Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Teebo or Chirpa lead?

Chirpa. I figured without paploo it was best to leverage the TM. Although teebo would probably do fine. He'd definitely make Dooku a little easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
I managed to do the bonus tier with a Chirpa lead. Chirpa, EE, and Scout were all at G8 and level 75. Teebo is G8 and level 85. It took me a couple of tries, but I managed to clear it and get my three zetas, so it's certainly do-able at G8 and level 75-80.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
It works! It works! It works!

How to set up iOS to AutoClick and rapid fire spend Ally Points.

quote:

iOS Auto Clicker using Switch Control
1: Go to "Settings > General > Accessibility". 2: Scroll all the way down and choose "Accessibility Shortcut". 3: Click "Switch Control". 4: Go Back to the Accessibility menu. 5: Choose "Switch Control". 6: Choose "Switches". 7: Add "New Switch > Screen > Full Screen." 8: Choose "Select Item". 9: Go back to "Switch Control" main menu. 10: Choose "Recipes". 11: Choose "Create New Recipe". 12: Name your Recipe (I did "Bronziums"). 13: Choose "Assign a Switch > Full Screen > Custom Gesture". 14: Rotate your device to mirror the game orientation. 15: Click "Hide Controls" (they'll disappear for 10 seconds at a time). 16: Using 1 finger, repeatedly click in the lower right hand corner where the words "Buy", "Skip", and "Finish" would appear on the Bronzium screen. When the taps turn grey you're done. Note: Click in the same spot for all 3. 15: When happy with your speed and pattern, click "Save" at the top right, otherwise hit "Cancel" and go back and try again. 16: Go back to the "Recipes" menu. 17: Choose "Launch Recipe" and select your recipe. 18: In the game, go to the Bronzium Data Card section. 19: Triple tap, quickly, your device's home button to activate "Switch Control". Note: You can triple tap the home button again to deactivate. 20: Tap anywhere on your screen to activate your recipe. The more you tap the more the recipe will loop. Note: There is not way to repeat the process automatically without tapping somewhere on the screen occasionally.
Warning: If your taps are extremely fast, you may cause the game to graphically glitch out. If so, force restart the game, redo your tap speed, and try again. if using ios 👆 For iOS users that want to burn ally points

Note that the first time you activate switch control with the triple click there will be a dialog mid screen that you need to dismiss. I had to actually record a macro to tap the Okay button on that first to get it to work.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

UmOk posted:

I wouldn't 7* Dathcha. Unless he has some other use beside mod challenge

He has use on a P3 HAAT team but I don't think he's commonly used. I guess 7* is too far, as you said.

On a different note, they need to revisit furnaces. Once upon a time, they were the final item you needed to cap off some of the better units in the game. At this point, it makes no sense that you have to acquire them 2 units at a time, at a high cost, or else play RNG roulette with raids. You can grind up almost all of the Gear 11 items on DS/LS battles or get them 5 at a time in the ship shop. It doesn't make sense to put a blockade on GL 9 items.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I need some tips on dealing with, of all things, Zariss. I literally can't scratch any team that she is on with my Wedge/GK/Chaze/R2 comp - too many people not hitting hard enough to get past the heals. Between her, GK and sometimes Rex there's no way to land any kind of effective healing debuff for long enough for it to matter. I'm all for paper scissors rock but subbing one toon on to a team shouldn't make it completely unbeatable for anything but a very specific comp.

Nobody else seems to think she's overpowered, so obviously I'm missing something?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Sounds like a job for Darth Nihilus

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That's how I kill her.

Darth Nihilus is you friend.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

I've been getting back into the game after a few month hiatus. Quit before ships were a thing. Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Ally code is 914-756-451.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

I need some tips on dealing with, of all things, Zariss. I literally can't scratch any team that she is on with my Wedge/GK/Chaze/R2 comp - too many people not hitting hard enough to get past the heals. Between her, GK and sometimes Rex there's no way to land any kind of effective healing debuff for long enough for it to matter. I'm all for paper scissors rock but subbing one toon on to a team shouldn't make it completely unbeatable for anything but a very specific comp.

