Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I just dont get how this company runs itself. Realistically you dont expect things to change much from thursday afternoon till friday on the grand scale of things. You turn in your reports by team/section or whatever the day before and then you brief the boss on friday morning. If you MUST have every single team on the conference call or something then have the germany people come into the office an hour or two late and have them leave an hour or two later or have the LA people come in an hour or two early and have them leave an hour or two earlier. You get that done earlier in the morning, you digest the talking points and have the mook change the schedule report. It shouldn't take him that much since its just changing a few lines every week.

Its loving friday and the team has been in permanent crunch since about this time last year, nothing is going to be done today. loving get on with it and have them take the rest of the day off.

Normally that would work but peep this:

The only people who come in early / leave late at the LA office are either the grunt workers, or the useless refuse like Lando, Ben, etc. They contribute nothing to work being done and are too busy posting to twitter about the latest nerd thing they've found

The other offices are in crunch mode 24/7 like you said, but to post an update they have to pass it through the head decision makers (who yes you guessed it are either always unavailable, on vacation, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q7jkd/30_is_slotted_to_go_live_the_same_week_as_my_next/?st=J5OKAKHI&sh=3ddae502

"If you want an exact time frame to plan around; I'm going on vacation for a week on the 19th.

3.0 release will be on the 19th."

Yes, always good idea to plan your vacation days around a CIG release date.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 29, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the stream. Full video is here if anyone wants to suffer with me after the fact:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162698683

e: oh that's right I forgot, it starts with Beer single-handedly destroying the CIG management team in Battletech, skip to ~34 minutes in for SC

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Getting closer to the thing with the most potential for citizen revolt, the time to earn a whale chariot in game. They're either going to have a whale revolt, which they definitely can't afford or a space poor revolt, which they also can definitely not afford. There is no way they can sell ships UEC for what they are selling them for now and there is also no way they can not. It's going to be so wonderful :allears:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Beet Wagon posted:

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the stream. Full video is here if anyone wants to suffer with me after the fact:

e: oh that's right I forgot, it starts with Beer single-handedly destroying the CIG management team in Battletech, skip to ~34 minutes in for SC

Anything to ruin a self-cam tryhard day is always a plus in my book

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Goon stream best stream as per usual :)

Cheers Beet, was awesome being drunk and watching you play drunk citizen :D

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I tried for like an hour to play with Beet.

I felt grief.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

I tried for like an hour to play with Beet.

I felt grief.

I'm sorry commando. I'm gonna try and squeeze some more comedy blood out of this stone tomorrow if you want to jump in with me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol update is up 2 weeks TM

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

They're going to be dumping billions of spacebux worth of ships into the economy on day one. Prices are not going to go up

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can tell that the extra time needed to push out this schedule was used to try and smooth out the dates so it doesn't look bad. But this schedule is completely bonkers and assumes everything will loving work with no time in between to fix poo poo. 2 weeks of evocati "window" followed immediately with 2 weeks of the ptu one.

Its impossible, poo poo is going to break and they aren't accounting for it in the schedule. Followed by just a few days to try and get it ready for live. This poo poo feels more and more like its going to come out in october.

e-Character customization - "We cant even give you an estimate about when its going to be done". If I was your loving boss I'd fire you in the spot unless I happen to be the fucker that told yo ummm aaaa I want the pores in the anuses to be more fidelitious understand? in the briefing when you thought you were mostly done already.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 29, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
July 28th Schedule Report

Diff: http://www.mergely.com/vMlIAFNy/?wl=1/
Schedule Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Factual but not Truthful:

quote:

Completed: 3
Delayed: 7
Remaining: 14 (was 17)
Needs bug-fixing: 14 (was 14)
Total In-progress: 28 (was 30)
Furthest ETA: TBD or Aug 16th (was Aug 10th)

Excuses:

quote:

The following lists and charts show our progress towards releasing 3.0.0, with all remaining major tasks listed.

