Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Make it happen DE.

https://imgur.com/J30RSGg

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

wid posted:

Which reminds me to give note on the Tonkor: in Defense, especially against Infested, don't bother trying to aim and hit the enemies. Just target the pod and hit it, causing the explosion. Then just press the trigger every 2 seconds.

Or trick out Zephyr with enough weapon flight speed so Tonkor shells exploded on contact with anything.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

is Inaros any good? I remembered to go visit Baro while he's here and i had enough to buy the blueprint for the quest for Inaros after liquidating my spare Prime blueprints.

I mean, I bought it already, I just don't have many warframe slots here.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Absolutely fantastic tank frame and even has some decent CC.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zereth posted:

is Inaros any good? I remembered to go visit Baro while he's here and i had enough to buy the blueprint for the quest for Inaros after liquidating my spare Prime blueprints.

I mean, I bought it already, I just don't have many warframe slots here.

I don't have him, but I remember people in this very thread saying he was one of the best frames in game when he first came out. Not sure if that still holds true.

also re: explosive weapons, hikous with concealed explosives are fun

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He's very good for unlearning the bad habits playing as Rhino or Valkyr will inevitably have taught you.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
Inaros is still one of the best frames in the game. He has good CC, self-healing, armor, and the largest health pool of all frames (upwards of 4100).

In fact, he has so much armor and health that you'd need to actively try to get yourself killed in order to die. Even then, you can revive yourself by eating enemies around you.

His passive ability heals your for a huge percentage of your health when doing melee finishers and his first active ability commonly referred to as "pocket sand" blinds and opens up all enemies in front of you to stealth finishers.

I take my Inaros to almost every sortie mission.

11/10 frame.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I personally dislike him for his 1 > Sync Kill > Sync Kill > Sync Kill > 1 > Sync Kill > Etc play pattern. Man's boring as gently caress even though I dig the mummy theme and stances.

vvv: Sorry, it's Dawn of War parlance for the canned execution animations. I and a bunch of people I know use the term to refer to any such animation.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 30, 2017

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What the gently caress is a sync kill?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

You don't have to spam 1 nonstop you know. You can also use your gun sometimes!

Also when you ARE trying to get melee kills it seems like it activates more reliably from the front when you slide into them until you bump into them and hit quick melee.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

both nidus and inaros are really good at doing what they do, but they typically require using their skills a lot more than other frames do to keep up their survival

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I find Nidus just way more fun to use myself. Sure, I'm spamming 1 alot, but it's building in power and I use the other skills to gather enemies, boost an ally/keep myself alive and get some cute little friends.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

both nidus and inaros are really good at doing what they do, but they typically require using their skills a lot more than other frames do to keep up their survival

But both don't have shields at all, so a slot of Rage means basically infinite energy to gently caress the world with their powers, in one way or another.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
This game has its hooks in me bad.
I stayed up to 5 am this morning trying for the Grineer Codices as a Volt. ( Hadn't touched this since closed beta and picked something that looked interesting at the time.)
Its easy to get dioriented in there.
I'm only mastery 3 so I'm probably doing something wrong.
I have the Frost Prime frame, too but - must go fast.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

enigmatikone posted:

This game has its hooks in me bad.
I stayed up to 5 am this morning trying for the Grineer Codices as a Volt. ( Hadn't touched this since closed beta and picked something that looked interesting at the time.)
Its easy to get dioriented in there.
I'm only mastery 3 so I'm probably doing something wrong.
I have the Frost Prime frame, too but - must go fast.

See if a goon will give you his augment so you can run a capacitance build. You basically turn into an anime villain.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
I'm down for an invite, playing on PC as enigmatikone

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Holy cow, the Flappy Zephyr easter egg made my day

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Nidus and Inaros play very differently. Inaros is more "selfish" as in his game style doesn't require you to help your teammates. His Devour could be a healing station for friends but it requires your team to know they could do that. Nidus otoh could easily help friends with his 3 and 4.

Both of them are very tanky and takes a lot to kill, as long as you actively play and use their powers. I personally prefer to use Inaros because you still use your weapons. For Nidus, weapons are optional and often the sub-optimal way of killing things.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Inaros is a worse Rhino, Nidus requires you to incessantly spam abilities.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shab posted:

Holy cow, the Flappy Zephyr easter egg made my day

Also take a look at wyrm's customization presets.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

*rubs temples*

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Xini, bring a Nova or Ember. Bullet jumping to get you around, shouldn't be a problem.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yeah, I'm going to be bringing my slova and giving it a go. It's not actually as bad as it sounds I'm sure, but that first reading.

