Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Don't burn yourself out, Prof! If you need some more time between updates, we in the audience and those witches can entertain each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ProfessorProf posted:

A quick note for anyone watching the backlog length get shorter and shorter: Yeah, my LP motivation has been in the pits lately. I haven't finished a new update in about two weeks. I'm gonna try to push through it and get the wheels turning again this weekend, but in the worst case, the update speed might fall below MWF for a while. It's hard to go this long without burning out a little.

But since we're this far in already, I'll say it in red:

I swear that I will finish this LP.

You've got this Prof, everyone believes in you.

Besides, if you lose your will now, resurgam will have to start making the updates, and then where will we be?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ZiegeDame posted:

You've got this Prof, everyone believes in you.

Besides, if you lose your will now, resurgam will have to start making the updates, and then where will we be?

Probably back in episode 6 again.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Seriously, nobody's going to object if you take some time off. Hell, spend a couple of weeks doing something else if you need to, it's cool. I'm sure we'll figure out some way of amusing ourselves in the meantime.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

idonotlikepeas posted:

Seriously, nobody's going to object if you take some time off. Hell, spend a couple of weeks doing something else if you need to, it's cool. I'm sure we'll figure out some way of amusing ourselves in the meantime.

Umineko-based meta-chess.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Umineko fighting game tournament

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

more fanfiction from RKO, finally getting a hotsprings episode.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

ZiegeDame posted:

Are we actually past any potential spoilers in that game? Because that would be kinda dope, actually.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You are still not allowed to look at Ougun Musou Kyouku.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

havenwaters posted:

Probably back in episode 6 again.

:thejoke:

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Are we actually past any potential spoilers in that game? Because that would be kinda dope, actually.

I assume from what was said the last time I asked that Yasu is the final character, though I don't know that we've seen enough for their move-set to not contain spoilers.

Though back on the subject of the update, this is where I scoff at all you haters who doubted Kumasawa was the best mom.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

ZiegeDame posted:

Though back on the subject of the update, this is where I scoff at all you haters who doubted Kumasawa was the best mom.

Best mom is clearly Eva "Witch of the Kitchen" Ushiromiya. Except to Ange.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

I assume from what was said the last time I asked that Yasu is the final character, though I don't know that we've seen enough for their move-set to not contain spoilers.

The expansion for the fighting game isn't spoiler safe until you finish umineko episode 8.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

ProfessorProf posted:

A quick note for anyone watching the backlog length get shorter and shorter: Yeah, my LP motivation has been in the pits lately. I haven't finished a new update in about two weeks. I'm gonna try to push through it and get the wheels turning again this weekend, but in the worst case, the update speed might fall below MWF for a while. It's hard to go this long without burning out a little.

But since we're this far in already, I'll say it in red:

I swear that I will finish this LP.

Seriously, man, feel free to take a break. We expected you to take a far longer break before episode 7, so this is just you taking the break you could have taken then.

Rodyle posted:

You are still not allowed to look at Ougun Musou Kyouku.

I remember there was a video dropped earlier that was safe, but I also remember Cross was specifically mentioned as being spoilers for episode 8.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

well yes it is Cross in particular but OMK is like Melty Blood where you just play the expansions, never the base game

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Thanks for all the work you put into this LP, Prof! If you needed to go to weekly updates for a little bit, or even take a break entirely, to keep from burning out I'd be fine with that. After all, half the fun of a mystery is in stopping reading to discuss the puzzle, right? I think Yasu agrees with me.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Umineko-based meta-chess.

Learning higher mathematics via boxing match analysis.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Prof, you're good. We believe in ya, take a break if you need it.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Poltergrift posted:

Learning higher mathematics via boxing match analysis.

I would've taken this elective in college.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

I will happily volunteer to write more weirdo sadbrains poo poo in this thread to keep it going if you need to take a longer break, Prof! :unsmith:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Honestly, we all need the break. This is way too dark for me to really think about.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Well there's still a bunch of TIPS I really should get to working on

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Just caught up, jesus loving christ Kinzo.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > jesus loving christ Kinzo - Let's Play Umineko Chiru

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Poltergrift posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > jesus loving christ Kinzo - Let's Play Umineko Chiru

:yeah:

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
I can't believe I made the mistake of reading this LP before it was finished.

