Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't even know what this means.

"It was *all me*. ~I'm~ the genius, not them. It was MY raw animal machismo that won me the election."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Teddybear posted:

Whenever conservatives do a masturbatory meme like this, there's always some basic glaring error in--

"%38"
"%73"
"%50"

Yep, there it is.

Does the percent sign come before the number in Cyrillic?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I said elected. Of course there were some inbred kings who may have been more stupid than Trump (its a close call) but they were born into it. Or propped up on a throne by some nobles.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
He does the same thing with international diplomacy that he does with his WH staff. He's too chickenshit to do anything direct personally, so he whines and complains in the hopes someone else (China) solves the problem for him (NK).

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I am sure china will do it for the right price, 20 more contracts where the Chinese get paid 200 million/year to open a factory

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"It was *all me*. ~I'm~ the genius, not them. It was MY raw animal machismo that won me the election."

I guarantee you that in 2020 at the debates when he's asked about his biggest achievement as president, he's going to say winning the 2016 election.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Celexi posted:

I am sure china will do it for the right price, 20 more contracts where the Chinese get paid 200 million/year to open a factory

Small potatoes. Try our support in their claims in the South China Sea, pulling back support and diplomatic recognition of Taiwan, the removal of US troops from the Korean Peninsula, and our support for whatever pro China dictatorship they prop up to replace the Kim family.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Anybody post this yet?

https://twitter.com/jamaicansensatn/status/891116069682851841

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't even know what this means.

I think he is trying to take solo credit for winning, but the guy's brain is broken so anyone's guess.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The President of the United States is insulting China over Twitter.

This is not normal.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dick Trauma posted:

This is not normal.

The scary part is
That it totally is

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

This is not normal.

Remember when everyone was worried about Trump being "normalized." It's impossible because the man is such a steaming pile of shithead incompetence.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Calaveron posted:

The scary part is
That it totally is

It doesn't have to be

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

spanish king was inbred but trump is legit dumber. trump might be the dumbest human being in history.

Not by much. Charles II was retarded as hell. He could barely talk or even walk and was usually left to poo poo on himself. The Habsburgs loved their inbreeding.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Discount Dracula posted:

I think he is trying to take solo credit for winning, but the guy's brain is broken so anyone's guess.

He doesn't like it when somebody suggests he doesn't deserve his place ("very small loan" "no admission of guilt!!" etc)

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

That article seems to be quoting some tweets from some guy, who, earlier in his history, posted this, I think: http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/least-50-trump-electors-were-illegitimately-seated-electoral-college-members

Is that accurate? I can't believe it's real, since 40 electors voting illegally would have been all over the NYT and WaPo.

Edit: Wait, no, it was posted by some random person in a reply to one of his earlier tweets.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Does the percent sign come before the number in Cyrillic?
Looks like no. The only languages I can find with the percent symbol before the number are Turkish and Basque. Maybe Arabic and Hebrew too... but those are read right-to-left anyway, so not quite the same situation. Looking at some Russian documents, the % always seems to be on the right, just like in English.
Ahh, so the real reason the piss tape is such a sore subject is because Trump purchased the women in it. Don Jr will deny it by Tweeting out detailed receipts, clearly labeled "Sex Slaves."

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 30, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Right. Jesus, writers couldn't come up with poo poo that reaches this much by themselves. That's some grade A self-deception right loving there.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

PainterofCrap posted:

So we're essentially getting a fair education about what could have happened if Huey Long succeeded to the Presidency in 1936.

Yeah but the Kingfish at least had some meaningful ideas and principles, even if he was also a self-aggrandizing demagogue.

Melted_Igloo
Nov 26, 2007
I just want something anything to be rational about Trump. Something simple and easy, oh hey lets build infrastructure. A normal tweet.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Remember Pizzagate?

EVERY. SINGLE. THING. THEY. ACCUSE. OTHERS. OF.

But, hey, maybe this won't pan out. It's not like donald is friends with a known purveyor of child prostitutes, gladly admits that, and gladly admits that he knew of the guy's pedophillic tendencies when they were associates or anything…

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

That's Claude Taylor. Grain of salt, please.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

Entire shaker is needed for him and Mensch.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

No idea if this was posted already, but hilarious enough to get another go

https://twitter.com/AlmightyBoob/status/891095041027919872

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's not. 4chan is a hurricane of demented insincerity.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

I need this to be true.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Trump tweets on anything foreign policy read like the diplomacy messages from a bellicose nation you get when playing a 4X game.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Flying Leatherman posted:

Crap. Didn't see that. My bad!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Remember Pizzagate?

EVERY. SINGLE. THING. THEY. ACCUSE. OTHERS. OF.

But, hey, maybe this won't pan out. It's not like donald is friends with a known purveyor of child prostitutes, gladly admits that, and gladly admits that he knew of the guy's pedophillic tendencies when they were associates or anything…

yes that's worth a lol but I'd hesitate to believe it unless the court proceedings amount to something.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Keep that 4chan poo poo out of here please thanks

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Trump had another twitter meltdown a few hours ago. He demands another healthcare vote. Is there a way this could happen?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

Ahh, so the real reason the piss tape is such a sore subject is because Trump purchased the women in it.

Putin has joked about this in public, btw. It was in the thread earlier.

I've had many Russians tell me that pageants are understood to be tied up with prostitution / trafficing / etc in Russia.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 30, 2017

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

:getin:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hey guys, maybe this tweet with 5 likes citing a report from "the Inquistr" isn't totally on the level.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Trump had another twitter meltdown a few hours ago. He demands another healthcare vote. Is there a way this could happen?

Sure, They can put the exact same bill up for a vote. Except, they need 60 votes to overcome a filibuster now. And any democrat can submit that they intend to filibuster (they don't have to actually do it).

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

quote:

"The fact is, that every place of work, I believe has to understand the rules, the structure, the protocol, the pecking order — and follow those rules,” said the counselor who worked as one of Trump’s campaign managers.

“And again, when you’re in any place of work – Martha, you’re in yours now, I’ll be in mine again with a new chief of staff this weekend or Monday – and you have to know what the structure and the rules are and people are going to respect those,” Conway lectured. “I think it’s a really good inflection point after six months in this White House to know what the structure is and the rules and to carry forth that way.”

Y'know, if you replace "White House" with "Prison" here, it still kinda works...

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oxxidation posted:

It's not. 4chan is a hurricane of demented insincerity.

Reading /pol/ is a loving treasure trove of hilarity. So many nerds who are terrified of the prospect of going outside.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't lol at this but I can lol at the fact that every single thing Trump accuses people of is projection of his own issues. Any day now it's going to come out that he's a member of MS13

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Yes, but McConnell needs to actually have a bill that will get 50 votes, which there is no indication he is capable of creating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yes, but McConnell needs to actually have a bill that will get 50 votes, which there is no indication he is capable of creating.

Especially since McCain went home. So only 51 Republicans are around.

• Locked thread