And hey, neither the task or the result are too bad:

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 31, 2017

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

endlessmonotony posted:

Inaros is a worse Rhino, Nidus requires you to incessantly spam abilities.

The first part is only true if you're in low to mid level content. Finding yourself surrounded by high level energy leech eximii will kill a Rhino fast the moment his skin dropped. Energy leech does nothing to Inaros' armor buff and Nidus' mutation stacks. And as long as they're getting damaged, they will gain energy back fast. The second part is true but spamming his abilities make things die. Whether you like doing this or not is a personal preference.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuJitrbTFY

Good review from someone playing with fresher eyes than mine. When taken like this, Warframe is actually quite the achievement for DE.

vvv: :shrug:

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 31, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

too long didnt watch

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

*rubs temples*

I've done this twice with Nova on Xini. Just abandon C to make it easier.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Good review from someone playing with fresher eyes than mine. When taken like this, Warframe is actually quite the achievement for DE.

Yeah this is sorta what I think of WF too. Though I dunno why he says the UI is crappy. It has some issues, sure, but IMO it doesn't have any serious problems that constantly interfere with gameplay. Kid mode could stand to have a better indicator of how much void power you have, but kid mode needs a lot of work in general.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

vvv: :shrug:

I think I rolled my eyes at How many times he described the game as "Polished". If that means "shiny" then yes, it is. If it means something other than "full of shortcuts and half-baked features tacked on without being fully developed before jumping to the next tacked on feature" then I'd disagree.

With my 2000+ hours I can safely say that the best review for this game is somewhere between "Its fine I guess." And "The best game I would never recommend anyone to play."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I quit and the F2P hooks are so deep I'm still in the thread. And there is no way I would give away any of my useless Prime Items or mods, juuuuust in case.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Coming back into it after a long time away, the thread title is totally apt. The progression sucks, tutorials suck, understanding what my next goal is at any given time is harder than it should be.

Real fun to play, though. Ember rules.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Much like dragon's dogma, warframe is a game you enjoy, but not a game you respect

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Just started playing 2 weeks ago and already have 50 hours logged so I guess you could say I've been enjoying this game. I like the loop of getting new frames and gear although the phrase "to what end" keeps echoing in my head. What really kept me going in games like Destiny and the Division was going after really good rolls on gear to bring into pvp but that doesn't appear to be a thing in this game.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Digirat posted:

Much like dragon's dogma, warframe is a game you enjoy, but not a game you respect

Yes but unlike Dragon's Dogma you have melee finishers for downed enemies so Warframe wins my respect for that alone.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Brainbread posted:

I think I rolled my eyes at How many times he described the game as "Polished". If that means "shiny" then yes, it is. If it means something other than "full of shortcuts and half-baked features tacked on without being fully developed before jumping to the next tacked on feature" then I'd disagree.
Lotus: "This mission is to arm bombs. You'll need to defend them during their lengthy arming process."
In-game objective readout: "DEFEND THE WARFRAME CRYOPOD"

EDIT: Oh, while I'm here, where does the shotgun combination lightning damage/something else mod come from?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

For the electricity + status mod, reward for third cache on hive sabotages on Eris, or from Baro Ki Teer if you are very lucky. I see this going for a bit in trade chat, so the droprate is probably pretty bad...

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

inkblot posted:

Yes but unlike Dragon's Dogma you have melee finishers for downed enemies so Warframe wins my respect for that alone.

Let me climb on lephantis's back and stab him in one of those faces

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Brainbread posted:

With my 2000+ hours I can safely say that the best review for this game is somewhere between "Its fine I guess." And "The best game I would never recommend anyone to play."

He just doesn't know what things were left unfinished. About the only thing I can really tell for-sure is half baked is the focus system. If games like division and destiny are someone's favorites, I'd totally push them toward warframe.

He's totally right about the whole building/waiting system. At least that was my experience word for word. I enjoyed my 1000+ steam hours (~900 in mission hours) playing this game.

I dare say it: Warframe is ... Good?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

inkblot posted:

Except when it doesn't trigger for some reason, or when you're about to do it but the enemy suddenly goes skidding away at the speed of sound despite a lack of any visible stimulus, limbs horribly flailing about and spacking every which way in a Havok-fueled seizure before it gets absorbed into a wall, only finding sweet release from its hell when it meets the kill volume and gets coldly and emotionlessly deallocated in an instant by the garbage collector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I guess he won?

I am Flipsixthreehole