Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

euphronius posted:

I mean he's admitting he has to commit crimes to stop Obamacare from working.

have you considered these are good crimes and also he's white/rich/MY PRESIDENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut Butler posted:

as a Royals fan, the Cubs are nice and I hope they do good baseball!

<---

As a Cubs fan, it felt really good to finally win the World Series and I kind of hope the Indians somehow manage to get back to the WS and win it this year. Unless they are also playing the Cubs again. Also, thanks for Davis and Zobrist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

jill stein is a drat russkie spy but she was humanized for me after i learned she sang in a 90s britpop band
Which one?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kaleedity posted:

obama did some of that

frankly I'm surprised someone like sessions didn't bring up impeachment for how they handled marijuana

iirc he didn't enforce laws that he considered unconstitutional

that is completely different and also normal

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
lmao if u think the GOP house and senate will impeach for literally anything

I'd love to be wrong tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Higgy posted:

I'd love to be wrong tho

idk

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oasis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Higgy posted:

I'd love to be wrong tho

I don't think he'll be impeached for stopping the payments, just that it is going to cause Comey levels of hell-raising

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm going to play d3 now

love you all

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Does impeaching take 60 or 51? Because I'll lmbo if Trump's one weird trick to get rid of the fillibuster ends with 51 people sacking him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

logikv9 posted:

pls don't bash the entire suck zone thread

why not

no seriously, why not

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3zMIeHsgA

maybe not technically britpop since not british but more of the sound

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

euphronius posted:

iirc he didn't enforce laws that he considered unconstitutional

that is completely different and also normal

is there anything trump can do that is unconstitutional for a republican

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Higgy posted:

I'd love to be wrong tho

they won't impeach him of course but he can absolutely be forced to pay

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Naerasa posted:

Does impeaching take 60 or 51? Because I'll lmbo if Trump's one weird trick to get rid of the fillibuster ends with 51 people sacking him.

Impeachment requires 1/2 of the house, iirc, conviction requires 2/3 of the senate.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Peanut Butler posted:

he's like tommy chong but for cholesterol

as a Royals fan, the Cubs are nice and I hope they do good baseball!

thanks baseball buddy :hfive:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Chokes McGee posted:

why not

no seriously, why not

it was a joke

in trump's america there are no rules

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Naerasa posted:

Pretty sure it's 2/3rds majority so they'd need somewhere in the range of 65-66

gently caress if I know though and I'm too busy playing Castlevania IV to go look

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Impeachment requires 1/2 of the house, iirc, conviction requires 2/3 of the senate.

yeah yeah yeah get outta here with that poo poo, college boy

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
For real though, I wonder how long it would take Trump to piss off like 15 Senate repubs if he really put his mind to it. Like, four days?

EDIT: Holy poo poo it's actualy possible to double post in this thread :aaa:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

People I know who are close to poo poo in DC say he's planning to have a press conference or something Tuesday to announce he's going to "let Obamacare fail" by stopping payment on all subsidies.

I've been reading a few articles on how that could turbofuck him though and all the red states though.

Here's a thread that explains it:

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/891692538066853888

yeah this would be the worst possible thing he could do for himself at this point

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hmmmmm, this reminds me of something in history

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
look I'd love to agree with ya'll but Ive had p much all optimism crushed

the health care vote was a nice shot in the arm of mattering but I need a sustained level of mattering to fill that tank again

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Naerasa posted:

For real though, I wonder how long it would take Trump to piss off like 15 Senate repubs if he really put his mind to it. Like, four days?

EDIT: Holy poo poo it's actualy possible to double post in this thread :dogpop:

they won't do it because they are all cucks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

hmmmmm, this reminds me of something in history

it's amazing how despite everything else being different and insane this particular subplot mirrors nixon almost exactly

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Office Pig posted:

he reminds me of a chipmunk

he reminds me of my dad, including the lisp

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also trump's major weakness, besides the fact that he's a mentally-challenged orange nazi, is that he has no loving clue what his authority is.

like we've seen that a lot of the government can straight-up ignore his decrees without consequence

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/891773237750669312

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the chief executive is at once the most powerful person in the country and also an impotent flailing retard who the country can utterly ignore

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Naerasa posted:

You ever think about how the president can threaten not to execute the law, but the law says you can't threaten to execute the president?

:catdrugs:

Everyone please take note; this is the lesson our country has desperately needed to learn since at least Nixon and if you take one lesson away from this whole trump debacle it should be this exact sentence.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
trump is trying to shoot the moon criminally where if he succeeds in committing all possible crimes he can't be convicted of any given one

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
This period of time will be remembered as The Lmaos

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

the chief executive is at once the most powerful person in the country and also an impotent flailing retard who the country can utterly ignore

pretty much!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yinlock posted:

it's amazing how despite everything else being different and insane this particular subplot mirrors nixon almost exactly

nixon's only mistake was that he got caught

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean trump would be extremely dangerous if he knew what he could accomplish and how he could accomplish it

instead he thinks the presidency works by divine decree and his word is law, and while he has godlike invincibility he has no other powers of note

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

marmot25 posted:

trump is trying to shoot the moon criminally where if he succeeds in committing all possible crimes he can't be convicted of any given one

the three stooges legal defense is difficult to pull off but is very high reward

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/keanu_weaves/status/891767328135798784

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Yinlock posted:

i mean trump would be extremely dangerous if he knew what he could accomplish and how he could accomplish it

instead he thinks the presidency works by divine decree and his word is law, and while he has godlike invincibility he has no other powers of note

He can drink piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

nixon's only mistake was that he got caught

no nixon's one mistake was not committing his crimes openly, they can't convict you if you're constantly caught committing crimes, apparently

• Locked thread