Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Emergency Session of the Majlis

As 1670 dawns, Sultan Utman III flees to the loyalist stronghold of Tulaytullah, City of Sultans. Rumour has it that he is gathering a large army, which he intends to march on Qadis and forcibly dissolve the Majlis, once and for all. At the same time, an emergency session of the Majlis meets in Qadis, where they will debate how to best tackle the looming of this destructive crisis.

For this particular session, however, there will be no policies or legislation, the immediate future of Al Andalus is already set in stone. Instead, each and every member of the Majlis is faced with a choice – flee to join the Sultan at Tulaytullah, or join the Majlis Assembly at Qadis – embrace the crazed ambitions of the Sultan, or protect the ancient institution of the Majlis – back the Sultan, or the Majlis?

A – The Sultan

Sultan Utman is bent on destroying the Majlis, an institution as old as Al Andalus itself, and establish an absolute monarchy in its place. Though certainly ambitious, an absolute monarchy means Al Andalus will be nothing more than the plaything of its sultans, and is sure to cause further crisis in later years.

B – The Majlis

Sultans have been a constant danger to the survival of Al Andalus, and an absolute sultanate will only confirm its destruction. The sultan should be nothing more than the first amongst equals, with his powers curbed and limited, the rights of law and army in the hands of the assembly, and all his vassals having the greater say in how Al Andalus ought to be ruled.

Choose wisely, for your decision will forever change the Sultanate of Al Andalus, and thus the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is not a matter of debate.

B - The Majils

I urge all Taifas to flock to the colors, and for the other two legitimate factions to do the same. We needs must bring an end to this nonsense lest our enemies take advantage again. We shall revoke Utman's crown and grant it to Ismail, secure the latter, and deliver to Utman the due punishments for treason against the nation.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 30, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

We cant let the Sultan destroy this nation, that's our job!

B - The Majils

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B – The Majlis

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
A - The Sultan

The incompetence of the Majlis has just led to one disaster after another for Al-Andalus. Let us entrust full power to the Jizrunid sultan to ensure prosperity, stability, and victory!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
A - The Sultan

Honestly I just want to get rid off the stupid list of demands that became policies.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
B – The Majlis

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
A- I will fight to the end with our Sultan.

This maximizes the chances of us getting a revolution later on, right? Revolutionary Islamic Iberia is the best Iberia

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
B - The Majlis

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
B! At least we vote on running the country into the ground!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

B – The Majlis

The Mad Sultan must be stopped.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

A-The Sultan
You shouldn't have chosen humanism.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
A - The Sultan

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
B

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
B This madman sultan must be stopped!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B, The Majils. He's mad, and refused our holy war against the French.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

B, The Majils

The Constitutional Republic of Andalus is a dream worth dying for.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
b who is the Islamic Oliver Cromwell?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

B. The Taifas won't be denied our ancient rights and dues. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

B, I stand with the Maijis!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
B- While I can understand that Al-Andalus is in a crisis (merchaaants :argh:) consolidating power in the hands of a madman is the height of foolishness. Even if this sultan is a competent man, there is no guarantee that his heirs will all be. Also, he prevented us from loving with France.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
A to spite the merchants

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A

Maxing out the Sultan's power/absolutism better get us a revolution later on, I demand Muslim Napoleon

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Current tally:

A - 7 - Mountaineer, Hitlers Gay Secret, Snipee, Ralepozozaxe, kibaces, Flavius Belisarius, Crazycryodude.

B - 15 - Rodyle, Ikasuhito, mcclay, Danny Glands, Weebus, catlord, RZApublican, the JJ, MuteAllison, AJ_Impy, WilliamAnderson, everydayfalls, Lord Cyrahzax, Yvonmukluk, Grizzwold.

I should point out that A coming out on top doesn't necessarily mean the Sultan becomes an absolute monarch, and B doesn't 100% mean we get a constitutional monarchy or a Muslim Cromwell or whatever. Instead, the relative sizes of the two different camps will be translated into the size of the rebellions, relative to our force limit and current standing army, making things a bit trickier to predict, because I don't doubt there's going to be a ton of separatists revolting and confusing things as well.

edit: Also, the eventual victors of the fitna will remember those who stood against them.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 30, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Also, yay we spawned manufactories :neckbeard:

I just hope the horrific civil war we've got brewing doesn't smother the Industrial Revolution in its cradle and hand that lead to the Celts or whoever come Victoria.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

B - The Majils, let's run this to the ground!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Al-Andalus is strongest when Sultan and Majlis work as partners, hand in hand. Backing this man will doom us all.

B-The Majlis

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
B

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
A - The Sultan

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
B - The Majlis

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
B - The Majlis. It is given to Allah alone to be an absolute ruler; all others must take counsel. If the Sultan believes himself beyond advice and the influence of the Majlis, then he is mad.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
B – The Majlis

I will not see Al Andalus become subjected to the whims of a madman!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
B – The Majlis

<its_happening.gif>

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A. The Sultan was proclaimed Sultan by Allah's will! We cannot overthrow the Will of God, blasphemous fools!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Let it B.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
B: The Malijis for the sultan was so mad as to listen to the merchants

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
So many traitors siding with the Majlis! Come on, Loyalists, are you going to sit back and let them win?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It would be very funny if this just turned into the two governing parties eating the two non-governing parties for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B: The Malijis

I see no possible way this could go wrong