Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've mentioned it before but I feel like Brock has probably contractually filled out all his dates for the year already and can easily just duck out after Summerslam while Vince desperately offers him loads of money to show up once or twice between Summerslam and Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Brock and WWE have a mutual extension on the deal for the next two years. I have no idea why they wouldn't come together for at least that time.

Brock could easily lose at Summerslam, prep for his fight with Jones in December or early January, then come back for Rumble season. Or, the MMA talk is just pressuring Vince for more cash.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pretty sure he wouldn't have reentered the USADA testing pool as a bluff

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Haven't USADA denied that he's in the pool, though?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Haven't USADA denied that he's in the pool, though?

Someone in UFC did, which just makes me think it's happening more

UFC loves to lie, especially when it's about a scoop and especially when it involves Brock (see: last time someone broke the news he was coming back, they said he wasn't, and their next event they announced he totally was)

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

bradzilla posted:

If it made Vince give him millions more dollars, I'm sure he would. I also wouldn't doubt at all that he's serious about returning to UFC at some point, so he needs to re-enter the pool, but either way, if he wants them as leverage in negotiations he had to do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dana White said he's not in the pool so that means he is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully Brian Kendrick can go away and be a coach instead of having matches where he wins with a loving headlock

the most over person in the company uses a glorified fireman's carry for his finisher, who cares

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like Kendrick's finisher it looks like he's wrenching the gently caress out of the dude's neck and last I checked, having your neck wrenched hurts. :shrug:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Aphrodite posted:

Dana White said he's not in the pool so that means he is.

What if he's in the enclosed pool?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont get it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone in UFC did, which just makes me think it's happening more

UFC loves to lie, especially when it's about a scoop and especially when it involves Brock (see: last time someone broke the news he was coming back, they said he wasn't, and their next event they announced he totally was)

He broke it about an hour before UFC showed Brock coming back as part of a PPV package

UFC retaliated by throwing him out of the PPV he was reporting at with his camera woman and editor, and banning the reporter for life

Which ended up being a few days after UFC got shat on by the media.

Saif reporter also works for Showtime and got told during the start of Conor/Floyd that he was being taken off because Dana White demanded it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yeah they really hate scoops

protect rov at all costs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
rovert is like a million billion times cooler than helwani tho

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

helwani is a loser nerd who deserves to get dunked on 24/7

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

HerraS posted:

helwani is a loser nerd who deserves to get dunked on 24/7

I like him because he makes Dana so mad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I like Kendrick's finisher it looks like he's wrenching the gently caress out of the dude's neck and last I checked, having your neck wrenched hurts. :shrug:

It is also literally the same move as Sasha's finish. Like, I have no idea if there's supposed to be a difference because I sure as gently caress can't tell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sasha's is a bridging crossface (but she doesn't always do the bridge), Kendrick's is just a sleeper hold on the ground.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Sasha's is a bridging crossface (but she doesn't always do the bridge), Kendrick's is just a sleeper hold on the ground.

Yeah Kendrick's is a choke while Sasha's is a crossface

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Venomous posted:

Honestly, if I were Bayley right now, I'd be petitioning hard to Vince to let her go back down to NXT where she was well written and not used badly. Same with Finn.

I'm pretty sure Finn at this point just takes his paychecks and pretends he's someone's admin assistant when the other wrestlers get recognized outside of the show.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 1, 2017

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm pretty sure Finn at this point just takes his paychecks and pretends he's someone's admin assistant when the other wrestlers get recognized outside of the show.

Could you imagine if WWE was like a office or literally any other type of company?

"Yeah so the board had enough faith in me to make me CEO, but then the janitor intentionally poo poo in my coffee and, well, long story short he's got the company jet now and I've been demoted to working in the mailroom."

- Finn Balor, Insurance Adjuster

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

It's so cute when people think that the wrestlers care about how they're booked first, and their paycheck second.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It would matter if WWE had any competition at all, but you can just look at someone like Cody to realize how little WWE booking can damage your drawing power on the indies

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The general opinion of WWE management is so low that nobody really holds lovely fed booking against anyone when they leave.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

if anything it gets them sympy heat as people go "yeah gently caress the wwe for treating you like poo poo"

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I saw Austin Aries yesterday randomly and he shaved his head and goatee... He looks bizarre now.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

bloodysabbath posted:

Could you imagine if WWE was like a office or literally any other type of company?

"Yeah so the board had enough faith in me to make me CEO, but then the janitor intentionally poo poo in my coffee and, well, long story short he's got the company jet now and I've been demoted to working in the mailroom."

- Finn Balor, Insurance Adjuster

I see someone has worked for Konami before

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bradzilla posted:

It's so cute when people think that the wrestlers care about how they're booked first, and their paycheck second.

It's likely that the better you're booked, the more money you're going to make.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Yeah, we only have decades of wrestlers throwing tantrums and pulling power plays to ensure they get booked the way they want to be booked to base that on. What a load of malarkey!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, we only have decades of wrestlers throwing tantrums and pulling power plays to ensure they get booked the way they want to be booked to base that on. What a load of malarkey!

In the words of the man everyone wants to/thinks is going to do a good job of running WWE next, "Am I loving going over"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If wrestlers are like that in general then i demand you stop making fun of certain ones for it. Right now

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

durrrrr

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

There have been multiple interviews with different ex-WWE guys that have said out right, "Yeah, I wish I was booked better but I walked away with a large amount of cash."

That is why guys like Curt Hawkins and Drew Mac come back. The paycheck is really nice.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if you get booked good you get more money

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
In speaking to two different sources backstage at today's WWE Smackdown Live taping in Cleveland, Ohio, we have been told that the plan is for WWE champion Jinder Mahal to defend his title against Shinsuke Nakamura at Summerslam.

Credit: PWInsider

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

In speaking to two different sources backstage at today's WWE Smackdown Live taping in Cleveland, Ohio, we have been told that the plan is for WWE champion Jinder Mahal to defend his title against Shinsuke Nakamura at Summerslam.

Get in.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I am now even more excited to see this live and in person tonight from v good seats. Should be both cool and good.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Wow another Worst Match of the Night for Nak!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

Finally someone to bring comeuppance to the evil foreigner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

time for jinder to show that poser who the REAL king of strong style is