Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems like the more open a building or exposed a position is the better chance of good loot. The cafe/doughnut shop in the towns, warehouses, guard towers, and rooftops all seem to have much better loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Quarry is great sans meds. Only downside is how spread out it is.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Man the little "sub power station" to the SouthWest of the main power plant is loving insane loot. Recent solo game this place had 2 level 3 helms, 3 level 3 vests, and 2 8x scopes, in addition to like every AR and a fuckload of meds. I swear anytime the plane prevents a direct jump I just grab a car and burn rear end here, sweep through the building and am fully looted instantly. Is there a better place for loot density outside of Military?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

matryx posted:

Those maps are horribly out of date. Loot is way way more random now.
You're far better off looting somewhere with quantity to find your quality, than just say dropping on tunnels or crater to bag some arms.

Of course, tunnels/crater are still fantastic if you know the areas - just don't expect to find a tricked out M4 and Kar, mil-vest and helmet each time.

It's up to date, but loot by nature is random. Hope this helps.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

fargom posted:

Man the little "sub power station" to the SouthWest of the main power plant is loving insane loot. Recent solo game this place had 2 level 3 helms, 3 level 3 vests, and 2 8x scopes, in addition to like every AR and a fuckload of meds. I swear anytime the plane prevents a direct jump I just grab a car and burn rear end here, sweep through the building and am fully looted instantly. Is there a better place for loot density outside of Military?

Sssshhh I don't want other players to go there

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chas McGill posted:

Sssshhh I don't want other players to go there

This is already too many!

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Was loot rejiggled somehow a few days ago?

I've noticed a lot more near-barren buildings generally, one time with myself and a pubbie coming out of the west half of Pochinki with nothing but a VSS each, which is weird as gently caress.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

fargom posted:

This is the single best building imo, at least on the northern island

e: there's more to it that makes it great - and I should probably keep this to myself, really -; the main power plant is actually quite popular for people to drive to at the start of game and they pretty much always start looting the left side of the main entrance (the north side, to be clear). When that's the case, simply because of the compound being laid out like a horse's shoe, they will almost invariably end their loot run at the two blue tents in the south. Run up to the main power plant, check if there's a vehicle that isn't a spawn, drop a painkiller or a first aid kit in one of those blue tents if there isn't one already and you're pretty much guaranteed a free kill carrying all the choice loot of the power plant. Using 3pp, you can spot them from miles away without them ever noticing your presence. Being patient for a while while doing this is definitely 'sweaty', but it works well and is much less risky than just running in to loot the main plant after you're done with the substation

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 31, 2017

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm glad you guys enjoyed JScubby raging as much as I did. Holy gently caress that guy is toxic, I can't even imagine one of my RL friends talking like that while we are playing. What an rear end in a top hat.

Me and my buddies had a PUBG LAN this weekend, it was tons of fun. About 7 of us total. I think we got like 4 chicken dinners.

It was rough queuing up with the 4 of us that had the highest ranking. We kept looking up the people we were dying to and it was like top 10, top 50, top 200. It was becoming really really difficult.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Screwed over by editing so fast as to not include a timestamp and prove my innocence. Zounds!!

Raiding the tunnels is super fun and it'd be cool if there were an overlaid map of them so you could know whether or not there was an exit within the circle.

There are four main caverns that have entrances in the cardinal directions, how hard is the layout to learn?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Dearsomeone just uploaded his new stream highlights video. His are the best of all INSANE FUNNY compilation videos that keep popping up these days imo. I've not watched it myself yet so I don't know if this one's as good as the others he's made, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr_imPLEko

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Aren't tenements best for density? It's just you don't have time to sweep 60 rooms

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Aren't tenements best for density? It's just you don't have time to sweep 60 rooms

No, not really. Also it's really easy to find anyone looting them since they have to open a million doors and are usually running full speed inside.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pesticide20 posted:

There are four main caverns that have entrances in the cardinal directions, how hard is the layout to learn?
I've been there like twice and didn't explore of all of it so I didn't know that - I left the way I came because I didn't know if I'd have been trapped by the circle. A map would have helped.

