Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Deteriorata posted:

tbh, the right lane gets most of the truck traffic and tends to be beat to hell as a result. The left lane is generally better to drive in. If there isn't much traffic I'll usually camp in the left lane. I also tend to be one of the faster cars on the road, so it works out.

In traffic, it's strictly "keep right except to pass" though.

Guys, this guy says left lane is fine for whatever, I'm just going to move directly to that lane and zone out, thanks all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Why don't we have a cultural exchange programme where you can have all our retards hanging about in the right lane constantly, and we'll have all your left-lane obsessed idiots?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Never let a Cholo use your car, after playing GTA and high on PCP!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FNXFAST/videos/1485663801493116/

good advice.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Why don't we have a cultural exchange programme where you can have all our retards hanging about in the right lane constantly, and we'll have all your left-lane obsessed idiots?

Only as long as we use Malaysian Air exclusively.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I've decided the 'Climbing Lane' on I-25 South between uhh - Loveland and Longmont CO is worthless. Nobody gets over except some dog slow truck, and then some regular slow truck passes him in the middle lane, but it takes him the entire duration of the added lane, and all the other people stay in the left lane not really passing anyone either.

I have a feeling it would work better if the extra lane was added to the left, then people would have to actively go over there. This is based on the assumption that most people are zombies and won't change lanes, sharks will change immediately and drop the hammer, and trucks should already be parked in the right lane and can stay there at like 64mph unable to change lanes into the zombies.

Should have been a transpo engineer.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StormDrain posted:

I've decided the 'Climbing Lane' on I-25 South between uhh - Loveland and Longmont CO is worthless. Nobody gets over except some dog slow truck, and then some regular slow truck passes him in the middle lane, but it takes him the entire duration of the added lane, and all the other people stay in the left lane not really passing anyone either.

I have a feeling it would work better if the extra lane was added to the left, then people would have to actively go over there. This is based on the assumption that most people are zombies and won't change lanes, sharks will change immediately and drop the hammer, and trucks should already be parked in the right lane and can stay there at like 64mph unable to change lanes into the zombies.

Should have been a transpo engineer.

That entire section is kind of a mess. Mostly because yeah semi's really don't give a poo poo about it and everyone else is just like zoned the gently caress out and doesn't really care.

I had to drive up to Cheyenne one time and it was crazy how stupidly bad the traffic was, both coming and going - there wasn't even an accident reported at the time.

edit: Also, this:

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 1, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Protocol7 posted:

edit: Also, this:

Props to the guy in reverse. I don't think could pull that one out.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FCKGW posted:

When I was learning to drive many years ago my driving instructor had me camp the left lane because "there were less cars merging and you only have to watch one side of traffic instead of two".

Also in California there really isn't a concept of a "passing lane" on any road with more than two lanes. It's just fast on the left and slow on the right. Unless you're in traffic and then it flips for some reason.

The right lane opens up at times due to people exiting the freeway. Then no one can merge onto the freeway due to jackasses weaving in and out of this open space at ludicrous speeds relative to the rest of traffic flow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have no idea if this is real or not. I want to believe though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOV6sEeZWU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Lime Tonics posted:

Never let a Cholo use your car, after playing GTA and high on PCP!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FNXFAST/videos/1485663801493116/

good advice.

Dude is straight up in a video game.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yikes the Facebook comments

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

GutBomb posted:

Yikes the comments on any Facebook video.

Fixed that for you.

I learned to not go into that rabbit hole a long time ago.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GutBomb posted:

Yikes the comments

Better fixing. Never look at comments.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOnfH600-7Y

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

IDGI? Was she doing something or is it just her reaction to some random dude recording her?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

my kinda ape posted:

IDGI? Was she doing something or is it just her reaction to some random dude recording her?

peep the new accessory hanging off the car?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Brolander posted:

peep the new accessory hanging off the car?

Oh wow, totally missed that ha.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Had someone come close to sideswiping me after pulling away from a light this afternoon. I more or less level pegged them pulling away from the light checked my mirrors and then noticed the other car was super close to mine. They had their indicator on but obviously didn't bother looking before they made a move. If they'd made a head check they would have seen the red car alongside them. I wasn't even in their blindspot at the time.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Crop sprayers are insane motherfuckers.

