Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Then why when me and glut asked iamkale for the bot source he told us we couldn't have it. ONLY the stuff you linked with is a small part of it the SA auth source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Forge I'll sell you a slot in a management conference for $99. You even get a free t-shirt!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kimsemus posted:

tbh you're not a moron for calling me out but I'm also not wrapped up in anything, I just want to kill mans with the mans who want to kill mans with me

also I didn't know you wanted GDN source code, it's never been hidden from anyone, you can source any of the stuff from the auth system itself that applies the bot so again :confuoot:

he's not posting the source for the bot that actually has admin rights in discord's to do whatever (we dont know because they wont reveal the source)

tempus is posting the auth system code of the operation only

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

Then why when me and glut asked iamkale for the bot source he told us we couldn't have it. ONLY the stuff you linked with is a small part of it the SA auth source.

Not to be crass, but because you're two paranoid randos from the internet and GDN is an actual work product

an actual work product that supplies a massive, organized discord network and bot support for thousands of people for absolutely nothing in return

and yet that is the hill you two are choosing to die on.

it's like 3000 people from the most paranoid EVE organization ever use it without complaint, we have game developers on it, a dozen or so gaming orgs on it, special interest groups, etc

but you two are worried about us using a hidden code to find your digital carrots in an isometric pvp game

:sad:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

it seems simple to me though, glutt asked yall not to push the unverified bot and GDN but tempus did it anyways (with or without your involvement, kim) and cap esc is not allowed to play with us

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Worlds Adrift.. still not using it. Guess I'm not the only paranoid one. Also post full source not just the auth. Until then spyware.

Edit: I also don't want the edited source which you'll manage to wrangle up 3 days from now either that been edited.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

it seems simple to me though, glutt asked yall not to push the unverified bot and GDN but tempus did it anyways (with or without your involvement, kim) and cap esc is not allowed to play with us

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

That's not why, here you go:

https://pastebin.com/vnzZBDcL

We're not playing with you guys because I told gluttony we're not going to play with you guys

Blazing you're a cool dude 99% of the time but please stop flat out lying. Also, TT never spammed the discord thing, some dude in the guild did without either of us knowing so :v:

forge posted:

Worlds Adrift.. still not using it. Guess I'm not the only paranoid one. Also post full source not just the auth. Until then spyware.

Your concern that our system is spyware is duly noted, I guess literally the ~10,000 or so unique users we have had the wool pulled over their eyes :tinfoil:

if only we could have fooled you too

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Blazing you're a cool dude 99% of the time but please stop flat out lying. Also, TT never spammed the discord thing, some dude in the guild did without either of us knowing so :v:

this is a flat out lie too because we saw tempus coaching quickswipe before he jumped into AC mumble selling his 'discord for the line alliance member' stuff

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

That's not why, here you go:

https://pastebin.com/vnzZBDcL

We're not playing with you guys because I told gluttony we're not going to play with you guys

Your concern that our system is spyware is duly noted, I guess literally the ~10,000 or so unique users we have had the wool pulled over their eyes :tinfoil:

if only we could have fooled you too

Wow the lies kim. You lied when you told Glut poo poo about your history in chat. And your lying again now. Your not playing with us because glut went and clicked the kick guild button from the alliance. Then TT came back and msged me this morning saying he wanted an invite which I've already posted in the thread.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Beta really hasn't ended yet, has it.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Tempus Thales posted:

Look at this Cupcake talking out of his rear end without knowing poo poo. I'll have you know that GDN has been open source from the day we built it 3yrs ago...

You can grab the code off:

http://auth.everythingisgoon.com

Github: https://github.com/MasterKale/GoonAuth2

forge
Feb 26, 2006
[quote="Kimsemus" post="474855888"

[/quote]

Keep up, is the thread moving to quickly for your lies?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the funny part is instead of all this mental gymnastics defending of shady software, all they have to do to clear it up is post the source

post the source

forge
Feb 26, 2006
True story, Kimsemus told Gluttony that he was kicked out of Goonfleet because of AO. Then told him that it was me and blazing vs him and TT and Dodgin and 2dcat agreed with them. 2dcat can you imagine that???

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Blazing Zero posted:

the funny part is instead of all this mental gymnastics defending of shady software, all they have to do to clear it up is post the source

post the source

So are we afraid that a discord bot is somehow a part of the PL spy apparatus or what?

Because I'm confused as poo poo as to why anyone cares about a chat bot right now.

E:

forge posted:

True story, Kimsemus told Gluttony that he was kicked out of Goonfleet because of AO.

