Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

the drug testing one

Reminder, the governor of FL,Rick Scott, looks like the tall skinny bald of evil villain character, his wife owns the drug testing company, and the state spent more money than it saved. Those other red shitholes probably are also spending more money than saving, but w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

WampaLord posted:

Literally every war in the history of mankind has had warcrimes. As a Jew, I'm not crying any tears over us doing what we had to do to stop the Nazis.

Well I was thinking more the egregious bombing of the Japanese but yeah gently caress Imperial Japan too.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
The Japanese surrender was due to their crushing defeat in Manchuria against Soviet forces. That this surrender coincided with the Atomic Bombs was just a coincidence.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, the governor of FL,Rick Scott, looks like the tall skinny bald of evil villain character, his wife owns the drug testing company, and the state spent more money than it saved. Those other red shitholes probably are also spending more money than saving, but w/e.

Rick Scott is Voldemort and no-one will convince me otherwise :colbert:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's literally insane. Black people were graduating from English, Scottish, and European medical schools from the 18th century on, and in the US from the mid 19th century. And, you know, there were doctors in Africa long before there were even medical schools in Europe.
Fun fact: the doctor who saves Laura and her family in the book Little House on the Prairie was based on a real person.

Sunswipe posted:

I can understand not knowing about potatoes, but I really can't follow being ok with elves and magic but drawing the line at people with a different skin colour. At that point, you really just need to admit you're a racist and at least get some points for honesty.

Slime posted:

your avatar is a potato loving a woman

Heh

Also I recently got a little bit into Game of Thrones, finally, and am pretty annoyed about things like the lack of visible textile production and the poor storage and cataloging of faces in the House of Black and White.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Monglo posted:

Substitute "jew" with "German" and that literally what the nazis said. You're as bad as the nazis. Congrats.

:jerkbag:

Yes, if you change the words in a sentence, the meaning changes. Congratulations on passing 2nd grade and understanding how context works, you loving idiot.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

TheKennedys posted:

I always thought he was more Batboy than Voldemort:

http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834520b4b69e2014e88f02cb8970d-pi

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

PhazonLink posted:

Also I love how they're just "Yea my state can gently caress me over for smoking a little bit of pot on friday after work because I got tested on monday" instead of calling bullshit. Those of us on Welfare don't need to be drug tested, we get tested every day from every single floridian thinking they know better than us.

Subjunctive posted:

Is your argument that the White House was incorrect when they said that Trump's tweets are official statements, or that the military doubted the authenticity of the tweets, or something else?

https://twitter.com/nancyayoussef/status/890244205355966467

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm genuinely surprised that the Donald's twitter account hasn't been hacked yet.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that the Donald's twitter account hasn't been hacked yet.

Twitter has two-factor authentication, it's basically impossible to hack.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

SAD NEWS!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Fake News Twitter won't let young entrepreneurial coders hack accounts. SAD

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

WampaLord posted:

Plenty of two factor systems have been compromised.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Plenty of two factor systems have been compromised.

Yea, but how? Probably by getting their hands onto the phone itself that is the two-factor authorizer. Good luck getting your hands on Trump's cell phone.

Seriously, you'll need luck, it's tiny because it's specially designed for his baby-like small hands.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I genuinely have no idea what this means.

You've been voted off the island

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

WampaLord posted:

Yea, but how? Probably by getting their hands onto the phone itself that is the two-factor authorizer. Good luck getting your hands on Trump's cell phone.

Seriously, you'll need luck, it's tiny because it's specially designed for his baby-like small hands.

The Verge actually did a good break down of how two-factor isn't a magic security pill like it was originally promised. Twitter uses SMS for the second factor AFAIK which would make it quite possible. This is also assuming he's opted in to use two-factor which is a big if.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Isn't two factor based on that Russian spy random number pad thing that was 100% unbreakable?

That is until the spy used the same number pad too many times.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Like most security measures, the maths behind it is fine, its the implementation that can be broken, and that's just a rolls of the dice on any given platform.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Low effort admittedly but still.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
Is the guy with the penis also to blame for giving the woman with tits all the free stuff?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

WampaLord posted:

Yea, but how?

Freaquency posted:

Twitter uses SMS for the second factor AFAIK which would make it quite possible.

