Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

No, he's Doctor Yzark. The opposite of crazy. Like how Alucard isn't Dracula.

...I cannot loving believe I never noticed what Yzark's name meant until now.

quote:

"Thanks, but we can't go in the lab," you say politely.

"That's okay," Professor Yzark replies. "You probably don't have time anyway. Your mother just telephoned me. She had to go to a meeting. But she wants you to take Oscar home with you. Then someone will drop by your house later today to pick him up."

"Really?" you ask. "Take the chimp home?"

"Cool!" Sam shouts.

But it's not cool. It's not cool at all. The minute you get home, Oscar goes wild. He runs to the refrigerator and helps himself to snacks - but not to eat. To play with! He throws a handful of pineapple yogurt at the wall. Then he starts swinging from the chandeliers.

Help! You and Sam are worn out from chasing Oscar!

"I wish someone would come get this monkey," you say.

That instant, the doorbell rings. You peek out the window. There's a Jeep parked outside. And standing on your porch is a tall, muscular teenager wearing sandals and a pair of cutoff jeans. No shirt. His sun-streaked brown hair hangs down onto his broad, tanned chest. He looks a little familiar - but you can't remember from where.

Who is he?

quote:

"Uh - can I help you?" you ask the teenager, as you open the front door.

"Chimp," he grunts in a deep voice. "Got him?"

Before you can say anything, Oscar rushes right past you. He flings himself into the guy's arms. He strokes the guy's long hair and playfully pats him on the face. Then the two of them start making chimp sounds - as if they know each other!

"Thanks," the guy says, flashing you a smile. All at once he vaults over your porch railing with Oscar in his arms. He leaps into his waiting Jeep and drives off.

"Wait!" you scream, running after them.

This can't be the guy the professor sent - can it?

Then you see the guy's license plate. It's one of those vanity plates - the kind that spells out a sentence or word.

You stare, mouth hanging open, at the simple black letters.

No one is going to believe this, you realize. Not when you tell them the chimp was picked up by a tanned, half-naked guy who grunted and drove a car with a license plate that read:

T A R Z A N

Nah. Don't even think it.

No way. Couldn't be.

Could it?

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Asphyxiated by off-brand Monster Blood.
Trapped in an airtight box by a power outage.
Mistaken for an alien and presumably vivisected at Area 51.
Sedated after falling off a rolling chair.
Torn limb from limb by the dreaded Vamporilla.
Eaten by a virtual Komodo dragon.

Achievements
Who Names Their Kid That?: Discover Dr. Eeek's embarrassing real name.
:siren:Two Worlds: Have an inexplicable run-in with Tarzan.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Look for your mom.
  • Go along with Vanessa.
  • Leave Sam and go find help.
  • Fight Dr. Eeek with your right hand.
  • Go back to the waiting room.
  • Go into the chimp room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

All things considered, that went a lot better than it reasonable could have.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Soooo, was this a bad ending?

Anyway, time to go with Vanessa.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Soooo, was this a bad ending?

No, it was a good ending (more or less), but not one of the good endings.

Let's go play with the monkeys!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Okay, it started slow but this book loving owns.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wh-what? Oh my God. I can't believe Doctor Krazy was just like, "yeah ok, cool" and we went home, everything was fine, and then we met Tarzan. That's the biggest turnaround from expectation in Give Yourself Goosebumps yet.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

lmfao what the hell

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Tarzan has custom plates. Tarzan is a hot teen. I love it. How is this Goosebumps? Anyway go with the chimps or whatever, nothing can top that.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Android Blues posted:

Tarzan has custom plates. Tarzan is a hot teen. I love it. How is this Goosebumps? Anyway go with the chimps or whatever, nothing can top that.

Pretty much.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hey, hey, it's the Monkees!

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I had one of these books as a kid (the vampire dog one). Never really looked at the rest of the series, though. And I have to chime in with everyone on how great that Tarzan ending was. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the book and series.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 30, 2017

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Why not take a quick look around the lab? you think.

After all - your mom never lets you do anything like this. She never shows you any of this cool stuff. This might be your only chance.

"Yeah - we'd love to see the chimps," you tell Professor Yzark.

Professor Yzark smiles. Oscar jumps up and down.

"Good," Professor Yzark says. Quickly he ushers you and Sam through the connecting door.

As soon as you walk in, all the chimps glance up. They stare at you and Sam without making a sound.

Weird, you think.

You hold very still, not wanting to scare the chimps. That's why you don't notice what's happening behind you.

Oscar the chimp is slamming the door...

And locking it with a key!

Hey! What's going on?

quote:

As soon as the door is locked, the chimps stop playing games and reading books. The fun and games are over. Several of them run to the windows and pull down the shades.