Nobody else seems to think she's overpowered, so obviously I'm missing something?

Focus fire whoever has crit immunity.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoz posted:

I've been getting back into the game after a few month hiatus. Quit before ships were a thing. Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Ally code is 914-756-451.

Both of the main guilds are full at the moment, but we'll get you in ASAP.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Focus fire whoever has crit immunity.

Oh poo poo, of course. That's what I've been missing. Thanks!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is that like... half-goon guild still going? Who's in that?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I am about to 7* Lando, and the next recommended Cantina farm is Wedge. He is not available to farm before level 69 and i am 58 so it is quite a while before i can start working on him.

Last time i posted some of you recommended a Phoenix squad. 2 of these are from Cantina which is what i could farm before i get to 69. I mentioned that i met the phoenix squad in SA a couple of times and got wrecked, but in the last few days i have met them in SA again and absolutely steamrolled them. My main goal atm is to get a team that can clear GW for me every day. If my main GW squad (which is also my main SA squad) steamrolls Phoenix in SA does that necessarily mean that my squad is better than Phoenix for GW?
I have read about PS elsewhere as well and the opinions on it are very polarized, they either worship PS or claim they are utterly useless.

Other PS caveats:
Chopper is from Cantina credits. I just 6* Bobba so it might not be a big of a deal to start funneling Cantina credits into Chopper (?)
Zeb is from GW credits. I just 6* Biggs so it might not be a big deal to stop on him for a while and focus on Zeb (?)
Kanan is from SA credits. I just 5* STH so it might not be a crisis if i bench his progress for a while (?)

My main GW squad is
Lando (L), STH, GMT, Bobba, JC (and using Biggs as a stand-in for STH when i need to change the RNG on a GW battle)
My secondary GW squad is
Dooku, TFP, RG, vampire healer chick, Chewie (using Biggs as stand-in for RNG here as well)

TLDR; I guess i want another confirmation wether or not i should go for PS, or a different farm. My main goal is to clear GW every day as i usually fail on the last battle (because its full of 7* level 70 dudes in GL 8)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The most reliable way I've found to clear GW is to have multiple teams that are roughly the same power level instead of one arena power team that is light years ahead of anything else in the stable. Sometimes you need a squad of sacrificial lambs to take that Force Crush or whatever special so you can roll in with the good crew while the enemy is on cooldown. Farming PS until you can focus Wedge is not a bad plan. They're stepping stones to better things.

Edit: How's your TFP?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yep, GW should be used as training ground for synergy squads. You should basically have half a dozen teams that can clear multiple easy nodes, and a couple of trash teams to soak up special attacks and maybe put a dent in the hard nodes.

My Sith squad can clear the first half of GW by themselves now, and they're my eighth-ranked team in overall power (yes I know that metric isn't great).

I usually hope not to have to use my arena team (Empire) at all until nodes 9, 10, 11. Node 12 is always broken for me now but there's really no difference because the difficult ones all just moved down a node.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
How high does the new power level have to be to break 12? I remember it being 44k before.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

My TFP, as well as my whole secondary GW squad, are all at GL6 but they all have the default * rating. TFP in particular is 2*.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Inimicul posted:

How high does the new power level have to be to break 12? I remember it being 44k before.

The issue you will have it is that it is still using the old power rankings for GW, so it is still that same number, but you now have no easy way to tell what your old power is. I'm not sure if swgoh.gg or someone still shows your old power levels

Edit: I just checked, it still shows your old power. So sync there, then total up your top 5.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Really wish they would implement a "practice arena." Where you could choose your opponents team and not be penalized or rewarded.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The reason phoenix squad was recommended to you is that it has a ton of things going for it for a new player. Yes, it will work well in GW since TM is a little less important and you have a ton of synergy. More to the point they function as rebels for EP, they work for thrawn, and they have 2/5 guys you need for yoda. I still think that since the whole team is available rather early that they should work well in baby arena but i could be wrong there. A lot of it could come down to gear and mods.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So who should be the odd man out on a phoenix squad? Hera, Chopper, and Zeb are definitely in. But I can't decide if Ezra, kanaan, or Sabine should be cut.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

So who should be the odd man out on a phoenix squad? Hera, Chopper, and Zeb are definitely in. But I can't decide if Ezra, kanaan, or Sabine should be cut.

