Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's mostly because you can't tutor it (unlike seraph).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That belphegor got dem thighs mang

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Trying to put together halfway competent decks for each class just so I can get through the story, does anyone have any lynx two super basic deck guides?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so they are nerfing the obvious blood poo poo along with snow white, grimnir, and ouroboros and leaving shadow completely untouched

midrange shadow meta here we come again i hope no one is sick of heads being taken

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0139

e: actually not all of the obvious blood poo poo as bkb didnt get touched. forgot about him lol

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 30, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm pretty happy with those changes. TBH I could have lived with them just nixing Baphomet's enhance rather than changing his effect completely, but he's still better-statted than most 2 mana draw a dude cards, so ok

I sincerely doubt midrange shadow will dominate the meta. Even if does, I'd be ok with that, because it's hella easy to counter. The preemptive nerf to ramp dragon is nice, I hated playing against that deck way more than anything else, and I'm happy to see Grimnir's face damage go.

Overall good nerfs IMO. BKB is still strong as gently caress but maybe that's fine with all the other changes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Golden Battler posted:

I sincerely doubt midrange shadow will dominate the meta.

in the tournament today every single person brought midrange shadow

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Daria was good against midrange shadow so I hope it comes back

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am honestly way more upset by this snow white nerf than i should be considering its a stupid childrens card game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Taking a break from the game probably also made me willing to entertain the notion of switching from spellboost rune to dirt rune

I'm at 347 rune wins in ranked, zero in everything else. I feel like I have to make it to masters with rune at this point

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Taking a break from the game probably also made me willing to entertain the notion of switching from spellboost rune to dirt rune

I'm at 347 rune wins in ranked, zero in everything else. I feel like I have to make it to masters with rune at this point

Do it, dirt is more fun for both you and you opponent. (what rank are you in?)

As for the nerfs, I am surprised the changed older cards, that's pretty good. Hopefully the game (specially the early game, goddamn) becomes more interesting now that the gobbo leader doesn't combo into turn 3 Alice. Grimnir will still be an auto--include in plenty of decks anyways.

I guess I'll have to keep my extra 2 Alices in the stash for now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Do it, dirt is more fun for both you and you opponent. (what rank are you in?)

As for the nerfs, I am surprised the changed older cards, that's pretty good. Hopefully the game (specially the early game, goddamn) becomes more interesting now that the gobbo leader doesn't combo into turn 3 Alice. Grimnir will still be an auto--include in plenty of decks anyways.

I guess I'll have to keep my extra 2 Alices in the stash for now.

I'm at the top of A3. I was probably a few days of grinding away from AA when wonderland dreams dropped and killed all desire to keep going

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just opened this pack tonight after reading about the nerfs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EaCDc

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
rip JO Pendant Dragon

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I just opened this pack tonight after reading about the nerfs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EaCDc

drat, two free legendaries of your choice. Nice!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Because they haven't been written out here yet:

Tove -> 2 mana 2/2, gains rush when an allied neutral follower is played (the "can't attack" part is gone)
Baphomet -> 2 mana 2/1, put a random bloodcraft follower from your deck into your hand (so the same effect as that new dragon 1/2)
Spawn of the Abyss - 8 mana 6/7, same effect but only does 5 damage on death whether or not it's evolved
Goblin Leader -> 4 mana 2/3, same effect
Grimnir -> 3 mana 2/3, same effect but only hits followers not face
Ouroborous -> 8 mana 8/4, same but doesn't heal for 3 anymore on death
Snow White -> 2 mana 1/2, same effect but evolved form only has 2/2

The things that land/proc before 4 were the ones that were definitely getting hit and were why NB is so favored going first.

BKB is still insane so blood certainly doesn't feel overnerfed.

Looking forward to next month's nerfs!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 30, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Bapho change kinda fucks my carabosse meme which already sucked poo poo :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also kills azazel otk :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i have been saying for weeks i want full azazel value when they nerf baphomet

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Bapho change kinda fucks my carabosse meme which already sucked poo poo :(

Tutoring for Carabosse is probably dead unless people really want to run only Baphos, Bosse, and Neutrals, but the various nerfs might help Aggro Bat Bosse be more viable. I've already been seeing builds of that in ladder and it seems to do pretty okay I guess?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Sorta wish they only removed the bapho enhance which was 100% the bullshit part, and kept the unique tutor effect to keep decks like Carabosse, Azazel, or Sneks alive.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Well you need the enhance for azazel to work.

