Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

a kitten posted:

I miss the Director :smith:.

I miss director...whats her name?

Director Orgone Energy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Olga Anime

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't there supposed to be a 40 ap availabile once you clear the other missions?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Really regretting not grinding Muscle Spirit even more as I still need to pick up one of the lores.. Just 141 golds left to go.. and 155 bronzes to pick up the Horseshoes and Gears.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

a kitten posted:

I miss the Director :smith:.

Olga is great, and such a tragedy things ended so quickly for her. Here's hoping some plot silliness in Arc 2 brings her back, in style. I'd even settle for an event.

I'm totally serious, by the way. She's definitely the most interesting part of Fuyuki, and I love how her attitude stems in part from the fact she *should* be such a great Master, but the genetic lottery just didn't work out in her favor, and she's stuck trying to prove herself to everyone who said she'd never amount to nothing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeesh, glorious Rome almost kicked my rear end. Thanks to whoever's Overpowered Jeanne it was that got me through it.

It might not have been quite as tense if I didn't forget my back line was full of way underleveled servants i stuck there to get easy bond points while farming.

Sylphid posted:

Olga is great, and such a tragedy things ended so quickly for her. Here's hoping some plot silliness in Arc 2 brings her back, in style. I'd even settle for an event.

I'm totally serious, by the way. She's definitely the most interesting part of Fuyuki, and I love how her attitude stems in part from the fact she *should* be such a great Master, but the genetic lottery just didn't work out in her favor, and she's stuck trying to prove herself to everyone who said she'd never amount to nothing.

:yeah:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 31, 2017

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Hmm, I was under the assumption the 40ap portion would be around for the entire finals period. Guess I was wrong! Someone on reddit offhandedly mentioned it's only on the last day. If that's the truth, I'll just grind 30ap until I get my last crystallized lore and farm 20ap for snake jewels.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Sylphid posted:

Plus the whole never had anyone be nice to her ever bit. I mean, I knew it was coming, but having her last moments lamenting that no one ever praised her actually kinda got me.

On another, less dumb note, I think I'm going to stop with one lore and just work on getting pieces/monuments/etc. for now. I have a lot of guys I want to ascend but am off by like two pieces/monuments each. It will be a nice power boost to get some people up to 3rd ascension.

gently caress that lancer dragon, my heaviest hitter is a saber, but my second best is Archer, so that's not too fun.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It bugs me that Holmes' classic line doesn't end with Watson. Like, it makes sense that it doesn't, because Watson isn't around, but still. Either have the full iconic line, or just end it at Elementary.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Great (I guess?) Rome is the single best encounter in this event so far :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
First try on the 20AP got me a Serpent Gem!

Now I need to level up a whole bunch of Servants once the festival ends

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Do any of the event maps drop Serpent Jewel?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Virtue posted:

Do any of the event maps drop Serpent Jewel?

20AP fight for the next 3 days.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
goddamn, great Rome is hard.

stupid dragon

yeah, there's no way I can farm off this mission considering I saw the dragon stomp 3x and killed my entire front line.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 31, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's the first time George has sadly not been the be all end all solution to my defensive needs. That said a high level Altera or Saber Alter support should be able to carry you just fine.

As of this morning I hit my bronze target and am about 25 silvers and 240 golds away from finishing Nerofest :toot:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Artoria/Heracles/Artoria (ideally alter) work fine for me, just set herc to evade for two turns so he can drink up NP with the other two then NP down the bosses. I'm doing ok with just dragon's meridian CEs, would be even faster with higher starting NP stuff.

Praying for a single dragon scale drop today so I can get Artoria 90 and Gil 80 otherwise I have to choose between the two.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gologle posted:

It bugs me that Holmes' classic line doesn't end with Watson. Like, it makes sense that it doesn't, because Watson isn't around, but still. Either have the full iconic line, or just end it at Elementary.

This is as close as he ever got to saying it. :colbert:

quote:

“I have the advantage of knowing your habits, my dear Watson,” said he. “When your round is a short one you walk, and when it is a long one you use a hansom. As I perceive that your boots, although used, are by no means dirty, I cannot doubt that you are at present busy enough to justify the hansom.”

“Excellent!” I cried.

“Elementary,” said he.

...well in the books anyway, he has said it in the movies. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's a Dragon Lancer so for once Sumanai weeps tears of joy.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Doing the final memorial quest has made me realize that Merlin has permanently hosed up the game because it feels like every boss is now balanced around people having him

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Doing the final memorial quest has made me realize that Merlin has permanently hosed up the game because it feels like every boss is now balanced around people having him

Well obviously they just need to release a few more equally OP Support Servants.

(Give playable Solomon)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
goddamn it, I'm so used to getting piles of gold medals, now that I can run through the 20ap mission, I keep getting like... 2 per trip.

sad days, I should be only able to get 2 lores.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
20AP is the worst quest to run for medals. Alternating the 5, 10 and 30 will give you more of every kind of medal per AP than running the 20 would, so only run the 20AP if you need Snake Jewels.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
b-b-but I can't beat the 30 mission :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure I agree, I feel more often than not three 20AP runs would give me more golds than two 30AP. You still need the 30AP IMO because without it you're likely not leveling up each day, but otherwise I've been running the 20AP as often as possible and I've been pretty good on my medal levels.

