Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

drowned in pussy juice posted:

i'm pretty sure euron is not only a merger of two of the greyjoy brothers from the books but also aurene waters, the dude who owns cersei and steals all her ships to become a pirate king

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm pretty confident saying you can assume euron is going to eat cersei's butthole

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Euron's new theme song.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
are we supposed to think highgarden had no armies left or that they got defeated offscreen? Did they spend all their meagre budget on the small casterly rock siege?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Such a wonderfully written show, I'm honored to be a part of television history.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Athropos posted:

are we supposed to think highgarden had no armies left or that they got defeated offscreen? Did they spend all their meagre budget on the small casterly rock siege?

I'm wondering where the Lannister's supply train was. Yeah, I'm a nerd who thinks about that stuff.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Athropos posted:

All the extras blew up along with their named characters when Cersei did a 9/11 on them.

Also goddamn Emilia Clarke can't act for poo poo.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i'm pretty sure euron is not only a merger of two of the greyjoy brothers from the books but also aurene waters, the dude who owns cersei and steals all her ships to become a pirate king

euron being some badass captain is definitely the show folding victarian into him

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Euron is the only loving character I care about now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That was terrible.

Varys and Red Bitch gonna die.
Sam getting punished by having to read a bunch of poo poo oh boy.
Dany never got raped.
At least Jamie knows Tyrion was innocent.

But holy poo poo. who wrote this? dany is a totally different character and now her hot translator chick is acting weird, too. This season has been awful.

4 eps to go.

AT LEAST WE GET ICE DRAGON!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waltzing Along posted:

Dany never got raped.

GRRM account spotted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Arcsquad12 posted:

GRRM account spotted.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Only things I want out of this season is the Hound's roast comedy tour and zombie Hodor smashing Brann with a door, until then Emilia Clarke's bad acting + the adventures of the brain damaged Euron and his Fast and Furious boat will suffice.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Jon Snow and Dany are both wooden and boring and have no chemistry. Whatever the opposite of on-screen sizzle is, they have it in spades.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Dany was like, 14 when she married Khal Drogo and had no choice whatsoever about getting plowed on her weddin night so.... like.... drat guys, thas rape ya know?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

bag em and tag em posted:

Dany was like, 14 when she married Khal Drogo and had no choice whatsoever about getting plowed on her weddin night so.... like.... drat guys, thas rape ya know?

Seriously, in their post-wedding scene it was very clear that it was not-at-all consensual.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Blue Raider posted:

euron being some badass captain is definitely the show folding victarian into him

they gave him the most boring bits of Victarion which is "is on a boat and hits dudes with an axe", where is his full plate armor and his burning hand and him sacrificing people to every single loving god he can think of at once just to be sure

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Dennis System posted:

Jon Snow and Dany are both wooden and boring and have no chemistry. Whatever the opposite of on-screen sizzle is, they have it in spades.

geez it's almost as if the characters are really cautious and untrusting of each other

who woulda thunk it???

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Teikanmi posted:

geez it's almost as if the characters are really cautious and untrusting of each other

who woulda thunk it???

You have a point, but they're also just v boring characters.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Surely they had room in the budget not to make most of that battle happen off-screen. After what, 3 or 4 seasons of building up the unsullied as some unstoppable force, all we get when they finally get here is them trying to climb ladders and grey worm poking a few guys with a spear?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
🤗🤗 Euron and Cersei 😍😍

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Nothing like condemning a woman to watching her daughter rot away in a cell to get you in a dick sucking mood.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Dany is weak vs. ships

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm digging Urine's swagger. He's the only one having fun these days.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Surely they had room in the budget not to make most of that battle happen off-screen. After what, 3 or 4 seasons of building up the unsullied as some unstoppable force, all we get when they finally get here is them trying to climb ladders and grey worm poking a few guys with a spear?

Pfft if they had spent more on the attack of Casterly Rock then they wouldn't have been able to spend as much as they did on the Tyrell attack oh wait....

Olenna: Did we fight well?
Jaime: As well as could be expected (for the budget)

deported to Canada fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 31, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Athropos posted:

Mostly the latter part, but Randyll Tarly (Sam's dad) was with Jamie when they were marching on Highgarden. This implies that he took the bulk of the Reach forces under Olenna's rule and joined Jamie.

