Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm trying to level up Caeda for use in the flier quest that I'm sure is just around the corner in August because Fortify Fliers and I don't have anyone in particular I want to give it to.

Why is she so bad. Also same question, but for Gwendolyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I'm trying to level up Caeda for use in the flier quest that I'm sure is just around the corner in August because Fortify Fliers and I don't have anyone in particular I want to give it to.

Just give it to a throwaway 4* Palla, she is usable. Or give Caeda a ruby sword from a throwaway Palla

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Elyv posted:

Why is she so bad. Also same question, but for Gwendolyn.

I hope you didn't use up your chain challenges. Way easier and better than training tower for 30+.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Just give it to a throwaway 4* Palla, she is usable. Or give Caeda a ruby sword from a throwaway Palla

Yeah, Palla is decent, but she already has a flier buff and is on my 40 team. I guess I can give it to my 4 star Camilla or Cordelia or Shanna.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 31, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Yeah, Palla is decent, but she already has a flier buff and is on my 40 team. I guess I can give it to my 4 star Camilla or Cordelia.

You could just not have fortify fliers on your team.

Goad fliers is probably better if you aren't running blade tomes.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

As I mentioned before, my main team is of Alm, Sonia (5*) Olivia and Effie (4*) I can thank Gamepress.

Instead of Effie, who should be my blue? My only 5* Blue is Mathilda, should I use her?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The man called M posted:

As I mentioned before, my main team is of Alm, Sonia (5*) Olivia and Effie (4*) I can thank Gamepress.

Instead of Effie, who should be my blue? My only 5* Blue is Mathilda, should I use her?

Effie isn't bad. I'd rather use her than Mathilda.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So who do you think will win this next voting gauntlet? It's probably going to come down to Robin versus Tiki. I'd like to think Tiki would get a win but it's probably going to be Robin because Awakening/Smash Bros/popularity polls/underboob.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/passive-skills-star-rarity

This is the only thing worth using on that site. See who has your skill at 4* from a decent list.

Maybe there's a better list but I've been using that a lot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

So who do you think will win this next voting gauntlet? It's probably going to come down to Robin versus Tiki. I'd like to think Tiki would get a win but it's probably going to be Robin because Awakening/Smash Bros/popularity polls/underboob.

Robin and tiki are facing off in the first round

It's men on one side and women on the other, with characters from the same game facing round one

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Armors are bad. I have to imagine that even Hector can't be that great in a world where Xander exists

He's the only green Distant Counter for one. Armads also frees up his B slot from Quick Riposte, allowing him to run Vantage or Wings or a breaker.

Hector is still pretty fantastic for a bunch of reasons.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah but as soon as an axe version of Xander/Camus comes out Hector will be gone

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

acumen posted:

Yeah but as soon as an axe version of Xander/Camus comes out Hector will be gone

That might take like a year or something

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Might as well pull on the Ylissean banner one last time, try to get a better IV'd version of Sticky or Gaius...

:staredog:

That'll do. -def/+res over -spd/+res, so still not brilliant. Does anyone desperately want Close Def, or should I just merge?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Would you guys go with quick riposte or vantage on Camus?

My gut is saying quick riposte since I'm bad at taking advantage of vantage but he is going to have over 40 speed with horse buffs anyway and guaranteed doubling even against fast units would be good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I've tried both in arena, and I'd say Quick Riposte is more useful still, unless you've got Goad, maybe. Even then, it's mostly relevant against sword lords so Swordbreaker might be good too, but you may lose KOs on non-Rein blue mages. (Lancers usually have Brave or Firesweep, in which case QR isn't really relevant, and red mages are a rarity.)

QR Camus is definitely the way to go for PvE content though.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Andrast posted:

Would you guys go with quick riposte or vantage on Camus?

My gut is saying quick riposte since I'm bad at taking advantage of vantage but he is going to have over 40 speed with horse buffs anyway and guaranteed doubling even against fast units would be good.

If you're running HE and have Fury on him, definitely give him Vantage. The flow of battle usually has him bait/charge one enemy, murder the poo poo out of them, then drop ~57 atk + Bonfire on the next attacker before they have a chance to hit. Most mages won't survive that, meaning only a tanky green has even a shot at killing him. The only one of those in the arena meta right now is Hector, who'll never catch him with his stubby little legs.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I have Vantage on Camus. It's a part of Camus' speed and a part of Xander having QR so it strikes a great balance.

