Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jeff Cobb can't get any love :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

War Machine is an ROH tag team, not the MMA attempted murderer.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Aphrodite posted:

War Machine is an ROH tag team, not the MMA attempted murderer.

But does WWE know that?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But does WWE know that?

Yes. That's why they put them on this list.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But does WWE know that?

Yes

Gotta have some new teams to break up randomly

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

LOL is this the same War Machine sentenced to life imprisonment?

The sad thing is that even in the best timeline wherein Omega somehow ends up in WWE, a roster of him, Nakamura, AJ, Owens, Zayn, Balor, Itami, Cena, Rollins, Samoa Joe will still be booked like poo poo while we get infinite Roman v. Lesnar matches until the heat death of the universe

how is that the best timeline then lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

how is that the best timeline then lmao

Then
Now
Forever

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

WWE recently sent a survey out to fans on their mailing list earlier today, seeking input into which talents who are not currently on the WWE roster that fans consider their favorites. The names were all from GFWM ROH, New Japan and Lucha Underground, including The Young Bucks, Tiger Mask, Fenix, The Briscoes, Santana, KUSHIDA, The Mac, Ethan Carter (EC3 obviously), Pentagon Dark, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hangman Page, Sienna, Taya, Kelly Klein, Marty Scurll Deonna Purrazzo, Ortiz, Will Osprey (sic), Son of Havoc, Killshot, Kenny King, War Machine, Lashley, Angelia (sic) Love, Jushin Thunder Liger, Mil Muertes, Tetsuya Naito, Texano, and Zack Sabre Jr.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Despite my desire to wear "Los Ingobernables de Estados Unidos" gear, I have to assume the WWE would criminally misuse Naito. So can I instead have a list of 'which gimmicks would you like us to rip off?'

And also 'who's moves should we steal?'

also list does not include toru yano, list is a mess and a waste :sad:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

more roman/lesnar, the best wrestlemania main event of all time, matches sounds like a great timeline to me personally

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

When they say Tiger Mask do they mean Tiger Mask W (Ibushi) or Tiger Mask iv.

Please let them hire the wrong Tiger Mask.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

We're not picky. Anyone whose mask looks like a tiger.

Tiger Mark W, Tiger Mask IV, King, Armor King, Armor King II. Whatever you got.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'd love if Ibushi saying no to them became an annual tradition

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Honestly, if I were Bayley right now, I'd be petitioning hard to Vince to let her go back down to NXT where she was well written and not used badly. Same with Finn.

e: wrong thread, but w/e, this counts as a spoiler I guess

Dave on the next Superstar Shakeup posted:

Another aspect being talked about is to send one or more wrestlers from the main roster to NXT. Names in particular would be people who were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply isn’t going to push even if they are over, or people who are doing nothing on the main roster with the idea they could be more useful as major players on NXT.

Chris James 2 posted:

Hope Tye enjoyed the little time on actual TV he had. He gets sent back to NXT, he's never coming back up

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 28, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wear the Tiger Mask, Bayley

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Venomous posted:

Honestly, if I were Bayley right now, I'd be petitioning hard to Vince to let her go back down to NXT where she was well written and not used badly. Same with Finn.

Bayley has unfinished business with Asuka, and maybe Ember Moon so she would make some sense. Finn, though, he really doesn't have anything of note with anyone still in NXT except for Hideo, and who knows if KENTA won't just go back to Japan once his contract runs out, or retire altogether and go back to Japan.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

At least if you're a guy being misused on the main roster you have options outside of the company. If you're Bayley where else can you go for a decent pay day?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Skinty McEdger posted:

At least if you're a guy being misused on the main roster you have options outside of the company. If you're Bayley where else can you go for a decent pay day?

Probably the same places.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Unless NJPW starts booking women I don't see how that's true. GFW is pretty small-time, ROH is in a slump and Sinclair keeps the purse strings tight even when they do good business, LU is on perpetual life support and now has a toxic rep for talent relations. Has PWG booked women beyond the Ryan / Candace tag team?