They could have swung it the other way and said 'bloodcraft cards with power 4 (or 3) or more' and just made the tutor more limiting on your deck. Bapho was a really interesting card and it just seems like they're not willing to put in the work to keep that effect and are instead going for path of least resistance.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
What do you suggest for completing the quests where you're not meaning that class? I play Haven, but I keep getting multiplayer quests for other classes and I don't really have the cards to put together the good decks for them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Sorta wish they only removed the bapho enhance which was 100% the bullshit part, and kept the unique tutor effect to keep decks like Carabosse, Azazel, or Sneks alive.

They could have kept both. Just make it so that bapho gets a random blood follower when played regularly, and a 5+ damage one (with no reduced cost) when paying the enhance(5) cost. They just took the boring way out.

Valicious posted:

What do you suggest for completing the quests where you're not meaning that class? I play Haven, but I keep getting multiplayer quests for other classes and I don't really have the cards to put together the good decks for them.

Make an aggro neutral deck, which should work as the baseline for a deck with any class. If you go first and have a decent hand then you have a good chance of winning. If you have a crap hand just concede.

Goblin, Feria, Angel of the Word, Grimnir, Lyrial, Carrot Man, even the merman, and so on. Then, if you're playing -say- sword, you add Maisies, rabbits, and everything aggressive and go face.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 31, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

azazel otk cant happen without the reduction so that one is dead no matter what

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you are playing neutral with no alice you might want to throw some other cheese in there like valkyrie spear or something

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

azazel otk cant happen without the reduction so that one is dead no matter what

It was my favourite deck :(

On the other hand I now have 30,000 vials to play around with

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'd bought one of those 7500 crystal packs a few weeks back with the justification that I haven't bought any other games lately since I've been playing this. I'm now a lot of crystals lighter but I have 3 each of the Dragon and Shadow prebuilts so I can actually play those classes for real. I also have like 28,000 vials now so I might craft some of the neutral wallet legendaries, but I'm not sure which to focus on between Saha/Israfil/Lucifer/more Bahamuts.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I bought the blood prebuilt even though I already had 3 of pretty much everything in there. Dat belph

I'm also back to playing control blood. smdh.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Limil's Way is the best tech card in the entire dang game

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'm trying Nep and Midrange Shadow both on ladder and my Nep deck ran into and lost to a Storm Ramp Phoenix Roost Dragon deck that was pretty sweet. It seemed like the usual Storm Ramp stuff just with Roost and Wyrm God thrown in.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm trying Nep and Midrange Shadow both on ladder and my Nep deck ran into and lost to a Storm Ramp Phoenix Roost Dragon deck that was pretty sweet. It seemed like the usual Storm Ramp stuff just with Roost and Wyrm God thrown in.

I ran into more or less the same deck while running my control Sword. The poor bastard drops his roost turn 4 only for me to play Hero of Antiquity, and later in the game I had an easy answer to every big bomb he dropped. Momo ate Bahamut twice (lmao), and I had several White Ridge Swordsmen go off on things. Tsubaki killed of wyrm god pretty handily and pressured him to concede. Never drew any of my dang Alberts.

Control sword is pretty fun.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

So what have people been seeing on the ladder now for meta decks? Back to mid shadow again?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've seen a good spread of every faction except forest.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Someone tried to drop minthe into me but i had roland down turn 6, into a turn 8 hero of antiquity. That combo is nasty as hell

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've had a lot of fun with a somewhat traditional Nep deck with Test of Strength teched in. It helps in the mirror, somewhat against Ramp Dragon, and ironically enough against Aegis.

On the Dragon front, I saw mention of using Roost with Goblin Princess + Jabberwock for fun times, so I might give that a shot for fun.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Daria is good again now that neutral is dead

Once people realize that the nerfs to non-blood neutral weren't that bad Daria will be dead again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Isabelle's VA does a great job of expressing "slowly going insane"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Today i've been seeing nonstop Haven decks. Haven's just about zero loving fun to play against so 'hurray' for that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I keep running into DShift stuff when I switch to Nep and aggro stuff when I switch to DShift. I miss the pre nerf Spawn meta so much right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I ran across a hilarious deck that used queen of the dread sea to plop down deathly tyrant and arriet as a OTK. I... I kind of want to build it...

• Locked thread