Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bumble posted:

wow, i can't believe garrison finally drew a realistic trump

[Very Good]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

bumble posted:

:bernpop:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
was actually shopping in palo alto and saw a model 3
it may fail, sure

is the whole company gonna fail?
when you're in good with the top vc's and private equity and ibanks and poo poo, they take care of you to a large extent
there may be some credit shenanigans, but unless the actual bourgeosie of the world fall out with musk, tesla's going to be a contender

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

sorry about your bolt purchase?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's extremely funny that people are willingly paying 35k+ for an empty interior with no features at all

what an incredible scam

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
elon musk is going to dig tunnels from dc to baltimore to nyc and we' re all gonna live in the unfinished holes after the bombs drop

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Bushiz posted:

the proper order to watch F&F movies is 4,5,6,3,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

nctv is doing the sequel after watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

it's time for

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

after a brief intermission :getin:

sir james martin of the faith no more spiritual and theological center

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Breakfast All Day posted:

sorry about your bolt purchase?

i'm not buying an electric for another 2-3 years

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

get this, people pay mad $$$ for little bits of simple food at restaurants, when the whole time you could just go to golden corral and get all the food you want for like $10. what an incredible scam

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

triple sulk posted:

it's extremely funny that people are willingly paying 35k+ for an empty interior with no features at all

what an incredible scam

it's not going to be worth it, but no apple product has actually been worth it since about the apple ][, and people bought the poo poo out of lots of things anyways

the markets are sucking elon's dick in anticipation of an actually profitable car company, not in anticipation of great cars

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

bumble posted:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

triple sulk posted:

enabling the self driving is 3k lmao

paying 3k to kill yourself

i love capitalism

da system woiks

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Now Kim Chee I can get behind. Goes great with beer. Or Soju, for that matter. Or beer with Soju added to it. Eating Kim Chee and drinking beer rn.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

petit choux posted:

Now Kim Chee I can get behind. Goes great with beer. Or Soju, for that matter. Or beer with Soju added to it. Eating Kim Chee and drinking beer rn.

there are a few thousand recorded kimchi dishes, most of them super loving obscure. but about a dozen are eaten commonly in korea

kimchi is a category, in other words

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

modern model T chic. +$50,000

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

get this, people pay mad $$$ for little bits of simple food at restaurants, when the whole time you could just go to golden corral and get all the food you want for like $10. what an incredible scam

when i go to GC they know the boss is In Town. I roll up to my favorite table (least wobbly) in my rascal. the manager comes over with their largest plate and slams it down with two raw steaks slathered in a double layer of The Corral's golden mac n cheese and asks me if ill have my usual to drink (diet coke gotta watch the calories). i nod slightly--my neck folds have rendered my head nearly immobile--and begin cutting into my discount meat while i work up a sweat

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/344399-mnuchin-us-will-hit-debt-limit-by-sept-29

Congress' August recess ends Sept. 5th and the debt ceiling will be hit Sept. 29th.

I look forward to the Republican lead Congress passing tax reform, a budget, debt ceiling raise, and other important poo poo I'm unaware of in that time frame.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whether youre a king or a lowly street sweeper
sooner or later you dance with the reaper

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

triple sulk posted:

hmm yes which car would i like

this

or this piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/TeslaMotors/status/891151205652508673

it doesnt matter what kinda car it is if you cant see the speed through the steering wheel itll never be cool. theres been too many cool car chase movies for it to be any other way.

a supreme nerdlinger like elon musk doesnt get that

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

this but unironically

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a helpful bear posted:

when i go to GC they know the boss is In Town. I roll up to my favorite table (least wobbly) in my rascal. the manager comes over with their largest plate and slams it down with two raw steaks slathered in a double layer of The Corral's golden mac n cheese and asks me if ill have my usual to drink (diet coke gotta watch the calories). i nod slightly--my neck folds have rendered my head nearly immobile--and begin cutting into my discount meat while i work up a sweat

every morning i open palm slam food onto my plate. the name of the restaurant is golden corral and i do the moves
along with the main character, a helpful bear

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

punchymcpunch posted:

whether youre a king or a lowly street sweeper
sooner or later you dance with the reaper

I'm not Asmodeus, I'm not trying to suck my own cock... I'm not trying to build my own brand off the loving strength of Satan. I'm here to serve the Underworld.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

teslas are for people who want a prius but they wanna waste even more money

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

bumble posted:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
just lol if u arent investing in radiation absorbing power cells for the coming wastelands

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whys trump wearin a texan bolero tie

aint that fella from noo yawk city?!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bumble posted:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

got any sevens posted:

wtf is wrong with that poster

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

a helpful bear posted:

that chevy interior looks cool but i have a 2008 malibu and its falling apart and ive sworn off GM

i have a 2005 cobalt that i bought new that recently had a leaky fuel line and that is literally the only big thing i've had to do to it. i was young and dumb to buy new but gently caress eleven years w/ that car and only having to pay normal maintenance costs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a helpful bear posted:

just lol if u arent investing in radiation absorbing power cells for the coming wastelands

get out of here C.S.P.A.M.M.E.R.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

triple sulk posted:

hmm yes which car would i like

this

or this piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/TeslaMotors/status/891151205652508673

"No officer, the crash wasn't my fault! My car blue screened!"

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
it seems they priced the whole model 3 thing to be vaguely similar to the mercedes cla or bmw 1-series, where it's quite the crap car but it's got the brand name on it

hey, it might work, given the loving religion that they have over the loving company

2017 nissan leaf is cool and good but gets 110 miles per charge
tesla 3 gets 220
2018 nissan leaf will get 200, but we'll see about the price

i don't think it's gonna be a roflstomp
the tunnel poo poo is gonna be a roflstomp by the local governments on elon tho

curufinor has issued a correction as of 07:05 on Jul 29, 2017

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

curufinor posted:

there are a few thousand recorded kimchi dishes, most of them super loving obscure. but about a dozen are eaten commonly in korea

kimchi is a category, in other words

Well dust my broom. I'm eatin' a category

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loving mondo poo poo

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

peeonwe posted:

i have a 2005 cobalt that i bought new that recently had a leaky fuel line and that is literally the only big thing i've had to do to it. i was young and dumb to buy new but gently caress eleven years w/ that car and only having to pay normal maintenance costs

my sister bought a used cobalt (shortly after me) that had a previous life as a rental and it has had like zero problems, which matches your experience almost to a T. She got the barebones one that even has manual window handles instead of electric

i think i mostly just hosed up buying the first year of a redesign/remodel

im still swearing off GM out of spite even though that Bolt looks awesome

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

petit choux posted:

Well dust my broom. I'm eatin' a category

natural second thing is kkakdugi
if you bought your kimchi from a korean grocery it'll be next to the normal kimchi
if you didn't buy your kimchi from a korean grocery you should start buying your kimchi from a korean grocery
they'll have a kimchi section, with 3-15 kinds depending on the size

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cyberpunk future seems likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Al! posted:

cyberpunk future seems likely