:laffo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

True story, Kimsemus told Gluttony that he was kicked out of Goonfleet because of AO. Then told him that it was me and blazing vs him and TT and Dodgin and 2dcat agreed with them. 2dcat can you imagine that???

yes

I have always been super secretive about why I was kicked from goonfleet, if only there was some function for looking at my post history and go back to all the AA drama, or where I was shitposting mittens directly in the EVE thread 6 months ago, alas, no one knows the truth and I haven't shitposted about it whenever I thought I could get a laugh about it. if only a huge portion of this community wasn't here to witness it. now it's all out in the open

also the GDN auth bot is spyware

I know where all your horse farms are

once again you have proven that playing MMO HMO GOTY 2017 is more fun than any MMO lead by goons

follow through with your threat and try to get me banned from AO now please

don't stop this train

forge is here to drop those hot truth bombs :smugdon:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 30, 2017

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

:thunk:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I think y'all should just kiss so we can get back to grinding digital carrots or whatever but you guys do you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I think it's because the servers were down today.

I also take my job very seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
This thread is on fire, great posts all around everyone!

Also if you want to come kill mans and have fun I can help you have fun. Fun is good and should be had in games. Join Awful Company for an Awfully Great Time!

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
lol it's been almost four months since anyone's asked me to view GDNBot's source code. If they had asked I'd have tried to make it happen. Honestly it sits in a private Bitbucket repo and I haven't open-sourced it because it's basically a wrapper got GoonAuth 2 that I wrote as well to help auth people against the forums. The source code for that is here, btw, if you want to check it out:

https://github.com/MasterKale/GoonAuth2

Hit me up on Discord if you want to talk more about it, I'm IAmKale#0023

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tempus Thales posted:

Sad to see people who played together in World's Adrift with such dedication and teamwork effectiveness and tearing each other apart because of a fatty that doesn't know how to lead.

I'd downsize AC, kick the Fatman and the 1000 retards in EQMS and run a lithe group with the best Goons in-game... Forge is not perfect but he is not a bad leader, but the Fatman is a homophobic racist fat gently caress that doesn't respect anyone and instead of unifying Goon nation it's shredding it apart.

That's all I have to say.

please dont fat shame

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

IAmKale posted:

lol it's been almost four months since anyone's asked me to view GDNBot's source code. If they had asked I'd have tried to make it happen. Honestly it sits in a private Bitbucket repo and I haven't open-sourced it because it's basically a wrapper got GoonAuth 2 that I wrote as well to help auth people against the forums. The source code for that is here, btw, if you want to check it out:

Literally asked for this about 2 weeks ago. I recommended to Glut to not install anything without being able to see the source code. I then asked for it and got no for an answer, so I recommended to hold off on it.

That's the story and it took about 5 minutes to happen but holy cow these past 2 pages :eyepop:

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

it's more like they focused faming up wearing gear and not anything else, got their poo poo taken by money guild aka red alliance and had an internal leadership schism plus some theft. the leftover officers of war legend re-organized and handed alliance leadership to glutt and pledged to follow him

Seems fair. And a good promising start to alliance shenanigans.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

So how about someone posts the current meta gvg / zvz friendly builds?

justwright
Oct 13, 2012
Auth request
In game: jotaro420
discord: Dougie Jones#0841

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ruggan posted:

So how about someone posts the current meta gvg / zvz friendly builds?

Read the announcements from rear end in a top hat posts in discord.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

IAmKale posted:

Wow totally not true. Dodgin asked for the source and you told him he couldn't have it because it was some secret sauce that you didnt want out there.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Takes about 0 effort to add someone to a private bitbucket repo amd you can keep it private.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

This thread is on fire, great posts all around everyone!

Also if you want to come kill mans and have fun I can help you have fun. Fun is good and should be had in games. Join Awful Company for an Awfully Great Time!

not empty quotin

if you want to do small gang (2-5) poo poo and are already in AC/alliance pm blazing zero in discord any time and i gotchu

e: just incase anyone doubted my tablet mmo resume

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 30, 2017

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

forge posted:

Wow totally not true. Dodgin asked for the source and you told him he couldn't have it because it was some secret sauce that you didnt want out there.
Hit me up on Discord again, I'm not sure who you are there

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

LegionAreI posted:

I don't know why people are getting overly upset, every goon guild in pvp-oriented games has this exact thing happen.

This isn't true. This only happens when rules and guidelines aren't set from the beginning.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Blackdog420 posted:

This isn't true. This only happens when rules and guidelines aren't set from the beginning.

It would probably help the guild look way more organized if the OP had more info in it. "Our guild lives here, this is the current plan (until we change it in an hour), here's some basic poo poo about PvP, ask these people about discord/mumble access until we get something better sorted, etc".

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 30, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Are there any ways to power gain reputation? My buddies and I committed a little cold light hearted banditry today but just a few murders was enough to undo the previous 10 days of rep gain. It's obviously not sustainable as is without locking us out of cities, but we have not been trying to get rep nor are we even certain how it is gained beyond a nebulous "kill mobs, do expeditions".

Any way to power that up or is the Way of the Bandit just a long an arduous one?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Are there any ways to power gain reputation? My buddies and I committed a little cold light hearted banditry today but just a few murders was enough to undo the previous 10 days of rep gain. It's obviously not sustainable as is without locking us out of cities, but we have not been trying to get rep nor are we even certain how it is gained beyond a nebulous "kill mobs, do expeditions".

Any way to power that up or is the Way of the Bandit just a long an arduous one?

You can grind mobs on royal continent or just wait it out, takes 1-3 days depending on how naughty you are. Just pk in black until then

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Tempus Thales posted:

Look at this Cupcake talking out of his rear end without knowing poo poo. I'll have you know that GDN has been open source from the day we built it 3yrs ago...

You can grab the code off:

http://auth.everythingisgoon.com

Github: https://github.com/MasterKale/GoonAuth2

Holy gently caress this is the bot people were pissed about...this poo poo is used on 50 discord servers and has been open source for years.

AC's system is much better, you join a discord and have to message people who work in shifts (lol) to see all the other discord channels. Then download mumble and get authed again by the same people working in shifts.

I love manual systems.

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 30, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I looked into it myself because I'm getting annoyed at the same thing being posted repeatedly, but I also don't see where that does anything but return whether someone's SA profile exists and whether the hash that is generated and supposed to be put into the profile is correct, which is not the part that concerns people.

I don't see how it's supposed to interact with discord or the calling program/input in there, which I believe was the part in question when this was linked several times before.

E: Might have to do with how discord bots are programmed, looking at it at the moment.

E2: Yeah, I'm not seeing where the command prefix or command names or other chat handlers like that are defined.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 30, 2017

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Wow some good reading in this thread :coffeepal:

I've seen so many gatherers complain about it being dead boring to gather all the time and all this talk about it being good to gather to be self-sufficient to at least T4 is bullshit imo. Just supply yourself from the AH. If you're so dead bored of gathering then why do it? For the guild? You won't be much help to the guild if you'll quit soon just because the game isn't fun for you, right?

Just grind out expeditions or dungeons in blue/yellow with a regular Bow until you get to T3 (T4 preferably) with it and then hit up black zones and do solo chest runs in T6 zones. There's a good video by Forge/Blazing pinned in Discord I think that shows you how it works in a group. You can do it solo with a bow though and even if you, like me, only login every now and then and do an hour or so of play you can easily make a 100,000 silver profit or more this way and it will keep increasing the better you get at it and the better gear you can use (cus the chest farming also gives an okayish amount of fame). If enough people want I can make a guide on how to do that. So if you are okay with leveling up your Bow to at least T4 you can solo farm nice amounts of silver or just get a group in discord/guild chat/mumble if you're too scared to try yourself. Sure if your main weapon isn't a bow and you're lazy this might not sound super appealing but it's worth it and you can still make decent silver if you duo it and in a duo any two weapons is fine.

Replacing a T4 gear set and a T3 horse is easy too so if you get a few chests while you're out there you have made enough to make a profit. Sometimes I suicided just to get a free port back to Caerleon because I was lazy and the silver loss doesn't matter. If the guild is at 90% tax you're obviously a bit hosed though but since all you need to do the farming easily is a T4 bow maybe just make an alt and say gently caress the guild tax (am I getting kicked for this post? Let's wait and see).

You don't have to ship stuff out to the black zones that we'll inevitably lose just base yourself out of Caerleon or whatever it's called. Keep your stuff there, buy stuff you need from AH there and start working on your personal island because it can also be turned into a real nice money printer for you eventually. There's no need to have repair stations and AH's out in black like that FileNotFound guy was complaining about. It's a few minutes ride to wherever you wanna go in Black after taking the realm gate in Caerleon. Just go out into black when you wanna farm and keep your pk'ing in Red because it's way more active and easier to find constant pray and that's also a neat source of silver.

If you have any questions hit me up in a PM or something don't wanna derail this salt avalance happening in the last few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
Running chests again today and killing dudes with a friend.

We won two 2v2 fights and a 2v3 while we were out there. The 2v3 one of the guys was wearing full 4.2 gear and selling that net us a nice chunk of coins.

Did not die once today and we feel like we are getting very good at small man engagements. All this drama is hilarious and easily ignored if you just find a friend and play the game. :toot:

https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/2612389