Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I tried 11-12 once, since it's the last one I haven't completed.

I'm not sure it's worth the headache for me at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I don't really play this much anymore but I did a yolo 20 roll and got Shirtless Xander and now every time he attack he is humping his large Lilith plushie. Still this not any worse than his bunny costume.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

oliveoil posted:

Yeah, I was super excited to get Summer Corrin but now... I have (-atk) Hinoka, SCorrin at 5* and Cordelia, Michalis, and neutral-atk Cherche at less than 5*. The green ones are pretty mediocre/bad: Cherche seems good in arena and nowhere else - and would cost 60k feathers to get to that point - while Michalis is solid but merely "solid" is not something I'm going to spend 20k feathers on or inherit a 5* onto (as he's a tank, he could carry hone fliers). Hinoka is only better than mediocre because she has hone.

I wish SCorrin was red or green. I'd be using her already. If I had Palla, then I actually think I wouldn't mind having two blues (hinoka + Corrin) together.

The super secret secret way to build Cherche is to leave her at 4* and merge her into a perfect IV version 10 times, which admittedly costs ~20k feathers in easy to pay instalments. Since she needs an inherited weapon, there's no benefit to upgrading her to 5*.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how i can have nine ests and catrias but zero shannas i will never know

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Are any of the new summer banner units really worth pulling for?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

surf rock posted:

SCorrin is a better BCamilla and at least one of them is essential to flier emblem

SXander has an insane skill

SElise is a slightly worse Nino

SLeo is there

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

surf rock posted:

I assume you mean the ones from the Nohrian Summer banner. FCorrin is really, really nice for Flier Emblem but a bit meh on regular teams. Xander has a great C skill but as a unit he isn't that good. Elise is good, but at this point we have so many green mages and Nino is still available at 3 stars. Leo seems kind of mediocre right now - his stats are similar to Julia's, but she has a much better weapon and green is a better color for a magic tank.

... that is if you're pulling based on how strong these units are. FCorrin is worth pulling for just for her artwork if you ask me, it's really pretty.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Eirika one of those characters that's only good at 5*s

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Eirika one of those characters that's only good at 5*s

Yes, she needs her weapon. It also takes a while to get used to the fact that she's weirdly tanky and just not very good at killing things

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

surf rock posted:

Pretty much everyone but leo brings something big to the table
Xander has a bonkers skill
Corrin is one of two flying ranged units in the game and the only one currently available fro drawing
Elise makes raising all of those better green mages people keep mentioning easier with gtome valor, only available on her.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Isn't Xander's new skill just like the Quickened Pulse seal? I have that but idk what unit is best to put it on.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Murderion posted:

The super secret secret way to build Cherche is to leave her at 4* and merge her into a perfect IV version 10 times, which admittedly costs ~20k feathers in easy to pay instalments. Since she needs an inherited weapon, there's no benefit to upgrading her to 5*.

But green is a color with awful fodder and no units that I want to get, so I'm not going to pull it nearly enough times to make it even halfway to that point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

oliveoil posted:

But green is a color with awful fodder and no units that I want to get, so I'm not going to pull it nearly enough times to make it even halfway to that point.

I would love a billion batres and lancebreakers

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

surf rock posted:

Isn't Xander's new skill just like the Quickened Pulse seal? I have that but idk what unit is best to put it on.

Yes but it works for the entire team (as long as they're infantry and have less hp than him).

And it stacks with Quickened Pulse.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

surf rock posted:

not quite. Its at the start of every turn, not every map if its tooltip is to be believed.
Second it happens to all infantry units with lower health, not just the guy with it equipped

So if you stick it on the highest hp dude of an all infantry team you could charge everyone's special before engaging the enemy and obliterate them in moments.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

not quite. Its at the start of every turn, not every map if its tooltip is to be believed.

The tooltip says "start of turn 1" so this is not true.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Retcon posted:

FCorrin is worth pulling for just for her artwork if you ask me, it's really pretty.

Yeah we know why you like the artwork buddy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that looked a lot more filthy than buttcrack

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wait how is she holding her book

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah we know why you like the artwork buddy.

