Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Ugh, I'm stuck between Rank 6 and 7 and today was especially bad. Still got a 55% Win rate with the Fuso over 70 games, but why is it that I can't adapt to DD gameplay when season comes around ? I'm usually somewhat decent in destroyers, but in season games I'm absolutely garbage.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

Unlocked Jack Dunkirk. Not sure if I should throw him on my Warspite or use him on my Belfast.

Threw mine on my Fiji. My first 10 points are fairly typical including Expert Marksman but for the next 4 I will take JOAT and Smoke which are useless on BBs.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Threw my Jack Dunkirk in my Minotaur

17sec reload between 2 smokes

Since I don't play the minotaur much I might re-buy a Fiji and put him there, or wait for RN BB.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hazdoc posted:

honestly at this point I'd say only the Black, Saipan, and Belfast are the OP non-Russian ships in the game. Nikolai, Gremy, Kutuzov, and Khabarovsk are all OP.

Of those OP ships, the Gremy is questionably OP, though clearly superior to all other T5 DDs, with only the Fujin/Kamikaze being comparable (though achieving a different goal). The Nikolai is OP, but lol tier 4. Black would dominate the T9 meta if people actually had it, Belfast dominated T7 and will continue to do so for quite some time, Saipan literally serves as the biggest roadblock to CV players trying to go up the tree, Kutuzov dominates T8 and is the true source of "SMOKE IS OP PLZ NERF" complaints, and the Khab has been overperforming forever, and has been nerfed repeatedly... in every area EXCEPT the area its overperforming in.

Kaga isn't OP, its just good at farming people in randoms, it gets shut down far too easily by anything with good AA. Flint is arguably equal to the Atlanta, except the Atlanta has something exceedingly rare at T7 and the Flint doesn't. The Zao is much more in line now than it was previously, to the point that it may actually be underperforming. Fuckin French CAs. The Bismarck isn't OP... its just a really loving stupid boat that takes no effort to play but takes a lot of effort to kill. Unless you're an Enterprise. And the Fujin/Kamikaze aren't OP, they're just really good for their tier. Not saying much for a tier with a lot of lovely destroyers.

This doesn't say anything about OP ships really, but after grinding through all of the Tier 8 cruisers, NO feels really underwhelming and Charles Martel much better than the remaining 3.

Also, Moskva feels significantly OP compared to my other tier X cruisers. Granted I only own Moskava, Minotaur, and Hindenburg.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Earlier lost 4 in a row in Saipan whilst averaging a Marianas Turkey Shoot in each game and just now 5 in a row in Khabarovsk whilst averaging about 120k dmg. My WTR for today is 1.5k which for me is very high but I rocked a 38% win rate. Definately the worst weekend I can remember.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ZombieLenin posted:

This doesn't say anything about OP ships really, but after grinding through all of the Tier 8 cruisers, NO feels really underwhelming and Charles Martel much better than the remaining 3.

Also, Moskva feels significantly OP compared to my other tier X cruisers. Granted I only own Moskava, Minotaur, and Hindenburg.

Charles Martel is stupid good, but I feel like it's not that it's overpowered, it's that all other cruisers (except Kutuzov lol) are underpowered.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIWt02lN2kM

Ichase's impressions of the graf zepplin. The short version is that the ground strike is absolutely amazing and can really rip up some poo poo. However, when it comes to your fighters, things go pear shaped in that they are very fragile and weak. So with a dumb enemy cv player, it won't matter. However, against a competent cv player, you are going to struggle to do that 3xtb strike because the enemy cv has better air control than you do. That said, he did also show early on how the secondaries are actually not a complete joke. Only 4.5 km base range, but it is 14 guns per side (chase says 20, but that can't be as the secondary list is only 6x2 150s + 8x2 105s. Unless there is on on the bow under the deck that covers both sides, but that only gets you to 15. Still a mean set that was able to burn down a farragut that got too close.

