Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Get his grandad a medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

HMS Beagle posted:

Does this mean it's okay if I punch him?

I'd be careful about that. As his posts indicate, he's as dense reactor shielding.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
captain cuck weighing in from his ivory tower and his narcissistic demonstrations that appeal to no-one but college kids and middle-to-upper-class academics

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'd be careful about that. As his posts indicate, he's as dense reactor shielding.
Aye aye, slow and steady it is.

deadgoon posted:

antifa are really just the KKK of the left, a nominally illegal terrorist organization that is nevertheless implicitly sanctioned by the sympathetic among the authorities and the public
patiently strangling you while taking care to keep you barely conscious until you have accepted your fate and earnestly believe it to be just.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the freedom offered by anarchists is the exact same freedom offered by 4chan and challenges the status quo exactly as much and in exactly the same way

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Hopefully some good citizens show up and unite Spencer and friends with some rights, and some lefts.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 16:57 on Jul 29, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Office Pig posted:

i choose to believe this is real because it obviously is

Kurtofan posted:

i hope this is true lol

It's not

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

eatenmyeyes posted:

patiently strangling you while taking care to keep you barely conscious until you have accepted your fate and earnestly believe it to be just.

are u... are u FLIRTING with me???

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Please less arguing with deadgoon's blatant trolling and more posting of funny Kek idiots drinking milk.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-SiZSlmhI

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So uhh... 2017 y'all!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

this is what i imagine when i imagine antifa, anarchists, the anti-authoritarian left in general

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'll take the screamo anarchist music over fashwave IMO

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also 99 percent of retrowave is garbage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

captain cuck weighing in from his ivory tower and his narcissistic demonstrations that appeal to no-one but college kids and middle-to-upper-class academics

yer just mad the anarchists are both having the most fun and getting the most done lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"ohh retrowave is ... aesthetic." *sniffs own farts*

wtf does an "aesthetic" say about anything you mindless loving zombies.

like say what you will about the tenets of anarcho-screamism but at least "i'll bash your face in" is a message with some emotion behind it.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

yer just mad the anarchists are both having the most fun and getting the most done lol

would u describe urself as a progressive who likes to have fun and get things done

is the fun the element that hillary was lacking

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

would u describe urself as a progressive who likes to have fun and get things done

is the fun the element that hillary was lacking

im no progressive i want 2 see the end of things like agriculture and modern medicine and plumbing

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

"ohh retrowave is ... aesthetic." *sniffs own farts*

wtf does an "aesthetic" say about anything you mindless loving zombies.

like say what you will about the tenets of anarcho-screamism but at least "i'll bash your face in" is a message with some emotion behind it.

Retrowave was cool for like 4 months in 2013.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

im no progressive i want 2 see the end of things like agriculture and modern medicine and plumbing

Shitpits for all!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Al! posted:

Truly the only ideology more spiteful than accelerationism.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Anyway I think the reason fashies like "aesthetic" stuff so much, even before fashwave was a thing, is that aesthetics have always been a huge factor in fascism. They want aesthetics to be ultimate signifiers instead of empty signifiers like they are in the pomo paradigm.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anyway I think the reason fashies like "aesthetic" stuff so much, even before fashwave was a thing, is that aesthetics have always been a huge factor in fascism. They want aesthetics to be ultimate signifiers instead of empty signifiers like they are in the pomo paradigm.

The easiest to understand example of this is how they want races that look different to be different.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

But also stuff like the obsession with beauty. It's why in fantasy (which is almost always fascist) the good guys are handsome and white and the bad guys are ugly and either black-coded orcs or just covered in literal blackness.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is deadgoon a baloogan parachute?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

i agree totally. that's also why italo-disco is the better '80s renewal music for it embraces its fundamental emptiness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrWpZpfcUQ

jeb approved

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is deadgoon a baloogan parachute?

BALOOGAN GOT BANNED!?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Speaking of Fash... Meet R.A.M.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0v5Z5Z7Fs

"The Rise Above Movement is a front-line organization dedicated to the protection of conservative thought and rights of assembly. We have been involved at the events in Huntington Beach, Berkeley, San Bernardino and others. Every time stepped up in the defense of patriotic Americans from left wing thugs. No other group has chased out antifa and reclaimed free speech like us"

Every new political group has to have cringy as gently caress training/recruitment video.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

BALOOGAN GOT BANNED!?

perma probed

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0v5Z5Z7Fs

"The Rise Above Movement is a front-line organization dedicated to the protection of conservative thought and rights of assembly. We have been involved at the events in Huntington Beach, Berkeley, San Bernardino and others. Every time stepped up in the defense of patriotic Americans from left wing thugs. No other group has chased out antifa and reclaimed free speech like us"

Every new political group has to have cringy as gently caress training/recruitment video.

The irony of these guys calling anyone thugs is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

What the gently caress

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
check out the leper colony some time jeb!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The easiest to understand example of this is how they want races that look different to be different.

looking different is being different. what's important is how race is defined, and what they want is a strict separation of race defined by how people look. granting that people who share the same broad phenotypical traits are of the same race means you're already playing into that paradigm.

that's not to say that you "shouldn't see race", but that the progressive agenda is to overcome that reactionary racial construct as a society.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

looking different is being different. what's important is how race is defined, and what they want is a strict separation of race defined by how people look. granting that people who share the same broad phenotypical traits are of the same race means you're already playing into that paradigm.

that's not to say that you "shouldn't see race", but that the progressive agenda is to overcome that reactionary racial construct as a society.

I'm rolling my eyes at you because I thought it was obvious I meant they want people who look different to have different inherent qualities like intelligence.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

These are people who have such debates as "Are Italians white?" and "Is it OK if I breed with an Asian?"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

These are people who have such debates as "Are Italians white?" and "Is it OK if I breed with an Asian?"

If whites didn't breed with Asians we wouldn't have Filthy Frank. So it's a complicated issue.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

I think this crypto-Nazi stuff is probably gonna supplant the sieg heiling, Richard Spencer brand on the extreme right if it isn't in the process of doing it already.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

The understanding of anarchism in this thread is real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Aesthetic also requires zero actual commitment or lifestyle change in comparison to any deeper form of ideology or value. If, like fascists, what you're really looking for is a cheap, easy way of feeling better about yourself and your place in society, then aesthetics are a great thing to focus on because you can be lazy and navel-gazing as poo poo and still commit to the cause.