edit: found this by googling - wish it was on the in-game map:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 31, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It is a bit confusing, though. Here's a map I found of the inner layout. I'm not too sure of its full validity but I do believe the rooms aren't laid out in a simple square or star pattern

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Parallel Playa posted:

This is the single best building imo, at least on the northern island

e: there's more to it that makes it great - and I should probably keep this to myself, really -; the main power plant is actually quite popular for people to drive to at the start of game and they pretty much always start looting the left side of the main entrance (the north side, to be clear). When that's the case, simply because of the compound being laid out like a horse's shoe, they will almost invariably end their loot run at the two blue tents in the south. Run up to the main power plant, check if there's a vehicle that isn't a spawn, drop a painkiller or a first aid kit in one of those blue tents if there isn't one already and you're pretty much guaranteed a free kill carrying all the choice loot of the power plant. Using 3pp, you can spot them from miles away without them ever noticing your presence. Being patient for a while while doing this is definitely 'sweaty', but it works well and is much less risky than just running in to loot the main plant after you're done with the substation

drat, it's pretty intimidating to see someone actually using their brain in this game.

The yugeiftrue trash goonstream is going to try this tonight. :getin:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I have dropped that substation two or three times and it has had gently caress all for loot all 3 times. Maybe the loot rebalance changed something, where are the spawns in there?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The loot is scattered all across the floor, but there are a few crevices and pathways that lead to dead ends that make a full loot run tedious if you don't know the layout. I'll see if I can find a recording of me doing a full and efficient sweep of the place and post it here when I can, but I'm writing my MA thesis atm so it may take a day - feel free to send me a forums PM or add /id/lexneville/ on steam to remind me if you wish to do so

willroc7 posted:

drat, it's pretty intimidating to see someone actually using their brain in this game.

The yugeiftrue trash goonstream is going to try this tonight. :getin:

I'll tune in on my phone and backseat game to make sure you're doing it right :haw:

e: I sent you a PM Jerkface

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 31, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Well, I forgot to screenshot last seasons shame list at the end, but the Season 2 Shame Listers shall be forever immortalized in the OP.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Well, I forgot to screenshot last seasons shame list at the end, but the Season 2 Shame Listers shall be forever immortalized in the OP.

I played with a lot of those guys. Btw sorry for peacing out without saying goodbye last night. Hope you guys got out of that stinky pochinki.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That prompted me to check my stats so I went to pubg dot me and it tried to fry my machine. Whee!

edit: I don't really want to go back, but I wonder if the site's been hijacked or it was a malicious ad redirect or what.

odiv fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 31, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm sure I've played a bunch of goon games with ya'll and you're great people, but drat the tea leaf reading here into the RNG wrt loot is making the Destiny thread look sane by comparison.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

VulgarandStupid posted:

No, not really. Also it's really easy to find anyone looting them since they have to open a million doors and are usually running full speed inside.

I've never had anyone move towards apartments after everyone landed, but that's just my luck. They would be a death trap solo

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNhRbpdh84
PSA: DON'T BE A LOOT GOBLIN

If you're not actively looking for enemies that you know about, you're just waiting to get killed while looting.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I've never had anyone move towards apartments after everyone landed, but that's just my luck. They would be a death trap solo

If I go to Yasnaya, I don't land in apartments and I go to hunt people in the apartments as soon as I have gear. Usually they are still running around like idiots and they're super easy to find.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I just sold a lovely tf2 unusual for $70 , probably way too low but I really don't care. I forgot I had it in my inventory. Can't wait until this game gets keys and crates so I can gamble and maybe hit the pixel lottery

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNhRbpdh84
PSA: DON'T BE A LOOT GOBLIN

If you're not actively looking for enemies that you know about, you're just waiting to get killed while looting.

If I go to Yasnaya, I don't land in apartments and I go to hunt people in the apartments as soon as I have gear. Usually they are still running around like idiots and they're super easy to find.

