Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yay! Another treasure hunt begins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

If you zoom in and try to read the very tiny text, the first few lines of the necromancer article actually have to do with the headline, and then he just gives up and writes nonsense for the rest of the paper.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want to know what necromancers are striking from doing. Do they have city jobs?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Maybe mindless undead perform all manual labor in Diabolica.

So the necromancers are striking because they have to get it all done with a skeleton crew.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/186

Creepiest nipples in the comic.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mind mugger will steal Lyndon, use spell to create illusions (probably sexy ones), end up killing itself somehow, Lyndon loses the spell and also has to talk fast to get himself out of hot water.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

We see with the rabbit that the mind's natural impulses have an influence on the Mind Mugger. If it had possession of a human, would they be able to, say, make it talk or reason? ...would it actually still be a danger, or just a non-threat where the person is basically using it like an involuntary organic mech?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The illusion spell could potentially be used to trick a mind mugger into going after it - except, of course, you'd have to think from the mugged mind's point of view. Even if said mind is aware that humans are the most intelligent creatures in its immediate surroundings, there's still the question of which human mind to mug, resulting in a farical rush to figure out what traits and behaviors look smart to it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Reverse brain parasites who force other brains into their bodies. :allears:
I love Thorsby's weird biology ideas. They're incredibly silly, but also really well thought out. It feels like he has a stupid premise he thought up while high and spends the next weeks contemplating what evolutionary pressure lead to this, how these beasts fit into the ecosystem, how dangerous they are, how to deal with them and probably what their mating rituals look like.

Speaking of which, that would be kinda awkward and might actually be where this is going.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I was going to say that can't possibly be right, but then I realized the last few "Uncle Juju" strips were all about who's sleeping with/wants to sleep with who, so maybe it was setting that up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/187

WELP.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I guess they can talk then.

That's a really nice, rectangular cave.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
That was a rather speedy escalation of the new adventure.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I kind of thought this might happen:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/188

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Edit: nevermind, misinterpreted speech bubbles.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Oh man this rules.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/189

How much is the muggers and how much are the hosts is getting a bit confusing.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It is a bit, yeah. The muggers appear to have their own morals, agenda, and I guess biological imperative to steal minds/become smarter, and the rest is just their victim's personality slotted seamlessly into that. It's interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Because this might end badly for the muggers if all of them get mugged, they get the loot, head outside and stab each other's muggers. :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/190

Lyndon totally trying to get monster-tentacle-laid. But also I think Audrey is likeliest to come up with a ridiculous plan to save them all, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Lyndon-mugger wants Audrey because he thinks she'd be an upgrade, or because Lyndon's desire to protect Audrey is influencing the mugger.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats one cute rear end little berserker.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That mind mugger totally has Lyndon's normal expression on it's face.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

My first thought was "this is some guy trapped in the cave who has survived by pretending to be nuts so the mind muggers don't want him."

That seemed appropriately Thorsbyesque.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's getting berserk in here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poor lil berserker

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GODDAMN :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont like this cave.

Spacetower
Nov 12, 2012
Is it just me or does the handyman have the most unsettling design in all of Thorsby's comics?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He's a modern day Bosch.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Predictable and accepted outcome of my lifestyle of jerkin off + never trimming my pubes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spacetower posted:

Is it just me or does the handyman have the most unsettling design in all of Thorsby's comics?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Predictable and accepted outcome of my lifestyle of jerkin off + never trimming my pubes

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I've got no idea where Thorsby gets online feedback for his comics but I hope he knows he's got something special here with the handyman.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I really really love that singing spider.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Design on it was eh but yeah the idea is pretty neato

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The handyman is great and I hope we get a real handyman at some point.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think Lyndon's gonna lose his magic by virtue of crying wolf enough to make Klara's mind-mugger get killed by thinking a real monster is another illusion.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/199
Blue mugger looks to be smart enough to call Lyndon on his bullshit.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I dunno, that's basically just a smug way of saying "lighting people on fire isn't very reliable if you need them alive".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

I think Lyndon's gonna lose his magic by virtue of crying wolf enough to make Klara's mind-mugger get killed by thinking a real monster is another illusion.

If this happens, it could be his first time discovering he's lost a spell by realizing he's forgotten it (rather than actually witnessing the reason why). And of course the timing would be incredibly inconvenient because Thorsby.