Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Taffer posted:

I mean, mine looks like this (taskbar is on second monitor) and I don't have issues

Try it on the same monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
@bluehole: please add the chicken suit from Burt Reynold's Stroker Ace into the game as a cosmetic

Matter of fact, just make a whole crate that's nothing but Burt Reynolds poo poo. Give us pink sunglasses and cowboy hats, please and thank you

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I changed the config file to set the scale to 100.0 and downloaded reshade. Using the video below, I certainly made my game look better, but I don't see any FPS boost at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzi3OCCrqY

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hockles posted:

I changed the config file to set the scale to 100.0 and downloaded reshade. Using the video below, I certainly made my game look better, but I don't see any FPS boost at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzi3OCCrqY

It won't give you an FPS boost. Try the new nvidia drivers if you have an nvidia card.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I'd love to see a game mode that's true Battle Royale style, where you're just assigned a random weapon and you have to figure it the gently caress out. If you spawn with a frying pan, you better pray you can chase the guy with an SKS down and bash his head in before the circle starts moving.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zomborgon posted:

Would that help if my cursor is clicking with an offset an inch to the left, or would I be looking for something else?

Are you using Windows Scaling?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'd love to see a game mode that's true Battle Royale style, where you're just assigned a random weapon and you have to figure it the gently caress out. If you spawn with a frying pan, you better pray you can chase the guy with an SKS down and bash his head in before the circle starts moving.

This and grid-based off-limits rather than circlegas are what I want most.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shima Honnou posted:

It happens if your taskbar is anywhere other than the bottom of the screen. Fullscreen won't fix it because that's where it happens to begin with, and windowed fullscreen will have the taskbar on top of the game and also it'll be possible to click out of the game if you touch the taskbar. I keep mine at the top of the screen so all my UI poo poo is misaligned vertically.

The fix is for the devs to code their poo poo better.

Indeed, I have it pinned to the left. Pulling it to the bottom fixed it immediately, not even needing a restart.

That said, I value my vertical screen space more and will probably just deal with the offset. I'm used to it by now, and swapping around my UI is more annoying anyway.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm putting together squad to play tomorrow. If you'd like to play with me, please perform this test and submit a screen shot of your average performance time. If your average is 200ms or above, don't even bother. Thank you.

https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm putting together squad to play tomorrow. If you'd like to play with me, please perform this test and submit a screen shot of your average performance time. If your average is 200ms or above, don't even bother. Thank you.

200ms is a great cutoff if you want to recruit grandpas and cripples who use the thing where you blow into a straw to left click

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

N256 posted:

Dragging it to 100 in the game won't set it to 100. It'll be like 100.03 and still look like poo poo and gives you a small framerate hit. You need to type it in in the config files.

??? What the actual gently caress!!! Thanks for this. My game actually looks quite sharp now. I thought the lovely gfx were just a feature

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

two dudes were lining up on me down an alleyway in solos. thankfully i was wiggling my character from side to side, a technique no pubg player seems to be able to counter, and headshot them both with an akm.

if you ever played CS so many of the shooting mechanics/stutter stepping translate wellin thisgame

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 30, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'd say strafing in a duel is much more punishing in this game than it is in CS though. It is a bit of a trap to the point where if you're in a duel and the other dude is strafing a lot, you're occasionally better off just standing still and lining your shots up properly (note: this is most applicable to AR/SMG fights, snipers are barely affected in my experience)

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Taffer posted:

AppData/Local/TslGame/Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.txt -> ScreenScale=100.0
Thanks for this, that slider is ridiculously precise. I am also going to check the whole "AA to high" to see if that can give me a few extra frames. Hopefully that doesn't give everything the vaseline covered effect again.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Taffer posted:

It won't give you an FPS boost. Try the new nvidia drivers if you have an nvidia card.

I'm not seeing this Nvidia pubg patch anywhere? A Lawbreakers etc one yeah, but there's nothing pubg about it?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Snapes N Snapes posted:

I'm not seeing this Nvidia pubg patch anywhere? A Lawbreakers etc one yeah, but there's nothing pubg about it?

i think all the games they list are paid ads but my fps is much smoother and I can look at redzones without massive drops now.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Mine doesn't recognize PUBG. How do I get it to work?

I'm not sure, just rescan for games maybe? I have everything updating automatically and PUBG just got added in the last week:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
dont do the auto thing it will gently caress your settings up, just get the driver update.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Whoever said https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco streams are good was correct. They are pretty good

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Last night we had an otherwise okay-ish run, aside from this experiment:

I really didn't think it was going to fit when I suggested that we drive into the tunnel but we made it. My only regret is that when we popped back out no one was around to see it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
All of my chicken dinners so far have come after 1 AM and I'm slightly drunk.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Sorry tree buddy, I'm just not ready for any new friends right now.

https://plays.tv/s/LMsJ6BS2_fFq

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Parallel Playa posted:

I'd say strafing in a duel is much more punishing in this game than it is in CS though. It is a bit of a trap to the point where if you're in a duel and the other dude is strafing a lot, you're occasionally better off just standing still and lining your shots up properly (note: this is most applicable to AR/SMG fights, snipers are barely affected in my experience)

The greatest strength of the UMP is that you can strafe while firing it, but you should probably be ADSing. Since you're more mobile while shooting than with an AR, a lot of people don't expect your speed and when you move, they don't adjust accordingly. The UMP is controllable enough that you can just bring the site back onto your enemy while firing to melt them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Popete posted:

All of my chicken dinners so far have come after 1 AM and I'm slightly drunk.

My only solo chicken dinner has been pushing close to 2am. Of course, I'm also more prone to making stupid decisions, like last night where I go, "yeah, go ahead and use your glock to take this guy at mid range" when there's only 3 people left.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

The greatest strength of the UMP is that you can strafe while firing it, but you should probably be ADSing. Since you're more mobile while shooting than with an AR, a lot of people don't expect your speed and when you move, they don't adjust accordingly. The UMP is controllable enough that you can just bring the site back onto your enemy while firing to melt them.

From your clips a geared ump at full auto seems like your standard loadout, you agree? I think its pretty underutilized personally

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

From your clips a geared ump at full auto seems like your standard loadout, you agree? I think its pretty underutilized personally

We were getting close, a group I play with (who have gotten 2 chicken dinners in a few times in a few-hours long session together), we wiped 3/4ths of another squad and ONE dude flanking us a bit with a UMP wiped us. He was at about 50-75m. The Uzi is utterly vile up close and the UMP has a surprising amount of reach and is frequently a laser.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Eclipse12 posted:

Sorry tree buddy, I'm just not ready for any new friends right now.

https://plays.tv/s/LMsJ6BS2_fFq

is that guy deaf dumb and blind

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

A kitted UMP is boss for all the reasons he says. Additionally, with a suppressor you can dunk on people without drawing massive attention since it gets the smaller/quieter SMG suppressed report radius.

UMP is a gun I will always have in one of my slots. Extremely common ammo, common attachments, minor recoil with a decent fire rate/damage out to low-mid range. You'll get beat at super close up by shotguns, but the versatility of the UMP can't be beat.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The UMP kind of feels like Default Gun to me sometimes, which is why I will often take an Uzi over one and wish the Vector was a bit more common, because kitted Vectors are fun as hell.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just lol if you have to rely on reaction time in this game instead of elite tactical planning and positioning.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
We looked up one of the dudes we were fighting during a round last night that we chicken dinnered. Turns out he was rank 51 in squads. Holy gently caress this guy is the biggest douche I have ever seen on twitch. Just listen to how hard he rages: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163000313?t=07h48m22s (we were in the barns)

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

fletcher posted:

We looked up one of the dudes we were fighting during a round last night that we chicken dinnered. Turns out he was rank 51 in squads. Holy gently caress this guy is the biggest douche I have ever seen on twitch. Just listen to how hard he rages: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163000313?t=07h48m22s (we were in the barns)

Jesus Christ, earlier in the video he's dancing in his seat and he loving dabs. What an rear end in a top hat.

That being said, the dude isn't a bad shot, he's just got poor judgment on when to engage and substandard teammates. I get the rage.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

fletcher posted:

lmao

"my position is more important than my kills"

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ZionestLord posted:

Just lol if you have to rely on reaction time in this game instead of elite tactical planning and positioning.

If you have good reaction time you can probably be molded into an elite tier 420 operator. If you don't, I hope you enjoy mid tier MMR.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

fletcher posted:

What a tosser

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

fletcher posted:

Wow, gently caress that guy.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fletcher posted:

hahaha it's so easy to gently caress with these kinds of people though

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Good soup! posted:

hahaha it's so easy to gently caress with these kinds of people though

I love this sequence

Douche: "BARN BARN I just knocked one"
Chill guy: *takes shots* "Uh, I just got shot at. Maybe barn?"
Other guy: "Yeah, I don't where at"

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

fletcher posted:

lol what an rear end in a top hat. Who can stand playing with someone like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

B-Mac posted:

lol what an rear end in a top hat. Who can stand playing with someone like that?

it is basically a requirement for professional gaming

• Locked thread