Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Here a list of 10 reasons its making people go crazy. Number 7 will shock you.

I would like one reason. Any reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/cA9leF5.mp4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cuntaloupe.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

The most interesting part of WH40K lore is that it's so far into the future that technology which are commonplace today are lost or forgotten since (in the setting) millennia ago.

Then there's the Dreadnought which has a dead space marine in a coffin inside that is controlling the Dreadnought with its soul or whatever.

And hey let's put a tactical cathedral on this giant mecha. 40K is so dumb. I love it.

Isnt the emperor literally Jesus too? As in, he was jesus and lived all the 40k years. At least they're believing in a real deity there

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

nerdz posted:

Isnt the emperor literally Jesus too? As in, he was jesus and lived all the 40k years. At least they're believing in a real deity there

The Emperor was several people across history, trying to nudge humanity into greatness.

He eventually revealed himself and took over as Emperor, but at no point did he ever want worship because he knew that fed the Chaos deities. So he and his Space Marines were militant atheists.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tag ur gore plz

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Your Computer posted:

but does it know what's good?

Gahaha thank you for this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Saw this on reddit and immediately thought of you artist wizards in this thread

I can't see anything but a lady with quad-leg-arms

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/wsCD1Eq.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Jul 29, 2017

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

The grass is always greener on the otter side.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pinnacle of evolution

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Cuntaloupe.

I prefer my Cuntaloupe seedless.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

RaspberryCommie posted:

The Emperor was several people across history, trying to nudge humanity into greatness.

He eventually revealed himself and took over as Emperor, but at no point did he ever want worship because he knew that fed the Chaos deities. So he and his Space Marines were militant atheists.

Yeah, but in hammering home the atheist argument, he left his entire species vulnerable to the Chaos Gods. Instead of saying "look, here's some things that might as well be literal Gods, but here's how to deal with them", he decided to enforce a strict "NO THESE THINGS DON'T EXIST" policy. The irony is that firm belief in something repels the fuckers to one degree or another, but noooooo, don't tell the people you supposedly care about that.

As over-the-top and grimdark 40k lore is, I've always appreciated it for the nugget of innate tragedy and sadness to it. Things across the galaxy are long past their near-utopian heights, getting ever worse, and most of it could've been avoided.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Jul 30, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A whole lot of heresy in this thread.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

A whole lot of heresy in this thread.

:commissar:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The Emperor was basically a fedora wearing atheist with a god complex (but absolutely NOT a god). Hes basically a greek tragedy in how what he wanted was ruined by his own hubris.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

RagnarokAngel posted:

The Emperor was basically a fedora wearing atheist with a god complex (but absolutely NOT a god). Hes basically a greek tragedy in how what he wanted was ruined by his own hubris

Plus, he was a terrible, terrible father. Son doubting himself? Sorry, I'm a trillion miles away on Earth, and my cell signal is poo poo. Another son refuses to join you? Bombard his home planet, surely that won't be an issue down the line. Another son using forbidden techniques to warn you that half your sons are rebelling? Take issue with the way the message was delivered, ignore the actual message.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I heart Papa Nurgle. Gonna pop pimples in Heaven.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

Another son using forbidden techniques to warn you that half your sons are rebelling? Take issue with the way the message was delivered, ignore the actual message.

The Emperor was an idiot and a dick, but that's not a great example. He had banned Psychic powers, and then Magnus does one of the biggest feats of Psyker power by projecting his own mind across the galaxy through the Webway to Terra, without really any understanding of what he was doing. And when he gets to Terra, he rips through the nascent portal there and destroys it. Remember that the Emperor had withdrawn from the Great Crusade so that he could focus completely on mastering the Webway because doing so would free humanity from Warp travel, uniting the Empire forever and greatly reducing it's exposure to Chaos. Then Magnus comes in, destroys the portal, destroys all the machinery to make the portal and the greatest scientific minds that the Emperor had gathered there to build the portal. Also in destroying the portal Magnus created a rip in space on Terra, so the Emperor could neither start all over again or return to the Great Crusade, he had to dedicate his entire focus to battling Chaos and holding reality closed so that Terra wouldn't become a new miniature Eye of Terror. And Magnus didn't really even manage to warn the Emperor. He just smashed through in a storm of psychic power, realizes that he's destroyed his father's grand vision of a united human galaxy, maybe manages to squeak out a little "Uh,, dad, Horus is up to something, there's some problems brewing, watch out for Horus" and then his strength gives out and his soul flies back to his body

Yeah, if the Emperor had told Magnus about Chaos and the Webway none of that would've happened in the first place, but still. Magnus hosed up.