The end of the game isn't out on Steam, so I can't even finish it on my own terms. After episode 7 there's one more episode, right? Hopefully this will all have a satisfactory ending.

Witches aren't real, Magic is Fake, Kinzo is one of the shittiest men ever to walk the face of the Earth.

Higurashi's worth playing, right?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Witches are super real, I'll believe in them with all my heart

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Magner posted:

After episode 7 there's one more episode, right? Hopefully this will all have a satisfactory ending.
I don't know if you'll be satisfied when you find out in Episode 8 that magic is 100% real.

quote:

Higurashi's worth playing, right?
Sure! Someone in #witchchat pointed out that it's kind of a prototype for Umineko, but it's definitely worth a look. Unlike this VN, Higurashi actually has a passable anime, too, though the manga adaptation is much more faithful.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rko posted:

Sure! Someone in #witchchat pointed out that it's kind of a prototype for Umineko, but it's definitely worth a look. Unlike this VN, Higurashi actually has a passable anime, too, though the manga adaptation is much more faithful.

It's worth noting that unlike Umineko, there's no smoke and mirrors deployed - poo poo gets supernatural. Much like Umineko, though, it also lacks its back half on Steam, though there are (to my knowledge) official translations of the second set of VNs.

Like stated, though, aside from Quality DEEN Animation, Higurashi's anime isn't too harsh of a diversion from the source material. It's definitely an option if you don't want to sit through a manga or VN dumping :words: at you.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

It's worth noting that unlike Umineko, there's no smoke and mirrors deployed - poo poo gets supernatural. Much like Umineko, though, it also lacks its back half on Steam, though there are (to my knowledge) official translations of the second set of VNs.

Like stated, though, aside from Quality DEEN Animation, Higurashi's anime isn't too harsh of a diversion from the source material. It's definitely an option if you don't want to sit through a manga or VN dumping :words: at you.

They're slowly catching up on it, as Meakashi is up now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I guess I could check out the higurashi manga. The vns in steam don't have voices, right?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

I guess I could check out the higurashi manga. The vns in steam don't have voices, right?

There's a patch that puts those in, along with the rest of the PS3 CGs and sprites.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Poltergrift posted:

Like I said, Kinzo's a real motherfucker.

lookw
Oct 7, 2014

alcharagia posted:

Like I said, Kinzo's a real motherdaughterfucker.

ftfy

Also higurashi is worth picking up ,there are only a few differences between the anime and VN, and it gives context to some things that occur in umineko. but its a good story regardless.

KataraniSword posted:

Also supernatural forces are at work in higurashi (but treat it like a witches game except with no red or blue truths)

well there was only 2-3 significant deviations from the VN (and are so smooth you wouldnt know they were deviations) but only 1 thing they cut out i felt should have been left in.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The manga has Keiichi's comedy manga dad though.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

alcharagia posted:

Like I said, Kinzo's a real motherfucker.

OH DESIRE INTENSIFIES

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Let me be another person that says go ahead and take a well-deserved break, Prof! We'll be cool and just chill out with our theories and shitposts for now.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think we'll make up even crazier theories to fill the void.

Like, what if Beatrice was a sack of cold potatoes the whole time? Even the original one. The Italians just brought some potatoes on their sub for sustenance and couldn't understand why Kinzo kept making out with the bag.

SinisterTea
Oct 13, 2012
imo wo kirisaku OH DESIRE

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

idonotlikepeas posted:

what if Beatrice was a sack of cold potatoes the whole time? Even the original one. The Italians just brought some potatoes on their sub for sustenance and couldn't understand why Kinzo kept making out with the bag.

A better, happier timeline.

Kinzo: WESTERN VEGETABLES ARE SUPERIOR TO OUR PATHETIC JAPANESE VEGETABLES. *proceeds to stuff many potatoes into his mouth, and then die of diabetes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

KataraniSword posted:

The people who read the VN and then went to anime pretty much hated the latter. It doesn't change anything, but it cuts a lot. That said it's still a very good standalone product, and the answer arc anime (Higurashi Kai) is especially fantastic.

• Locked thread