Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
its good rich doesnt drink so he can recall all the movie details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFuyATj5EI&t=2430s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

Paladinus posted:

RLM should pay some dame to be in their videos, imo.

Haven't they already tried this?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Paladinus posted:

I do not want this.

Why do you hate women

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans can bounce back from playing a bad superhero role to getting a successful one, so could Charlize Theron

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mng posted:

Why do you hate women

I hate people who provide deep analysis of Disney cartoons for children regardless of their gender.

Now Star Wars... I loving LOVE STAR WARS!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Monglo posted:

Mike browbeat some cute ginger girl until she was visibly upset and Josh's scent keeps all the other ladies away

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Monglo posted:

None of them survived for too long. It's time for another one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Ralph guy is funny enough, but he's mentioned that he likes Armoured Sceptic. Only Rich Evans can admit something like that and without losing any respect from me.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Paladinus posted:

None of them survived for too long. It's time for another one.

I nominate that "Ho" poster with the Spock av.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Harveygod posted:

I nominate that "Ho" poster with the Spock av.

Only if she looks exactly like her av.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think thats the only way mike would let her on ya.

I don't want any of you on rlm because then I'd have to deal with you knowing more about what mike's breath smells like than me and frankly if I can't have that nobody can.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

reignofevil posted:

I don't want any of you on rlm because then I'd have to deal with you knowing more about what mike's breath smells like than me and frankly if I can't have that nobody can.

Pour a bottle of cheap whiskey into a bucket, and then vomit into it.
That's the Stoklasa experience.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I am Mike

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I volunteer to go on the internet show and embarrass myself. Let's make this happen.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Paladinus posted:

I hate people who provide deep analysis of Disney cartoons for children regardless of their gender.

Now Star Wars... I loving LOVE STAR WARS!

The sociological stuff behind Disney films are really interesting, and they obviously wanted to be taken super seriously around the time they made Pocahontas otherwise they wouldn't have chosen such a ludicrously loaded historical subject to make a movie out of.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

poisonpill posted:

Atomic Blonde was good not great, and definitely worth catching in the theater. I like the part where Charlize Theron was insanely attractive

The 20 minute sequence that starts with the umbrellas and ends with the car crashing into the water is better than the entirety of John Wick 1 and 2 (which I enjoy, but not to the extent many seem to).

The fight scenes overall reminded me more of something like The Raid, loved that in almost all cases it seemed physically really loving hard to kill a person, much less several people at once.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 30, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That part was so loving good. As weird as this sounds, my favorite part is when they do that uncut shot of the guy falling backward down the stairs. I want more films directed by stunt performers.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm surprised they didn't call the movie Jack Daniels Presents: Atomic Blonde

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

I'm surprised they didn't call the movie Jack Daniels Presents: Atomic Blonde

And make Stolichnaya jealous?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that one long action sequence is better than anything in either John Wick movie, but Atomic Blonde has some plot problems that I won't get into because even if it's in spoilers, people will read it and spoil themselves. I know I can never help myself.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Actually she could be Captain Marvel, an avenger I know nothing about except that she is strong and blond.

Honestly don't like her because of her making copyright trouble for DC's captain marvel, who is a fun and very silly and colorful character who has a lot of crazy old comics and is exactly the kind of whimsical a super hero should be.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Actually she could be Captain Marvel, an avenger I know nothing about except that she is strong and blond.

Brie Larson is already Captain Marvel.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's funny to see so many people here say that they think all the superhero movies are lovely, then turn around and go "Wow, Charlize Theron is great, why isn't she doing any superhero movies?"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

It's funny to see so many people here say that they think all the superhero movies are lovely, then turn around and go "Wow, Charlize Theron is great, why isn't she doing any superhero movies?"

Marvel should just cast her as Batman.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
ComicBookGirl19 does the best reviews of comic book movies.

Lindsay Ellis does great TED Talk lectures on film theory.

Everything else on YouTube is pure poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everything else on YouTube is pure poo poo.

Everything?

:thunk:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Everything?

Everything, except ASMR videos of course

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like ComicBookGirl19. She gets a little weird or bad sometimes, like believing in literal magic and saying that Chinese audiences are less sophisticated than American ones, but that just puts her on Mike's level.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

PostNouveau posted:

Everything?

I had to confront the painful truth that RLM themselves were also endlessly trash.

:(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
comicbookgirl's reviews seem a little too much just praising the movie and not very critical when it comes to marvel movies, she doesn't really say anything I don't really expect.

Plus it's just her and her puppets, which only exist as puppets and don't contribute anything interesting, it's not like Mike and Jay arguing.

I appreciate what she does, I'm glad she said spoke up and said people were being lovely about Ghostbusters, and at some point I want to start reading Dune and see if her book club is any good. But I probably won't watch any more of her movie reviews.

There's one other guy I've found... "Nyx Fears"... who had a pretty good review of Eraserhead and only reviews horror movies. He also a puppet that serves the same functions as comicbookgirl's, and I haven't watched many of his videos yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not watching anybody that uses a puppet, no sir

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not watching anybody that uses a puppet, no sir

What is Rich Evans then

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

What is Rich Evans then

A real human boy

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

WampaLord posted:

If you want a dude who admits that he loves RLM and is trying his best to live up to their standard, ralphthemoviemaker is pretty good to me.

Here's one of his best vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qectRXY6vGE

thanks for recommending this guy

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ive never bothered with Lindsey Ellis and probably never will. Comicbookgirl19 is pretty good. RLM is the only thing that makes me laugh.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
AngryJoe has the best movie reviews on youtube

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

We're all Mike

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

a bone to pick posted:

AngryJoe has the best movie reviews on youtube

gently caress you you lazy piece of poo poo how dare you sit down with one loving camera and a bunch of nobodies talking about films, and then you cry about all the people mad you aren't doing game reviews you lazy hack piece of cuntspunkery.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not angryjoe but I agree with the sentiment nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's the equivalent of his comments section. Recently he said he was going to take a 2 month vacation, and his fans blew up on him. Guess I shouldn't steal Lottery of Babylon's shtick.

• Locked thread