Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I picked up my old MH3U copy after beating generations and 4U backwards since it was my first MH game and my least completed. The Jaggi line of critters is still cool, Gobul is still my favorite monster, and underwater combat is still annoying. The biggest thing I appreciated, though, was that in generations it doesn't take me literally fifteen minutes of lapping around the entire Volcano to find the drat Rathalos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Gobul is still my favorite monster,
:wtc:

Glad you're having fun though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My favorite monster is Bulldrome

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My favorite is Glavenus or Mitszune and I hope they show up in World. I can take or leave the other half of the Fated Four.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

My favorite is Glavenus or Mitszune and I hope they show up in World. I can take or leave the other half of the Fated Four.

Astalos and Gammoth are super great and better than the other two.

Though really, Gore Magala is always gonna be my favorite since 4U was the first time I really got into the series. Mastering that fight was super satisfying and I like the frenzy mechanic. Astalos/Gammoth are pretty easy 2/3 though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Astalos and Gammoth are super great and better than the other two.

Gammoth is a pain without aerial though, and even with aerial it's so big that the camera has issues. Also even if you mount it, it often clips through the terrain badly enough that you get thrown off :whitewater: Still one of the best mons just for having the best armor set though.

Mizutsune however is probably actually my favorite monster, the fight is really fun (and the bubble mechanic is neat), the music is amazing and it (and its armor)'s very pretty :kimchi:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

Gammoth is a pain without aerial though, and even with aerial it's so big that the camera has issues. Also even if you mount it, it often clips through the terrain badly enough that you get thrown off :whitewater: Still one of the best mons just for having the best armor set though.

Mizutsune however is probably actually my favorite monster, the fight is really fun (and the bubble mechanic is neat), the music is amazing and it (and its armor)'s very pretty :kimchi:

I main aerial IG so Gammoth was probably the easiest fight in the game.

Still love the big ol wooly mammoth lizard. :3:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mini uragaan

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Najarala

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Najarala_Equipment

Just love the giant scales as weapons look.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

I main aerial IG
oh :v:

yellowcar posted:

mini uragaan
mini gammoth

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, the worst monsters in Gen are Cephadrome and Plesioth because holy gently caress is it hard to get red extract off those fuckers.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
One time I carted fighting Gammoth with someone else and while I was at base camp I heard Gammoth's trumpet off in the distance. I've never seen this mentioned anywhere but it's cool.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Your Computer posted:

Gammoth is a pain without aerial though, and even with aerial it's so big that the camera has issues.

As per usual, he's a huge joke if you take a gun. Spend the entire fight shooting him right in his big dumb face!

Mizu is pretty great, yeah. I enjoy that fight a lot more than I expected to.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

no :catbert:

Zore posted:

the worst monsters in [Monster Hunter franchise] are Cephadrome and Plesioth [...]
:yeah:

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

I'd love to see Astalos and Gore Magala show up in World's graphical style, but the thing I most hope for and will very likely not get would be either Gogmazios or Nakarkos. With the track record of non-Fatalis final bosses showing up in games outside their debut, I'm not holding out too much hope, but holy poo poo would that be the best.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

I really miss this thing. The animation of the mandible attack is so good.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Over the years I've had many favorites, but I think I have a special place in my heart for Shaggy Maggy. I typically avoid the whole shiny golden paladin aesthetic, but his gear just worked for me. Probably because the weapons are just tops, absolutely gorgeous. I love the tummy ticklers the most. I jumped through some pretty impressive hoops getting his full armor sets to work in MH4U and MHX. I really like the whole Shagaru/Gore aesthetic as well, with the huge forearm/wings.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I just hope that they do more fanged beasts and herbivores. Too many dragonish things and not enough of everything else. I say that but still think Barioth might be my favorite. Still, I won't be bummed if the only returning monsters are the, hopefully heavily reworked, Raths.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I think it would be cool if they included Plesioth, but overhauled it so completely as to make it good.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I should clarify, I like the concept of Gobul, but hate actually fighting him. A puffer-stone-anglerfish-stingray amphibian ambush predator is such a weird but cool concept that it just works for me. It's very un-anime compared to something like Shagaru-Magala or Kushala Daora. Chameleos is up there too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

I just hope that they do more fanged beasts and herbivores. Too many dragonish things and not enough of everything else.

The raths and rath-likes are some of my least favorite monsters (not plesioth-tier though) so I'd love to see more of that too. Also leviathans.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I picked up my old MH3U copy after beating generations and 4U backwards since it was my first MH game and my least completed. The Jaggi line of critters is still cool, Gobul is still my favorite monster, and underwater combat is still annoying. The biggest thing I appreciated, though, was that in generations it doesn't take me literally fifteen minutes of lapping around the entire Volcano to find the drat Rathalos.

