Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Patch posted:

- Fixed ATV from repeatedly honking when leaving and entering render distance.

This is a personal attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

quote:

- Made Troodons scared of light sources.

:eyepop:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Anyone have more info on:

"- Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos."

?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

GenericOverusedName posted:

I come bearing patch notes. https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/166421-pc-patch-notes-current-v25886-upcoming-259-8-am-est/

There's a lot in there! Enough that I'm not going to quote it here. A metric fuckton of bugfixes and quality of life improvements, though.

ETA is 8 am EST which happened half an hour ago so... :shrug:

The change to crafting is pretty useless.

Dumped 40 points into it and it's a diceroll for marginal improvements, got just shy of an 8% improvement on one item and 4% on another.

Now that you need to level up between respeccing it's even worse, might be worth having an alt character or something for crafting, but given that it's 100 levels worth of points for a chance at a 33% boost it's just not good or useful to have a character gimped that badly with such a small bonus.

Might be ok for people who don't really want to go out and do stuff outside of basebuilding, leaving raiding or whatever to other players, and dinos do admittedly mean this isn't the worst thing, but being effectively a heavily kitted out level 1 character is just weird.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Y E S S S S S S S S S S S

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

- Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Hope you're not solo, I guess.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

quote:

- Fixed issue where the player could get stuck inside doors by closing the door on themself.
ABOUT loving TIME

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

ABOUT loving TIME

I was laughing that they finally fixed the sarco's tail having a desire to right angle at the ceiling.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Are all the egg collector mods broken? I've tried three different ones and none of them work. I have them powered, turned on, set to collect, etc...

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

Wish this was in place when I was < level 10 without a hut and would slowly die as they pecked at my unconscious body

Ishvara
Dec 10, 2009

When I die, I hope to go to Heaven, whatever the Hell that is.
Where we playing now - Ares

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Are any goons playing on the Ragnarok isolated servers? Couple friends of mine here in Taiwan and I are grinding out on one, and it's been nice only being raided by assholes who started over when ragnarok came out and poopsocked their way to tek tier in a couple weeks.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Does anybody know how to increase the player limit on locally hosted servers? We have 6 people who want to play and there seems to be a moronic 4 player limit on non-dedicated servers.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So apparently the newest patch has a fun bug to it. You can't learn the campfire engram. So in searching that, I saw someone else mention that wooden clubs are also unlearnable. That is a fun bug to have.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It seems like my dinos are getting a lot less stats per level up since this patch, I don't know if it's intentional or an interaction with one of the mods on the server (big one is Extinction Core).

I might just bank the points for now.

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
I know they took down my frogs movement speed by almost half in the last patch, and levelling it gives next to nothing now. Pretty sure they did this because I specifically decided it would be fun to go to frogs after they nerfed the fliers

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
"Hey uh, our isolated ragnarok server goes down every single weekend and several times during the week for like half a day at a time"

"Yeah well we're real focused on the xbox version right now, so just keep loving yourself until we get around to you, okay?"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/ark-state-of-the-game-r486/

Gonna be a bunch of new servers on launch and all the current ones will become "legacy" servers that can't interact with em. Better jump on one on launch while they're pure.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Called it. The only reasonable option they had left.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 19, 2017

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

It's kind of beautiful actually. "Hey if we just wiped everything you'd all throw a loving fit so instead we're just going to put anyone who's not down with the wipe into a ghetto that shrinks every three months"

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Pretty psyched to harvest some tears on the Xbox when the new servers come out. Gonna be a target rich environment

PartTimeNinja
Jul 15, 2017

Set up a thread in the PGS for those of you interested in playing with us on officials. This is The DEA going into the new officials Foreign Legion style.

PartTimeNinja
Jul 15, 2017

:siren: It is now official that The DEA will be going to the newly released official servers on August 8th. Before the 8th we will be using all of our currently owned servers and assets to launch invasions or grief servers! The legacy servers will be separate from the newly released servers. Over time some legacy servers will be repurposed and essentially wiped! :siren:

PartTimeNinja fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 19, 2017

Ishvara
Dec 10, 2009

So you're saying that I can come in, take gear and dinos, rage for like 20 days then we get to actually break rocks on the beach and wipe scrubs like the old days?!?! I'm loving in!

PartTimeNinja
Jul 15, 2017

Griefing as much as possible. Currently killing on 25 and just left 179 after killing some stuff. BLDX took over 179 so we left it alone. Lots of stuff to go around (:

PartTimeNinja fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 20, 2017

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Goddamnit, why the gently caress does Ark always schedule their big updates right around PoE's major updates. How the gently caress am I going to have time for both arghhhh

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Last time I tried to play with DEA there was a big autism palace on the center full of like a bronto egg farm or something and I realized that DEA had become the thing we hated. I'm totally down for some from the ground up foreign legion style play though so I might throw my hat in.

PartTimeNinja
Jul 15, 2017

Spanish Matlock posted:

Last time I tried to play with DEA there was a big autism palace on the center full of like a bronto egg farm or something and I realized that DEA had become the thing we hated. I'm totally down for some from the ground up foreign legion style play though so I might throw my hat in.

