Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Our group of ex-CoD guys (Hackan Slash, closer, Bionic Colon, I'm a Doctor IRL) just chicken dinnered TWICE in a ROW in squads.

I used to play CoD with you guys on Xbox 360. Do you guys play on the Discord in the OP? My XBL name is OnDeathsTrail but I play as Shotgoon on most PC stuff.

Drunk Pledge Driver fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Why would you have a gigantic map and make the spawn rate for 4x and 8x scopes (which are basically necessary for interplay on a map that size) utter poo poo

Also why in the blue unholy gently caress are there 4 pistols and 3 different pistol magazines when pistols are used for under a min and magazines are completely irrelevant

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Hot Diggity! posted:

Killing dudes who have crate weapons is a lot of fun

Nothing quite like getting the drop on someone with a shotgun and finding a tommy gun on his corpse. :getin:

I also approve of the new thread title.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Unoriginal Name posted:

Why would you have a gigantic map and make the spawn rate for 4x and 8x scopes (which are basically necessary for interplay on a map that size) utter poo poo

Also why in the blue unholy gently caress are there 4 pistols and 3 different pistol magazines when pistols are used for under a min and magazines are completely irrelevant

Because if everyone always had scopes like that the game would just turn into constant distance battles and sniper fights?

And I've done the squad two in a row chicken dinner thing exactly once. Now I've gotten three chicken dinners in a 24 hour period a few times, but I have my highs and lows where I don't chicken dinner for like a week.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

I used to play CoD with you guys on Xbox 360. Do you guys play on the Discord in the OP? My XBL name is OnDeathsTrail but I play as Shotgoon on most PC stuff.

ODT! I remember you, wow, way back. No we have our own discord but I think Bionic bounces back and forth.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

DrNutt posted:

Hmm yes catering to a small fickle minority of your player base who will eventually ditch your game to glom on to the next hot game to stream is a good thing. Checks out.

Getting nerds to jump to the next hot game is very very good for business because then they are used to spending all the time

See: cod, assassin's creed, battlefield, every other yearly game

Gta and bethesda games make a poo poo tonne and are very very good sure but why make a load of money every 5 years when you can make it every year. Encouraging players to jump to the next hot game is excellent for business

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Just got my first chicken dinner. I had found a sickle and a motorcycle helmet before upgrading to an UMP what felt about 15 minutes in. Also I punched a guy to death ftw :hellyeah:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If you dont get streaming, consider that millenials and kids dont watch tv any more and when they do they stream it off the internet and an hour show is actually an hour, not an hour of show and 45 minutes of ads

All that free time gotta go somewhere and that somewhere is youtube and twitch

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

cosmicjim posted:

How would you make the VSS better without making it too powerful? More damage? Less Drop off? Adjustable or replaceable scopes? Just make it more available? Other?

Have it ignore armor, which is basically the IRL use for the 9x39 round.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Shima Honnou posted:

well it uses just regular 9mm in the game

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

well it uses just regular 9mm in the game

Which is super lame and why it sucks rear end. It's supposed to be a high velocity round but instead it hits worse than an SMG.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shima Honnou posted:

They could try doing something like making it run off of 7.62 and up it's damage but keep its trajectory the same.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 29, 2017

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Had some good games with WBG, Bobzor and Linstar. Chicken dinnered AND killed 28 people as a team. Feels good man.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://streamable.com/loipl

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

ODT! I remember you, wow, way back. No we have our own discord but I think Bionic bounces back and forth.

I'm ROBOBALBOA, cum play in my discord m'lord.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Taffer posted:

Which is super lame and why it sucks rear end. It's supposed to be a high velocity round but instead it hits worse than an SMG.

It's not, not really. 9x39 is basically the speed and weight of .45 ACP but with armor penetration. Also UMP/VSS are almost identical in terms of damage and since they hosed over the Vector's damage they'd have to use the 1911 as the baseline damage to emulate.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Oh man

https://youtu.be/DxYkATiT0Bg

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

lol what a massive dumb baby, doesn't even realize he was shot by someone else because he's not invisible.

The fact that he Zapruders the footage for like 20 minutes is just icing on the cake.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

lol what a massive dumb baby, doesn't even realize he was shot by someone else because he's not invisible.

The fact that he Zapruders the footage for like 20 minutes is just icing on the cake.

This seems topical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6lCYU1cfQ

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

cosmicjim posted:

How would you make the VSS better without making it too powerful? More damage? Less Drop off? Adjustable or replaceable scopes? Just make it more available? Other?

Use the pistol mags for ammo, and have it place in slot 3 as opposed to 1 & 2.

Pistols and pistol mags are everywhere and then some, quickdraw at least is obscenely easy to find. And if the spawn rate for the VSS is really as lovely as it's been for me, then being a superscope pistol and having easy access to mag accessories is a reasonable balance.

But to clarify, leave it in the sniper spawn pool.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Literally all he needs to do is put a three minute delay on his stream and he will never get stream sniped again. Deal with it like everyone else.