Then Oscar takes a lab coat from a hook on the wall - and slips it on!

He pulls something from the pocket and puts it in his palm. Then he walks over to Professor Yzark and holds out his hand.

Resting there is a small chocolate treat.

Professor Yzark snatches it and stuffs it in his mouth - as if it's a reward! Then Oscar points to a far corner of the room.

Hey - you didn't see that before!

The whole wall is lined with large cages!

"Eeek! Eeek!" Oscar cries, making that same sound again.

Professor Yzark obediently hurries over to one of the cages. He crawls inside, lies down, and curls up to take a nap.

"Uh-oh..." Sam croaks, clutching your arm. "Look!"

quote:

As you stare at the cages, you get a horrible sinking feeling. You see that several of the cages are occupied. But not by chimps.

By people! They're all adults. Most of them are wearing lab coats. And all of them are asleep.

Sam jabs you in the ribs and points. That woman curled up in the cage in the corner - it's the thin-lipped receptionist!

No wonder the halls of Eeek Laboratories were so empty!

"Hey, what's going on here?" Sam shouts.

Oscar smiles at you. A chimp smile. Then he lets out a series of eeks.

You can't understand chimpanzee. But if you could, you'd hear Oscar saying: "We're studying human brains. Humans are very smart. And physically they're a lot like chimpanzees. There is much we can learn from them." Then he pats you on the head. "We're especially delighted that we now have two human children to study," he goes on. "It should be very interesting!"

You and Sam back away. You don't understand what he just said. But as you stumble into the locked door, you're pretty sure you understand one very important scientific fact. This is definitely...

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Captured for study by scientist chimpanzees.:siren:

Achievements
Two Worlds: Have an inexplicable run-in with Tarzan.

Our options posted:

• Go along with Vanessa.
  • Go back to the waiting room.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh boy, I love waiting rooms!

-no one, ever

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That's actually a way cooler ending than I was expecting. Let's check out the waiting room.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Oh my gosh, I was wrong, it was oscar all along. Oh you've finally made a monkey out of me!

Let's wait for what's coming next

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"We'd better not mess around," you tell Sam as you back away from the chimp. "Let's go back to the waiting room. I mean it - now!"

Reluctantly, Sam follows you. The two of you watch the chimp the whole time you back out of the room.

When you reach the door, the chimp tilts his head to one side and waves good-bye. He looks really sad to see you leave!

Then you hurry back down the hall to the waiting room. It's still empty. But a moment later, the main door - the one that looks like a vault door - swings all the way open. And your mom sweeps in.

"There you are!" she exclaims. "I was afraid this would happen. You're in the wrong waiting room! Come on."

She nods her head toward the elevators in the hall.

"What movie are we going to see?" you ask.

"We're too late for the movies now," she says. "I think we'll just go home and go to bed."

BORING!

See what happens when you have no sense of adventure?

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Captured for study by scientist chimpanzees.

Achievements
:siren:No Monkeying Around: Return home safely without having to deal with any mad scientists.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Go along with Vanessa.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Let's try fighting Dr. Eeek with our right hand. I feel like we're on the verge of actually getting 100% completion in this one!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Android Blues posted:

Let's try fighting Dr. Eeek with our right hand. I feel like we're on the verge of actually getting 100% completion in this one!

Agreed

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

No. We gotta find Vanessa first. Besides, we're probably this close to seeing all the bad endings.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Dr. Eeek is holding you tight by your right wrist. So you take a swing with your left and try to smack him. You miss.

You kick at him and start yelling. "Sam! Sam!" you shout.

Dr. Eeek shoves you out into the hall before Sam can reach you. Down the corridor. Into yet another lab room.

How many rooms does this place have, anyway?

Plenty!

This one is filled with mirrors - on the walls, the floor, and the ceiling. There's a big red switch on the inside of the door.

Still holding your wrist, Dr. Eeek pulls the switch.

You hear a buzzing sound. Then a crackle. Then a flash of light so bright, so intense, you think you're going to be blinded forever. It's like the glare from a super-huge flashbulb on the world's biggest camera.

The light shuts off. But you still can't see for several minutes. Finally your eyes return to normal. You look in the mirror.

Hey - where are you? All you can see is a hundred reflections of Dr. Eeek. Dr. Eeek... holding on to Dr. Eeek's wrist!

Wait a minute. Wasn't he holding onto your wrist?

quote:

Your throat tightens. Your stomach tightens. The only thing that doesn't tighten is the grip on your wrist.

That's because Dr. Eeek lets go of it. Then he laughs.

"Well, well, well," he chortles. "How do you like it? I've transformed you into a perfect copy of the perfect person - me!"

You feel perfectly sick.

"No!" you shout. "You can't do this!"

But Dr. Eeek isn't listening. He's opening up a closet. He's taking out a raincoat with a big hood. He's putting it on.

It covers his ugly head.

"So long," he says to you. "Sorry to leave you like this, but I've got to go. You see, I've become rather unpopular with the government lately. Too many 'unusual' experiments, they say. So I need to get out of the country. Sorry to say, I'm leaving you here in my place."

Then he runs out of the room. You never see him again.

Oh, well. Who cares? This is only virtual reality, right?

Suddenly the images in your headset stop. You see nothing but black. And the straps loosen on your wrists! You're free!

Or are you?

quote:

You tear off the headset and jump out of the black leather chair.

"Sam!" you shout. "Let's get out of this place!"

Sam glares at you, his eyes full of hate.

"What did you do with my friend?" he cries.

"Sam! It's me!" you shout. "I am your friend! I just don't look like myself. Dr. Eeek turned me into a copy of him."

Sam shakes his head and backs away from you as fast as he can. You run after him. But for some reason he's much faster than you. He reaches the waiting room first, then dials 911. He stands on the desk so you can't reach him while he talks on the phone.

Why can't you reach him? Because no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to climb up on the desk. Your legs hurt too much. You have creaky old joints - caused by arthritis!

Arthritis? That old person's disease? Of course! You're Dr. Eeek - a fifty-eight-year-old man! Bad luck. You've got bad breath and a bad back, too.

Before you know it, the police are on their way. They arrest you for doing experiments on kids. And when Sam tells them that you are missing, they throw you in jail for kidnapping, too - and throw away the key.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Transformed into a clone of Dr. Eeek and arrested in his place.:siren:

Achievements
No Monkeying Around: Return home safely without having to deal with any mad scientists.

Our options posted:

• Go along with Vanessa.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Bye, Sam!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A buh-bye!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Goddamn we're bumrushing all the bad ends in this one, huh?

Ditch Sam

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

No way are you going to let Dr. Eeek strap you in that chair again.

"I'm free to go? Then I'm outta here," you say, waving goodbye and walking out of the room casually.

As soon as you're out of the room, you break into a run. Feet pounding, you race down the hall toward the empty reception area. Dash to the door and...

But wait a minute. That thick steel vault door is locked - and you can't get out!

Quickly you pick up the phone on the receptionist's desk. You dial your mom's phone number at work.

Wherever she is - maybe she'll answer the phone.

Ring... ring... ring... ring... ring...

You let it ring ten times but there's no answer.

Oh, no. You've got to do something to save Sam - quick!

Your hands are sweaty. Your heart is beating in your throat. You can't think of anything else to do.

So you call the one other phone number you've memorized.

quote:

You call Dominick's Pizza.

"Hello, may I take your order please?" the voice on the other end of the line says.

"Help! You've got to help me!" you scream into the phone. "I'm trapped in Eeek Labs and - "

"Eeek Labs? Okay, so you want your usual - a large half-mushroom, half-pepperoni. It'll be right there."

"No, wait!" you scream. "I'm trapped here! You've got to come get me out!"

"Hey - is this a prank?" the guy at the pizza place says.

"No! It's not a prank! I'm locked in with Dr. Eeek, and he's doing something terrible to my friend, and - "

The line goes dead.

quote:

Stay cool, you try to tell yourself. But you can't. Your blood is pumping through your veins at one hundred miles an hour.

All you can think is: The phone went dead! Dr. Eeek must have cut the lines! Now you'll never get out of here - unless you come up with another plan. QUICK!

And then you remember Sam. Strapped in that black leather chair. Trapped in some horrible version of virtual reality. Clutching his throat.

And screaming for his life!

Suddenly you glance up at the ceiling and notice the emergency sprinkler system. The ones that turn on by themselves during a fire. Hey - maybe there's a way to trigger those sprinklers - and bring the fire department to the lab!

On the other hand, that could take a long time. And time is something you don't have.

Maybe you should run back to the lab where Sam is trapped. And try to save him yourself. In the virtual reality game.

What do you think?

If you set off the sprinklers, turn to PAGE 114.

If you run back to the room with the black leather chairs, have a seat on PAGE 105.

If we pick the second option, we're sent to the same page as if we had simply agreed to save Sam in the previous choice. So, do we set off the sprinklers, or do we go back and go along with Vanessa?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Transformed into a clone of Dr. Eeek and arrested in his place.

Achievements
No Monkeying Around: Return home safely without having to deal with any mad scientists.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Set off the sprinklers. Everyone should do it once.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sprinklers!