I never got into 3 terribly much but I agree that the Jaggi/Wroggi/Baggi line are far superior to the 'dromes.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squidtentacle posted:

I'd love to see Astalos and Gore Magala show up in World's graphical style, but the thing I most hope for and will very likely not get would be either Gogmazios or Nakarkos. With the track record of non-Fatalis final bosses showing up in games outside their debut, I'm not holding out too much hope, but holy poo poo would that be the best.

Oh yeah, Nakarkos is one of my favorite MH monsters, possibly my favorite, and Gog is pretty far up there too, and sadly I don't expect to see either of them. Alatreon, another one I like, has a fairly good shot though, since it's that Fatalis alternative.

Then again, they may decide it's time for a new ultimate black dragon bonus boss monster; Fatalis was the thing for 1st and 2nd gen, then Alatreon for 3rd and 4th with occasional Fatalis. 5th adding a new one would continue the pattern, though, while I prefer Alatreon to Fatalis quite a bit, I think a third Fatalis-alike (not counting, you know, the variant Fatalises) may be one too many.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
If World doesn't have Zamtrios I'll be very upset.

He is MH4U's greatest contribution.

Also, I really want another sandship battle. I know people don't generally like 'em but the sheer scale of the monster being fought is just always great.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

When I saw Jagrass in the reveal trailer I thought it was Zamtrios for a second

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Tigrex kicked my rear end so hard he forced me to change my approach to the game, dropping my cowardly hit and run tactics for an aggressive stick and move playstyle. The series was just fun before, Tigrex is when I started to love it.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

<-------- The one and only.

Also bring back Qurupeco.

Comedy Option: Hypnocatrice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChibiSoma posted:

But the 3DS/Switch versions of MHXX? Nothing. The only comment we got that's kept any kind of hope alive was Capcom strangely choosing to clarify a news story that said they weren't localizing MHXX by stating they had 'no plans at that time.' If they wanted to draw attention away from Double Cross, why even comment on the story at all?

They are drawing attention away from it, by saying it isn't coming to the West aka "don't look forward to it and stop asking." That's not radio silence.

MHW looks pretty much the same as Gen or XX with visuals that aren't stuck in the mid 2000's, you're kinda coming off as curmudgeony by not wanting the series to change at all and remain stagnant.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I still want XX to be released in the west and World looking great isn't going to change that

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I want XX on my Switch short term and World later when its ready.

People itt acting like you cant want both. Or that its weird to for some reason.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
World looks incredible but I still want an English release of MHXX because I can play it on my Switch

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

s.i.r.e. posted:

Holy poo poo.

With these new weapons videos, who cares about not getting XX.

The second half of a game I love, that is done and has been for sale for like a goddamn year? Yeah, I want them to sack up and sell that to me, and I still don't understand why they won't.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

The second half of a game I love, that is done and has been for sale for like a goddamn year? Yeah, I want them to sack up and sell that to me, and I still don't understand why they won't.

Mostly because it costs money and Capcom has made some incredibly bad financial decisions in recent years. They're betting heavily on the success of World and literally may not have the staff or money to translate XX and get World out for a worldwide release. There's probably also some fear of cannibalizing sales in the West since Monster Hunter has never been as popular here as it is in Japan and a translated XX would come out very shortly before World.

Monster Hunter is like their only franchise they haven't had a massive and horrible misstep with in the last few years.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ohh, something else I want. A Monster based on the Bearded Vulture.

Fun Fact : In the wild they almost exclusively eat bones.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 1, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I want a Great Gargwa.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

:yeah:
I think they did a great job with Malfestio, so more birbs would be cool (just no more Garuga)

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I want a Great Gargwa.
The deviant Silver Deadeye Gargwadrome

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'm hype for World but I still haven't beaten all of Gen's content and it's hard to get back into it when I know MHXX might come out eventually :effort:

Also I'm kinda afraid World won't have enough monsters. Gen was my first MH so I'm spoiled on that front, but I wouldn't expect that much content from World. You know, it's a new engine and a full rework of the franchise. That's fine though, it looks amazing.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

7c Nickel posted:

I mean, he's not bearded, but Anjanath is pretty obviously a lizard vulture. Maybe we'll get more straight-up birds, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

s.i.r.e. posted:

They are drawing attention away from it, by saying it isn't coming to the West aka "don't look forward to it and stop asking." That's not radio silence.

MHW looks pretty much the same as Gen or XX with visuals that aren't stuck in the mid 2000's, you're kinda coming off as curmudgeony by not wanting the series to change at all and remain stagnant.

For all that World looks great, it still won't let me be a cat. You can't let me beat up monsters as a cat and then take it away. :colbert: Until Word announces that yes, Prowler mode is still in, I will keep harping about wanting XX.

Bombadilillo posted:

I want XX on my Switch short term and World later when its ready.

People itt acting like you cant want both. Or that its weird to for some reason.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong! Same here, 100%. I am totally on board with World and will get it for sure! Just... I would also buy XX. I want both. I will play both. I like portable MonHun.

• Locked thread