Guy Goodbody has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Jul 30, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

We're still doing funny pictures in here, right?

From the book Christian Boys Problems by Bertrand Williams, 1943.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

http://i.imgur.com/kqMthOf.gifv

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Emperor was an idiot and a dick, but that's not a great example. He had banned Psychic powers, and then Magnus does one of the biggest feats of Psyker power by projecting his own mind across the galaxy through the Webway to Terra, without really any understanding of what he was doing. And when he gets to Terra, he rips through the nascent portal there and destroys it. Remember that the Emperor had withdrawn from the Great Crusade so that he could focus completely on mastering the Webway because doing so would free humanity from Warp travel, uniting the Empire forever and greatly reducing it's exposure to Chaos. Then Magnus comes in, destroys the portal, destroys all the machinery to make the portal and the greatest scientific minds that the Emperor had gathered there to build the portal. Also in destroying the portal Magnus created a rip in space on Terra, so the Emperor could neither start all over again or return to the Great Crusade, he had to dedicate his entire focus to battling Chaos and holding reality closed so that Terra wouldn't become a new miniature Eye of Terror. And Magnus didn't really even manage to warn the Emperor. He just smashed through in a storm of psychic power, realizes that he's destroyed his father's grand vision of a united human galaxy, maybe manages to squeak out a little "Uh,, dad, Horus is up to something, there's some problems brewing, watch out for Horus" and then his strength gives out and his soul flies back to his body

Yeah, if the Emperor had told Magnus about Chaos and the Webway none of that would've happened in the first place, but still. Magnus hosed up.

If the Emperor had taken just ten minutes out of every day to write his sons a note and tell them he loved them everything would have been fine. Everything is awful because he's a poo poo father.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
[quote="“Zamboni_Rodeo”" post="“474856200”"]

[/quote]

Ah, before we knew about crystal technology

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Now I want to know what he thought about blood donation. :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nofap used to be a lot less enthusiastic

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Now I want to know what he thought about blood donation. :(

If those soldiers wanted their blood so bad maybe they shouldn't have been shot?

They aren't getting my precious bodily fluids!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dreddout posted:

The sterilization bit yeah, but the brainwashing pheremons bit is from an official book.

It was written from the point of view of an Imperial xenologists, for an Inquisitor. So he still might have made the pheremons up in-universe for whatever reason. :iiam:

The pheromone stuff has been in since the very first Tau codex, they didn't add it in after the fact.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
How about some funny pictures for the 99% of us who don't give a gently caress about this stupid Warhammer bullshit?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*adds Doctor Jackstraw to FutureSAUsernames.txt*

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Saw this on reddit and immediately thought of you artist wizards in this thread

I can't see anything but a lady with quad-leg-arms

You know what I think that's more this type of situation:

E:

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Also there seem to be a lot of problems that you just don't have if you're not Christian. I never considered that.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Data Graham posted:

Dibs on Abnormal Drug Trafficker.
Ooh, and my avatar will be the Abby Normal brain from Young Frankenstein with the text, "This is your brain on drugs."

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Data Graham posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
Because of the 9/11 attacks, the episode "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" was pulled from syndication, as the episode centered on Homer waiting by the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. When the episode returned from being banned, some prints cut out all the scenes of Homer at the Twin Towers, making the episode incoherent and very short. Other syndicated prints just edit out the line, "Sorry, they stick all the jerks in Tower One" and cut out the part where after Homer finally finds a bathroom in the second tower, he screams after seeing his car get towed (though that may have been a typical syndication cut — the kind where parts considered superfluous or too long are cut to make room for commercials). The original uncut episode is on the season nine DVD (with commentary from the writers on how the episode is now in bad taste thanks to 9/11, but it still has its moments that have stood the test of time). In the United Kingdom, this episode was planned to air on BBC Two for the first time on 28 September 2001, but ultimately was never shown on the BBC at all. Channel 4 (who won the rights to terrestrial broadcasts of the show from the BBC) and Sky One have both broadcast a censored version that removes as much of the Twin Towers as possible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!