Also I was so-so on this book at first but I kind of love it now. A weirdly huge amount of the endings revolve around someone running back out to the receptionist's desk and calling someone else, but the protagonist instinctively calling a pizza place is hilarious.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sprinkles!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

In a panic, you try to remember what you know about those sprinklers.

Oh, yeah. They're heat sensitive. Your mom told you about them once. When they get hot, the water comes on.

You grab a chair as fast as you can. Then you unplug a table lamp from the receptionist's desk and remove the lamp shade.

This will work, you tell yourself. Won't it?

You stand on the chair, under one of the sprinklers. With the lamp in your hands, you touch the still-hot bulb to the sprinkler head.

For a moment, nothing happens.

Hurry up, you pray silently. Is this thing going to work or not?

quote:

All of a sudded, the sprinklers turn on. Hard.

VERY hard.

In fact, the water gushes out so fast, it almost knocks you down. You stumble. Your foot slips off the chair.

GLUG. Water fills your mouth. Instantly, you're not only soaking wet - you're almost drowning!

What's happening? you ask yourself as you spit water. You stand up and gaze around the reception area.

Oh, no! you realize. Water is gushing out of the sprinkler so fast, the room is filling up!

Within minutes, you're ankle-deep in water - and it's quickly rising.

You can't believe how fast the water pours out. It's more like Niagara Falls than like a sprinkler!

You gulp - and then suddenly you know the truth. This is another one of Dr. Eeek's traps!

The room seems to be watertight. And the water is rising. Rising. It's up to your knees...

quote:

"Help!" you scream at the top of your lungs.

But why scream? you ask yourself.

Dr. Eeek isn't going to come help you. And Sam can't. He's strapped into that black chair. And that vault door is supposed to be "locked at all times." The receptionist said so.

So who do you think is going to rescue you?

The pizza delivery guy, of course!

An instant later, the front door opens - and the Dominick's Pizza guy walks in.

"Hi," he says, as the water gushes out into the hallway, soaking his legs. "Here's the pizza you ordered. Half-mush, half-pep. Right?"

You stare at him, open-mouthed. He doesn't even seem to mind that he's getting wet.

"How did you get in here?" you ask him, dumbfounded.

He holds up a key, dangling from a long chain. "Dr. Eeek orders almost every day," he explains. "So we've got a key. We just let ourselves in and leave the pizza. We send him a bill every month. This is what you wanted, right?"

You shake your head. This is unbelievable!

quote:

"Wow," you say, shaking your head. You still can't believe this. "But how did you get here so fast?" you ask the pizza guy. "I mean, I've heard of delivery in thirty minutes. But you were here in thirty seconds!"

"Easy," he says. "Our shop is on the first floor!"

You'd like to laugh, but you don't have time. You run out into the hall to escape. You pound on the elevator button. Just then it opens - and your mom steps out! She's been searching the building for you for over an hour.

When you tell her what's happened, she calls the police immediately. She also runs down the hall and rescues Sam from the virtual reality game. Luckily, she turns it off just in time. Right before he's about to be strangled by a boa constrictor.

The police arrive a minute later and haul Dr. Eeek away.

"Whew," you say to Sam. "That was a close one. But at least it turned out all right."

"Yeah - I guess," Sam mutters, looking glum.

"What do you mean, you guess?" you ask. "We're safe. And we didn't get turned into something horrible in Dr. Eeek's lab. What more could you possibly want?"

"My fifty bucks!" Sam says with a goofy grin.

THE END

Since there's only one option left, I'll just go ahead and have us go with Vanessa.

quote:

"Fifty bucks?" Sam exclaims. His eyes light up.

"Great," you say, grinning. "What do we have to do?"

"Dr. Eeek will explain it to you," Vanessa replies mysteriously. "Follow me."

You follow Vanessa into a long hallway. The place is empty - eerily empty. Closed doors line both sides of the hall. Vanessa's high heels click on the tile floor as she leads the way.

Where is she taking you?

Finally she stops in front of a door with triple locks. There's an intercom box on the wall beside the door. She pushes the button.

"Yes?" a man's voice crackles.

"They're here," Vanessa announces.

Why is she acting as if they were expecting you?

Click. You hear an electronic lock opening. Then another. And another. The door swings open. You peer into the room. It's pitch-black.

"Come in," a voice says from the darkness.

quote:

You step into the dark room. A light flashes on.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" says an older man in a white lab coat. He has gray hair and a soft, pudgy face.

"Our next two appointments," Vanessa explains. She tucks a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear. "They're here for the Raster experiment."

