Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

don't steal his car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I enjoyed getting quadrasplats with the missiles but I've moved away from them. I'm all about ink armor and bomb launchers atm

activiating ink armor to bum rush someone and tank a hit is a powerful feel

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I had a splat zones game the other day where 3/4 of the other team had tentamissles

Spent p much the whole match getting bombed

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm waiting for the moment my Switch stops saying "first played 11 days ago" and starts listing how many hours I've played. It's not going to be pretty.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

I'm waiting for the moment my Switch stops saying "first played 11 days ago" and starts listing how many hours I've played. It's not going to be pretty.
You'll have to play more to get your count up.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finally back home. time to splat, once again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone should hop into me + holepiszers game, for some relaxing turf war

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trying to learn chargers...what's a good starter one. Using the E-Liter 4K at the moment

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Trying to learn chargers...what's a good starter one. Using the E-Liter 4K at the moment

The one with suction bomb launcher I think, though you may have more success with one that has Splat Bombs. Also as much as I was hating on sting ray when the game came out its actually super good for ranked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The one with suction bomb launcher I think, though you may have more success with one that has Splat Bombs. Also as much as I was hating on sting ray when the game came out its actually super good for ranked.

They changed sting ray with the first patch so you can actually aim it so yeah it's way better now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good games to everyone I played with tonight, trying out a bunch of weapons I never messed with before. The octobrush is badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im way too dumb for the heavy splatling but it fuckin rules

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I have had so many disconnects tonight its unbelievable. even on wired. just now I finished a turf war match that was won, it got to the game screen and just hung. gently caress.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I lost 8 ranked matches in a row, if it wasn't a loving stomp where they immediately took the tower to our side uncontested, it was a disconnect. at least 3 disconnects and 5 complete stomps. brutal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is there a blaster that doesnt suck balls? i like the idea of it bt the very first blaster kind of blows and i havent seen any others yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

I have had so many disconnects tonight its unbelievable. even on wired. just now I finished a turf war match that was won, it got to the game screen and just hung. gently caress.

That's hosed up...maybe it's something with NAT types, i know that can be weird with consoles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

is there a blaster that doesnt suck balls? i like the idea of it bt the very first blaster kind of blows and i havent seen any others yet

The luna Blaster seems to be the Blaster everyone uses, but I think it unlocks at 20+

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

I think the rapid blaster is pretty cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blasters aren't satisfying to use to me but they're not bad by any means. Except maybe the crayon one

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the rapid blaster is great at keeping enemies pushed back from ledges and choke points and keeping them annoyed, but its kinda dependent on having a teammate nearby with a better close range weapon for when they inevitably come after you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Blasters are cool if you love in japan and kill me and my death view lets me see u coming out of ink and kill8ng me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sitting outside on the deck, summer breeze blowing through my hair, a cold American lager in my koozie, screaming my head off at 11 year olds who aren't following my This way's! on Rainmaker maps

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

11 year olds who aren't following my This way's! on Rainmaker maps

i'm still in c+ for rainmaker so just had to deal with one of these

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't stop. I'm on B

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I fell from A to A- because of a full day of it

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I haven't really tried handheld mode except a few levels of single player because I'm nervous I won't be able to control it nearly as well as with a pro controller. :ohdear:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about changing out my ranked mode shirt for something different...thermal ink is cool in concept but 90% of the time you either kill somebody or get killed by them so it's not very practical

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I got to S on rainmaker very quickly despite not being good at actually using the rainmaker itself. The old one was a bit more powerful I feel.

I hope they bring back the biodome level at some point, that was a rainmaker classic

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

Thinking about changing out my ranked mode shirt for something different...thermal ink is cool in concept but 90% of the time you either kill somebody or get killed by them so it's not very practical

I thought it might be cool in situations where you tag someone with indirect fire but then I found out that it doesn't work with blasters lol

Maybe it'll work with the sloshing machine

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

I got to S on rainmaker very quickly despite not being good at actually using the rainmaker itself. The old one was a bit more powerful I feel.

I hope they bring back the biodome level at some point, that was a rainmaker classic

I have no idea whatsoever how to use the rainmaker itself. It's like a megablaster?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
its poop

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I have no idea whatsoever how to use the rainmaker itself. It's like a megablaster?

You need to fully charge it. If you think you're going to die let loose a fully charged shot at the ground and take them out with you.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

its all the worst parts of a charger wth all the worst parts of a blaster

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's a murder machine in the right hands. But those hands aren't moving it forward instead so gently caress them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the Rainmaker mode sucks. no one wants to pick up the rainmaker, we all just want it to be over

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I pick up the Rainmaker every time. It feels great to weave through a whole team and dunk it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If you don't want to pick up the Rainmaker play something else for 2 hours. Please

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wnt to pick up the rainmaker, i just dont want to fire the fuckin thing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'll cover you. Go dunk it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rainmaker is fun, I waffle between that and splat zones as my favorite

• Locked thread