Depends where you run them.

For the Thrawn event, drop Sabine. For GW or Areba, probably Chopper? For raids, varies.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I thought Sabine was the MVP for phoenix

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

I thought Sabine was the MVP for phoenix

She probably has the second strongest individual kit (behind Ezra), but it's just raw damage and doesn't have the massive survivability synergy that the rest of the team does.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
She's also the longest farm and her shards are in competition with a lot of other good characters.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

She's also the longest farm and her shards are in competition with a lot of other good characters.

I've been farming her and jyn because I think I have every one else

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pro Tip: Don't bring Vader to the STR Gear Challenge and then hit auto. Purging Tarkin or Veers' debuffs is not a good idea.

Also, the new power levels hosed up GW, didn't they? I can't get past node 11 anymore and I wasn't having many problems with it until they made the switch.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 27, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks! Have started building Phoenix Squad.

I had some resources saved up so i unlocked Chopper, Zeb and Kanan today. Should get Hera and Ezra in a couple of days. Curious how an entirely 2* team with GL6 will perform...
I also bought Sabine shards from both guild store and crystal store, that was a bad idea? There was a guy on Youtube that posted 3 long-ish videos reviewing and praising the Phoenix Squad yesterday, and he hadn't worked on Chopper at all, while the rest of his PS was all 7* GL11.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Chopper is really good. I run Phoenix for the first couple nodes of GW every day. I use Hera/Zeb/Chop/Ezra/Kanan. Kanan and Hera are G7, Zeb and Chop are G6 and Ezra is G8. All of them are 7* except Hera. They do reasonably well. They're better as a group and benefit from each others' uniques, so for example, Chop has 2 bars of protection in the menus, but that gets buffed to 4 bars in-game thanks to Zeb, and so on. Zeb's unique also lets everyone regenerate protection every turn, so that's good for GW.

None of them hit hard except Ezra, but they get tons of assists, stuns, dazes (good vs. Fives/Dooku), regen every round and you have two taunts (Kanan/Chop) and dispels (Ezra/Chop). I'd probably be able to take mine farther than halfway if I got them all up to G8+. I plan to do that before Thrawn comes back.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

Pro Tip: Don't bring Vader to the STR Gear Challenge and then hit auto. Purging Tarkin or Veers' debuffs is not a good idea.

Also, the new power levels hosed up GW, didn't they? I can't get past node 11 anymore and I wasn't having many problems with it until they made the switch.

Could be true, could be a coincidence. When they released the new power, they also said that until later notice, the old power would still determine GW, that this new ranking was just a cosmetic thing until they sorted more things out.
Two other things could have happened. First, I have to fight through 1-2 Thrawns every GW. This wasn't the case when the new power was released because not many people had Thrawn. Now that he's common, I fight him a lot more, and it's a lot harder. Second, you might have added a little bit of power, just enough to tip you over into the next level of suck.
Or they did make the backend switch and didn't tell anyone. No way to know

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks! Have started building Phoenix Squad.

I had some resources saved up so i unlocked Chopper, Zeb and Kanan today. Should get Hera and Ezra in a couple of days. Curious how an entirely 2* team with GL6 will perform...
I also bought Sabine shards from both guild store and crystal store, that was a bad idea? There was a guy on Youtube that posted 3 long-ish videos reviewing and praising the Phoenix Squad yesterday, and he hadn't worked on Chopper at all, while the rest of his PS was all 7* GL11.
Unfortunately, Hera is the least good of the Phoenix squad, but absolutely necessary thanks to her leader ability. Hands down, the best two of Phoenix squad are Sabine and Ezra. That doesn't mean I'd recommend spending crystals on Sabine -- I've just slowly worked on her from the guild shop -- but if you're in a hurry, it's not the worst thing. That leaves Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb. Kanan's kit is probably the next best, in large part thanks to giving everyone else counterattack. Self-dispel, friendly dispel, and taunt are all pretty good too. This brings us down to Zeb and Chopper. They both do similar-ish things, but I give the nod to Zeb. Since I have no intention of taking my Phoenix squad past G8 (except probably Sabine, maybe Ezra, and very unlikely Kanan), this leaves them with very little protection, so +Prot = 40% of hp is actually a solid unique. Additionally, Zeb is able to stun, daze, and stagger opponents.
Chopper has the weirdest kit out of Phoenix, and I think it's fair to say that people undervalue him, but at the same time, for arena, raids, and Thrawn, I think he's the least useful. He's fast and has a taunt that lasts for 1 turn. On the plus side, he buffs random phoenix allies, so that's nice, and 15% hp recovery is really, really nice in GW.

My perspective is based on using Phoenix for unlocking Thrawn, and maybe using Sabine/Ezra for raids. I don't intend to level the rest past what's necessary for Thrawn, because I don't need them for GW, arena, ships, or raids.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Mal what's your opinion on ewoks now? Is there gonna be anything there?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone still around from The Roccinate? We've got a new goon that needs a guild spot.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

My guild has a few spaces again if anyone wants in. It's pretty casual and we're mostly high level but not quite all at endgame yet. Add me on 561-766-648.

Cactus, you got room in Roccinate?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I saw someone posted a nice hack for spending ally points on iPhones. Anything for Android out there?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

Mal what's your opinion on ewoks now? Is there gonna be anything there?

I think there could be. They were always good enough that individual ewoks would find their ways into other teams. Now that they have a full squad+ worth of synergies to choose from they could be viable once folks can get them. TM is king and they have a lot of ways to increase it. Teebo, Chirpa, Paploo, Logray, Wicket.

At a minimum I bet there's a raid comp there. There could be an arena comp if you sprinkle in R2 or GK. I really like the looks of Wicket's kit. That his unique triggers another turn and not another attack means he's going to be cycling through guerilla strike and forest ambush like crazy.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 28, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There's youtube videos of the new ewoks zetad autobattling current top 10 meta teams without losing a single ewok.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the input on PS!
I have gotten all 6 now (Sabine kept popping up in the guild shop) and geared all to Gear VI (except Sabine)
Took them for a spin in GW, and got squashed like a bug on the first battle. Not terribly great first impressions :D Hera, Ezra are 2*, the rest 3*.

The Ewok event was pretty fun. They seemed to do a TON of self healing. Could they be the new PS-type squad for newbies? I already have all of them at a higher shardcount than PS (they don't seem to interfer with PS farming (since they are only from hards or from the shop?)

EDIT: I wrote that they all had Gear IV, i meant that they all have Gear VI

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 30, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for the input on PS!
I have gotten all 6 now (Sabine kept popping up in the guild shop) and geared all to Gear IV (except Sabine)
Took them for a spin in GW, and got squashed like a bug on the first battle. Not terribly great first impressions :D Hera, Ezra are 2*, the rest 3*.

The Ewok event was pretty fun. They seemed to do a TON of self healing. Could they be the new PS-type squad for newbies? I already have all of them at a higher shardcount than PS (they don't seem to interfer with PS farming (since they are only from hards or from the shop?)

I mean, by the time you unlock GW, it's assumed you'd have 5*+ characters, so PS isn't gonna be great in GW until you're in the G7-8 range (when you unlock protection) and get some stars on'em.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, by the time you unlock GW, it's assumed you'd have 5*+ characters, so PS isn't gonna be great in GW until you're in the G7-8 range (when you unlock protection) and get some stars on'em.

Also, the whole point of Phoenix is the way they share unique abilities under Hera's lead - so those need to be leveled for you to see any sort of synergy that actually wins fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
What's a solid jedi team yall use?