Also buy better headphones.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

succ posted:

Literally all he needs to do is put a three minute delay on his stream and he will never get stream sniped again. Deal with it like everyone else.

Also buy better headphones.

The best answer is to ban the guy that killed him. Obviously.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Mistle posted:

Use the pistol mags for ammo, and have it place in slot 3 as opposed to 1 & 2.

How do you miss the "without making it too powerful" mark this badly?

It would make it's downside of a long reload time and small ammo pool so easy to overcome that it would be pointless having those downside in the first place.

The VSS is probably the only non-crate gun in the game that makes a quickdraw worth picking up because of it's incredibly low damage, ammo pool, and high reload, and is probably has it's viability affected the most by an extended/ex-quickdraw(maybe the vector ties with it?), which makes use of the rarer SR mags a good thing.

And letting people run around with a third very strong weapon would be OP as hell, especially considering the built in perks it has(4x, suppressed), maybe the case could be made for something like the vector or uzi(if they couldn't have upgrades while in that slot) but even then that would likely be pushing it too far.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

cosmicjim posted:

A bit more damage, maybe make sniper mags a bit more common and pistol mags a bit less, bam done.

A 20% damage bump would take it from 35 damage to 42, which would just bring it to 1-shot territory on an unarmored headshot while still taking 3 unarmored body shots.

It should have some limitations in exchange for coming suppressed and taking a common ammo type, and the projectile speed combined with the inability to put an 8x on or adjust the zero distance achieve that well, I think, but it should not be strictly worse than a silenced UMP (which it currently is).

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Well I couldn't watch more that a couple of minutes of that. That stupid look on his face when he gets hit.....

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Ah, finally got my second delicious duo dinner. Only got 2 kills but my buddy - who just bought the game yesterday - got 9. Welp. Guess he's good at shoot mans games.
Heck, I was more proud of a game where he died early and then I picked up 4 Uzi kills.
This game still owns.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pochinki for life

Serverny for life

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Grimmmz is an idiot nerd but you also went all CSI Miami to find out who popped a tire on a car full of dudes that we were trying to murder. It was me, I regret nothing.

He's worse though because he kept it up for ages trying to find proof that the guy he was looking at was totally cheating when he got bootyblasted by someone else entirely.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Grimmz going full paranoid co spinach theorist about every time he gets killed and the community turning against him is just the funniest loving thing. Dude needs to turn the game off and go for a drat walk.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Clip of player brutally mulching up snipers with a hammer.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterBovineCobraImGlitch

It's actually grimmz bragging about getting stream snipers banned.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Some dude on Reddit posted:

Grimmmz is just an unironic version of Dr disrespects persona

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
So yesterday during a match, the final circle failed to appear. I was standing in a small circle on the southern edge of the map with 2 guys below me for a good 5-7 minutes just waiting for something to happen. So I made it happen instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9FlVHStSw

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Watched the intro, saw him get shot from the right, got really confused at his confused face and sudden talk of the guy in front cheating.
For someone who plays the game as much as he does you would think he'd learn where shots comes from.

Edit: lol he refuses to listen to the chat talking about being shot from the right.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

cosmicjim posted:

Clip of player brutally mulching up snipers with a hammer.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterBovineCobraImGlitch

It's actually grimmz bragging about getting stream snipers banned.
Beaglerush was 100% right. Then again, I suppose Grimmz is a literal child so him acting like a whiney baby isn't that shocking.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Peak Grimmmz from earlier today
https://clips.twitch.tv/ScarySpinelessSoybeanTheTarFu

Never takes ownership over the fact he stood up for no reason. If he cared about improving he would realize that his shots not registering (if that even happened) is meaningless when he wastes over 5 bullets before getting on target Likewise, getting killed in 3 shots due to a bug doesn't mean poo poo when an AK can kill in 2 through a lvl3 helm. Bugs or not he could have learned a lesson here, instead he had a teary.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Sparticle posted:

Peak Grimmmz from earlier today
https://clips.twitch.tv/ScarySpinelessSoybeanTheTarFu

Never takes ownership over the fact he stood up for no reason. If he cared about improving he would realize that his shots not registering (if that even happened) is meaningless when he wastes over 5 bullets before getting on target Likewise, getting killed in 3 shots due to a bug doesn't mean poo poo when an AK can kill in 2 through a lvl3 helm. Bugs or not he could have learned a lesson here, instead he had a teary.

Watch from 10 seconds on at quarter speed, loving lol at Grimmz saying he "hit every shot"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Yep, Grimmz was fun a while ago. Chocotaco is simply a better player and far more chill, so I watch him now.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
The sad thing about Grimmz, other than his facecam taking up 1/4 of the screen, is that he was chill at first and died just as often.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

lol

http://plays.tv/video/597cb2f8b8888ab080/this-isnt-the-chicken-i-wanted-

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

PU should work on vehicle physics instead of policing twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
one time i tboned a guy and it didnt do any damage to him at all except from his car flipping. tihs is dumb and i hate it

• Locked thread