Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I always wondered where his summons appeared from...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Anyone know what acc I should shoot for in omen?

Edit: Ok found it. I need to hit like 1200 or so on fodder, which I should be able to make. I may not be able to hit the acc requisit for a nm without switching to /war, but you can only do one omen a day, and I need whatever cards I can get.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 13, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

frodnonnag posted:

This would involve me not being a lazy poo poo.

P.s. fucksticks. Do ALL the vanaversary roe quests. The keys can net you the rare bodies from omen. How rare are they? My group has been pretty consistent on omen since implementation, we have only seen 2 bodies drop total.

frod make the guide im like 2 or 3 days from finishing nirvana if i can get alex supply

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

SE: Did you like last month when we gave you like every campaign for 24 hours

Players: yes very much

SE: OK how about instead of that we make the level -1 monsters big instead

Players: wat no

SE: They drop costume consumables

Players: again, no

SE: too bad

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

frod make the guide im like 2 or 3 days from finishing nirvana if i can get alex supply

Step 1. Equip a physical bp rage gearset.

Step 2. Astral flow > apogee >volt x2 > conduit > spam volt until dead.

Congrats, you are now king deeps on like 90% of endgame because SE can't balance for poo poo.

What about other gearsets? Gearsets are for suckers.

What if my two 1hr abilities are down? Go stand in a corner.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 14, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Step 1. Equip a physical bp rage gearset.

Step 2. Astral flow > apogee >volt x2 > conduit > spam volt until dead.

Congrats, you are now king deeps on like 90% of endgame because SE can't balance for poo poo.

What about other gearsets? Gearsets are for suckers.

What if my two 1hr abilities are down? Go stand in a corner.

is good

Helios or Apogee/+1 or AF +2/3 for the set?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

is good

Helios or Apogee/+1 or AF +2/3 for the set?

Apogee +1 head or perfect bpd da atk helios band.
Af+3 body
Merlinic hands ( 10 bpd, str or dex stat, and any amount of acc or atk)
Apogee+1 d legs
Apogee+1 a feet (atk)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok I was massively wrong about my accuracy, but now I'm into 1100 acc. Looks like I'll be spamming ambuscade until I get a full +1 set from there before I can bother with omen.

loving 1200 for the trash mobs? The post I read was from like 2 years ago, didn't mob evasion get nerfed awhile back?

Edit: ok I can do this. I need those cards. Just enough for the +2 set. I have barely enough cash for the ore mats you have to buy, and I have all the other upgrade mats already. All I need are the cards and I'll have my +2 AF set.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 15, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jadey,

Tell me everything I need to know about tanking and soloing escha as a PUP with 1200+ JP's

tia

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

Jadey,

Tell me everything I need to know about tanking and soloing escha as a PUP with 1200+ JP's

tia

Here are the sets I use, one for full-on tanking and one for soloing Escha NMs without additional damage:

sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.DT = {
main={ name="Oberon's Sainti", augments={'DMG:+1','Add.eff.:Blindness+14','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},
range="Animator P +1",
ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
head={ name="Anwig Salade", augments={'Attack+3','Pet: Damage taken -10%','Accuracy+3','Pet: Haste+5',}},
body={ name="Rao Togi +1", augments={'Pet: HP+125','Pet: Accuracy+20','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
hands={ name="Rao Kote +1", augments={'Pet: HP+125','Pet: Accuracy+20','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
legs={ name="Rao Haidate +1", augments={'Pet: HP+125','Pet: Accuracy+20','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
feet={ name="Rao Sune-Ate +1", augments={'Pet: HP+125','Pet: Accuracy+20','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
neck="Shepherd's Chain",
waist="Isa Belt",
left_ear="Enmerkar Earring",
right_ear="Rimeice Earring",
left_ring="Thur. Ring +1",
right_ring="Overbearing Ring",
back="Visucius's Mantle",}

(Mantle is pet: Haste10 Acc30 Racc30 Atk20 Ratk20) - you can make subs like Midnights with the DT augment but do your best to get as much DT as possible because PUP can cap MDT at 50 and PDT at 87.5 with gear/maneuvers/attachments.) Use Valoredge frame and Soulsoother body with these attachments:

Auto-Repair Kit IV
Flashbulb
Optic Fiber 1+2
Strobe 1+2
Armor Plate IV
Mana Jammer IV
Turbo Charger 1+2
Resister II
and anything else in the final slot (another Mana Jammer or Resister can work, Tactical Processor, Disruptor or Regulator if you want to steal Pro/Shell from a mob.) Tank with 2 light/1 fire

For a damage puppet you want a ton of Pet: Store TP to try and get a 3 hit setup with triple Fire Maneuvers. You need something like 190-195 STP to 3hit and you get ~130 through triple Fire Inhibitors so you get the rest through augments on Herculean and Pitre+1 body. Aim for something like this:

sets.pet.STP = {
main={ name="Ohtas", augments={'Accuracy+70','Pet: Accuracy+70','Pet: Haste+10%',}},
range="Animator P +1",
ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Pet: Attack+30 Pet: Rng.Atk.+30','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: STR+2',}},
body={ name="Pitre Tobe +1", augments={'Enhances "Overdrive" effect',}},
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+13','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: AGI+9','Pet: Attack+11 Pet: Rng.Atk.+11',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+17 Pet: Rng. Acc.+17','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: STR+5','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+5',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+21 Pet: Rng. Acc.+21','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: INT+1','Pet: Attack+14 Pet: Rng.Atk.+14','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+2',}},
neck="Shulmanu Collar",
waist="Incarnation Sash",
left_ear="Domes. Earring",
right_ear="Enmerkar Earring",
left_ring="Thur. Ring +1",
right_ring="Varar Ring",
back={ name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Accuracy+10 Pet: Rng. Acc.+10','Pet: Haste+10',}},
}

with these attachments:

Optic Fiber 1+2
Auto-Repair Kit IV
Armor Plate IV
Mana Jammer IV
Inhibitor 1+2
Attuner
Target Marker
Turbo Charger 1+2
and something else in the final slot depending on ilvl of mob, either more attack, accuracy, or multiattack with a Coiler

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
gently caress man, the delve boss of morimar basalt fields is no joke. We lost two trusts very early on but held our own for a good portion of the fight. At half health we lost the tank, but still recovered until he hit 23% and proceeded to half max hp, stun and silence us all. For the third time in the fight.

