Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

General Dog posted:

Everything, except ASMR videos of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's the equivalent of his comments section. Recently he said he was going to take a 2 month vacation, and his fans blew up on him. Guess I shouldn't steal Lottery of Babylon's shtick.

Ehh, people subscribed for videogame reviews, not trailer reactions and very bad movie reviews. I also lose all respect for youtubers who disable likes and comments, bitch move.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

violentlycitrus posted:

thanks for recommending this guy

Yeah, same.

Mostly all I use Youtube for is RLM, JRock videos and creepy ASMR videos of pretty girls brushing each other's hair when I'm high.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you do trailer reactions you are not a critic, you're a hype channel and should die.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

violentlycitrus posted:

thanks for recommending this guy

HoAssHo posted:

Yeah, same.

:D Glad you like him, I find his sense of humor pretty RLM-esque and he has enough film knowledge to be smarter than most YouTube critics.

HoAssHo posted:

creepy ASMR videos of pretty girls brushing each other's hair when I'm high.

:pervert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ralph looks like Reggie Fils-Aime and Lowtax went through a teleporter at the same time.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

HoAssHo posted:

creepy ASMR videos of pretty girls brushing each other's hair when I'm high.

It's bad form to post that without a link

Links

Plural

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
When I say creepy, I mean creepy. I'll never live it down.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

Yeah, same.

Mostly all I use Youtube for is RLM, JRock videos and creepy ASMR videos of pretty girls brushing each other's hair when I'm high.

You know what's good on youtube when you're high?

Rap videos

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

WampaLord posted:

It's funny to see so many people here say that they think all the superhero movies are lovely, then turn around and go "Wow, Charlize Theron is great, why isn't she doing any superhero movies?"

Well most of them are lovely, but they're like the de facto action movies of this current era and Charlize is a great action heroine

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paladinus posted:

The Ralph guy is funny enough, but he's mentioned that he likes Armoured Sceptic. Only Rich Evans can admit something like that and without losing any respect from me.

he makes fun of armoured skeptic in the ghostbusters review. says he and his daughter liked it (the "daughter" was his gf).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

General Dog posted:

Everything, except ASMR videos of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

Jonas Albrecht posted:

saying that Chinese audiences are less sophisticated than American ones, but that just puts her on Mike's level.

they very obviously are.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

he makes fun of armoured skeptic in the ghostbusters review. says he and his daughter liked it (the "daughter" was his gf).

It's an in-joke from the Skeptic's channel, though. Because his gf is a tiny woman. Ralph's clearly a fan. He likes the wrong youtube, sorry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

now i can't watch him anymore dangit. armoredskeptic and his gf are both awful. fudge.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
y'all are limiting yourselves just looking for TV and movie reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMB79427Ruw

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Groovelord Neato posted:

now i can't watch him anymore dangit. armoredskeptic and his gf are both awful. fudge.

I'm sorry it's too late, your cool-guy license is revoked. To get it back you must watch 8 community service hours of TED talks.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/891681812795326464

:thunk:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm still disappointed in jay saying the collider mashups explained the joke. i would think he's brighter than that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blur my genitals, Jay.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure "explaining the joke" is just Jay's way of being nice while still implying that anyone whose claim to fame is taking an item and another item specifically parodying that first thing and putting them next to eachother is creatively bankrupt and also p dumb.

In my opinion obviously.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

as already explained it's funny for those of us that had never seen collider videos and thus didn't realize how close their parody was.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

loving around with existing content is good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

as already explained it's funny for those of us that had never seen collider videos and thus didn't realize how close their parody was.

they didnt do any nerd crews for comic con trailers and i think its because of jay being weirdly butthurt about the filmgob videos

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nah, I think they just decided it was enough for now. Maybe when something really grandiose like Disney buying Ghibli happens, they'll bring it back.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Max Landis likes Red Letter Media a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdSN4NBvCA

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

is the joke that he has a VERY COOL shirt or do I have to keep watching more than five seconds of these unfunny cunts, I already want to kurt cobain myself

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Very cool!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

HerraS posted:

is the joke that he has a VERY COOL shirt or do I have to keep watching more than five seconds of these unfunny cunts, I already want to kurt cobain myself
I wasn't making a joke I think he legitimately likes RLM. Him wearing the shirt is just another confirmation of it and there is a bit in there where he goes "I saw an X-wing and I clapped!"
Certainly not for everyone but I think that Jen girl is good for places like Screen Junkies which is just one shade separated from whatever Collider is. I also still don't see why everyone hates Landis either but whatever I'm gay as hell.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It does not matter what you think of the guy. He is passionate about what he does, and is very true in his works. He has written one of Superman's best stories in years, as well as being one of the few in Hollywood who tries to do original things. Not everything he does is good, but at least it's different. I'd love to see him working on Marvel, DC or Star Wars movies.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
His Dirk Gently series is great as an adaptation that goes off to do its own thing. He captures the weirdness of Douglas Adams without just parroting him.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

AngryJoe has the best movie reviews on youtube

teh Ang0ry Gamer Cynic

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

joedevola posted:

y'all are limiting yourselves just looking for TV and movie reviews

Right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxrcswedcTY

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chronicle was a loving dope movie, I have no problems with Max Landis.

He also led to one of the greatest moments in RLM history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolenE1GCyg

This moment would not be possible without Max Landis. He's okay in my book.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Watching The Patriot right now.

It's the wedding reception and I swear the not-slaves are playing Yub Nub.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even John Williams samples his previous tracks from time to time.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Max Landis is enthusiastic and sincere and that's nice to see after so much cynicism in tv and movies :unsmith:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm glad he has normal hair now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
drat it. I went through the trouble of copypasting this comment from youtube, and everyone just agrees. Even his hair doesn't warrant any criticism apparently. How could I fail...

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The girl was legitimately funnier in ten minutes than the entire ghostbusters reboot and Max Landon was a good foil.

I saw a Landis and I clapped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Without the bad haircut, Max Landis looks like a gritty Fragmaster.

• Locked thread