Not to mention that even if WWE has eased up a little on their intergender moratorium, they'd still have Bayley / Sasha at a disadvantage for renegotiation if there's tape of them bumping for Hernandez or whoever. Maybe they'd take a big pay cut to try and draw crowds for SHINE. But it's hard to imagine them getting the sort of broad-based indie coronations that Cody got, despite fostering more enthusiasm than Cody ever has or will.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 29, 2017

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Where's BONE SOLDIER?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in my rear end

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
How the gently caress do you make a guy the first ever universal champion then maybe possibly send him back to developmental?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bloodysabbath posted:

How the gently caress do you make a guy the first ever universal champion then maybe possibly send him back to developmental?

Has anyone actually said he's one of the names being suggested? I think this is people just assuming. Stupidly.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My sources indicate Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Samoa Joe are all going back to NXT. HHH is staging a coup and taking his boys home to build NXT as the new #1 brand. They'll be getting a time slot on SYFY network. You heard it here first.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has anyone actually said he's one of the names being suggested? I think this is people just assuming. Stupidly.

Never assumed poo poo, just said that it's something he might want to consider since he'll never be pushed towards the main event again while Vince is alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, w/r/t Bayley, wasn't her thing that she didn't want to move to the main roster in the first place b/c she didn't want her character to be ruined? I dunno.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hmm yes I'm sure Finn Balor would love to take a pay cut and get moved off cable television (which he's on every week, main event or no) to go gently caress around in Florida armory halls again.

Despite what Hunter would have you believe, NXT is still developmental and main roster guys going down is a demotion, no two ways about it. Very few people will be happy doing that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

Also, w/r/t Bayley, wasn't her thing that she didn't want to move to the main roster in the first place b/c she didn't want her character to be ruined? I dunno.

She's publicly said "I miss NXT" more than everyone else combined has said it post-callup. Some fans/most goons are just really hesitant to put 2 and 2 together

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The main reason I said the Finn thing is stupid is I'd almost toxx on him being back in the main event scene within the next few months. Brock is really jamming that scene up and it won't be as much of an issue soon.

Or they move Finn to SD and he's at the top of the card there. People are mistaking placeholder feuds for a depush.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Given how much merch they produce for Balor, I assume he moved a good amount and as such, they likely wouldn't move him to something less watched.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Brock is really jamming that scene up and it won't be as much of an issue soon.

Nah dude, Roman just needs one more WrestleMania Moment (tm) and people will finally love him

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The main reason I said the Finn thing is stupid is I'd almost toxx on him being back in the main event scene within the next few months. Brock is really jamming that scene up and it won't be as much of an issue soon.

Or they move Finn to SD and he's at the top of the card there. People are mistaking placeholder feuds for a depush.

These are both fair and valid points and I'd actually love to see WWE Champion Finn Bálor at some point.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The kind of people going to NXT would be Apollo and Emma, not Finn and Bayley.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

Nah dude, Roman just needs one more WrestleMania Moment (tm) and people will finally love him

I don't know if you're joking but Brock is legit leaving sooner than later. Certainly before Mania.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

And some of the 205ers to make space for newer cast members.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Jubs posted:

rovert posted:

Super confused how this was possible for people to misunderstand, but here we are.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Hopefully Brian Kendrick can go away and be a coach instead of having matches where he wins with a loving headlock

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully Brian Kendrick can go away and be a coach instead of having matches where he wins with a loving headlock

a former wwe champion lends the division some credibility

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm sure Finn will be kept on the main roster because he sells merch, but he probably won't do very much because they probably view him like Bray as already being over so they don't have to try with him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't know if you're joking but Brock is legit leaving sooner than later. Certainly before Mania.

Doesn't his contract run out the day after Mania?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
His contract is over the day after Mania but I think he's gonna try to fight before that.

At the very least I am almost totally certain that unless it happens very very soon, we're never gonna get Brock putting over Roman in a singles match.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 30, 2017