Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
My seether/inflictors went together like a dream aside from a dumb seam right where the magnet needs to go in the shoulder. I have enough slayer chassis so I think I may sit out unless the new Erebus and Malice look really good (bought a bunch of open boxes from dgi for 5 slayers, 2 reapers and 2 corrupters, along with Malice and Erebus.) I dont see myself needing a 6th slayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Storm raptor feels flimsy (it is incredibly light: absolutely no metal and lots of hollow spots) but mine is holding up really well

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Denny3 fits together really well and is a comparable size.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
When I put together my cryx mk2 starter set, I remember making the deathrippers, and they actually clicked together like Lego, and had odd shape holes such that you couldn't put it together wrong and was blown away. Lol.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

rantmo posted:

I'm reading Grymkin book and it's giving me flashbacks to old-school White Wolf Vampire books from the 90's and not in the most flattering way.

I got more of a Liber Chaotica vibe myself. I could see this if we were comparing it to the Book of Cain, though. There's not enough crunch in there for it to be a splatbook.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

!Klams posted:

When I put together my cryx mk2 starter set, I remember making the deathrippers, and they actually clicked together like Lego, and had odd shape holes such that you couldn't put it together wrong and was blown away. Lol.

That feature with the newer (plastic) warp wolves makes them super easy to mangetize.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I'm taking Stryker1 double colossals to a Team tournament as one of our Cygnar answers. With Sr17, I feel including some infantry is crucial, but I'm struggling with deciding between two builds. I'd love some feedback, especially since I have to submit the lists today ;)

Variant 1:
Stryker1 with Squire, Hurricane, Stormwall
Arlan Strangewayes
Swordknights
max Mechanics
Jr with Firefly

Pro: the Firefly can help the Swordknights do some work and has synergy with the Hurricane. I won't mind losing him, as he's mostly a throwaway piece. Some Infantry removal capabilities. Con: have to put Jr in danger if I want to get any work out of the Firefly, otherwise he'll really only be there to run to a certain spot and die the next turn.

Variant 2:
same, but with min Mechanics and a Hunter on Jr instead.

Pro: the Hunter can get snipe and threaten important solos. Jr can keep him in his command reliably. Con: no other synergies. I think I prefer this build as the Cygnar drop, since I can put pressure on the enemy Jr and Arlan, keeping them from committing to the game.

I am leaning towards Variant 2, what are your thoughts?

I played Stryker1 without the infantry but with Ol' Rowdy instead twice, and scenario was very live. I bullied a Severius2 player out of contesting and scored 4 in my turn two, while positioning the stormwall in a way that he couldn't contest one of the zones. Stryker feels like a huge scenario bully, and with infantry to score round zones, I want to leverage that effect.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Please talk me out of buying the Death Wolves, thank you.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

evenworse username posted:

Please talk me out of buying the Death Wolves, thank you.

How much do you like power 12ish without reach attacks on a unit with small command lacking stealth that requires corpse gathering to be effective? Does circle have a way to give out free tokens? I play the Devil Shadow a lot in mercs, but its basically Zyra + 2 grunts who might block a charge lane for her...

Unless your post was sarcastic, in which case, I'm sorry :v:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Death Wolves are emblematic of Circle's design problems

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I play the death wolves in tharn theme under Morv2. Gives them stealth through fog of war, they each start with a heart token, and she can return them to play. They're really very sticky and useful for scenario.

This is my list for reference...

Devourer's Host
Morv2
-Ghetorix
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Gorax
Death Wolves
Bloodtrackers
-UA (free)
Wolf Riders (min)

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Captainicus posted:

How much do you like power 12ish without reach attacks on a unit with small command lacking stealth that requires corpse gathering to be effective? Does circle have a way to give out free tokens? I play the Devil Shadow a lot in mercs, but its basically Zyra + 2 grunts who might block a charge lane for her...

Unless your post was sarcastic, in which case, I'm sorry :v:

Yeah if you play them in the Tharn theme they can start with some hearts which helps them not die instantly.