E: Tired Moritz, if you don't already have some Alteras/Artorias/Saber Alters in your friend list maybe prune some of your level 1 Mash friends or folks who haven't logged on in a long time and add them from the friend list. They should be able to survive the dragon just fine as long as you kill it before it fires its NP.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 31, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There are no shortage of level 70+ Artotrias/Alteras running around. Bring them as Supports and you can wreck face. And if you run into a Sumanai he'll do the job too.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh I guess I can go Cu chu/Cu chu proto/Alteria and have the two lancers spam their dodge skill. I don't know how well they can survive in the second round though.

having no 5* is suffering

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

From the Facebook page

quote:

The exchange period for some items in Da Vinci Workshop's Mana Prism Exchange will reset on 7/31 at 23:59 UTC! Don't forget to exchange yours soon!

:toot:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

b-b-but I can't beat the 30 mission :(

Any high-level Altera or Artoria friends with starting NP CEs? I haven't tested, but they should be able to solo it. The key thing is that the dragon can't focus damage, so one high level member has as much survivability as a high level team. NP the servants, which should take out everyone except Caesar. Then finish him off.

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not sure I agree, I feel more often than not three 20AP runs would give me more golds than two 30AP. You still need the 30AP IMO because without it you're likely not leveling up each day, but otherwise I've been running the 20AP as often as possible and I've been pretty good on my medal levels.

The crowdsourced drop rates say that three 20AP runs will average 9 golds, two 30AP runs will average 12. The weird way the medals are given out makes it hard to get an accurate sense from intuition.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I could possibly just be unlucky but had anyone gotten more than 9 gold medals from a single 30ap run? I don't think I've managed to see a single combination of gold medals go over 9

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

The crowdsourced drop rates say that three 20AP runs will average 9 golds, two 30AP runs will average 12. The weird way the medals are given out makes it hard to get an accurate sense from intuition.

This matches my drop rates for the 30ap yea. My runs gets me generally 6-8, with the occasional 5 or 9.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cyxx posted:

I could possibly just be unlucky but had anyone gotten more than 9 gold medals from a single 30ap run? I don't think I've managed to see a single combination of gold medals go over 9

Yeah, I've seen multiple 5xGolds drop in the same run once or twice. It's like rolling three dice, though; most runs are going to have a total that's close to the average.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Vengarr posted:

It seems the main scenario writer for Orleans and Septem was the same guy that wrote Apocrypha, to my absolute lack of surprise.
Fuyuki = Nasu
Orleans = Higashide (Apocrypha)
Septem = Sakurai (Prototype Fragments)
Okeanos = Higashide
London = Sakurai
USA = Not sure, at this point they rejiggered the whole writing process. Originally planned to be Higashide. This was the first chapter they wrote after they received feedback on the game (which could be summarized as "wow our players actually do care about the plot!")
Camelot = Primarily Nasu, dude got inspired. Originally planned to be Sakurai.
Babylon = Nasu.

a kitten posted:

This is as close as he ever got to saying it. :colbert:

...well in the books anyway, he has said it in the movies. :v:

Part of his Bond 5 profile entry posted:

Furthermore, this True Name is associated with one of Holmes' famous saying, but, in reality, he first stated those words not in Doyle's Novel, but in the actor-manager, playwright, and stage-manager, William Gillette's theater drama. Doyle praised the Holmes that Gillette's played as "Beyond the one in my own novel."
By the way, in a short story [The Adventure of the Crooked Man] that Doyle's wrote, Holmes said to Watson "Elementary," and it is said this is the source of Gillette's inspiration.
:eng101:
Japanese anime games teaching about western fiction!

Freak Futanari posted:

I used an artsmeme team with waver and tamamo though? It was definitely designed to gently caress over all the support casters, though, what with the focusing. It was more tolerable if you brought two, because then she'd split her attacks.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Septem was Sakurai? Strange I usually like her stuff but that was rather uninspired. Better than Orleans though.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What. Orleans is like 100 times better than Septem.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kyte posted:

:eng101:
Japanese anime games teaching about western fiction!

Neat!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lt. Lizard posted:

What. Orleans is like 100 times better than Septem.

Orleans was bad because Jeanne is bad.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Orleans felt like it had the most filler so far, and the dullest interludes. The very end was okay.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Marie and Mozart were both written by Nasu according to one of his interviews.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The plot of both chapters felt pretty pointless and unengaging. At least the latter tied into the greater plot and Nero's quirks were at least more amusing than anything in Orleans. Still would have dropped it if I wasn't led to expect more from later chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011
I think I enjoyed Orleans more than Septem. Since I could understand and actually read the story it gave me a better appreciation for the characters that I have never really used in the JP version such as Mozart and Marie, while the Septem servants didn't really do much except for Nero.

I've been finding the 30ap relatively easy to do with a party of Nero, Caesar and a high-level goon support Saber, generally a Alter, all with NP start CEs. Use the first few rounds to build up NP gauge, have Caesar use his NP on the dragon or the Supports busters, and for the second round blast the romans with both Nero's and Alters NPs after buffing. The enemy Caesar is the only one who might survive but he can be finished off easily. I've been finding around the medals give an average of 7 or 8. I'm pretty sure that if any silver medals drop in the 30ap they are automatically a 5 stack.

On the JP side of things, I have just been very lucky and managed to get Holmes, my first Ruler, on the first of the restocked shop tickets after having previously exhausted the quartz left after the summer re-run trying to get him. Now the anniversary quartz is safe until the next event, where I probably won't get anything considering that I have been very fortunate in general regarding 5 stars. Time to put the half ap event and apple stockpiles to work levelling him.

Edit: I need 3 more Archer Pieces to be able to ascend him and the Archer daily was yesterday. Time to slowly grind free quests for them.

Miltith75 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 1, 2017