Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wait what, did Rocket League come out? I haven't been paying attention to poo poo since Splatoon 2 came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

Buddy is driving us back home from a weekend in cancun and this car line is going to take 3 hours to cross the border. The switch and zelda is making the time fly. Online matches of Rocket League in the hotel room are going to be epic sauce.

With my past handhelds, they were used sparingly. And when I did bust them out for road trips and vacations, I forgot the controls, forgot the story, and my skills had faded.

Driving from Cancun to the US? How long is that drive to the border?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I think you're only allowed a certain amount of batteries or a certain amount of milliamp hours or something.

Unless you do global access I believe

acksplode
May 17, 2004

enojy posted:

Wait what, did Rocket League come out? I haven't been paying attention to poo poo since Splatoon 2 came out.

Nah not til the holidays this year, we're all just fantasizing about how good portable car soccer is gonna be.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Enter the gungeon is still aiming for a 2017 switch release, which is good, because that's probably my favorite rogue like out right now

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

acksplode posted:

I'm not getting extorted into submitting a loving background check just to fly on a goddamn plane, I'll take my things out of my bag

Lol it's $85, lasts 5 years, and saves you time and effort. I regret not doing it years ago. Just went through with a phone, switch, 3ds, mbp, and a 16k mAh battery. Walked right through.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

Lol it's $85, lasts 5 years, and saves you time and effort. I regret not doing it years ago. Just went through with a phone, switch, 3ds, mbp, and a 16k mAh battery. Walked right through.

I get that it's convenient!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The equivalent of my boss from our other plant has to have it cause he's a Muslim so otherwise he's gonna take a few hours to get through.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Popping in to say Namco Museum is Very Good and worth it if you like arcade games. Definitely worth 30 if you're a fan of the specific games, and 20 if you're just curious.

The inclusion of a tate (rotated 90 degrees) mode is amazing, and the whole package is pretty dang sleek. Only one or two stinkers in the bunch, at that.

I'm going to finally beat Tower of Druaga using my dead gay arcade console.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tempura Wizard posted:

Popping in to say Namco Museum is Very Good and worth it if you like arcade games. Definitely worth 30 if you're a fan of the specific games, and 20 if you're just curious.

The inclusion of a tate (rotated 90 degrees) mode is amazing, and the whole package is pretty dang sleek. Only one or two stinkers in the bunch, at that.

I'm going to finally beat Tower of Druaga using my dead gay arcade console.

How in-depth are the challenges? I loved that kind of thing in NES Remix.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

This one? Doesn't seem to be out yet, but Mayflash's stuff has been reliable for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuFobTpCuQ

The range of support is pretty impressive. Accepts pretty much everything, connects to PC/PS3/Switch (but not PS4 or XBone).

Ah yeah. Looks promising! One day this ever growing pile of obsolete plastic poo poo will be usable again

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tempura Wizard posted:

It's gonna take me a while to stop being angry that they finally remade Pac-Man Vs. for a system that requires two separate consoles to play it, while skipping the previous console for which if there was a singular purpose, it was to play goddamn Pac-Man Vs. :argh:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zelder posted:

Enter the gungeon is still aiming for a 2017 switch release, which is good, because that's probably my favorite rogue like out right now
Wait, are you serious? I never got around to buying it on PC but I've been meaning to for ages and I didn't buy Isaac because I played it to death on PC. That handles both my "roguelite on Switch" and "play this game" needs nicely, how the hell did I miss hearing about them Switch porting it until now?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My hori pro controller comes tomorrow did anyone else order one or try it out yet

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Supercar Gautier posted:

This one? Doesn't seem to be out yet, but Mayflash's stuff has been reliable for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuFobTpCuQ

The range of support is pretty impressive. Accepts pretty much everything, connects to PC/PS3/Switch (but not PS4 or XBone).

Seems neat, but missing motion controls. It's a minor thing I know, but I do like using them. If they can get the DualShock 4's gyro to play nice with it, it would be a worthy replacement.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

How is Implosion? Saw it on the eshop and was intrigued since I love diablo.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wait, are you serious? I never got around to buying it on PC but I've been meaning to for ages and I didn't buy Isaac because I played it to death on PC. That handles both my "roguelite on Switch" and "play this game" needs nicely, how the hell did I miss hearing about them Switch porting it until now?