The models are cool and they're at that point where I can just about see them working out that I'm tempted. Also, more crazy heart-eating cannibals.

... I think I can hold out.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I've seen lists where they are played with Grayle. Skoll is an amazing target for Storm Rager and can easily clear a zone with Mat 9 PS 16 with 2" reach.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

she can return them to play.

I though Morv2's feat was non-character

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Daemonqueller posted:

I though Morv2's feat was non-character

well poo poo i've been cheating apparently. Ruh roh!

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I haven't played Scaverous since I got shot off the table in a tourney with him. Got a game in tonight and drat he is fun. Played the Croes, Raiders, Wrong-Eye build. Rotated Soul Harvester and mulched a bunch of Posse. Also managed a super clutch tk Erebus tk Wrassler to kill it. Opponent charged Erebus in return but didn't read his card and see the 14 def and Poltergeist so after flubbing a swing I got to push him away from a fury and raged Wrassler. Croes didnt do nearly the work I expected them to but Posse are surprisingly difficult to remove and I never got line on their back arc. Between Soul Harvester and Erebus I had a stack of like 14 focus for my feat turn. That is a lot of boosted TKs. Scavvy himself took 3 Posse off the table with a combination of death field, feast of worms, tks, and thresher. Erebus is shockingly difficult to kill at 14 def and death ward. I should probably try him out in theme.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Running Jakes 2 in Heavy Metal and Haley 1 in Sons of Tempest tonight. Back to the best faction so I should just coast to victory.

Cygnar - Jakes 2

Theme: Heavy Metal
Captain Allison Jakes - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Lancer - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Thunderhead - PC: 20
- Hammersmith - PC: 12

Storm Strider - PC: 18

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Sword Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Sword Knight Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0

Not sure about the battlegroup but it combines some range threat with electrical shenanigans so it should help.

Cygnar - Haley 1

Theme: Sons of the Tempest

Captain Victoria Haley - WJ: +27
- Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)

Gun Mage Captain Adept - PC: 0
Gun Mage Captain Adept - PC: 0
Arcane Tempest Rifleman - PC: 4

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 4
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 4
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Black 13th Strike Force - Lynch, Ryan, & Watts: 10

Haley is all about shooting and then shooting some more. It really sucks that you can't Snipe and then CRA with the Gun Mages but we can't have everything.

This is my answer to Ret and Ghost fleet. Shoot them before I get got in turn. Cyclones getting up to Rat 10, PS 14 with 2d3+1 on feat turn that I can give Snipe too is just fantastic.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Jakes 2 proved the victor over an incredible Ragnor list. I was just able to out maneuver him and win via scenario.

Anyone here playing Caine 3 in Cygnar? If so, what are you running with him?

I want to play him in the Trencher theme since he can really use the cloud wall for survivability.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Caine 3 in Heavy Metal with Ace, JR + whatever, Arlan, and spend the rest of your points on Chargers.

If I still played Cygnar I would run that list. It looks very fun and competitive.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Honestly I think it mostly just gets played into Ghost Fleet right?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd imagine it has good match-ups into any caster that lacks protection from shooting. There's only so much you can do about that volume of accurate, powerful attacks. Especially with Mage Sight and two Shadow Fires.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 2, 2017

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

I dunno, my games into Cygnar mostly involve Hayley2 or Kara Sloan. Dark Host does little to mitigate quality eyeless sight guns. A pile of pirates blocks denny1 real well. Dark Host seems to scare off Stryker1 and really jack heavy variants. Its still a game and I lose more Cygnar matchups than I win. No one locally runs Caine3 though.

Any Cryx players sitting on some sweet anti-Grymkin tech? Im getting in regular games against them and they really have RFP coming out of their ears. Ghost Fleet is tough because their casters are so slippy and they can just remove my pirates so trivially. Ive been running Gaspy2 in Host with the 30 infantry build but it is also quite rfp weak. I tried Skaare1 double engine but it kind of caved on a hairbrained assassin run. I picked up another cav so I was thinking coven double cav or perhaps Gaspy3.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 2, 2017

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

It's real good into the mirror too, as long as you know how to keep Caine safe from e-leaps

S.J.
May 19, 2008

lokipunk posted:

I dunno, my games into Cygnar mostly involve Hayley2 or Kara Sloan. Dark Host does little to mitigate quality eyeless sight guns. A pile of pirates blocks denny1 real well. Dark Host seems to scare off Stryker1 and really jack heavy variants. Its still a game and I lose more Cygnar matchups than I win. No one locally runs Caine3 though.

Any Cryx players sitting on some sweet anti-Grymkin tech? Im getting in regular games against them and they really have RFP coming out of their ears. Ghost Fleet is tough because their casters are so slippy and they can just remove my pirates so trivially. Ive been running Gaspy2 in Host with the 30 infantry build but it is also quite rfp weak. I tried Skaare1 double engine but it kind of caved on a hairbrained assassin run. I picked up another cav so I was thinking coven double cav or perhaps Gaspy3.

Caine can fairly easily clear a lane to Denny without much help, and he has Mage Sight. It's not great for her. She doesn't like RAT 9 fully boosted POW 15s to the face. The Gun Mage theme is hilarious against ghost fleet though. They don't like marshal'd Cyclones.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

Caine can fairly easily clear a lane to Denny without much help, and he has Mage Sight. It's not great for her. She doesn't like RAT 9 fully boosted POW 15s to the face. The Gun Mage theme is hilarious against ghost fleet though. They don't like marshal'd Cyclones.

Gunmage theme is terrifying. I keep telling locals that and they won't even try it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

lokipunk posted:

Gunmage theme is terrifying. I keep telling locals that and they won't even try it.

You can easily run that theme for any and every Cryx drop, any other random infantry drop you might conceivably see, and then H2/H3/S2/S3/literally whatever you feel comfortable with as your primary list and be fine.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm going to a tournament in September. Someone tell me my lists are bad.

quote:

War Room Army

Cryx - tournament 1:dark host

Theme: Dark Host
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Goreshade the Cursed - WJ: +28
- Kraken - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Nightwretch - PC: 7
- Nightwretch - PC: 7

Bane Lord Tartarus - PC: 0
Necrotech - PC: 2

Bane Warriors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Bane Warrior Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0
Bane Riders - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Bane Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15

THEME: Dark Host

quote:

Cryx - tournament 2:machines

Theme: Infernal Machines
1 / 1 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast - WJ: +26
- Nightwretch - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Nightwretch - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Slayer - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Slayer - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Slayer - PC: 10
- Inflictor - PC: 13
- Inflictor - PC: 13

Hellslinger Phantom - PC: 7
Scrap Thrall - 3 Scrap Thrall: 2
Pistol Wraith - PC: 0
Machine Wraith - PC: 2
Soul Trapper - PC: 1

Mechanithralls - Leader & 9 Grunts: 9
Mechanithralls - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls - Necrosurgeon & 3 Grunts: 4

THEME: Infernal Machines

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Saalkin posted:

I'm going to a tournament in September. Someone tell me my lists are bad.

What is shade2 saccing for his feat? Knights into riders and warriors? What is the Skarre list accomplishing?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

What is shade2 saccing for his feat? Knights into riders and warriors? What is the Skarre list accomplishing?

I've only played the list twice, once I never feated and never needed to because it was a landslide. The other I feated warriors into riders. They were models I'd mini feated back anyways.

I think the whole game plan with that feat is to just sure up the side that is losing. His feat does kinda suck in dark host.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Saalkin posted:

I've only played the list twice, once I never feated and never needed to because it was a landslide. The other I feated warriors into riders. They were models I'd mini feated back anyways.

I think the whole game plan with that feat is to just sure up the side that is losing. His feat does kinda suck in dark host.

Just remember that Bane Warriors who get RFP'd from your feat cannot be mini-feated back onto the table.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

S.J. posted:

Just remember that Bane Warriors who get RFP'd from your feat cannot be mini-feated back onto the table.