You know, I just noticed her book is upside down in that artwork.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

TheKingofSprings posted:

You'd want that Firesweep lance on someone else even if he was good, it's way too good a weapon for the kind of unit Roderick is (a mediocre one)

Oh, well that makes me feel better about his poo poo IV, thanks. Is there any particular lance user that wants his weapon?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Adel posted:

Oh, well that makes me feel better about his poo poo IV, thanks. Is there any particular lance user that wants his weapon?
Cordelia is probably the best unit to give the Firesweep Lance to because of her 35/35 offensive stat spread. Summer Robin is also pretty good with it. You need a lot of attack and speed on a unit if you want them to use the lance effectively because otherwise a Brave Lance build is stronger. Brave Lance might just be better in general, honestly, but the Firesweep Lance build is fun to use and it lets you get around Vantage. People loooove putting Vantage on everything in arena.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Boey died for this

Boey died so I could have a triple-Tiki defense team

(not pictured: the quickened pulse seal that means if she survives a round somehow she'll have a vantage bonfire ready)

Yo if the fourth on your Tiki squad is a Delthea I'm pretty sure I just ran into it.

It died entirely unremarkably.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

that looked a lot more filthy than buttcrack

Long as it's not showing its A-OK

E: the book is upside down because she passed it from one hand to another, probably so it wouldn't get damaged by whatever is attacking

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 30, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Adel posted:

Peri, Cordelia, literally anyone with mobility that hits fast and hard and is made of tissue paper

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
god, I can't wait for the rate change up. I don't think I had ever gotten a new character that isn't from a 5*. Just piles of 3* and 4* from the beginning of the game.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Me too. I just got a full deck of 3*s.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cattail Prophet posted:

Yo if the fourth on your Tiki squad is a Delthea I'm pretty sure I just ran into it.

It died entirely unremarkably.

It is, and I'm not surprised

e: do you remember how many points I gave?

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 30, 2017

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

What units are good with the Wo Dao? Pulled a bad IV Karel to melt for his sword.

Red Swords I have at 5 stars are Alfonse, Eirika (+Atk -Res), Xander, Ryoma, Caeda (+Atk -Spd) and Hana (+Spd -Def, has a Brave build already). Would it be good for Caeda, or should I try to build a Wo Dao Hana?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Retcon posted:

You know, I just noticed her book is upside down in that artwork.

So air bubbles sink in water? Sounds legit.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
+ATK Hana want Wo Dao+. Eirika, Xander and Ryoma want to keep their default swords. Alphonse too, with the exception of a Brave Sword build. Caeda, I guess but she'll still be trash. With all the Flier Emblem talk, Palla makes good use of it of you have one with good IVs.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ok so in my continual quest to pull More Olwens Forever i am now up to Olwen+4Olwen+5 potentially but i am at a crossroads because I can either have a +ATK/-RES Olwen or a +SPD/-RES Olwen and im not sure which is better overall

MotU fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 30, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

It is, and I'm not surprised

e: do you remember how many points I gave?

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I think it was a 686.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

+ATK Hana want Wo Dao+. Eirika, Xander and Ryoma want to keep their default swords. Alphonse too, with the exception of a Brave Sword build. Caeda, I guess but she'll still be trash. With all the Flier Emblem talk, Palla makes good use of it of you have one with good IVs.
Hmm, I'll save it then for a good pull. The only Palla I've ever gotten was the free, neutral IV one so probably not her.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

I only have the freebie neutral Palla she is not worthy of Wo Dao :saddowns:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

MotU posted:

ok so in my continual quest to pull More Olwens Forever i am now up to Olwen+4Olwen+5 potentially but i am at a crossroads because I can either have a +ATK/-RES Olwen or a +SPD/-RES Olwen and im not sure which is better overall

+speed. Give her darting blow, and desperation and she can do a mounted quad build. Olwen is in a 4 way tie for fastest cavalry unit

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gensuki posted:

+speed. Give her darting blow, and desperation and she can do a mounted quad build. Olwen is in a 4 way tie for fastest cavalry unit

i already mushed a Hana onto her for L&D3

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I got a -atk +spd Ninian gunning for Scorrin, so I have a dancer I want to use finally, I have a spare 5* Nowi for Lightning Breath, anything else that's important on her?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I got a -atk +spd Ninian gunning for Scorrin, so I have a dancer I want to use finally, I have a spare 5* Nowi for Lightning Breath, anything else that's important on her?

Triangle adept would be good. She's going to have big problems killing anything without it (Honestly, she might have trouble killing people even with it).

-ATK Ninian has 32 ATK with Lightning Breath+ equipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Maybe if they ever release an easier way to get Water boost I could make her a pretty good Res tank, 42 HP is better than pretty much every nuke mage, and with 36 speed its hard to double her. Right now though I can burn my last spare Roy for TA, at least.