E: this is mostly for chain battles/TT etc I don't give a gently caress about arena

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Murderion posted:

Might as well pull on the Ylissean banner one last time, try to get a better IV'd version of Sticky or Gaius...

:staredog:

That'll do. -def/+res over -spd/+res, so still not brilliant. Does anyone desperately want Close Def, or should I just merge?

Close Defense is great, a passive+6 defense in melee is good for basically any unit in the game, except those who use Distant Counter, Close Counter, Triangle Advantage, Death Blow, or who are using Fury to get their HP into Desperation/Vantage territory.

Any non-Dire Thunder Mage enjoys the huge jump in physical bulk, and any Tank/Bait unit can take advantage. Xander jumps up to 43 goddamn defense (BEFORE Cavalry buffs), which means non lance/breath melee units can't do much. Chrom has the highest attack of any sword user in the game, and with a +atk nature reaches 56 attack. If Xander has both defensive Cavalry buffs, he can flat out wall literally every melee unit except for Effie, Charlotte, and Cordelia (and Cordelia can only get through if she keeps Triangle adept, or a inherits a stronger Lance )

Close defense stacking with everything makes it super good.

Andrast posted:

That might take like a year or something

It will just be Hector on a Horse. Same stats, but he loses 10 defense to get the +2 to movement.

Lyn will be an Armor Unit, and Eliwood will be Infantry.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 31, 2017

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
EDIT: Oops

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Summer Elise's special weapon sucks rear end.

I got a spd+ version. Should I just build her as a Nino clone?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Summer Elise's special weapon sucks rear end.

I got a spd+ version. Should I just build her as a Nino clone?

That's how you build literally every fast mage

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I drew another summer xander. Guess I'll be keeping one after all :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Beach voting tomorrow which hopefully means good daily missions.

Legion is repeating. Legion is good, but please make Xander repeat soon :argh:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ugh, I just wasted a bunch of dueling swords to get a deathless run and I'm still over 3000 places in rank away from going back to tier 19. I'm kinda kicking myself for pulling the trigger on promoting my project Cherche instead of putting it into Cecilia so I could at least not fall to tier 17.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
gently caress yes another Olwen >:3

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I got a Titania which is good because that means I have a good caster and a good melee for each color for Horse Emblem.

Except, is Titania any good? She's a good anti-rein device but eh. Mine is -spd/+HP which.. isn't great. Should I just not use him?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Titania's good, but the only build I see of her involves putting Distant Counter and G Tomebreaker on her so that she counters blue and green mages, so not exactly a cheap build. Not sure if there is a good budget build for her, her low ATK kind of limits her options.

-SPD is not exactly ideal, but she will still tank blue mages just fine and she has G Tomebreaker for Nino and other green mages.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Titania is usable but not great

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Eh. I mean, a high-res horse melee isn't the worst but I already have a relatively great Frederick that does a better job of killing motherfuckers, and any mages can just get bumrushed. I don't even know what to pull for anymore, other than S Corrin for when Flier Emblem becomes the next best thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well I now have 28 5*s and healers to level 40. Arena squad here I come!

Something like 19 of them are garbage though. Maybe half of those are salvageable with skills but I'm sure as hell not giving anything valuable to a goober like Gray. I probably will educate myself on what the tier two skills are that I can give to people without being sad I don't have the skill anymore

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what the hell do you have against Gray?

no seriously, he's pretty good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pretend I said "goobers like Charlotte" then

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Looks like I'm heading to Tier 20 for the first time, courtesy of Xander, Camus, Cecilia and Elise.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just need to draw a Hinoka and I can field a proper Flying Emblem team. For now I'll just use Fortify and Goad/Ward.

I wonder if there'll be a banner eventually. Hopefully when I have orbs again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Better yet, pick your own goobers. 4*s don't count

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I want to melt down Palla for her buff skill , but she's been really common in GHB strategies recently...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

cheetah7071 posted:

Better yet, pick your own goobers. 4*s don't count

Make a team of BCordelia, SCorrin, SCamilia, and STiki to make other motherfuckers jealous of your luck/wallet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jokes posted:

Make a team of BCharlotte, SCorrin, SCamilia, and STiki to make other motherfuckers jealous of your luck/wallet.

don't have SCorrin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Looks like I'm heading to Tier 20 for the first time, courtesy of Xander, Camus, Cecilia and Elise.

How does a full horse team get enough BST to score that high?