Them I learn you can dispell his aura, and of course we had a RDM. Oh well, another time I guess. I need his horn and ring, so I'll be at him again later.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I updated my windows and now I'm getting the no direct x error on game launch. so frustrating.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lladre posted:

I updated my windows and now I'm getting the no direct x error on game launch. so frustrating.

Are you on a laptop?

Do you have the right version of the game installed?

Did you perform the right ritualistic sacrifice to the correct elder god?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Lladre posted:

Win10 should let you download DirectPlay when you try to launch FFXI, failing that, check Google for the Direct X 9 installer and let that run. I had to do that to get XI working on my new laptop.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15692/detail.html

The following campaigns will be held starting on Friday, August 11, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT).

Campaign Period: Friday, August 11, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, August 31 at 7:59 a.m.

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
Surge Walk Campaign
Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
Geas Fete Campaign - PLUS!
Reisenjima Geas Fete Equipment Campaign
Domain Invasion Campaign
Domain Invasion Anti-Predator Campaign
Azi Dahaka in Escha - Zi'Tah
Naga Raja in Escha - Ru'Aun

Additionally, another series of campaigns will be hitting the servers in Mid-August!

Campaign Period: Monday, August 14, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, August 21, at 7:59 a.m.

Chain Experience Bonus Campaign
Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign
Chain Monstrosity Bonus Campaign
Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
Double Synthesis Skill Increase Campaign
Surge Walk Campaign
Alter Ego Expo
Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
Geas Fete Campaign - PLUS!
Reisenjima Geas Fete Equipment Campaign
Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Domain Invasion Campaign
Domain Invasion Anti-Predator Campaign
Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign
Combat and Magic Skill Increase campaign

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Oh I guess I am technically logged in here I'm Colby

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I bought a copy of this game years ago, and found it yesterday. Never used reg code, etc. I'm waiting for the client to update and then I'm making a character. Is the goon LS still on Asura?

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

mister magpie posted:

I bought a copy of this game years ago, and found it yesterday. Never used reg code, etc. I'm waiting for the client to update and then I'm making a character. Is the goon LS still on Asura?

Yeah, Frod is who gave me a pearl /t him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtwAnrk13o

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

nene. posted:

Yeah, Frod is who gave me a pearl /t him

I've been on business trip all week and haven't been on! :v:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
If you still need a pearl you can contact spritemage. If I'm on I'll get you one.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hi, so I've been playing FFXIV for a couple of years, but I've been pretty curious about FFXI. I played MMOs back then, but never really tried FFXI. Heard they made it a lot less punishing and difficult, which is perfectly OK with me, saw it was on sale for $10, and since I am a big dumb idiot with no impulse control, I am now a Tarutaru Warrior named Frostypox on Asura. What have I done? :cripes:

Actually getting into the game seemed to be the first boss since setting up your account and logging in and poo poo was... not intuitive.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Reddit LS

You were a linkshell.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

:rip: Reddit LS

You were a linkshell.

Technically two linkshells.

What happened?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

WarMECH posted:

Technically two linkshells.

What happened?

Creator was finally officially quitting, which is impressive he stuck around this long despite never really playing. You don't really have any options available in terms of passing down the head honcho position in game, either, so his hands were kinda tied there.

He also mentioned some LS drama involving banned members repeatedly getting pearls back, so some issues with sackholders I guess. I don't really pay attention enough to their conversations to know.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So I was gonna buy the game on steam but it seems it wont let me. What happened?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kuai posted:

So I was gonna buy the game on steam but it seems it wont let me. What happened?

Buy it direct off the SE store. it's :10bux:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

Actually getting into the game seemed to be the first boss

It's the 10+ hour update that's the real boss fight :negative:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gloomy Rube posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkVv4pJqNc

Kuai
May 25, 2004

I have funds in my steam wallet I want to use though

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gloomy Rube posted:

Figuring out the really obtuse interface and controls is a miniboss fight.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I actually found I got used to the controls pretty quickly. I still think I might buy a controller cuz it'll be a lot less awkward to play with one, but I can actually make do with the mouse and keyboard.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

That hit me hard.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

This game is cool and I have no idea what I'm doing. Got a Trust NPC, punched some mobs, got a quest from Shantotto (O~hohohohohohohohohoho), I guess I need to find an axe because axe=good for Warrior

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
I reuped and upgraded to latest expansion the wrong account as i felt like (trying to) play this again as apparently i never learn. Guess im coming back again starting over. Also for added fun no Windower for me as im on Linux now and Wine dont run Windower at all.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This game is good. Hit 99 last summer and quit but have geared up to 119 recently and the amount of poo poo to do and gear to get is awesome.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Can i get a list of names to /tell for a pearl ?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

okay gently caress it, whats a legit place to just buy gil.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

okay gently caress it, whats a legit place to just buy gil.
Right here.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

\/\/\/\/\/\/,3rosa|e,com 3=B |=L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Are private servers a big thing? Official servers seem lucky to clear 800 lately.