Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

trem_two posted:

Galatasaray's sporting director said that they are in negotiations with Fellaini over personal terms, and that he's definitely leaving Man United this summer.

Please Allah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Playing in four competitions with a midfield composed of Old Man Carrick, Pogba, Herrera and...??? is going to be great.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

trem_two posted:

Galatasaray's sporting director said that they are in negotiations with Fellaini over personal terms, and that he's definitely leaving Man United this summer.

YESSSSS and I hope this means we are buying no less than two (2) midfielders this summer.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

sebzilla posted:

Playing in four competitions with a midfield composed of Old Man Carrick, Pogba, Herrera and...??? is going to be great.

Looks like you forgot about DRE Pereira. Carrick is basically finished also so lol. We need some serious new quality there.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He is a poo poo clogger but I can't dislike him. He strikes me as the type of player Mourinho likes to have around as a troll option so maybe he will stay

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
This Miami Clasico is actually good to watch

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

PirateBob posted:

This Miami Clasico is actually good to watch

Bale loving sucks the doping and injuries have caught up to him. I hope United buy him for too much money and Madrid get the Bap man

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Bale loving sucks the doping and injuries have caught up to him. I hope United buy him for too much money and Madrid get the Bap man

He looks almost finished. I hope we don't buy him but it would be a pretty post-SAF United thing to do.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The rumor now is that Neymar is waiting for Monday when he's due a 25m euro "loyalty bonus" from Barcelona. Would be hilarious if he pocketed the loyalty bonus and then went off to Paris

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20170728/silencio-neymar-prima-millones-6196379

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

The rumor now is that Neymar is waiting for Monday when he's due a 25m euro "loyalty bonus" from Barcelona. Would be hilarious if he pocketed the loyalty bonus and then went off to Paris

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20170728/silencio-neymar-prima-millones-6196379
Putting a loyalty bonus in a contract for before September 1st is monumentally stupid

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

It is

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maybe he gets another 25m euros on September 1

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's not really, players generally waiver the loyalty bonus if the lodge a transfer request. In this instance, it seems PSG have just forced Barca's arm with the offer and they are willing to take the hit.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

julian assflange posted:

It's not really, players generally waiver the loyalty bonus if the lodge a transfer request. In this instance, it seems PSG have just forced Barca's arm with the offer and they are willing to take the hit.
Isn't that exactly what a loyalty bonus is though? A payment they get if they don't hand in a transfer request. Is there other criteria used to define "loyalty".

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hoops posted:

Isn't that exactly what a loyalty bonus is though? A payment they get if they don't hand in a transfer request. Is there other criteria used to define "loyalty".

I meant to quote another post that said it was stupid to invoke the clause from September 1st

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
It's stupid for Barcelona to set up the contract so Neymar can earn his loyalty bonus and demand a transfer in the same window. Any sensible club would've made it so he gets his bonus when it is impossible for him to leave.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Redundant posted:

It's stupid for Barcelona to set up the contract so Neymar can earn his loyalty bonus and demand a transfer in the same window. Any sensible club would've made it so he gets his bonus when it is impossible for him to leave.
And any sensible agent would do the opposite I guess. Did he originally sign on 1 September? It might be as simple as an annual thing for each year of his contract.

Edit: nope, June 2013

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Matic to United looks like it's ready to be bolded

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Redundant posted:

With the level of dodgy poo poo involved in that transfer having a stupid date for the loyalty payment is pretty low down

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Well that's Matic to United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Good to see some good old loyalty bonus chat. There used to be a yearly saga about Arsenal paying loyalty bonuses to a player who had just forced their way out of the club.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I thought Mou hated Matic...Or was that Mata?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
£40m or even £50m for a limited DM, a 29 year old who has declined already according to Chelsea fans, a player who they have already replaced and no longer need? Ftw. Can hardly contain my excitement at this transfer. :D

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ayb posted:

Well that's Matic to United.

Broken link

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Conte realized that he had to sell him after he looked like he had been eating carbonara for 2 months in the FA Cup final

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I heard the bonus payment Neymar's waiting for before handing in a transfer request is a payment due to his agent

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I'm glad Matic finally went to Man United, as it means Juve won't pay €40m for him (or whatever the fee ended up to be)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Tsaedje posted:

I heard the bonus payment Neymar's waiting for before handing in a transfer request is a payment due to his agent

now that sounds more likely to be true

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
The spurs fans at the friendly against city were booing Kyle walker, are they mad that he left for £50m? seemed strange.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Matic behind Pogba + Herrera does look like a good midfield trio on paper though :thunk:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kiger_Soze posted:

The spurs fans at the friendly against city were booing Kyle walker, are they mad that he left for £50m? seemed strange.

Spurs later brought on a fullback called Kyle Walker-Peters, it was very confusing

It's not quite Collins John/John Collins or Moussa Dembele/Moussa Dembele confusing though

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Fortunately for Neymar his agent is his dad!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

straight up brolic posted:

Fortunately for Neymar his agent is a PO Box in the Caymans!

fixed that

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd love it if neymar got eaten by rabid dogs

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

I'd love it if neymar got eaten by rabid dogs

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Rack em :poolgirl:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Mourinho on Fellaini, "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me. No chance.":negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

PirateBob posted:

Matic behind Pogba + Herrera does look like a good midfield trio on paper though :thunk:

no good midfield trio includes matic

• Locked thread