I can't find it for the life of me but I recently read an article about someone whose cell phone suddenly lost service and then immediately had a few accounts compromised. Turns out what happened is that the phisher had the number switched to a SIM that was in their possession. Whoops suddenly all of the victim's texts and phonecalls get sent to the phisher's phone!

Mind, this still required them contacting the provider and having them make the switch so I guess the real compromise happened somewhere between the victim's vigilance over personal info and the provider's diligence for proper verification procedures? I dunno.

Still though this was just a Joe Nobody and not the president of the United States. I imagine doing the same thing to Donny would be orders of magnitude more difficult, if possible at all.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Catberry posted:

Low effort admittedly but still.

Aww what a poor man his life must suck being a man it mus be so hard. :suicide:

Here's some more people getting mad at ads. This time it's ads for the fact you can use twitter to place ads.

https://twitter.com/TwitterBusiness/status/862754624024879104

https://twitter.com/Trailltrader/status/867568305611169792
https://twitter.com/ourdreamtoo/status/871433069940674560

https://twitter.com/BonarDoug/status/877640715492356096
THANKS PAL

https://twitter.com/usaforyoubruv/status/871825619369308160
If only they did.

https://twitter.com/fixurheart2016/status/868887789361876993

And finally, a good reply and I will fight you if you think otherwise.

https://twitter.com/judyleesmith/status/884166533567696897

:3:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ah yes, because merely being physically present is the only important think about a speech. What are words even

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh my God. NWS for language but my word :eyepop: (I actually have no idea how to link to the tweet where it doesn't auto embedded just in case the language is too much)

https://twitter.com/spiritchef00/status/891393383733882884

Idiots on Social Media: I want to cum inside you while me making eye contact (as hosed up as that sounds)

Ularg has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jul 29, 2017

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Catberry posted:

The Japanese surrender was due to their crushing defeat in Manchuria against Soviet forces. That this surrender coincided with the Atomic Bombs was just a coincidence.

Bullshit.

I know there's a (justified) pushback against the "America won the war" narrative, but that doesn't excuse find-replacing it with "the USSR won the war".

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

TheKennedys posted:

He looks like the bald guy who has a tiny alien in his head from Men In Black.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Byzantine posted:

Bullshit.

I know there's a (justified) pushback against the "America won the war" narrative, but that doesn't excuse find-replacing it with "the USSR won the war".

well like in business, the guy at the top gets all the glory and the heat, so really it was Truman who won the war and he's also responsible for pearl harbor, but it's nothing new for the democratic party cowards to sneak attack their own country

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

He looks like the bald guy who has a tiny alien in his head from Men In Black.

So we need to get an illegal (bug)alien(in a skin suit) to deal with Scott?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if Donald Trump posted on Twitter that everyone in the military had to do fifty pushups would they have to obey that order

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trump should tweet that the military needs to win all the wars in a month and also have no casualties

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
If the UK hadn't been a threat to central European hegemony, the Germans could have focused more on other threats. The UK won the war

A hotter take, Germany never had the industry or manpower to succeed in occupying as much territory and fighting as many enemies as they thought they could. Go Hitler and German exceptionalism! Singlehandedly gave the allies the victory

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

If the UK hadn't been a threat to central European hegemony, the Germans could have focused more on other threats. The UK won the war

A hotter take, Germany never had the industry or manpower to succeed in occupying as much territory and fighting as many enemies as they thought they could. Go Hitler and German exceptionalism! Singlehandedly gave the allies the victory

So Hitler won the war against the Nazis?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

The Nazis won the war.

e:fb

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

So Hitler won the war against the Nazis?

Hitler killed Hitler, you do the math.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hitler killed Hitler, you do the math.

That's what they want you to think :tinfoil:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In Hitler's dream scenario of WW2 the British would've teamed up with him to fight the commies. He was basically a Weeaboo except for Britain. Which is why Rudolf Hess got the bright idea to fly over there and try to broker a peace deal, he was trying to impress Adolf by making his dream come true. Of course, being an incompetent rear end, he failed miserably.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Fair warning, relitigating WWII has sunk much brighter threads.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, those Amazon customers, amirite?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1CY5QE0QXVQI5/ref=?ie=UTF8&tag=natdee-20&ASIN=B00ABV7IOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Item not available. :smith: