Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just had a Nightless Rose drop unexpectedly.

Should I bother saving up for another one (with golds or silvers) or just splurge on upgrade materials? My luck is generally pretty poor when it comes to loot tables so I never imagined the game would just hand me one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Bad Seafood posted:

Just had a Nightless Rose drop unexpectedly.

Should I bother saving up for another one (with golds or silvers) or just splurge on upgrade materials? My luck is generally pretty poor when it comes to loot tables so I never imagined the game would just hand me one.

Crystallized Lores and ascension mats are a higher priority. Once you've got all of those, you can farm silver medals for another copy of the craft essence if you have the time and the inclination.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Alright, thanks.

Won't be needing any more forbidden pages for awhile. Gonna need to grind some monuments though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Soylentbits posted:

What should I be running for max gold medals?
After doing this thing for a couple of days, I think this is the best strategy:

-Run through 5, 10, 20, and 30AP first just to get them out of the way and get the quest rewards. Ideally you never run the 5 and 10 again in that round.
-Run the 30AP until you are close to leveling up (less than 7,000 XP needed), then switch to the 20AP exclusively the rest of the day. Repeat this step the next 2-3 days of the round.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pureauthor posted:

For the JPN 2nd Anniversary, you complete a quest so you get to pick 1 CE out of 47 (mechanically identical) variants. That is a lot of artwork.

A sample. Look at that Herc and ROMA!

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/2nd_fgofes2017/

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are you sure these 30 ap monster killing would give me caster gems or whatever? I keep getting these loving dragons

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

are you sure these 30 ap monster killing would give me caster gems or whatever? I keep getting these loving dragons

It can spawn either a dragon or a demon as the boss. The demon will almost always drop a caster gem (it can drop a Foreign God Heart instead, but if that happens you shouldn't complain).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

With a lucky octuplet drop, I got my Hercules to level 70! He looks very cool now

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hahaha yeah, Nerofest 30AP today is hilariously easy with either an Artoria or Saber Alter.

Tired Moritz posted:

I got two last night running the 30AP about four times after I hit my gold medal target.

But now that I've done that I might as well get the single assassin and single saber gems I'm missing from this set of master quests. It looks like the finals will have those in the events, but don't the master quests reset on Monday as well? Might be in the evening, but still. E: Actually I guess it's Sunday night, which means if I'm reading this correctly the only way to get assassin gems if you are short now is to run the monster daily today and hope one of the bronze/silver assassin enemies drop one.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 28, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

E: Actually I guess it's Sunday night, which means if I'm reading this correctly the only way to get assassin gems if you are short now is to run the monster daily today and hope one of the bronze/silver assassin enemies drop one.

Better to run Bordeaux or Mt. Etna if Assassin's the only one you need.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
E: Ha, nevermind, I was looking at the JP in the spreadsheet tab.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 28, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Summer Herc is so cool

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
People are vastly underestimating striped swimsuit Asterios with swimming belt. :kimchi:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also maaaaaaan I wish I had stockpiled Berserker XP cards rather than burning them in advance of Nerofest. Had I a good reservoir on hand I could have probably gotten Herc up to 70 right now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lt. Lizard posted:

People are vastly underestimating striped swimsuit Asterios with swimming belt. :kimchi:

Yeah, this is a really hard choice.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

A sample. Look at that Herc and ROMA!

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/2nd_fgofes2017/

They've also got all this stuff as merch, so if you can somehow swing by FGO Fes you can pick up your own Summer Herk swag!

Personally I'm partial to Bedi and Nightingale's outfits. Those suits are snazzy.