"Really?" the man says. He pushes his wrinkled face right up to within an inch of your nose. He stares you in the eye.

You try to gaze away. There's something odd about him. About one of *his* eyes. It looks as if his right cheek has been pulled up to meet the eye - and been stapled there. It gives him a weird squint.

"I'm Dr. Eeek. Are you sure you're here for the Raster experiment?" the man asks.

"Yeah - definitely," Sam insists. "What do we have to do?"

"That all depends," Dr. Eeek says with an evil-sounding laugh. "What are you willing to do?"

quote:

Dr. Eeek is too weird, you decide. You start to back out of the room. But Sam still has dollar signs in his eyes.

"Where are you going?" Sam whispers to you.

"Out of here," you declare.

"No way," he insists. "I'm staying until I get the money."

Dr. Eeek grins. He can tell you are having second thoughts.

"How bad can it be?" Sam mutters under his breath. "I mean seriously. Your mom works here. It's got to be a safe place - right?"

You nod half-heartedly.

But where is your mom, anyway?

As if he can read your mind, Dr. Eeek speaks up. "Actually," he says, "I'm not sure you're right for the Raster experiment. I think you two are more suited to something..."

He lets his voice trail off.

"...else," he finally says.

This sounds worse every minute!

If you do whatever Dr. Eeek tells you to do, turn to PAGE 25.

If you chicken out, turn to PAGE 17.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
:siren:Thirty Seconds Or Less: Escape certain death thanks to Dr. Eeek's pizza addiction.:siren:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Bawk Bawk!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm actually pretty amazed that both helping Sam and leaving Sam lead to good endings.

Let's chicken out.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You clear your throat.

"Uh, actually, I've got to go," you say to Dr. Eeek. "I've got to meet my mom."

"I'm staying," Sam announces.

Dr. Eeek shrugs. "As you wish," he says to you. "Good-bye. Pleasant meeting you."

You glare at Sam and motion toward the door. But he won't follow you.

You step out into the hallway alone.

You start toward the reception area. But then you hear a voice cry out.

"Help! Someone help me!"

You freeze. Was that Sam? Did the sound come from behind you? Or was it in front of you? You can't be sure.

An instant later, you hear the cry again.

If you go back and check on Sam, run to PAGE 81.

If you think someone else might be in trouble, hurry to PAGE 99.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
Thirty Seconds Or Less: Escape certain death thanks to Dr. Eeek's pizza addiction.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Jesus Christ, Sam, what is it now?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Look if we didn't immediately recognize our idiot friend's voice it must be someone else

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Zore posted:

Look if we didn't immediately recognize our idiot friend's voice it must be someone else

That's the kind of logic that gets Sam killed and us captured by monkeys

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Someone else please. We might find another joke-ending.

Also, were there other joke endings back in the other books?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Someone else please. We might find another joke-ending.

Also, were there other joke endings back in the other books?

Yeah, there were a bunch. Like the time we started a multi-billion dollar ice cream empire by selling bug-flavored ice cream. Also i think we were still a bat?

Or when we became an absolute monarch and decided to say 'gently caress it' and live in the middle ages tormenting our lovely little brother.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'll break the tie for someone else.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Sam's all right, you decide. And besides - that cry definitely came from somewhere in front of you.

"Help! Please!" the voice cries out desperately.

It seems to be coming from a room just a few feet ahead.

You dash forward and pull open a lab door. There's nothing inside except an empty laboratory. A big blob of some kind of green stuff sits on the counter.

Wrong room, you say to yourself.

You continue down the hall. You try another door. Nope. Just a broom closet.

The next door on the left has to be it. It's already partly open. You give it a push - and gasp!

quote:

Right away, you know you're in an operating room.

Tiled walls, metal cabinets, steel sink. Heart monitors. Cabinets full of rubber gloves. Surgical lights above a stainless steel operating table. Lumpy objects under a stained hospital sheet.

Wait a minute.

Lumpy objects under a stained hospital sheet?

quote:

You're afraid to look under the sheet - and afraid not to. What is that lumpy object? Is that what was crying out for help?

You peer closer - and notice a kid's sneaker poking out from under the sheet!

You feel so light-headed. You think you'd better lie down.

But where?

No way are you going to lie down in the operating room!

"Help," a weak voice says. "Please - help me."

You swallow hard. Your heart pounds. The room begins to spin.

Do you dare look under that sheet?

If you look under the sheet, turn to PAGE 22.

If you think you'd better lie down first, turn to PAGE 40.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
Thirty Seconds Or Less: Escape certain death thanks to Dr. Eeek's pizza addiction.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
What's in the sheets?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Lying down has no foreseeable consequences. Let's do it.