Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Played some Overcooked with my partner. Hot drat are some of these stages hard to 3 star. I imagine it's easier with the full 4 players? Also the character unlocks are odd. Game you've already given me a wolf in a wheelchair, why would I play as new regular rear end person after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
my switch has a bunch of scuffs on the edges of the screen from sliding it in and out of the dock so just get a screen protector

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

strap on revenge posted:

my switch has a bunch of scuffs on the edges of the screen from sliding it in and out of the dock so just get a screen protector

Well maybe you shouldn't be slamming the switch into the dock as hard as you can you loving IMBECILE :smug:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Frankston posted:

Well maybe you shouldn't be slamming the switch into the dock as hard as you can you loving IMBECILE :smug:

Agreed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Frankston posted:

If you don't palm-slam it into the dock every morning, how can you start doing the moves in ARMS afterwards then? Tell me that, smart-rear end! :colbert:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

you're probably right, i should have taken out my protractor and spirit level every time i wanted to remove it and then designed a small hydraulic lift to lower it gently into place

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

you're probably right, i should have taken out my protractor and spirit level every time i wanted to remove it and then designed a small hydraulic lift to lower it gently into place

I mean yah if you even give half a poo poo about your switch yeah

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If only there was a simpler solution to ensuring your screen doesn't get scratched...

Oh well.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah I got the scratches from the dock when it was new and I was super careful every time but it's only on the bezels so I just stopped caring. It got scratched either way so I might as well slam it into the dock every time. By the time it looks super lovely there will be a new hardware revision anyway.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

why are nintendo using plastic screens on a $400 device in 2017 anyway

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Because glass screens shatter when kids drop them

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Drunk Tomato posted:

The real: Poor range on left JoyCon. Easy fix.

I just realized yesterday I have one of the models effected by this. What's the easy fix?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

treiz01 posted:

I just realized yesterday I have one of the models effected by this. What's the easy fix?
Call Nintendo and have them fix it. They just put a tiny block of foam inside it but it's super trivial for them to fix.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I just bought a switch. The eshop appears to be broken? Sucks for me since I didn't buy any games with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I just bought a switch. The eshop appears to be broken? Sucks for me since I didn't buy any games with it.

Not buying physical games is the way to go.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

Pretty interesting how in the first few weeks of life, there were endless complaints and reports of new flaws in the Switch design almost daily.

Yet like a month after launch, and after the high sales figures were released, almost all of the complaints mysteriously vanished.

The bullshit / extreme rare: Dock scratching the screen, the JoyCon straps "breaking" the JoyCon when inserted backwards, the dock overheating the switch and bending it. The kickstand not working.

The Clumsy: bending the rail on the JoyCon after dropping the system

The real: Poor range on left JoyCon. Easy fix. Poor networking - seemed to be completely fixed after an update. Kickstand blocks charging port, but I haven't heard recent complaints about this.
Nerds are terrible people who want to bitch about everything and you should pretty much ignore them if they're making an issue of anything that sounds like this.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not buying physical games is the way to go.

:agreed: Had a bad experience with a replacing a damaged wiiu game disc before. Downloads only for me.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Maintenance for Stardew?????

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Call Nintendo and have them fix it. They just put a tiny block of foam inside it but it's super trivial for them to fix.

Thanks. Kind of a bummer that I won't be able to use my Switch while it's being repaired but somehow my heart will go on

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Buying digital is the way to go! - dude who can't play games because the e-shop is down.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GoldfishStew posted:

Buying digital is the way to go! - dude who can't play games because the e-shop is down.

this minor delay sure is the number one example of why you shouldn't buy digital game

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Trip report: just spent 6 hours playing Overcooked with friends; really great if you have friends over and it's a beautiful mess when there's 4 of you trying to coordinate while another 4 people are watching and trying to be sous chefs like they're Gordon Ramsey (is that what a sous chef does). If Snipperclips is the game to relax with friends, this is the game to get stressed out with them. It's really hectic, and in terms of content, has far more of it than Snipperclips. We only got through about half the game in 6 hours (with some breaks from co-op to play competitive), while Snipperclips took us less than that to 100%. Incidentally, I think the Switch is absolutely the ideal system for this game, since even if you don't have a TV, you're all on one screen and don't have to divvy up space in portable mode.

I can't say if the fun scales down to 2 or 3 players, though, and I'm almost sure it's worthless in 1p.

Argue fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 29, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Always buy physical son drat

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I already hate having to occasionally swap out Mario Kart for Zelda, I'm probably not gonna buy another physical game unless it's a lengthy single player game like Mario that'll stay in my Switch indefinitely

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'm 31 years old and just bought Minecraft for the first time ever so I can coop with my wife. Hope we're not too old for this poo poo

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/891327534348021760

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The UK account is better at Twitter.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Thanks to Gamestop's buy 50 dollar eshop card and get 10 dollar card free, I now can join the ranks of squids.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

> Picture is of Tingle trying to court a lady.
> Yet there are comments in the reply chain about how Tingle makes some of them uncomfortable because he may be gay and go after their butts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tingle owns and is better than Splatoon squids

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

correct, then hard turn into wrong

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Always buy physical son drat

you're not my real dad

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's hosed up that you think this needs to be a competition.

Tingle and inklings for Smash

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

strap on revenge posted:

Or just never dock it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you only buy digital you can never lick the carts. Clearly missing out on a Switch feature

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

the truth posted:

Or just never dock it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the truth posted:

Or just never dock it

I dock my Switch constantly just to charge it. Handheld supremacy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Tingle and inklings for Smash

:yeah: this would own

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I mean you can also use the AC adapter instead of the dock to charge it. Just plug it in directly instead of to the dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I mean you can also use the AC adapter instead of the dock to charge it. Just plug it in directly instead of to the dock.

thats what i do. apparently thats some egregious offense lol

• Locked thread