True dat. That's why you mini feat then normal feat. It's like you mini feated the riders back!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sorry for the low-content post, but still looking to shift a second unit of Piggybacks for $30. Apparently my first batch made it all the way to Paris, France, hope they took French in high school :toot:

Still working on my Gyrmkin stuff, assembly is taking a hell of a long time but pretty excited. Not sure I'm going to be able to take them to WMW this year though, I'm hopeful for an upcoming postdoc that might keep me very busy this fall. WMW 2018 maybe?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Sorry for the low-content post, but still looking to shift a second unit of Piggybacks for $30. Apparently my first batch made it all the way to Paris, France, hope they took French in high school :toot:

Still working on my Gyrmkin stuff, assembly is taking a hell of a long time but pretty excited. Not sure I'm going to be able to take them to WMW this year though, I'm hopeful for an upcoming postdoc that might keep me very busy this fall. WMW 2018 maybe?

They won't need to speak for what they are supposed to do. :black101:
^Endorsing this goon as a cool and good seller.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone here have any experience running Halb spam with Elara 2? I'd like to run her in theme, but I'm not sure if a AFG is better than a third unit of Halbs.

Right now I'm looking at something like this:

Elara
+Fane Guardian
+Banshee
+Sphinx

AFG

Skeryth

2x Thane

Halbs
+UA
+Soulless

Halbs
+UA
+Soulless

Stormfall Archers

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has anyone noticed a drops off in how good PP's quality control is? I just got a massive lot of NIB kits from ebay. Four boxes of infantry were included. In them:

* Mage Hunter Strike Force was missing a body.
* Ellowuyr Swordsmen had an incorrect sword which won't line up with the body at all.
* Ryssovass Defenders had an incorrect lower torso, which of course won't line up with the top and arm I was given.

I'm not trying to bitch too much about figs that I got cheap, but your QC has to be better than that. Worse still is all of them came from the same QC lot (305), meaning someone just totally missed the boat.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I was impressed with the stuff they were coming out with once they started making the shift towards more plastic and resin, but I also just got a box of Ryssovass Defenders and they're a fuckin mess. Really cool sculpts but awful mold lines, and the swords are cast terribly; You've basically got to carve the details of the hilt out yourself from a giant nasty sprue.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
In my experience the softer resin stuff they tend to make infantry out of or the battle boxes can be really hit or miss on casting quality and tricky to clean up. The more opaque, lighter colored resin they use for big stuff like colossals and some mixed resin/metal kits tends to be better if somewhat brittle/crumbly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Anyone have advise on assembling Maxwell Finn? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how I'm to get his arms properly in alignment. How the gently caress do you get those three points of contact right?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

fadam posted:

Does anyone here have any experience running Halb spam with Elara 2? I'd like to run her in theme, but I'm not sure if a AFG is better than a third unit of Halbs.

My experience with the list is that the third Halb unit can be pretty back-breaking but it makes the list a lot more binary. It'll turn a slightly favored matchup into a blowout in your favor but it reduces the lists ability to play into the whole field. I like the AFG list because you are generally using the third unit as a second wave anyways and the AFG gives you a lot of board control and makes your assassination significantly scarier. Also gives Elara a nice fat unchargeable base to hide behind if terrain isn't favorable. That being said, if you already have a good all-comers list and want a hard infantry skew to just blow out some matchups, the triple halb list is definitely solid. Infantry hate is coming back though, so dunno how tournament viable it will be in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AttackBacon posted:

My experience with the list is that the third Halb unit can be pretty back-breaking but it makes the list a lot more binary. It'll turn a slightly favored matchup into a blowout in your favor but it reduces the lists ability to play into the whole field. I like the AFG list because you are generally using the third unit as a second wave anyways and the AFG gives you a lot of board control and makes your assassination significantly scarier. Also gives Elara a nice fat unchargeable base to hide behind if terrain isn't favorable. That being said, if you already have a good all-comers list and want a hard infantry skew to just blow out some matchups, the triple halb list is definitely solid. Infantry hate is coming back though, so dunno how tournament viable it will be in the long run.

Thanks a lot dude. I'll proxy both this Sunday.