Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You guys can't appreciate real beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

According to the Elite Skin, Blackbeard's beard is glued on. Care to comment, Hard?

Deltasquid posted:

Special forces are well-known for carrying hot pink heart-stamped guns and clown masks into battle. I don't think uncovering their faces is much of an issue at this stage.

undercover gsg juggalo infiltration is officially canon now :woop:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

tjones posted:

There are many other glitches and issues with the main gameplay they could instead spend time on. Or build us a Poland.

But naaaaa, let's add more gun skins for our new health drops, gently caress with the lighting yet again, and redesign valk one more time.

They didn't mess with Valk face just for the sake of messing with Valk's face, they redid the whole process on how faces are made so it would open up more possibilities for the long run.
Also the guys who are messing with faces are the ones fixing all the bugs in the game yes.

Total agree with you with the lighting though, they hosed it like your first day in prison.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Cup Runneth Over posted:

:( Why do the female soldiers have to be waifus? I didn't have a problem with her not being a model. Go to Twitch if you want your blow-up doll.

Too late.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The worst part of the Polish "leak" is that they had a sight on their pistol in another shot

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CJ posted:

Too late.

lol are these real

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CJ posted:

Too late.

I don't understand what I'm looking at.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

CJ posted:

Too late.

that's my wife

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my kinda ape posted:

that's my wife

That's my WIFE!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Should i spend the 25k renown i have on Hibana or Valkyrie or save up for the new waifus?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CJ posted:

Should i spend the 25k renown i have on Hibana or Valkyrie or save up for the new waifus?

Hibana and Valk are both great and will probably end up being better than any of the new ops. Probably.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if you like running and gunning w/ash you'll love hibana. you can use her anime gun like a mini thermite charge to open new pathways or you can cut an offensive mira window into their reinforcements

valk is cool too but imo to get the most out of her you really need to be comfortable on the mic and communicating with your team even if they're too retarded or lazy to learn the most basic of callout locations

you can also just use her shotgun to down someone and simply throw blackeyes at their face until it kills them because lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

*edit*

holy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BCXNoYK_HY

Basticle fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 29, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

my kinda ape posted:

that's my wife

No, THIS is a wife.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

my kinda ape posted:

that's my wife

That's my girlfriend

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Ularg posted:

No, THIS is a wife.

I've never played wifey spoony before :(

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Huh, do we know if those leaks are real?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/35KcPJs.gifv

Koramei posted:

They are very well done and some people were claiming they come from the same source that leaked info about Valkyrie and Blackbeard last year. I think they're real but I'm not so attached to them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

guess alpha packs are working because i've opened at least 69 so far and still no legendary which is when i plan on stopping to go back to unlocking map specific uniforms because i'm hundreds and hundreds of hours into this game

Koramei posted:

as DoctorStrangelove said, they're pretty high quality... but also because the accompanying bios are totally inline with everything we've seen so far from this incredibly diverse cast of characters. for example:

quote:

DAZZLER

Real Name Claudetta Wong
Organization 特別任務連
Position Defender
Nationality Chinese
Birthplace Kambia, Sierra Leone
Date of birth April 20, 1969
Height 5'5" (1.65M)
Weight 132lbs (60KG)

Armor Rating •
Speed Rating •••

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

That's the pic of the Polish op not the Hong-Kongolese

lol now I actually read the text you wrote.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The graphics update is looking amazing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

:allears: I love this community so much.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-2mPnIvAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4M4sv9Ygew

Its a Two For Saturday deal.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I wish I was up more often against dudes that happily shoot into your shield when I'm rolling as Monty or Blitz. Sometimes it feels like my shield is just for decoration while everybody accurately nails me in the gun arm or head. :arghfist::saddowns:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm the three french operators that speak perfect american english

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just got this from my third ever alpha pack!

Got two questions:

- When do dailies reset?

- I thought they were going to remove Renown rewards from Lone Wolf. Have they not done so yet or did they reverse their decision?

Also I'm surprised there aren't any Australian operators.

Azran fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 30, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Ularg posted:

:allears: I love this community so much.

But I thought the narrative was that every single player is a racist troll?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Azran posted:

I just got this from my third ever alpha pack!

Got two questions:

- When do dailies reset?

- I thought they were going to remove Renown rewards from Lone Wolf. Have they not done so yet or did they reverse their decision?

Also I'm surprised there aren't any Australian operators.

Dailies 1am british summer time i think, ubisoft challenges reset on Tuesday i think.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Basticle posted:

But I thought the narrative was that every single player is a racist troll?

Doctor Siege: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love racism

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's really cool how there's no punishment for teamkilling in terrorist hunt. How do you report people who kill you then leave? It's really annoying that Ubisoft encourages this behavior.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
How is that encouragement?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

It's really cool how there's no punishment for teamkilling in terrorist hunt. How do you report people who kill you then leave? It's really annoying that Ubisoft encourages this behavior.

It usually takes so long to kill either teammates or the hostage in T-Hunt that you're sorta asking for it. Unless you get C4'd/grenaded there's little chance of being caught off guard and not surviving.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Wooper posted:

How is that encouragement?

By adding BOPE quests to terrorist hunt, which can only be completed by one person per game because there are no recruits for DLC factions and a lot of people don't have Capitao, so you have to specifically queue for hostage defense which takes a long time to complete.

It was really fun getting teamkilled and the hostage blown up by salty teammates who weren't as fast at selecting Caviar.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CJ posted:

By adding BOPE quests to terrorist hunt, which can only be completed by one person per game because there are no recruits for DLC factions and a lot of people don't have Capitao, so you have to specifically queue for hostage defense which takes a long time to complete.

It was really fun getting teamkilled and the hostage blown up by salty teammates who weren't as fast at selecting Caviar.

If you're really that interested in getting the pittance for doing it, do it solo and skip the potential idiocy?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Orv posted:

If you're really that interested in getting the pittance for doing it, do it solo and skip the potential idiocy?

I don't trust myself to not die to the suicide bombers. Either way, "don't play with other people" is a poo poo solution to a multiplayer game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CJ posted:

I don't trust myself to not die to the suicide bombers. Either way, "don't play with other people" is a poo poo solution to a multiplayer game.

"Don't play with people you don't know" is a pretty long-standing solution to multiplayer gaming in general.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Orv posted:

"Don't play with people you don't know" is a pretty long-standing solution to multiplayer gaming in general.

It's great that you're going to bat for the teamkillers and griefers, but most people don't think "never play multiplayer" is an acceptable solution to the issue.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Maybe you should learn to shoot a couple of suicide bombers in the face 3 times each to earn that sweet 150 renown.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Wooper posted:

that sweet 150 renown.

seriously this is all you're going to miss out on. you probably earn more playing any operator of your choice in a regular casual match

more importantly, it is an optional filler challenge. you can literally ignore it and it won't have any significant effect on you other than triggering the same kind of ocd that irks completionists when a game won't give them a 100% rating even though they did everything they could in that playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I found a screenshot (on reddit) of an early Siege build

Tythas fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 31, 2017

• Locked thread