I know right? While everyone has been blathering about Stardew valley, my heart has been saying

"Enter the gungeon when"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Larrymer posted:

How is Implosion? Saw it on the eshop and was intrigued since I love diablo.

I've read nothing but good things from Diablo fans, but I haven't paid too much attention to it myself. I should watch some videos before passing judgment. It looks kinda too "mobile game" for my tastes based on the screenshots, and comparing to the Diablo franchise sets it at a reeeeally steep hill to climb.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'll give it a shot for only $12.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

acksplode posted:

I'm not getting extorted into submitting a loving background check just to fly on a goddamn plane, I'll take my things out of my bag

Same, submitting your finger prints is a bad idea because it just means now whenever a crime is done if someone has similar finger prints to yours you're boned if you're reasonably close enough to where it happened.

I got enough poo poo mining my data and putting me in a database, why would I pay for that for just a mild convenience maybe 5-10 times a year for work or vacation.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 31, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The first boss is this cool Contra monster with a mech guy riding it that throws energy spears at you. I wouldn't really compare it to Diablo at all, it's more like a stiff action game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So am I understanding right.. given the limited Salmon Run times, and my hectic life, I can only earn rewards if I rank up enough points within an opened session?? Ie: if it goes away for a day, and comes back, I start from zero?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Feenix posted:

So am I understanding right.. given the limited Salmon Run times, and my hectic life, I can only earn rewards if I rank up enough points within an opened session?? Ie: if it goes away for a day, and comes back, I start from zero?

Correct, but it only takes about an hour to get the superbonus

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tap my mountain posted:

Correct, but it only takes about an hour to get the superbonus

Yeah. I know it's. It super unreasonable. But I play like 3 or 4 rounds, don't make it, and that's usually my game time for the day. I've gotten ONE reward (first tier) since launch.

Ed] ok, next question then: how to get most points in Salmon Run?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 31, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
what's gonna be the first bad game for the switch?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I bought Gungeon on PS4 and PC, got probably around 200 hours total in it. It's not for everyone, but if it's for you then it's 70+ hours of entertainment.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dizz posted:

Arms

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

It was 1-2 switch if you purchased it. However, it is an incredible game to play drunk at a friends place

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dizz posted:

Breath of the wild obv

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Zelder posted:

I know right? While everyone has been blathering about Stardew valley, my heart has been saying

"Enter the gungeon when"

I tried playing this on a keyboard for a few hours and couldn't make it to the second boss. Is this normal? I loved the concept and style of the game but I sucked at it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dugong posted:

I tried playing this on a keyboard for a few hours and couldn't make it to the second boss. Is this normal? I loved the concept and style of the game but I sucked at it.

The game is very difficult. Ive only cleared it four times in about 60 attempts (though the successes are more frequent in the back half of those attempts) . It does get easier as you purchase and unlock better things, I can't think of anything that fucks up the drop pool like binding of Isaac. Also I've only played it with a ps4 keyboard

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dugong posted:

Yea, totally normal. Gungeon is super hard until you really sink into it. Standard roguelike luck plays a role, too.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
You can tell the Nintendo Switch has hit rock bottom when people just want ports! Failed console!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

It was 1-2 switch if you purchased it. However, it is an incredible game to play drunk at a friends place

Ventana posted:

Breath of the wild obv

The real answer was that there are no bad games for the switch except for anime games or fire emblem

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dizz posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

SeANMcBAY posted:

How in-depth are the challenges? I loved that kind of thing in NES Remix.

Unfortunately, not in the NES Remix style. It's usually some variation of a mode for each game, with special conditions or map selection and its own leaderboard. Kind of like the Caravan leaderboards for the NeoGeo ACA titles if you've played any of those.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dizz posted:

The real answer was that there are no bad games for the switch except for anime games or fire emblem

Fire Emblem is 150% an anime game.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dizz posted:

Vroom In The Night Sky

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dugong posted:

I believe a more recent patch (or expansion maybe?) made the game a little more forgiving with weapon and keys being easier to get, but yeah its supposed to be tough at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chaleski posted:

Vroom In The Night Sky

Sorry, Vroom owns.

• Locked thread