Tasks are either feature complete, or have an ETA for completion.

Some tasks may require further QA, bug-fixing and iteration.

Tasks that delay beyond our target dates might cause the release of 3.0.0 to be delayed, or might be excluded from 3.0.0 if appropriate to maintain the release date target. 3.0.0 work is separated into Subsections: Persistent Universe Content, FPS / Space Gameplay, Engineering, UI, AI, Graphics, Backend, Network, and Ships & Weapons.The 3.0.0 Procedural Planet update marks a major advance in the Star Citizen Persistent Universe.

This week, we entered the optimization, polish and bug fixing phase for the 3.0 feature set. As there have been so many features and content implemented, we’ve encountered some stability issues that we want to address before going to a wider test audience. The ongoing work on the new Patcher system (that will save you from having to completely re-download each build) and some new bugs with CopyBuild3 (our internal version of the patcher) have also slowed us down. Because of this we have pushed back the Evocati and subsequent date ranges to reflect the additional time needed to get Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 ready for prime time.

Completed:

quote:

- DELAMAR / LEVSKI - Shop kiosk implementation – Code complete

- ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER - Planned work for 3.0.0 is complete. This feature will extend past 3.0.0 as the work is ongoing, and continual improvements will be made in the run up to 3.0.0 release.

- CARGO MANIFEST APP - Bug fixing to follow.

Delayed:

quote:

- MISSION GIVERS - ETA is 11th August (was 28th July)
Reason: some code dependencies are still present and animation rework is still in progress

- ENTITY OWNER MANAGER - ETA is 11th August (was 28th July)
Reason: LA Engineering has identified further tasks needed to support persistence and netcode.

- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION - ETA is TBD (was 25th July)
Reason: Players will now be able to customize their characters’ heads, hair, eye color, and skin color. The team has been supporting other features, so the date for this has slipped. Production is reassessing and will post a specific projection next week.

- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP - ETA is 9th August (was 27th July)
Reason: Additional code support to fix issues with the Mission Manager, Hints, and the Ship Selector have delayed this feature slightly.

- COMMS SYSTEM UI - ETA is 16th August (was 25th July)
Reason: Delayed due to team being redirected to help resolve blockers on other issues.

- MISSION SYSTEM - ETA is 9th August (was 24th July)

- GEMINI L86 PISTOL - ETA is 2nd August (was 28th July)
Reason: The latest review of this weapon highlighted issues that need to be fixed before it is signed off as complete.

Remaining Open:

quote:

- MISSION GIVERS
- INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
- ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- INVENTORY SYSTEM
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- RENDER TO TEXTURE
- VOLUMETRIC FOG (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- APOCALYPSE ARMS SCOURGE RAIL GUN (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- RSI AURORA
- GEMINI L86 PISTOL

Needs bug fixing:

quote:

- Item 2.0 Ship Conversion – Part 2
- Insurance
- Doors and Airlocks
- Cargo
- Cargo Manifest App
- Kiosk Support
- Repair
- Hint System
- Personal Manager App
- Mission Manager App
- Physics Serialization
- Drake Dragonfly
- RSI Constellation Aquilla
- Misc Prospector

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 29, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

illectro posted:

I'm always a skeptic, it's my default state of being, but I'm not going to straight up attack a project and hope for it to fail that would just be unfair. Neither am I going to be a cheerleader praising 'innovative features' which only exist on some future roadmap. It was telling when they talked about planets and moons colliding and quickly followed up with 'don't tell Chris'.

It's always been clear that the game can't be everything to everyone - it's can't be a PVE RP paradise and a glorious PVP Thunderdome simultaneously.

So yep, I'm a goon, I'm a cynic and a skeptic and laughing when dumb stuff happens, but I'm not wishing for anything to fail because I'm also a nice guy. And I haven't posted a SC video since Christmas because there's been essentially no new content and half the comments on the last video were from Nazis who thought that having the FPS character be non white amounted to white genocide.