First saw a helicopter pulling crazy maneuvers, i honestly thought he had crashed as I ddn't see him come back up right away. Nope, he just landed for a moment and was off again spraying crops and pulling crazy maneuvers.

In the evening I saw an airplane doing some pretty crazy poo poo, pretty serious stunt maneuvers. He was doing insane turns at each end of the field to be able to spray the next row immediately.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I saw a crop duster in action the first time last summer, they buzz the crops below power line level. No wonder the stereotype is they all join the Air Force and become the best dog fighters.

The way he could get within a few feet of the top of the plants and get over buildings or a line of trees was really fun to watch.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Crop duster in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmhfOLTBUM

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

That owned, thank you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Watched the first part of my phone. Then finished it on my desktop. The bigger screen took it from "that's pretty low" to :staredog:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
There are other videos like that, but with the camera mounted externally, where you'll see them drag a wheel into the stalks of the plants at times. They get SO LOW.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best line was explaining what the money handle is.

This was the guy I saw last summer:

I was standing on a slight rise next to an abandoned homestead, and was able to get more or less eye level with him.

I'm sure it's tedious when it's your career but from the outside it seems like a dream job.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hey, good timing! I snapped this picture last week

It really shows the pilot's approach to the cornfield and not how low he ended up, but yeah those folks fly crazy low.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
the lack of dof makes it look photoshopped and wierd :psyduck:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Go rotor or go home.

https://youtu.be/67A9PZLCtHY

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity >These are the people you share airspace with

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Reminds me of a video I saw about a logger heli pilot, it was bananas.

As to content, saw some idiot in a minivan trying to merge into the highway doing maybe 50. Since he was piss-slow the people behind him got stuck on the loving on ramp, and last I saw of him in my mirror was him running out of room and just shoving into an occupied lane complete with screeching brakes and horns. Jesus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sleepy.eyes posted:

Probably this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08K_aEajzNA

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

sleepy.eyes posted:

As to content, saw some idiot in a minivan trying to merge into the highway doing maybe 50. Since he was piss-slow the people behind him got stuck on the loving on ramp, and last I saw of him in my mirror was him running out of room and just shoving into an occupied lane complete with screeching brakes and horns. Jesus.

Yesterday coming home from the store, I'm driving through the neighborhood behind my apartments. Idiot in a RAV4 pulls behind me and rides my rear end for a couple blocks until I go to make my right turn into the apartment parking lot - he jams the gas, flies around me in the oncoming lane, and nearly takes the front end off another car a few hundred feet up that almost didn't stop at a stop sign. Made me smile because gently caress that guy, hope he fucks himself up in an accident so bad that they can't ever drive again.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

the lack of dof makes it look photoshopped and wierd :psyduck:

Actually, it was formatted to be printed in a newspaper. We run an "unsharp mask" filter over most of our stuff so it looks ok printed but looks kinda goofy on the screen. Forgot I did that when I posted the picture. Here's a totally unedited version that looks less fucky, but the dof is still absent:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Today i was at a stoplight, glance over, see two girls in a car smoking. With three kids in the back seat. Also one of the kids was just standing up in the floor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

xzzy posted:

I saw a crop duster in action the first time last summer, they buzz the crops below power line level. No wonder the stereotype is they all join the Air Force and become the best dog fighters.

The way he could get within a few feet of the top of the plants and get over buildings or a line of trees was really fun to watch.

Nah, they work for criminal syndicates.

It’s like how crooks get patched up by veterinarians.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

jamal posted:

Today i was at a stoplight, glance over, see two girls in a car smoking. With three kids in the back seat. Also one of the kids was just standing up in the floor.
windows up?
goddamn i miss the malaise era.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

windows up?

The Malaise era gave kids their own ashtrays.

my coupe has 5 ashtrays and 0 cupholders, you just held your beer bottle between your legs.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Powershift posted:

The Malaise era gave kids their own ashtrays.

my coupe has 5 ashtrays and 0 cupholders, you just held your beer bottle between your legs.

whatever, my '92 Towncar had 4 LIT ashtrays

My grandma's buick had 6 then she took down a telephone pole and got a '98 Cadillac DeVille with just 1.
What the gently caress is this world coming to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

windows up?

Front passenger was cracked about 3" rear was up, not sure on driver front. But still hosed. I give my sister poo poo for smoking in her car without my niece in it.