Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Well now I regret asking, the theory I imagined was far better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been watching the Killian experience and I just watched his fallout 4 video where he went on a game theorists parody and came up with the insane theory that fallout 4 is set in Boston
Killian Experience going on his "that's just a theorizing, a game theorizing" thing is a treasure and also made me never want to watch any game theory.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I control-fed that list for the segment where he berated his audience for not picking "How to Pick up Chicks thru Dating Sims" instead of "What the hell a Creeper from Minecraft even is" OR the GTA5 video ending where he goes on a Blue Lives Matter tirade on how civilians are racists against cops because of the recent black folk murders and GTA5 footage so that list is completely useless.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Max Wilco posted:

He called you arrogant and pretentious for not liking Game Theory?

To me, this is a face that exemplifies true arrogant pretentiousness.

Yeah I don't get it either. :shrug:

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah I don't get it either. :shrug:

I guess by "you sound arrogant and pretentious" they mean "You have some actual taste and we don't know how to feel about that."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

Hang on I thought this was a list of bad things

The odd thing is that they seem to find it more offensive than gifting Undertale to the Pope. In fact, they're more offended by the claims he makes related to giving the Pope a steam code, rather than the act itself.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I have never been able to watch Game Theory videos even if I wanted to, because that dude has critical levels of Affected Nerd Public Speaking Voice

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

game theory loving blows

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Game Theory blows hard but holy gently caress that blog is the worst thing I've read in ages. That dude's so fuckin mad the internet man was mean to Mario it rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

quote:

Yeah, let’s just ignore the fact that everything from the very first game onward makes it abundantly clear that he’s wrong, up to and including the original Robot Masters and the ones in MM9 being benevolent creations of Dr. Light that were stolen and reprogrammed to be evil by Wily, and the ones in MM6 being made by others who got tricked by Wily into making evil cohorts for him, that one line and other things MatPat has pulled out of his rear end PROVE that the true villain of the Mega Man franchise is Mega Man himself!

quote:

He also claimed someone made a petition to get him kicked off the internet for slandering Mario, when really it was a petition to force him to admit that he’s wrong about Mario,

this guy fucks

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 29, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this video is good

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

this guy fucks

Quite the opposite I'd think.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I admit at the start Game Theory was a guilty pleasure of mine simply because its fun to think of random theories on games. Then Five Nights At Freddies came out and the guy rode that to the ground. And now its like half the poo poo he talks about isn't even game related. Mattpatt's secret project? A multitude of pewdiepie vids? Lost in Japan, fidget spinners? What do any of those have to do with the vidya?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The worst videos are the one where he takes half an hour to explain something super obvious as if it was a mind-blowing secret.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I honestly enjoy watching Markiplier push through the FNAF franchise and the fan spinoffs, but I admit that the fanbase and the obsession surrounding the games is embarrassing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MonsieurChoc posted:

The worst videos are the one where he takes half an hour to explain something super obvious as if it was a mind-blowing secret.

The video where Hbomb mimicked him and then took a moment to just huff his own farts in ecstacy was a bullseye.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

The video where Hbomb mimicked him and then took a moment to just huff his own farts in ecstacy was a bullseye.

Which one is this?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The Lisa one that was just released today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5_zoEsY6c

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dragonatrix posted:

The Lisa one that was just released today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5_zoEsY6c

Oh, I started watching it and then stopped when he said it might utterly ruin the series for me. I have to decided whether I want to play the games or not. Thought it might be an older one. :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arcsquad12 posted:

I honestly enjoy watching Markiplier push through the FNAF franchise and the fan spinoffs, but I admit that the fanbase and the obsession surrounding the games is embarrassing.

Yea, he usually gets a pass on this for being one of the dudes at the start of the trend who genuinely were into it and wanted to help it do well. Plus he's one of the few 'facecam, scream, funny voice' LPers who I can actually enjoy just because at least he has the basic comedic timing to save the whole "AAAAAAH I'M SO SCARED I'M GONNA poo poo MYSELF" thing for, ya know, when something actually jumps out and goes 'booga booga' instead of just whenever a shadow moves.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which one is this?

His Undertale/Fandom video. The bit starts at 1:40 and the huffing is at like 2:20ish

https://youtu.be/4E-0sjkDnkc

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 29, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which one is this?

https://twitter.com/gametheoryrejct/status/770989189303300096?lang=en

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea, he usually gets a pass on this for being one of the dudes at the start of the trend who genuinely were into it and wanted to help it do well. Plus he's one of the few 'facecam, scream, funny voice' LPers who I can actually enjoy just because at least he has the basic comedic timing to save the whole "AAAAAAH I'M SO SCARED I'M GONNA poo poo MYSELF" thing for, ya know, when something actually jumps out and goes 'booga booga' instead of just whenever a shadow moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7BEXC3hnM

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

His Undertale/Fandom video. The bit starts at 1:40 and the huffing is at like 2:20ish

https://youtu.be/4E-0sjkDnkc

Oh, I actually watched this one and forgot. I guess I'm getting old. :corsair:

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Jenny Nicholson posted a video talking about some of the lesser creepypastas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAN_IPwK1K8

The only one she mentions that I've actually read is the Russian Sleep Experiment and I only have vague memories of that. The Disney one seems like a desperate attempt to hop on the FNAF bandwagon.

Does anyone have any really good creepypastas or just general spooky internet stories that they could recommend to me?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Conal Cochran posted:

Does anyone have any really good creepypastas or just general spooky internet stories that they could recommend to me?