Does anyone else feel grief that Casterly Rock and Highgarden were run-of-the-mill castles and not at all like:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Does anyone else feel grief that Casterly Rock and Highgarden were run-of-the-mill castles and not at all like:

I'm kinda glad the Iron throne doesn't look the way George envisioned. It looks like something out of Warhammer 40k the way he had it in his head.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-this-is-what-the-iron-throne-really-721293015
(first link on google, sorry it's gizmodo)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm rewatching the old seasons and people are way too stupid about the whole "bending the knee" thing. For example in season 5 the king beyond the wall refuses to do it and gets burned alive. Just kneel, get what you want, and then do whatever you please once you have it. People betray each other all the time in this show, but apparently kneeling and falsely proclaiming loyalty to someone so they don't die or they get what they need (like Jon snow's situation) is going too far.

Also they really, really like saying "bend the knee".

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm kinda glad the Iron throne doesn't look the way George envisioned. It looks like something out of Warhammer 40k the way he had it in his head.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-this-is-what-the-iron-throne-really-721293015
(first link on google, sorry it's gizmodo)

It is a bit excessive.

The Red Keep wasn't built until Maegor I (Aegon's son) was in power, so the Iron Throne was forged in the Aegonfort - which was much smaller and made of wood.

So how did they fit Balerion in there?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The throne on Dragonstone reminds me of the rock trophy you get from Nickelodeon "Guts".

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I think this was a good episode. Danny is finally showing more than one emotion. Plus Euron is becoming such a great character. I'm actually excited to see what happens :)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm rewatching the old seasons and people are way too stupid about the whole "bending the knee" thing. For example in season 5 the king beyond the wall refuses to do it and gets burned alive. Just kneel, get what you want, and then do whatever you please once you have it. People betray each other all the time in this show, but apparently kneeling and falsely proclaiming loyalty to someone so they don't die or they get what they need (like Jon snow's situation) is going too far.

It's very racist and sexist.

Did anyone else notice how much heat Grey Worm was packing in those leather pants?

They really need to spring for dance belts in their wardrobe budget, it's killing my immersion.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

If you don't keep to your word why should others when it comes to you. In a medieval world bonds of faith/loyalty were really important. Even holding your hands together to pray was taken from the way you pledged your oath to the feudal king

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

That was terrible.

Varys and Red Bitch gonna die.
Sam getting punished by having to read a bunch of poo poo oh boy.
Dany never got raped.
At least Jamie knows Tyrion was innocent.

But holy poo poo. who wrote this? dany is a totally different character and now her hot translator chick is acting weird, too. This season has been awful.

4 eps to go.

AT LEAST WE GET ICE DRAGON!

Dany is beginning to show signs of madness.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Decebal posted:

If you don't keep to your word why should others when it comes to you. In a medieval world bonds of faith/loyalty were really important. Even holding your hands together to pray was taken from the way you pledged your oath to the feudal king

At least on the show, being loyal/faithful rarely works out well for people. The smart ones go with the flow until the opportunity arises to seize power for yourself. I mean, look at Euron - sure he's loyal now but if he doesn't throw Cersei under the bus by the end of the season I'll be shocked. The ones that remain loyal seem to always end up with their throats cut.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

NomChompsky posted:

its called game of thrones not game of social justice babies

its called game of thrones not game of social justice babies

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

At least on the show, being loyal/faithful rarely works out well for people. The smart ones go with the flow until the opportunity arises to seize power for yourself. I mean, look at Euron - sure he's loyal now but if he doesn't throw Cersei under the bus by the end of the season I'll be shocked. The ones that remain loyal seem to always end up with their throats cut.

That's why I'm surprised that Littlefinger caught a case of dementia. He was such a master strategist and intrigue stoker but now he seems to have forgotten whatever he initially wanted to accomplish.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what was it he wanted to accomplish other than "gain more power"?

Seems like he has managed to gain quite a lot so far

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I read those drat books and I can't remember who Aurene Waters is. Thanks for reminding why I no longer give a poo poo if GRRM finishes the next book or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the dragon dies