Demiya and Kintoki are pretty great too.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
finally got a second demon boss on the killing monster quests... and it decides to drop a heart. thanks, I don't need this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
TBF I think a Heart of a Foreign God is way more valuable than something that is going to be worth 1/14th or whatever of a quartz.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Yeah, heart is the most valuable item because they can't be obtained outside of event until post story end. It's used in crap ton of skill and ascention.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

the drop sheet says it's almost 1000 ap to get a heart on average. don't complain! that's the only source of hearts until the moon goddess event.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So, does Summer Bonnie Anne's third skill apply a permanent (until killed or dispelled) Guts? I haven't had fights last long enough to see this before, but her skill came off cooldown (6 turns) and the Guts effect is still active. Can anyone else that has her, or access to more info, confirm this? The skill description doesn't have a duration for Guts, but I just expected it to be tied with the attack boost's duration.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

So, does Summer Bonnie Anne's third skill apply a permanent (until killed or dispelled) Guts? I haven't had fights last long enough to see this before, but her skill came off cooldown (6 turns) and the Guts effect is still active. Can anyone else that has her, or access to more info, confirm this? The skill description doesn't have a duration for Guts, but I just expected it to be tied with the attack boost's duration.

It says it's "1 time" guts, the same way Cu's evade is "3 times". I'm sure there's no time limit on it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

There's no time limit on the guts, yeah. It's the same for Teach, since he also has Pirate's Glory.

The downside is they get resurrected at only 1 HP.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Had a lovely day today.
Fell and face planted on my way to work this morning, twisting my ankle, bruising my shoulder, and busting up a knee. To add insult to injury the sole from one shoe tore part way loose (trying some adhesive to repair) and my good work slacks tore.
SO NATURALLY LET'S TRY OUR LUCK WITH THE GACHA.

And I get a kaleidoscope, Nero, and Waver.
Bless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tonight at 9pm est the 2nd Anniversary streams start for JP FGO and there's gonna be a ton of poo poo for streams including stuff for Fate anime adaptations, probably some new games, and tomorrow at 11pm est is the normal group of people to talk about what's gonna be happening in FGO for 2nd Anniversary and the next few months.

I think someone posted it already, but here is the stream schedule

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_Fes_2017_Stage_Schedule

F/GO Chaldean Broadcaster 2nd Anniversary SP is the big stream for new stuff tomorrow and it's only one that has an official channel airing it on youtube whereas the rest are only being aired on NicoNico.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

tokomon posted:

Had a lovely day today.
Fell and face planted on my way to work this morning, twisting my ankle, bruising my shoulder, and busting up a knee. To add insult to injury the sole from one shoe tore part way loose (trying some adhesive to repair) and my good work slacks tore.
SO NATURALLY LET'S TRY OUR LUCK WITH THE GACHA.

And I get a kaleidoscope, Nero, and Waver.
Bless.

Blood sacrifice works then.

brb throwing myself down some stairs

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

That's my working theory.
Next time I'm going to try some Russian insurance scamming and fling myself into traffic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a place that listed the order of which all the servants were released in Japan?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
second post of the op

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
The rate-up schedule also serves as a release schedule because almost every servant got a rate up when it was added to the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

second post of the op

I am glad I read that and saw that there was nothing of interest for a while as I just did a 10 roll and got Altera and a bunch of 3* servants that I can feed to my team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

I am glad I read that and saw that there was nothing of interest for a while as I just did a 10 roll and got Altera and a bunch of 3* servants that I can feed to my team.
dont feed 3* servants!! 3* servants are good!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

dont feed 3* servants!! 3* servants are good!

I mean I used them as NP boosters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I burned no fewer than 7 Jing Kes during the Gil rateup.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have burned so many Saber Gilles, Lu Bus, Dariuses, and Jing Kes in the two years I played JPN version.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How do I kill this evading guy using protection of arrows?

nvm he died

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Anyone hoarding FP?

I'm sitting on 40k+. After tasting how bad the gatcha rates are quartz wise I've lost all motivation to roll period.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I see no reason to horde FP. There's nothing worth saving for, and it's all garbage anyway, so I just do the free 10x roll and move on.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm at 92k I think. I should start rolling but whenever I do the free roll I get nothing... so I don't. Been trying to max NP medusa but she never dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

PureRok posted:

I see no reason to horde FP. There's nothing worth saving for, and it's all garbage anyway, so I just do the free 10x roll and move on.

Angra is a friend and he is worth saving for