Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I just learned about the Joker rule in Yahtzee.

Which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The one where getting multiple Yahtzees doesn't just count as another 100 points, but are also used for the upper section, or if the appropriate upper section box is filled you can take it for any of the lower section boxes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The one where getting multiple Yahtzees doesn't just count as another 100 points, but are also used for the upper section, or if the appropriate upper section box is filled you can take it for any of the lower section boxes.

Ah so you learned about a joker rule in Yahtzee :smuggo:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stuff I Should Have Figured Out Earlier: Jerry Cotton is kind of a smug jerk.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The term byline is incredibly literal because it comes from "by [whomever]". I knew what it was but hearing it as one word it never clicked with me. I did a quick google and an online etymology dictionary confirmed this so gently caress off telling me it's latin or something.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Stuff I Should Have Figured Out Earlier: Jerry Cotton is kind of a smug jerk.

Jerry Cotton is a nice guy but his Mongolian genes make him troll like a rapist sometimes.

e: Genghis Khan messed up a lot of people and JC is one such but we need to forgive him his rapist DNA because he puts in his rapist instincts into his posting instead of random Chinese girls

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus Christ dude

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

syscall girl posted:

Jerry Cotton is a nice guy but his Mongolian genes make him troll like a rapist sometimes.

e: Genghis Khan messed up a lot of people and JC is one such but we need to forgive him his rapist DNA because he puts in his rapist instincts into his posting instead of random Chinese girls

what the gently caress

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

syscall girl posted:

Interesting. Please continue *frantically pressing the silent alarm button under the counter*

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I hope to loving God I'm missing some ironic reference there.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I haven't worn sandals / flip flops / whatever they are called since I was a kid, and holy poo poo I'm surprised how much more comfortable they are than I remember. I mean, sure, half of it could be that my parents bought me lovely flip-flops because I was a child who'd outgrow them in five minutes anyway, but it's still surprising.

Like, poo poo, these have actual arch support in them. In flip-flops.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

syscall girl posted:

Ma'am this is a McDonalds drive through

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It's a joke.

Jerry Cotton loves the Finnish-Mongol meme

Maybe have a sense of humor?

He is a posting pal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sometimes not everyone gets the joke, having a sense of humour does not mean understanding every joke known to mankind.

Namaste, friend.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rule of thumb -- rape jokes don't play well outside of shitposting threads, and even then

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
haha rape

rape is funny

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
syscall girl can't believe he just figured out that the overwhelming majority of people don't get his inside jokes he shares with exactly one other person.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

syscall girl posted:

It's a joke.

Jerry Cotton loves the Finnish-Mongol meme

Maybe have a sense of humor?

He is a posting pal.

yeah this makes no sense to me sorry friend :kiddo:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Rule of thumb -- rape jokes don't play well outside of shitposting threads, and even then

I've experienced enough IRL to know it's not funny but well Genghis Khan was history's most notorious

You're related to him

Apologies y'all

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

yeah this makes no sense to me sorry friend :kiddo:

Sorry you can't wrap your head about the Mongol-Finn meme

http://www.mongolia-web.com/opinion/2084-are-the-finns-the-mongolians-of-europe/

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hitler or Stalin or Mao may have had the highest death counts but Genghis had the highest rape count.

And the horde did so much damage it's hard to compare numbers there.

(Mao was working on the rape bit but he was fat and lazy)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Hitler or Stalin or Mao may have had the highest death counts but Genghis had the highest rape count.

This isn't the "which dictators raped the most people" thread. Sorry if you're confused.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

This isn't the "which dictators raped the most people" thread. Sorry if you're confused.

Things I can't believe I just figured out.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Huh, I don't think I've ever seen anyone get probated in real time before.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

syscall girl posted:

Man, I really wish the moderation queue had been processed earlier in the night. But here we are. Do not make rape jokes in this subforum.

The probation you have queued was for three days, but after this quadruple-down I am very much inclined to increase it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:rip:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

quadruple-down

Worst

fast food menu item

ever

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

walrusman posted:

Worst

fast food menu item

ever

I think you mean best.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am 34 years old and I have managed to go my entire life until recently without noticing that the diagonal bits in the Union Jack aren't symmetric.
Sure, I'm not from the UK, but that flag is pretty loving ubiquitous and just... how in the sincere gently caress did I not see that before :psyduck:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:stare: what have you loving done to my life?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Speaking of the Union, I didn't "just" find this out but rather last month or so, and I'm sure it must have been mentioned at school, but the dude who launched the Spanish armada against England was previously king of England and Ireland.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

I am 34 years old and I have managed to go my entire life until recently without noticing that the diagonal bits in the Union Jack aren't symmetric.
Sure, I'm not from the UK, but that flag is pretty loving ubiquitous and just... how in the sincere gently caress did I not see that before :psyduck:

That's weird but when you put it that way I thought you meant like they aren't even at the same angle on each side.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nordick posted:

They are symmetric, just rotational symmetry instead of mirror symmetry. :eng101:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

pik_d posted:

They are symmetric, just rotational symmetry instead of mirror symmetry. :eng101:

The worst kind of symmetry.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MariusLecter posted:

The worst kind of symmetry.

Actually that's translational symmetry.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

pik_d posted:

Yeah, I admit that was bad/lazy wording. I meant they as individual objects are not symmetric. Anyways that's besides the point, which is how does one go for years and years without seeing that the diagonal red lines are not in the middle of their white backgrounds. HOW

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

how come it's "asymmetrical" and not "unsymmetrical"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Because English is infamous for having many atypical grammatical elements haHA.

The ones I find weird are the opposite of noble being ignoble because it's surely one of the few with "ig". The other being that infamous and famous don't sound the same.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Because symmetry and its antonym happen to come from Latin not Vikingese. Next!

e: Oddly enough, in Swedish you can use both asymmetrisk and osymmetrisk :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Because English is infamous for having many atypical grammatical elements haHA.

The ones I find weird are the opposite of noble being ignoble because it's surely one of the few with "ig". The other being that infamous and famous don't sound the same.

ignoble is a very untypicial word. its a cromulent phrase, promulgating the nation.