Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lord Hydronium posted:

Why is the drone talking? And what the gently caress is happening here anyway? This is a compositional disaster.

Its trying to reason with the backwards militants before it bombs them back to the stone age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on Donald Trump and North Korea – The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, has issued a fresh challenge to Donald Trump by conducting a second ballistic missile test-launch which experts said placed US cities in range of potential attack"

Telegraph:

No 10 contradicts Hammond over 'off-the-shelf' Brexit transition deal

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lookin' forward to some good Mooch cartoons now

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Just saw the news, that has definitely got to be some kind of record turn-around.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

McDragon posted:

Nine days. Lost his wife and missed out on the birth of his child for a job that lasted nine days.

edit: Apparently sold his company too.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 31, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ahahaha, what a loving ride.

I still want off though.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

How many cartoons does Rall have to make before he gets his check from the Russians? Do you think it's a per-cartoon basis or what?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ramos posted:

Nine days. Lost his wife and missed out on the birth of his child for a job that lasted nine days.

That's wonderful. :allears:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well we found out what political comic Mark Hamill likes.

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/892101824156549120

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Ramos posted:

Man got everything he deserved.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ularg posted:

Thank god....

I was afraid it would be Branco.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Ularg posted:

now i'm imagining the joker laughing his rear end off in the background of every panel

ajrosales
Dec 19, 2003

Party's just getting started! (double entendre)

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Condiv posted:

now i'm imagining the joker laughing his rear end off in the background of every panel

https://youtu.be/SLS2D_UREQE

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

Thank god....

Shatner has been ranting about SJWs this past weekend, so I guess we can finally put the old franchise debate to rest.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Shatner has been ranting about SJWs this past weekend, so I guess we can finally put the old franchise debate to rest.

Counterpoint: Patrick Stewart is a good 'un.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

On the basis of that one cartoon, I think Ted has the Correct Opinion here, which means he's probably written a 1500-word blog post about how transgendered people are too interesting and countercultural for the military anyway and wanting to have self-determination is just so stereotypically "mundane cis person"

No I think this is crusty old gen x Rall saying the ban is dumb while also poking fun at these kids these days and their labels.

For those that don't know, "intersex" is the modern pc word for "hermaphrodite" -- ie someone who was born with ambiguous or "mixed" genitalia/sexual characteristics. It's completely different from being transgendered because there's a blatant anatomical component to it, but often gets lumped in because they have some of the same issues, especially when those who had one sex "assigned at birth" (often involving surgery/hormones) grow up to identify with the other sex (which can happen in puberty when "boys" grow breasts/hips or "girls" get tall and muscular). Most intersex people never "transition" though and are basically indistinguishable from typical cisgender folks except that their junk might look funny/not work that well.

"Genderfluid" or "genderqueer" is someone who doesn't identify as exclusively masculine or feminine some of them may take hormones it get surgery, but most folks seem content to just change the way they dress/present themselves. Don't know a ton about these groups, but they're sort of in a gray area between "cis" and "trans" and frequently the sort of people who don't like to label themselves.

Neither of these are the same as "transgender" --which is someone who was born with one sex, but now identifies as a member of the other sex. It's different from intersex because they usually had clearly male or female bodies to start with (sometimes people use the "assigned at birth" language, but they're talking about social gender, not physiology). It's different from genderfluid because they identify 100% as one gender while rejecting the other.

Of course, people are weird, so there's some gray area and wiggle room between groups, but the takeaway is that, depending on how a "trans ban" is worded, it may not even effect most members of the groups Rall referred to.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Low Desert Punk posted:

How many cartoons does Rall have to make before he gets his check from the Russians? Do you think it's a per-cartoon basis or what?

It's terribly done in accordance with Rall standards, but how are you interpreting this one as Russian propaganda?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Loving lil' tiny :3: sailor on the right there.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

What's going on with the watermark here and on many others?

Also what the heck is happening with that mangled French? I guess it's making a Cage aux Folles reference but that's really not appropriate or relevant (transgender and cross-dressing for show are really not the same thing).

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

i like how only ten seconds of that 1:30 video is the actual thing that the video is supposedly of

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's terribly done in accordance with Rall standards, but how are you interpreting this one as Russian propaganda?

He's employed by Russia Today. Even if it's not direct propaganda, he's still being paid by Russians.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

McDragon posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

D.N. Nation posted:

Counterpoint: Patrick Stewart is a good 'un.

Very true, but Avery Brooks trolled the poo poo out of Shatner in "The Captains" so he has a special place in my heart.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Internet Kraken posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me

makes sense I guess, if you keep swapping out people there'll be no time for people to develop a properly scathing caricature/SNL impression

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Plus, nobody, NOBODY loving upstages The Donald.

There can be only one...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Angepain posted:

i like how only ten seconds of that 1:30 video is the actual thing that the video is supposedly of

Hey you gotta remind people of who Mark Hamill is, in case they've never heard of Star Wars, or who the Joker is, in case they've never heard of Batman, or who Donald Trump is, in case they've never heard of America.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Ramirez's latest is already outdated.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MrUnderbridge posted:

Thank god....

Hamill did a reading of Trump tweets using the Joker voice. I really don't think he'd care for someone who unapologetically sucks the guys cock.

And speaking of sucking cock and refusing to apologize....

McDragon posted:

Wow. Bannon has a lot more clout than I thought. And I don't think that's a good thing.

He must have offered to show Trump his technique in exchange for firing Scaramucci.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What the gently caress is this administration

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the gently caress is this administration

Word on the streets is that some of the recent testimony on Russia is hilariously bad, so all of this is a distraction for us so we don't focus on Russia.

I personally think it's collusion AND incompetence.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Every day, those voices that say "Still, at least Hillary wasn't elected" get more and more desperate and pathetic.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez's latest is already outdated.

There we go.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Chump Farts posted:

Word on the streets is that some of the recent testimony on Russia is hilariously bad, so all of this is a distraction for us so we don't focus on Russia.

I personally think it's collusion AND incompetence.

Mix in some obstruction of justice and season with corruption, and you've got your self an impeachment.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He's employed by Russia Today. Even if it's not direct propaganda, he's still being paid by Russians.

He works for Sputnik News, get your Russian propaganda organs straight.

Sputnik News posted:

The officer who killed Damond, Mohamed Noor, is a 31-year-old Somali immigrant. A photo of him uploaded online by the Minneapolis Star Tribune shows an African-American gentleman with no facial hair, Hitler mustache or otherwise.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

D.N. Nation posted:

Ha ha! Queers, amiright! - Theodore Rall, esq.
Honestly I thought Rall was going to do a cartoon where they were having this conversation while killing defenseless children and drone bombing hospitals

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Shangri-Law School posted:

He works for Sputnik News, get your Russian propaganda organs straight.

I'm sorry! *prays towards St. Petersburg*

An honest question from a moron though: is there any significant difference between them in terms of coverage, bias, or mode of operation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm sorry! *prays towards St. Petersburg*

An honest question from a moron though: is there any significant difference between them in terms of coverage, bias, or mode of operation?

Sputnik News is more (but not entirely) military-focused and its editorial tone is less conspiratorial. Overall, Sputnik's more "respectable" than RT. The National Review to RT's Breitbart.

• Locked thread