The building just south of the apartments is the best spot to catch the idiots leaving them. Two story multiple exit with a great view, its almost too easy

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

Wow, this is making my 38.something ranking look a lot better.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I just sold a lovely tf2 unusual for $70 , probably way too low but I really don't care. I forgot I had it in my inventory. Can't wait until this game gets keys and crates so I can gamble and maybe hit the pixel lottery

The building just south of the apartments is the best spot to catch the idiots leaving them. Two story multiple exit with a great view, its almost too easy

People still play and pay money for tf2 items?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Waltchelg posted:

I personally can't stand city fights. Final circles around buildings come down to whichever team/person is in the house it shrinks to wins. Even early game fights in cities are pretty awful just due to third person prone being incredibly good.

City fights are a million times better than final circles in the middle of fields. At least in cities you can reposition. Fields you just hope you don't get sniped by the guys who had the circle spawn on them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yep. Generally speaking people loot way more than is needed. It's massively frustrating for a more aggressive(ly bad) player like me who wants to drop in get a gun and the pick off groups that are separated all over town.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Yep. Generally speaking people loot way more than is needed. It's massively frustrating for a more aggressive(ly bad) player like me who wants to drop in get a gun and the pick off groups that are separated all over town.
B...but I need armour incase they shoot me a-and I need medical gear for when I get hit t-then I need a backup gun as well incase I get ambushed or run out of ammo...!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

People still play and pay money for tf2 items?

I was pretty surprised myself

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Croccers posted:

B...but I need armour incase they shoot me a-and I need medical gear for when I get hit t-then I need a backup gun as well incase I get ambushed or run out of ammo...!

"Hey, let's go shoot people"
"Okay that sounds great... just let me finish looting these two houses"

This is not an unusual conversation. Just last night we looted military base, there was another group on the island somewhere based on gunfire so I suggested we grab the car and go camp the bridge before the circle forces everyone out anyways. "Hang on I just gotta finish looting the rest of these garages." *a minute later the rest of us watch a car head towards the bridge in the distance*

:negative:

Then there's the infamous case of people who feel the need to continue looting even after they already have really decent gear desperately hoping the low% loot buidlings they're about to check will cough up a kar98 and an 8x for them.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 31, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Ah I rarely land in Yas, and people seem to shy away from Georgie despite how much there is to explore there

Actually yeah last time I dropped there I was solo in a squad match and cleared out one of those buildings. The city ones are bad but I stand by the ones near school

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Croccers posted:

I always like to have a helmet before I go a-hunting, but if we know dudes are 2 houses over I'll start busting down doors with a pistol ASAP.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Always stalk people driving around looting houses. Let them jump outta the car and run into the houses to pickup loot. When they come back out and all hop in the car your squad lights them up and you then collect the loot and a vehicle for free!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

"Hey, let's go shoot people"
"Okay that sounds great... just let me finish looting these two houses"

This but after looting when people wanna hide in houses instead of go murder enemies in the streets

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

goddamn this topic triggers hyper frustration within me even though I'm not playing. I have too many memories of this happening and it loving us over.

"Hey guys all I have is a shotgun I'll be back once I have a real gun"

GAAAAAHHHHHH

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I hate being addicted to video games. I've been living at my lake house for weeks and I'm miserable because the internet connection is garbage. Is melee not client side? I absolutely can not use punches or melee weapons to hit anyone. I just swung a machete at a guy while colliding models with him at least 10 times and never landed a single one while he was trying to load and shoot a pistol at me. My ratings and kdrs have all been going down since I moved here for summer. Only one week left and I'll be back in the city.

That guy earlier was right. I do have a mental condition.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I don't know how everyone finds anyone else outside of the first few minutes in hotspots and in the last few minutes. One day I'll get good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

goddamn this topic triggers hyper frustration within me even though I'm not playing. I have too many memories of this happening and it loving us over.

"Hey guys all I have is a shotgun I'll be back once I have a real gun"

GAAAAAHHHHHH

Same but with the circle instead of looking for trouble

• Locked thread