Here is a decent example of why we have those brontos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCHZ493ewo&t=291s. I don't deny that building from the ground up and rolling servers was the best part of the game at that time. I am looking forward to the new servers coming out so we can do just that, but with cross server traveling the meta had changed and being able to reinforce a server from multiple locations would have made it much more of a challenge starting new every time we wanted to go invade a server. Everyone enjoys the game in their own way and if that's not wanting to stay at main stronghold if it becomes too crowded and roaming the beaches suppressing the red tag population you are more than welcome to. In fact I would encourage raiding anyone on our servers that isn't with us.

PartTimeNinja fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 20, 2017

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

PartTimeNinja posted:

Here is a decent example of why we have those brontos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCHZ493ewo&t=291s. I don't deny that building from the ground up and rolling servers was the best part of the game at that time. I am looking forward to the new servers coming out so we can do just that, but with cross server traveling the meta had changed and being able to reinforce a server from multiple locations would have made it much more of a challenge starting new every time we wanted to go invade a server. Everyone enjoys the game in their own way and if that's not wanting to stay at main stronghold if it becomes too crowded and roaming the beaches suppressing the red tag population you are more than welcome to. In fact I would encourage raiding anyone on our servers that isn't with us.

Yeah, raiding armies with no support structure don't last in the long term.

zDrache
Oct 15, 2015
Yeah you can't really be the little guy anymore without potentially waking up the next day and all your belongings being taken by some randoms that picked your server to grief for no reason. With server transfers you can basically do all the on ground pvp on a more even footing because at the end of all the combat you can either retreat to your palace -- or off the server at the end of the day.

PartTimeNinja
Jul 15, 2017

Going to be raiding random servers the entire day. All gear and tames will be supplied.

Ishvara
Dec 10, 2009

Just a heads up. I've been a goon for something like 8 years. These guys thought I was in-siding them because of actions of another player and because of that they kicked me. They won't talk to me about it and won't work on the issue with me. I highly recommend not joining them and I would make a push for this thread getting taken down because of the nature of the group.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Ishvara posted:

Just a heads up. I've been a goon for something like 8 years. These guys thought I was in-siding them because of actions of another player and because of that they kicked me. They won't talk to me about it and won't work on the issue with me. I highly recommend not joining them and I would make a push for this thread getting taken down because of the nature of the group.

You sound like a really fun guy to play with, I can't imagine why they would think that.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I too think threads about games should be closed because I had a disagreement with a few people while playing said game.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
But which group? There are two being advertised here.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ishvara posted:

Source your quotes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Most people in the new DEA don't even know what a Something Awful is anymore. I wouldn't rely on the glory of being a goon to get well acquainted there.

The group I made is all goons but we're inactive at the moment or playing with DEA while waiting for the fresh servers on release.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Ishvara posted:

Wow, you're pretty much crazy ex-girlfriend status. Which is ironic.

TLDR:
He wanted to inside some tribe, was joined by a friend of his, they fell in love with some e-tits and then were trying to sabotage us.

Summary:
Playing together in Dark and Light (another Ark like survival game), partial goon group, mostly people that just jumped on playing with DEA members that had started messing around together.

Ishavara aka Ares was playing with us in Ark, planning to continue after release, all is cool. He decides he wants to inside another group, we don't give a poo poo; not much reason this early in game but whatever gets your rocks off.
One of his non-goon friends join him, and they work to take over the tribe from the inside.

He falls in love with the girl, starts begging us to not attack them.

The day we are going to raid he gets "found out", drama etc. They have a lot of overly dramatic breakups in global, all feels a little off but whatever.
Due to this being way more early access then Ark, all kinds of poo poo is broken and they have to wait for some npc to re-spawn to change factions, or recreate their characters.

While they are playing in their temporary tribe Ares is still going off about tits and us having a truce with them. Rants about how he's going to war us etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aJG0Yo3vk

He claims blackout drunk status when confronted and even though circumstances seemed shady we welcome him back. He generally continues to be dumb, getting things killed in stupid ways , sidetracking whatever we are doing, and STILL people are like "maybe this dude is just not all there or lit as gently caress".

Finally as we are actively raiding his buddy has a feels bad moment and messages us that he just hosed up our work by demolishing a bunch of structures. We kick his friend and discuss what to do about Ares.

When confronted Ares just flips out, telling us he will hunt us down on any server we are on, on any game we play. Starts spam messaging us on Discord about how furious he is, how dare we talk to "his guys", etc,etc. Continues to just babble in global chat. He tries to use the "12 guys he brought in" as leverage; saying if we kick him he'll take them with him. (in ark)

Everyone decided that he was too much hassle to deal with, and we ban him from everything. If he hadn't have gone off about hunting us down on all games etc we probably wouldn't have even carried it over to Ark.

There's all kinds of little details, but this is already way more text then I want to type about it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Pfthahahaha incredible stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015
:munch: