Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Taffer posted:

Definitely bullet drop imo. The real vss does not use standard 9mm rounds, instead using the same ammunition as the real groza. It has a 300m/s muzzle velocity and 400m range. In PUBG at 400m the round has probably dropped 20m, it's ridiculous. In the game I'm pretty sure the loving ump has less bullet drop.

Should there be a fourth bullet type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fauxshiz posted:

PU should work on vehicle physics instead of policing twitter.

Videos of the wacky vehicle physics are one of the reasons the game got as popular as it is and should never be changed.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What really bothers me about this game

Like take grimmmz and then multiply it by 1.5

Is that driving a car over a buggy doesn't take the guy in the back of the buggies head off 😡

Fauxshiz posted:

PU should work on vehicle physics instead of policing twitter.

Yes they should revert it back to whatever it first was

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I like the total heel turn for Grimmz where he goes from cool and good at pubg with lots of neat GIFS and clips to being a whiny baby who can't handle the fact that maybe someone is gonna look at his stream when they see him in the killfeed.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao at grimmz. 20 minutes spent talking about lag switching and single shot macros and the dumbass doesn't even consider there's just a person he doesn't see?

'i need to send this in'

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
this grimmz guy is bad but reddit is ...also...bad.....

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

one time i tboned a guy and it didnt do any damage to him at all except from his car flipping. tihs is dumb and i hate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGxhs8GWD64

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Should there be a fourth bullet type

Weapon performance is tied to gun not bullet.

Alternatively, make Nagant revolver and AKM do as much damage as Kar98.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The 45 needs more love IMHO. Make the Tommy a rare spawn instead of crate only.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

How early access-y is this game? It looks kinda fun but I'm pretty wary of early access jank.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bold Robot posted:

How early access-y is this game? It looks kinda fun but I'm pretty wary of early access jank.

if you have a high-end computer and deliberately avoid hiting other cars with your car it's very playable, though there are still some performance issues

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Bold Robot posted:

Less than Arma more than counter strike. I'd put the jank level around Ghost Recons Wildlands, the core is very good but there are definitely some lovely bits. And occasionally the lovely bits are hilarious.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
have you played counter strike or ghost recon wildlands?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

they should port the mgsv control scheme to this game

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

have you played counter strike or ghost recon wildlands?

Negative, not a CS guy and heard wildlands was just okay.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

This game is extremely loving good and fun.
It is very solid for EA.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

The 45 needs more love IMHO. Make the Tommy a rare spawn instead of crate only.

The next map is desert themed, so maybe a Winchester m1886 lever action. I think those are 45.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I've been saying they need a .45 lever gun from day one.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

There is jank and some performance issues. But it's extremely fun as hell, would recommend

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Google Butt posted:

I've been saying they need a .45 lever gun from day one.
Oh poo poo yes.

Also more revolvers.

And a semi-auto tube-fed shotgun.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

.45 lever action would be fun, if it did at least as much dmg as Tommy gun, preferrably more! Then someone would maybe probably actually use guns which shoot .45

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

a desert? the game needs less open fields not more imo

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Grimmmz plays PUBG 12 hours a day 7 days a week, he's burnt out but also wants to keep those sweet sweet subs coming in.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dongicus posted:

What we need is a jungle map. Let us play 100-man Predator.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Dongicus posted:

Good news! It's a smaller map with more buildings to encourage urban fighting.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Taffer posted:

There is jank and some performance issues. But it's extremely fun as hell, would recommend

Cool, ended up getting it. Any tips for a new player?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

Cool, ended up getting it. Any tips for a new player?

Don't avoid fights. Drop at crazy places. Learn to deal with high intensity and practice shooting well. The rest will come in time.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

hell yes

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Nice

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
This game has somehow been getting more and more buggy the past few days. It started with the game never loading the main menu properly, I had to hit 'cancel' and 'reconnect' to get it to work. Now I have to do it like 15 times. There's been shitloads of server issues recently too. But the most annoying thing is the controller prompts that are still showing up even no controller is plugged in. I could live with those, except now when I die in squad games there is no button for spectating other players and it has also somehow disabled the default buttons (pgup and pgdn) for changing players. How the gently caress does having controller prompts enabled disable ONLY those buttons?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if you're new, do nothing but drop school until you are consistently the last one standing

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

This game has somehow been getting more and more buggy the past few days. It started with the game never loading the main menu properly, I had to hit 'cancel' and 'reconnect' to get it to work. Now I have to do it like 15 times. There's been shitloads of server issues recently too. But the most annoying thing is the controller prompts that are still showing up even no controller is plugged in. I could live with those, except now when I die in squad games there is no button for spectating other players and it has also somehow disabled the default buttons (pgup and pgdn) for changing players. How the gently caress does having controller prompts enabled disable ONLY those buttons?

A friend I play with has had the same spectator problem since this week's patch. He had to jump through some hoops to get his PS3 controller to work with his PC, so he doesn't want to remove all of that stuff, but now when he's the first to die in a Group game it's pretty brutal. Hopefully next week's patch will resolve most of this stuff (like the game no longer going to the 'READY' state, but going straight to 'MATCHING' and not being about to un-ready as a result without reloading the UI).

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Google Butt posted:

if you're new, do nothing but drop school until you are consistently the last one standing

Close quarters combat is probably one of the jankier parts of the game. School is usually a death trap as well; you're better off going to Pochinki or Rozhok both for more interesting fights and for better loot density.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Discospawn posted:

PS3 controller

Why would he do this to himself? Was he born without index fingers or something?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
third person shooters are generally fine to use controllers for, especially if it's what you're more comfortable with.

i mean, probably get a better controller than a ps3 one, but i don't think using controllers in a vacuum is a huge deal.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I have a 37 year old friend that just started playing this. His only previous shooter experience were cod and battlefield console games. He's using a mouse and doing well and understands why this is better than a controller.
Sure a controller person might be able to do "fine," but because of my job I've acquired a disdain for people that refuse to adapt for the better because they are afraid of change.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
feeling disdain for someone who uses a different input device to play On-Line Video Games is probably more an indicator of mental illness than a stance you should ardently defend, imo

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Precision is crazy important in this game

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

feeling disdain for someone who uses a different input device to play On-Line Video Games is probably more an indicator of mental illness than a stance you should ardently defend, imo

True and though I generally agree that controllers are better for third person games, this is a third person shooter so your buddy is going against people with a massive comparative advantage to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm not saying it's ideal, i'm just saying it's not gonna be like people playing quake 3 against pc players using dreamcast controllers, or something.

• Locked thread