And btw, this thing has to be releasing soon. I've seen notser on my suggested list with a graf impression as well. I know I linked flamu's, but I think I also linked aeroon's as well. So it is very much in the hands of the community team now which usually means it is coming very soon.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Got given some top advice by this pro-player today:

I'm not sure what he was talking about, but he was pleased with his 5-1

So how did it work out for him?

Ah, not so great. Well maybe it was just a poor game for him? How does he do on average?
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/537559657-JollyJester/!/pvp/overview/

Oh.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Just had an amazing 8 kills game with the Missouri. I think I'm finally understanding how it works.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Speaking of premiums I'm still waiting for them to release USS Kidd, goddamn

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Speaking of premiums I'm still waiting for them to release USS Kidd, goddamn

Hell, they've had the model complete for awhile on the ise refit. I'm surprised she hasn't been offered up either.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

Got given some top advice by this pro-player today:

I'm not sure what he was talking about, but he was pleased with his 5-1

So how did it work out for him?

Ah, not so great. Well maybe it was just a poor game for him? How does he do on average?
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/537559657-JollyJester/!/pvp/overview/

Oh.

5 hits 1 citadel maybe? Judging from his final score I don't think he got many more. I was gonna suggest he meant rank 5 with 1 star, but he's clearly rank 23.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

JuffoWup posted:

Hell, they've had the model complete for awhile on the ise refit. I'm surprised she hasn't been offered up either.

Really? First Tone, now Ise too?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I think my favorite thing about playing a DD is when you're tight in the islands, playing LoS games with a BB to try and trick them- and then it works, their turrets are pointed 180 degrees from you, and you're closing into shiv distance from 6KM away.

Plucky little giant slayers. :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sperglord Actual posted:

Ise, Tone, Kitakami, Kidd, Buffalo

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

As far as I've understood it. The ise model has been in the game since like, 3 or 4 months after retail.

Now, here is a fantastic game. Me? I didn't do much damage wise which is why my xp score is low. But watch the team work together to just steamroll the enemy team. Our team loses only 3 ships the entire game while the enemy is left with a shima as we win by points. This is a Chapayev in a t10 match. I did radar a bunch which did get one DD killed and the shima never could get close enough to put proper torps on people.

https://replayswows.com/replay/2614

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

JuffoWup posted:

Well the difference is that the Ise and Tone are at least understandable on why they haven't done anything with those two yet, and it's because WG is unsure on how to implement CV (well, seaplane tender in Tone's case I guess) hybrids. Whereas Kidd has been announced for like, what, 2/3 months now? It was announced before the Enterprise, Gallant, and I think Kaga, but we have all those already yet still no Kidd. I just want my dumb DD premium. :mad:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The problem with Kidd is that it was totally pointless. A US dd with slightly more AA and less torps? Why?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Dumb question but can you redo missions for pins in the Honorable Service campaign?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Yes.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

wdarkk posted:

The problem with Kidd is that it was totally pointless. A US dd with slightly more AA and less torps? Why?
"Totally pointless" never stopped any premiums before, also the last round of balancing they made to it gave it repair party in its own slot.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
People really have a hate boner for the La Galissoniere, that thing attracts fire like its the most dangerous ship in the game. My priority target indicator was up to 7 at one point from everyone shooting at me. I was more then 12km from any of them too. It would be nice if it was justified instead of this being a shittier Budyonny.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I think my favorite thing about playing a DD is when you're tight in the islands, playing LoS games with a BB to try and trick them- and then it works, their turrets are pointed 180 degrees from you, and you're closing into shiv distance from 6KM away.

Plucky little giant slayers. :3:

Yesterday I snuck within 3km of a König in my Podvoisky or whatever the T5 russian DD is without ever getting spotted. He was not happy about eating 5/6 torps coming around that island.

My Farragut grind has completely stalled after getting into the russians. It's just too much fun zooming around at 45+ and having guns that actually hit things.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

bloom posted:

My Farragut grind has completely stalled after getting into the russians. It's just too much fun zooming around at 45+ and having guns that actually hit things.

This will sound like heresy but I'm quite bored of the Khabarovsk. I think having to play 5 games in a row in it yesterday burnt me out because it is so hectic. Removing the 10km torps did nothing for the Khabs power but just made it even more one dimensional.

Yugumo on the other hand is the most under-rated ship I've played and I totally love it.

Obviously a lot of flags at work there but that's about 8% of the Tier 9 grind in one battle. I got about 100k damage from one torp spread where 5 out of 8 torps hit 3 different ships.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

People really have a hate boner for the La Galissoniere, that thing attracts fire like its the most dangerous ship in the game. My priority target indicator was up to 7 at one point from everyone shooting at me. I was more then 12km from any of them too. It would be nice if it was justified instead of this being a shittier Budyonny.

People love hunting the easy damage, people will drop everything taking 1 in 1000 shots to try and drop a citadel on thr La Gal. Its the same problem the Pensecola has really.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Also La Gal is much better than Budyonny and starts fires like nothing else at tier, between that and cruiser armour there's little wonder everyone drops everything to shoot at one

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

El Disco posted:

5 hits 1 citadel maybe? Judging from his final score I don't think he got many more. I was gonna suggest he meant rank 5 with 1 star, but he's clearly rank 23.

That would be the saddest boast.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

That would be the saddest boast.

Well he does seem to be a pretty sad player...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I've been watching Kings of the Sea a little: apparently the Charles Martel is good enough to be used in competitive as a flanking force/HE spammer.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So, knock on wood. After bringing my Galant into ranked I've had 9 wins and zero losses.

I feel like Galant broke ranked.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

So, knock on wood. After bringing my Galant into ranked I've had 9 wins and zero losses.

I feel like Galant broke ranked.

The Gallant doesn't seem much stronger than any other of the good picks at 6. Its got 2nd best concealment and interesting torps, but the guns are... kinda anemic, to be honest. Its a good option if you're fond of outspotting stuff, but it won't torp like a Fubuki (or even a Hatsu), and it won't gun like an Anshan or Shinonome. A truer hybrid than the Farragut or Gaede, essentially.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

My summer sunday: from rank 6 to rank 4 and several hours later into mid-rank 5. I still have about a week to hit rank 1.....

Ranked needs some kind of rework. I don't even want the doubloons for reaching rank 1, all I'm interested in are the limited ships. This game mode is such a cesspool that I usually don't want to touch this game anymore between seasons, because the season grind burns you out.

And then the players: even at rank 4 you see Nurenbergs or Gaedes, I even saw an Aoba. There are DD players who still rush into the cap zone, pop smoke for themselves and then sit in it, until the inevitable counter torps sink them. How did they ever reach that bracket ? :psyboom:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 30, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

You've waited way too long to get to that rank. By this point, the terrible players who are truly determined have reached those ranks, so have fun trying to win with the same types of players who were loving you over way back in the teen ranks.

Basically, hit your head against wall long enough and you can eventually fail your way to the top. It just requires an absolutely absurd number of games.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

By this point, the terrible players who are truly determined have reached those ranks, so have fun trying to win with the same types of players who were loving you over way back in the teen ranks.

Rank six, ladies and gentlemen.

I regret not having my Shino to blast up the ranks in the first week or so because fuuuuuuuuuck playing it now. I'll wait for next season.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I've only got to rank 10, but I had two battles today with an Independence on each team :sigh:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

My long term goal is to become good at CVs again as I was in Alpha/Beta. I had the same good CV player on my team for two games in a row and even the shitters could not make use lose.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

My long term goal is to become good at CVs again as I was in Alpha/Beta. I had the same good CV player on my team for two games in a row and even the shitters could not make use lose.

Look at the mini map. Just look at it. Congratulations, you are better than 80% of the CV players on the field.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

The weekend is almost over... The weekend is almost over...

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

The weekend is almost over... The weekend is almost over...

The weekend is never over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Isn't it summer vacation in North America?