Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

He eats so fast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Oh man I love this so much.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that cat sure plays a mean maze

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That video led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOajqOpdHk

lol

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I would do this if you filled it with seasoned french fries from Islands. :btroll:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Happy to report Tibi is doing quite well, the anti biotics are working well and treating his bone infection, I'll find out just how much next tuesday on his check up but he's better than ever right now.

He approves of my new bed.

And this picture of Kiwi came out to well for me not to share.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Good cattes.

I'm really glad Tibi's doing better. I was worried.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JackMann posted:

Good cattes.

I'm really glad Tibi's doing better. I was worried.

You and me both brother. :unsmith:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Best catte toy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j72Hh7WsfA

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That thing is great for messing with cats :3:

To be honest I dunno what they're for apart from that

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Rory update!

The tiniest of beans

Rory weighed in at 9 ounces today, and is continuing to grow strong. She's even started to push herself up and attempt walking instead of scooting herself along the ground. Her eyes still have not yet opened, though, so she continues to be kind of a pain in the rear end at feeding time, but she purrs so loud whilst fighting the nipple that it's hard to be upset about it.

We did find a flea on her a couple days ago, so she now gets a daily flea combing. We haven't seen anything outside of that one flea we combed off, so I'm hoping we nipped that infestation in the bud. She'll continue to get daily combings regardless, and we've already flea treated the other cats in the house as well as spraying the foster room with flea spray to be on the safe side.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hey Chili, mind posting some day 1 vs current Butters comparison photos? Pleeeeeeease?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hey Chili, mind posting some day 1 vs current Butters comparison photos? Pleeeeeeease?

Yeah! I can do that. On Sunday I'll try and get him to pose in some of the ways he was back when he was fatterbutters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Before he was BUTTERSCOTCH, followed shortly by BUTTERscotch, and now approaching Butterscotch.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Butterscotch pictures and video make everything better.

(So do the foster ones, those are really great, but Butterscotch is...Butterscotch.)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chili posted:

Yeah! I can do that. On Sunday I'll try and get him to pose in some of the ways he was back when he was fatterbutters.

Is he still having the health/grooming issues he was back when he was real fat? I remember you posting about them a bit before you decided to keep him.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Another crosspost from PYF.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
a butterganger
http://dcist.com/2017/07/that_35-pound_cat_got_his_happily_e.php#photo-1

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Browsing Petfinder, I think I found a cat whose existential dread rivals the Butter's.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Don't worry Polly, you're adorable and someone will adopt you.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Boogalo posted:

Don't worry Polly, you're adorable and someone will adopt you.

I'm so lonely :cry:

Datte catte looks adorable eeeeee :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Before & After pictures are coming. But, for now enjoy a snoozy butters:

https://youtu.be/-ocjNzWMvCg

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think if I ever end up somehow owning a house I'm gonna be a foster person. :3:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chili posted:

Before & After pictures are coming. But, for now enjoy a snoozy butters:

https://youtu.be/-ocjNzWMvCg

Oh my god. :kimchi:

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vUYab_q_Q4

Rory's eyes have finally opened, and now that she can see she wants to explore.

She's also inspired a new cat-themed parody song in our house, sung every time we make her potty:

Everything is awful!
Everything is terrible when I make you pee
Everything is awful,
judging by your screams

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Thread has been kinda quiet for a bit. Got some good news though. We are opening our home up to a poodlypuppy tomorrow!

It's been a long time since we've hosted a dog, largely because I get super attached to dogs. But I'm hopeful that with around 100 fosters under my belt, my heart will have hardened, at least a little bit.

We want to get a dog one day but we need to see how our cats (just butterscotch really) handle the dynamic. We'll of course have pictures and videos, let's all hope for :3: cattedoggo buds :3:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yay! Please post many Butters reaction shots/vids!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Yay! Please post many Butters reaction shots/vids!

If I could've, I would've.

I've only had Lincoln in the home for a half hour or so but this is already immensely stressful.

Butterscotch is NOT happy. And like, in ways I've never seen him be not happy. His ears flattened down entirely and he tried to squish himself under the bed like our other, more svelte cat, can. When he wasn't able to, he really freaked out and I didn't even have Lincoln in the room with him. Not likely to see too many cat/dog buddy pictures but you never know!

Meanwhile, Lincoln is high energy and wants very much to be friends with everything. For now, he seems to be doing well enough his crate. So I put it in a somewhat central part of the house and have him chilling in there. Hopefully, with him, a secure setting like that the cats will come out and realize that they're not in grave danger...

I'm not exactly hopeful of that.

Meanwhile, he came home smelling of poo poo as many shelter pets do so I gave him a bath which he tolerated OK. He's a good boy. He's with us while he recovers simultaneously from dental surgery and neutering. Currently, he's licking his crotch like it's a melty ice cream cone so it's gonna be back in the cone of shame for a bit.

Our understanding is he's got some poodle and shih tzu in him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That is a good dog. A+

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Butters will come around. No idea how long it'll take, which is the problem, but it'll happen.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

Butters will come around. No idea how long it'll take, which is the problem, but it'll happen.

Well he's only got a week.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Yay more doggos itt!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I would foster fail on that dog within 5 minutes and I'm not even a dog person

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I hope Butterscotch is okay. :(

We may have to take care of my brother's cats, at least for a little while. They are:

Jim

and Dwight.

Charlie was okay with a tiny kitten, but we'll have to see how he does with these two young men. Also, they're brothers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like those two are named the wrong way around, expression-wise.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dwight is delightful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Antivehicular posted:

Dwight is dewightful.

:colbert:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Lincoln! https://youtu.be/6dBURrKM1zA

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
When I first took my cats to stay with my parents, they were not happy with the dogs. Dallas is a big ol' yellow lab and wanted to be best friends with everyone. Jessie was terrified of him and ran away, while Rocky chased him away.

It was a few weeks before Jessie would even be in the same room with him. By that point, Dallas realized he was about ten times Rocky's size, so Rocky changed his tactics to simply ignoring the dog and being as uninteresting as possible. He kept to that strategy for the rest of his life.

After a month or two, Jessie warmed up to the point where she still wouldn't be down on the floor where Dallas could slobber on her, but she'd play with him over the edge of the counter or tables. She'd even swat at him to make sure he paid attention to her anytime he passed by.

Basically, I wouldn't expect a lot of progress in the week you're fostering Lincoln, but that doesn't mean Butterscotch is incompatible with dogs. Just that different cats have different reactions to weird new things, and it takes them different amounts of time to get used to things.

Speaking of Jessie, she and Esme went to the vet today. Jessie had some heightened levels of certain liver proteins, so they want me to bring her in again in six months. Esme's doing well aside from a long-standing respiratory bug (it's a herpes virus causing it, so she'll always have bouts, sadly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We're getting there: