Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's kind of amazing that people still haven't gotten the memo about the device rounds having a much shorter timer

That's the one teams lose the most by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/iAekyJL.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/dKEysd1.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/N9cjVtg.gifv

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Get off wifi, dude

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I'm sure the host was on wifi, it's slim pickens since MEA sucked at the very beginning so a lot of games are connecting to people playing on cruise ships or the ISS

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On PS4 I've had FAR less lag problems than ME3MP, but maybe there are just a lot less Russians playing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it could be worse, warframe seems to have an algorithm to precision-identify which player has a sugar beet for a router and make them the host

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Digirat posted:

it could be worse, warframe seems to have an algorithm to precision-identify which player has a sugar beet for a router and make them the host

The devs of Warframe are learning their lessons though, their new game uses dedicated servers first, and if there are none, then it uses P2P.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just wish the pause screen showed you who was the host so I could vote-kick them. At some point they patched in an actual visual ping meter for the lobby and the pause screen, but if you join mid-match I don't think there's any way to tell who the host is.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

precision posted:

On PS4 I've had FAR less lag problems than ME3MP, but maybe there are just a lot less Russians playing.
I think consoles are much more likely to be on wired internet.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Wired connections for gaming, wireless for casual browsing. Is this not a thing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just used wired internet unless you're like using your phone. it's not like your house has limited wired internet or something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I can't seem to find the single player thread anymore. Does anyone have a link, or has it evaporated into the ether and single player questions go here now?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It bombed faster than the game.

Thanks to mea I replayed me2 and got reminded how goddamned good of a game it is.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I can't seem to find the single player thread anymore. Does anyone have a link, or has it evaporated into the ether and single player questions go here now?

It's the game food thread now. And better for it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

chiasaur11 posted:

It's the game food thread now. And better for it.

Oh well. Got an answer to the question I had (about something the UI completely fails to explain about crafting) from a friend anyway.

Two Finger posted:

It bombed faster than the game.

Thanks to mea I replayed me2 and got reminded how goddamned good of a game it is.

To me, it's a disappointingly average game. This is only my second playthrough.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Small Patch out
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/31/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-10/

Veteran ranks of characters will only drop after all characters of that rarity have been unlocked to rank 10.

Naladen explosion now deals damage when Cryo or Incendiary Ammo are equipped.

Fixed issue where Dwindling Supplies and Empty Resupply mission modifiers would not function correctly if a player left the game.

Dhan shotgun now properly primes enemies.

Fixed issue where Bulwark, Siphon, and Concussive variants of pistols and sniper rifles would prime enemies too slowly when using special ammo.

Fixed issue where using Supply Pack Transmitter would reduce spare ammo if Empty Resupply mission modifier was active.

Using First Aid with Supply Pack Transmitter no longer heals enemies.

Fixed issue that caused screen to blink red/yellow when using Siphon and Bulwark weapons.

Rank XIV Common Characters are no longer displayed as Rank XV

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://techraptor.net/content/bioware-montreal-merge-ea-motive

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So pretty much yeah, RIP mass effect.

Funny that it's being cannibalised to work on a star wars project when mass effect was created because they couldn't get the star wars licence.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

And at last, the Quarians are all canonically dead. The last great contribution of Bioware Montreal to the storied Mass Effect franchise.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

And at last, the Quarians are all canonically dead. The last great contribution of Bioware Montreal to the storied Mass Effect franchise.

the geth killed them all on the way to andromeda

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Waiting for Reddit to ask what dead Quarian sweat tastes like.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

Waiting for Reddit to ask what dead Quarian sweat tastes like.

Victory.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No, EA already shut them down four years ago.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

No, EA already shut them down four years ago.

Exactly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Still, ME will live on in sweet Stellaris mods.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm really disappointed. I love ME, and the Quarians are my favorite race (but then, I may be biased. ~Tali~). I was looking forward to DLC about the Quarian ark, but I think this basically puts the final nail in that coffin.

I actually really like ME: A. :shrug:

It's story may not be as good as the original trilogy's, but I find it to be, overall, a much more fun game in relation to mechanics.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Error 404 posted:

Small Patch out
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/31/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-10/

Veteran ranks of characters will only drop after all characters of that rarity have been unlocked to rank 10.

oh my god thank gently caress, now I will finally have The Bat Man

The thing about the single player is that if it were just called "Andromeda" and were disconnected from ME, it would have probably been regarded as "a flawed but promising new RPG". Like, Andromeda is almost unilaterally more fun to play than Inquisition was (though Inquisition does have better characters) and Inquisition revived an IP that was almost entirely thought dead, it got a bunch of good DLC, and is getting a sequel.

And gently caress, now I think I have to reinstall Inquisition because I own but never played the DLC.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PureRok posted:

I'm really disappointed. I love ME, and the Quarians are my favorite race (but then, I may be biased. ~Tali~). I was looking forward to DLC about the Quarian ark, but I think this basically puts the final nail in that coffin.

I actually really like ME: A. :shrug:

It's story may not be as good as the original trilogy's, but I find it to be, overall, a much more fun game in relation to mechanics.

I'm playing Andromeda now, and I think at worst it's merely average and still better than Dragon Age: Inquisition. There's a lot to like, let down by an atrocious UI. The game really needed a few more months to polish, I think.

A shame it's seemingly killed the franchise. Following the main trilogy was always going to be a tall order and having a fallible, human protagonist like Ryder instead of Badass McJesus was never going to help.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jaal makes a respectable stab at being your space bro. The Krogan wasn't terrible either. Liam can suck dicks in hell though.

I played through the game and I enjoyed parts of it, but I think I've said before that just isn't enough coming off that trilogy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cythereal posted:

I'm playing Andromeda now, and I think at worst it's merely average and still better than Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Also keep in mind that Inquisition did well enough even without the MP mode ever taking off to get a sequel. Andromeda's MP is not doing ME3MP numbers but it is still actively being played and I'm sure is making money, which InquisitionMP never did.

Like, you wanna talk about too many pointless sidequests? Inquisition almost has more of those in the first zone than in 3 entire planets of Andromeda, and Inquisition had what, 20 or 30 zones? They were technically smaller than planets, yeah, but the planets were just lots of empty space between sidequests rather than having 5 or 6 all right next to each other.

You wanna talk about a bland antagonist and general plot? I barely even remember who the bad guys in Inquisition were, aside from "people in my way". The main villain was Cor.. Cordyceps? And I don't really remember what his deal was either.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

precision posted:

Also keep in mind that Inquisition did well enough even without the MP mode ever taking off to get a sequel. Andromeda's MP is not doing ME3MP numbers but it is still actively being played and I'm sure is making money, which InquisitionMP never did.

Like, you wanna talk about too many pointless sidequests? Inquisition almost has more of those in the first zone than in 3 entire planets of Andromeda, and Inquisition had what, 20 or 30 zones? They were technically smaller than planets, yeah, but the planets were just lots of empty space between sidequests rather than having 5 or 6 all right next to each other.

You wanna talk about a bland antagonist and general plot? I barely even remember who the bad guys in Inquisition were, aside from "people in my way". The main villain was Cor.. Cordyceps? And I don't really remember what his deal was either.

To me, the main difference between the games is that I like the cast of Andromeda for the most part - even weak links like Liam and Cora have their moments, and I enjoy the crew bonding and want to save them and the Initiative and the angara.

Inquisition is a cast of howling dickmonkeys I feel no desire to help, outside a few specific characters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well to make the direct comparisons:

Sera < Peebee
Iron Bull > Krogan Grandpa
Blackwall > Vetra
Cassandra > Cora
Emo Ghost Kid < Jaal
Solas > SAM
Dorian > Gil
Cullen > Liam

:colbert:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

precision posted:

Well to make the direct comparisons:

Sera < Peebee
Iron Bull > Krogan Grandpa
Blackwall > Vetra
Cassandra > Cora
Emo Ghost Kid < Jaal
Solas > SAM
Dorian > Gil
Cullen > Liam

:colbert:

Krogan Grandpa is good. But he's never going to beat out Iron Bull.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

If there's no equivalent of Varric/Garrus then I might as well never start this game :sigh:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Like I said Jaal takes a respectable stab at being your space bro.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I just hope the idiots stop trying to make massive environments with fetch quests everywhere.

Both series are designed to be character dramas that use the various stories as a backdrop to flesh out their personalities.
These last two favored being a horse/truck drive simulator so much that I stopped playing the SP out of boredom.

Concise set pieces (linear or near-linear) are almost always better for character dramas, same would go for the games.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Andromeda NPCs are all nice cool people, but their interactions with you are all predictably linear with each and every single one of them ending in cloyingly sycophantic ways.

I like quite a lot of Andromeda, maybe even most of it, but all companion stories ending in virtually the same ending no matter what you do is a hard line I'm drawing against it. Well, I guess you could just literally ignore a companion and they won't end up being your stalwart glass-eyed groupie. Probably. I think. Haven't tried that, so for all I know Cora or Jaal will still end up clawing at your loins even if you outright neglect them through the game. :v:

In contrast, virtually any single one of the DA:I companions -- heck, maybe even the DA:O or DA2 companions -- has more variation and conflict throughout their appearances. Having to herd your personal troupe of dickmonkeys is an RPG staple, and even then a particularly Bioware one. There's no personality in your story without that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Don't you people have a food thread for this poo poo?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought this was that thread :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

No, this is the bitching about shotguns being designed for use in cover and OH GOD WHY ARE THERE NOW 800 NEW GOLD WEAPON CARDS thread.

• Locked thread