How many death threats have you received since outing yourself as a goon?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
I especially like this line from the schedule:

quote:

As there have been so many features and content implemented, we’ve encountered some stability issues that we want to address before going to a wider test audience.

poo poo is broke, yo.

I bet they can't get more than 10 fps. And more than two players crashes it. Or it currently takes a loving supercomputer to run.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Nicholas posted:

might cause the release of 3.0.0 to be delayed

we have pushed back the Evocati and subsequent date ranges

:monocle:

who could have seen this coming

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
< Transmission Begins >

In the land of misinformation, we must rely on the truth to be our guide. No matter how dark and hazy it gets, we must continue our crusade toward the light. This journey begins with us and it starts right here. My name is Parker Terrell, and it’s time for the Plain Truth.

The other day, a news alert popped up on my mobi, a simple headline that said Storm Securities financed the failed assassination of Imperator Costigan. That was it. One simple, declarative statement and the alert went away.

As it turns out, after evidence surfaced that this vaunted company had made payments to Maurice Vano, the assailant killed fleeing the failed assassination of Imperator Costigan, law enforcement raided their New Junction headquarters to look for more information. Publications were suddenly claiming that Storm Securities wasn’t just a company that had once hired Vano for some work. No, these so-called ‘news organizations’ decided to drop all pretense of due process and label Storm Securities as the financier behind the entire operation, without providing a shred of evidence outside of a single, unnamed source.

Now, this took me a bit by surprise because I know the folks who run Storm Securities. Their founder, Hamsa Paul, is a friend of the show, actually. We had him on several years back after a few of their contractors were involved in an unfortunate incident with the Advocacy.

But, we’ll circle back to that point later, because the second I read the news about Storm Securities, I reached out to Hamsa Paul for a comment. The truth of the matter is that Storm Securities hired Vano to do some legal security work and paid him out. That’s it. The company completes hundreds, if not thousands, of similar contracts every year. Yet, the Advocacy still kicked down their front door and used this small connection to Vano as an excuse to help themselves to the company’s records.

I don’t believe the “unnamed Advocacy source” for a second. No, instead I see this new development as a sign that we’ve entered a dangerous new part of the investigation — score settling. The failed assassination of Imperator Costigan has triggered the UEE’s shadow state into action, affording them the political cover to attack their adversaries and further their own sinister agenda.

Some of you have heard me rant and rave about this shadow state before — a cabal of people so powerful that most of the public isn’t aware that they’re the ones pulling the UEE’s strings. I know some of you are shaking your head, asking if this shadow state is so powerful and secretive, then why’s little ol’ Parker Terrell know about it?

Because I’m paying attention.

For instance, have you noticed how little information is truly out there about the attack on Imperator Costigan? Yeah, sure, every day a pundit hops on the spectrum to spin some wild new theory about how it was a Xi’an crime syndicate or some Tevarin separatist group behind it all. But the actual facts of the case are few and far between. Almost like someone doesn’t want us to know what really happened …

Don’t believe me? Well, let’s take a moment and examine exactly what we know about the assassination. Let’s toss every bit of unconfirmed information out the hatch and focus on things we know. That we can prove.

On May 30th, reports of an incident at the Banking Federation Summit in New York City flooded the spectrum. Two verified points rose above all the noise. First, that an assassination attempt aimed at Imperator Costigan had failed, but left one member of the 1st Marine Combat Battalion dead. Second, an individual believed to be involved in the attack was shot dead while fleeing the scene.

Exactly one week after this dramatic incident, Imperator Costigan makes his first public appearance. He arrives on the Senate floor to advocate for the Human-Xi’an Trade Initiative moments before a vote is scheduled on it. This highly unorthodox move would’ve created a political firestorm under normal conditions. HuXa opponents fume at the theatrics, but understand that criticizing the Imperator at such a time would only backfire. A vote is held and HuXa passes by a razor thin margin.

The morning after HuXa was passed, Advocacy Director Thomas Carmody holds his first press conference since the day of the failed assassination. He reveals the name of the individual killed fleeing the scene to be Maurice Vano. He also claims that Vano’s system had a “significant amount” of the new designer drug called Flow in it, but provides no relevant information past that.

Journalists investigate Vano and reveal that he’s ex-Navy. He worked as a merc for decades and has some tenuous ties to a hardlined Terran independence group. The Advocacy raids his flat and hangars. Boxes upon boxes of personal belongings are removed, but there’s no further official comment. His neighbors are hauled in for interviews and then, according to one of them, advised to avoid making comments in the press. Some end up speaking to journalists anyway, but they all say the same thing: Vano kept to himself, but occasionally had outbursts of anger. A description that could be applied to many others.

Despite his checkered past, very little information about his actions over the previous year has surfaced. That is, until last week’s raid on Storm Securities. Suddenly, someone in the Advocacy is leaking like a sieve, claiming that the company might’ve financed the entire operation.

Doesn’t that seem strange? In the two months since the failed assassination, all we’ve gotten from the Advocacy are bare bones facts about the attack and the name of the assailant. There hasn’t been one other leak out of the Advocacy until this “source” came forward to claim that Storm Securities financed the operation.

That got me wondering. Why now?

Well, some of you out there, much like me, might not be too surprised by this turn of events. You might even remember exactly why Storm Securities founder Hamsa Paul was on the show a few years ago.

If you don’t recall, back in 2945, a team of Storm Securities contractors were protecting a cargo hauler when it was jumped by members of the Otoni Syndicate. These security professionals turned the tables on their attackers and eliminated the threat, only to find out that one of the Otoni attackers was actually an undercover Advocacy agent.

The Advocacy came after Storm Securities, claiming that the agent had attempted to notify the operators of his true identity in an effort to maintain his cover, and that the company was liable for what happened. They made Hamsa Paul’s life a living hell for a year, but for all the Advocacy’s bluster, Storm Securities was ultimately cleared of all charges. They put the tragic event behind them, but the Advocacy doesn’t seem to have moved on.

It seems to me that scores are being settled, and this will be but the first controlled leak that happens. Despite all the lies designed to confuse or distract us, we must stay vigilant and on top of the truth more than ever before. The future of the UEE depends on it.

We need to take a quick break. When the Plain Truth returns, I’ll be speaking with Ezra Talen about the shadow state and his new book Whispers & Handshakes, which examines how the real empire-building is happening behind the scenes. That, and more, when we return.

End Transmission

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Hav posted:

Oh, we _all_ have to consider that kind of blowback. The world is a hosed up place.

me and my friends have gotten death threats from citizens when I still was a loving citizen. It's apparently like a way to say hello to people you don't like.

I started making collages with animal pictures out of them.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

illectro posted:

So yep, I'm a goon, I'm a cynic and a skeptic and laughing when dumb stuff happens,

Oh my the mighty Scott Manley in a thread with me, I'm getting all excited. I actually watched your long video on star citizens troubled development and the goon perspective and I thoroughly enjoyed it even when I still was dreamin' the dream.

Thanks for all your videos. I love the real life rocketery and spaceflight content. And please continue with the realism overhaul series, I think you mentioned it Un goofed itself now or so.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
so live officially ruled out for gamescome

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Well gently caress I know which part I'm going to watch.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
lol frontier is worth more than RSI, in spite of all the maniac money grubbing.

croberts cucked by braben again

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

so live officially ruled out for gamescome

Who'd want to show a game at a place like that anyway? Showing only to the faithful at the prestigious 150 head Citizencon is the primo way to roll.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

starkebn posted:

Who'd want to show a game at a place like that anyway? Showing only to the faithful at the prestigious 150 head Citizencon is the primo way to roll.

Could take a page from the Ouya playbook and have your convention in a parking lot across the street from the main convention

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Imagine being the yam in black standing on stage showing up to the very same event, behind schedule to the very thing you hyped up on the very same stage only to deliver more promises goals of future releases just on the horizon.

Please do not get refunds, please continue giving this company money as gamescom and citizencon might as well be national holidays for me at this point

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

loving called it!

:boom:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well gently caress I know which part I'm going to watch.

It was pretty good. Agent, MoMA, and Meridian poo poo the bed and then you used the glorious Atlas Fist to punch the CIG management team into the next dimension.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

drat I missed it :cry: catching up now and its hilarious! Well done goons in chat. Now that you're a Top SC streamer the sickening and heartbreaking truth is you should stream when 3.0 arrives :getin:

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Like 70% of the text in the email thing they send out is pushing the cyclone.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 29, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

Some amongst the wisest of goons may have already noticed that some key links related to the "when did SC start its development" discussion have disappeared. Examples:

- Mittani interview in 2012 where CR uttered his famous "We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale."
link: https://www.themittani.com/features/exclusive-interview-star-citizens-chris-roberts
Gone.

- Simplygon client testimony by Chris Roberts where he acknowledged prototyping and research work in 2011, where he said "When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research on various LOD processes as I knew this would be important considering the large poly counts I was aiming for"
link: https://www.simplygon.com/news/cloud-imperium-games-chooses-simplygon
Gone.

I am sure CIG or loving David Swofford are totally not involved in those disappearances.

Have any of you oh valour goons kept archived links to those old sites mayhaps?

https://web.archive.org/web/20121021232822/https://www.themittani.com/features/exclusive-interview-star-citizens-chris-roberts

https://web.archive.org/web/20160914002052/https://www.simplygon.com/news/cloud-imperium-games-chooses-simplygon

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Backers have been buttered up for nearly two weeks now in order to lubricate this concept sale, so this delay is hitting them particularly hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q7zih/new_schedule_update/

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I already called it :smug:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I always like the reddit Friday schedule thread.

Some poor backer expresses his apathy and disappointment in the first paragraph of their post.

But in the second paragraph talks about how once 3.0 hits future updates should be quicker.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Well I for one was completely blindsided by this latest delay. What a shocking development.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tooterfish posted:

Well I for one was completely blindsided by this latest delay. What a shocking development.

Do you feel grief? :ohdear:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Backers have been buttered up for nearly two weeks now in order to lubricate this concept sale, so this delay is hitting them particularly hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q7zih/new_schedule_update/

Star Citizen: Not merely disappointment, but weary of disappointment

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I feel immense grief.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

illectro posted:

I'm always a skeptic, it's my default state of being, but I'm not going to straight up attack a project and hope for it to fail that would just be unfair. Neither am I going to be a cheerleader praising 'innovative features' which only exist on some future roadmap. It was telling when they talked about planets and moons colliding and quickly followed up with 'don't tell Chris'.

It's always been clear that the game can't be everything to everyone - it's can't be a PVE RP paradise and a glorious PVP Thunderdome simultaneously.

So yep, I'm a goon, I'm a cynic and a skeptic and laughing when dumb stuff happens, but I'm not wishing for anything to fail because I'm also a nice guy. And I haven't posted a SC video since Christmas because there's been essentially no new content and half the comments on the last video were from Nazis who thought that having the FPS character be non white amounted to white genocide.

:allears:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always like the reddit Friday schedule thread.

Some poor backer expresses his apathy and disappointment in the first paragraph of their post.

But in the second paragraph talks about how once 3.0 hits future updates should be quicker.

they didnt learn a goddamn thing last year

quote:

3.1 this year is still a possibility, as a good portion of their team has probably moved their focus on it a few weeks ago.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The word of the day every day in star citizen is "miscreancy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
3.0 out next week.

Tick tock.