Most of the "big" ones are horrible for obvious reasons, but there's been a bunch of pretty neat ones I've read here and there on /x/ before, no specific names I can remember, but there's been some pretty spooky ones about skinwalkers.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

I actually watched a few Markiplier videos a couple of months back. I think it was his Ao Oni series. Strangely, I enjoyed it.

I think what puts him over PewDiePie and others facecam LP...whatever you call 'em...is that the dude's got a lot of charisma. I remember he did the voice-over for the Did You Know Gaming episode on Team Fortress 2 and he's got a pretty good speaking voice.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Max Wilco posted:

I actually watched a few Markiplier videos a couple of months back. I think it was his Ao Oni series. Strangely, I enjoyed it.

I think what puts him over PewDiePie and others facecam LP...whatever you call 'em...is that the dude's got a lot of charisma. I remember he did the voice-over for the Did You Know Gaming episode on Team Fortress 2 and he's got a pretty good speaking voice.

It might be a really good act, but he gives me the sense of being a really genuine person, which helps.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it bites him on the rear end at times like that video slowbeef was making fun of, he was the dude being all 'we need to respect each other, and respect means maybe don't yell at a guy for being a nazi because that's just as mean as him being a nazi' but he apparently does a lot of charity streams and junk and seems to genuinely try to just play games he likes rather than chase trends.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Well, this is something I'm I bit surprised to see. I haven't watched it yet, but there's a new video from Cinemassacre (with Mike and Ryan, no James unfortunately) talking about monetization affecting game design.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea it bites him on the rear end at times like that video slowbeef was making fun of, he was the dude being all 'we need to respect each other, and respect means maybe don't yell at a guy for being a nazi because that's just as mean as him being a nazi' but he apparently does a lot of charity streams and junk and seems to genuinely try to just play games he likes rather than chase trends.

Yeah I honestly don't know where mark was going with that. I think mark is a good guy too, but him trying to do a respect thing to defend a guy who paid a bunch of really poor people to write something antisemitic was reallllly not a good move. Like at all. I know he says "I'm not saying I accept or condone what pewdiepie did" but dude... It really looks like you're trying to defend the guy for doing it. There are some things, even (hell, ESPECIALLY) for friends, that you should not try and defend.

So speaking of the theorists, is pokemon big again? 3 of the last 10 videos on there are pokemon related. And a pewdiepie video. Why? Why does the channel have 7 videos explicitly about the swedish let's player?

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Leal posted:

Yeah I honestly don't know where mark was going with that. I think mark is a good guy too, but him trying to do a respect thing to defend a guy who paid a bunch of really poor people to write something antisemitic was reallllly not a good move. Like at all. I know he says "I'm not saying I accept or condone what pewdiepie did" but dude... It really looks like you're trying to defend the guy for doing it. There are some things, even (hell, ESPECIALLY) for friends, that you should not try and defend.

So speaking of the theorists, is pokemon big again? 3 of the last 10 videos on there are pokemon related. And a pewdiepie video. Why? Why does the channel have 7 videos explicitly about the swedish let's player?

For many youTubers the whole thing with Felix became not about anything that Felix did, but about circling the wagons against the sinister and jealous Mainstream Media because the only reason the Wall Street journal would possibly write about an incredibly wealthy performer on one of the largest media platforms in human history is because they're super jelly of all the YouTubers who, like, got around their gatekeeping maaaaaaaaaan and they're just trying to destroy him because so jelly and they know they're all dying and YouTubers are going to replace everything, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Also high tier YTers feel a tremendous sense of obligation to one another because deep inside they know they won a lottery of mutual reenforcement by being lucky while standing in the right place at the right time, and looking at crap like SMOSH it's become very, very clear that there is no egress. Lifestyle YouTube, especially game LP YouTube, doesn't go anywhere. This is it for them. That creates a lot of anxiety whenever something takes them seriously as a corporate institution and calls attention to the fact that they're in a stifling, one-note career and not a hobby that happens to pay.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Leal posted:

Did anyone bring up the "just turn off the game" defense yet

I CAN'T THE LOADING ICON IS ON THE SCREEN AND EVERY GAME HAS TOLD ME WHEN I SEE THIS ICON DON'T TURN OFF THE CONSOLE! ARE YOU MAD!?!??!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

lornekates posted:

I CAN'T THE LOADING ICON IS ON THE SCREEN AND EVERY GAME HAS TOLD ME WHEN I SEE THIS ICON DON'T TURN OFF THE CONSOLE! ARE YOU MAD!?!??!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Max Wilco posted:

I mean, he is the leader of the cool patrol.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Leal posted:

Pokemon Go rocketed the games back into the publics mind

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Conal Cochran posted:

Jenny Nicholson posted a video talking about some of the lesser creepypastas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAN_IPwK1K8

The only one she mentions that I've actually read is the Russian Sleep Experiment and I only have vague memories of that. The Disney one seems like a desperate attempt to hop on the FNAF bandwagon.

I remembered stumbling on the Disney one ages ago, so pretty sure it predated FNAF.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Photonegative skeletons

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Leal posted:

Pokemon Go recently had a couple significant updates, as well as a Niantic putting on a hilarious disaster of a convention that made talking about it clickworthy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Bee posted:

I remembered stumbling on the Disney one ages ago, so pretty sure it predated FNAF.

Yeah, the Abandoned by Disney creepypasta is really old.

• Locked thread