Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Deleted. fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Screencapped for posterity. https://twitter.com/DrTMarsh/status/892273759230451712

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that dude literally had 100 responses and zero likes/rts

it was kind of incredible

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

navyjack posted:

Deleted. fuckers

Guess he couldn't take the heat. We're going to see a lot more of these kinds of attacks. They've already been attacking Nina Turner whenever people bring her up as an alternative to Harris.

Lastgirl posted:

gently caress is wrong with people :smugjones:

2016 did a number on a lot of brains :baby:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

anime was right posted:

that dude literally had 100 responses and zero likes/rts

it was kind of incredible

more violence against free speech from the alt-left

now i am become death, deleter of tweets

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that might be the golden poo poo ratio, all responses and not a single like/rt

i wonder what the tweet with the highest golden poo poo ratio is

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:swoon:

willa –

Thanks so much for your ongoing support.

Let me take this opportunity to give you an update as to what's been happening in recent weeks.

As you all know, the disastrous Republican "health care" proposals have, for the moment at least, been defeated. They were defeated because millions of Americans stood up and fought back. They made phone calls and sent emails, letting members of Congress know how they felt. They got their friends involved in the struggle by utilizing social media. They attended town hall meetings. They went to rallies, including some that I attended in Michigan, Maine, Nevada, Arizona, West Virginia, Ohio, Utah, Pennsylvania and Kentucky.

And in poll after poll, an overwhelming majority of the American people were absolutely clear about their opposition to these destructive plans:

No. We will not be throwing 32 million, 23 million, 22 million or 16 million Americans off of health insurance in order to give tax breaks to the rich and large corporations, and to further the right wing extremist ideology of the Koch brothers.

No. We will not be cutting Medicaid by $800 billion, raising premiums for older workers, defunding Planned Parenthood and making it almost impossible for people with pre-existing conditions to get affordable insurance.

Needless to say, while we have won at least a temporary victory by defeating horrific Republican proposals, that is not good enough. We need to go on the offensive, not simply remain in a defensive posture.

The status quo is not satisfactory. Too many Americans continue to have no health insurance. Too many are paying premiums, deductibles and co-payments that are much too high. Too many cannot afford the outrageously high cost of prescription drugs they need. Too many cannot gain access to high quality primary health care or dental care, even when they have insurance. Our goal is not complicated, and it is not radical. It is to have the United States join every other industrialized country on earth in guaranteeing health care for all. Health care must not be considered as a privilege or a commodity. It is a human right to which every man, woman and child is entitled.

Our goal is to create a rational, cost-effective health care system. Today in the United States, we are spending almost $10,000 a year per person on health care. This is absurd and unsustainable. We must not continue a system which is, by far, the most expensive, wasteful and bureaucratic in the world.

Our goal is to put health care dollars into disease prevention and the provision of health care, not insurance company profits, not outrageous salaries for health industry CEOs, not advertising, not billing, not lobbying or campaign contributions.

Our goal is to move this country to a Medicare-for-all, single-payer system.

Let me be clear. This will be an enormously difficult and prolonged struggle, and one which will require the efforts of tens of millions of Americans in every state in this country. It will, in fact, require a political revolution in which the American people participate in the political process in a way that we have not seen in the recent history of our democracy.

In order to pass a Medicare-for-all, single payer system we will be taking on the most powerful special interests in the country: Wall Street, the insurance companies, the drug companies, the corporate media, the Republican Party and the establishment wing of the Democratic Party. In opposition to our efforts there will be a never-ending barrage of TV ads, editorials, political attacks and lies.

If we are going to be successful in this struggle, we have got to be smart – very smart. Not only do we need strong legislation (which I will be offering shortly and an outline of which I will be sending to you), but we need an unprecedented organizing and educational campaign.

How do we counter the lies and distortions against Medicare-for-all that is sure to come? How do we make certain that all of us – men and women, gay and straight, black, white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American -– are in this struggle together? How do we bring young and healthy people to stand alongside the elderly, the sick and the poor?

The battle that we are undertaking is enormous and unprecedented in the modern history of our country. Please send us your ideas as to how we can best go forward. Please give us your vision of what a humane and rational health care system looks like. Please share your experiences with the current system. Please help us map out an effective political strategy.

We are in this together. We need everyone's ideas.

Thanks again for your support and all that you are doing.

In solidarity,

Bernie

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Scent of Worf posted:

Guess he couldn't take the heat. We're going to see a lot more of these kinds of attacks. They've already been attacking Nina Turner whenever people bring her up as an alternative to Harris.

2016 did a number on a lot of brains :baby:

it did on everyones brain but thats no excuse to threaten jail time for having a different viewpoint, goodness they were decrying "lock her up" but now they're the ones saying it, almost as if their "way of life" is being threatened or something, but they don't realize that their "way of life" is a privilege afforded ironically enough same as everyone else ~

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

anime was right posted:

that might be the golden poo poo ratio, all responses and not a single like/rt

i wonder what the tweet with the highest golden poo poo ratio is

we have such sights to show you..

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Scent of Worf posted:

we have such sights to show you..

that dude literally had no likes/retweets. ive never seen it. it was insane.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol the guy has made his twitter private or deleted it

you should all be ashamed for attacking an lgbtqai ally like that :ughh:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

anime was right posted:

that dude literally had no likes/retweets. ive never seen it. it was insane.

a take too hot to touch

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

lol the guy has made his twitter private or deleted it

you should all be ashamed for attacking an lgbtqai ally like that :ughh:

lock him up

thats awesome, and hes right about being on the offensive. If you want to safeguard yer democracy and rights, you have to be vigilant. Not wishy-washy and appease.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
block him up imo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Breakfast All Day posted:

a take too hot to touch

the chlorine trifluoride of tweets

it's burned through the RAID drive and is setting the ground on fire :stonklol:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

block him up imo

lmao

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

it did on everyones brain but thats no excuse to threaten jail time for having a different viewpoint, goodness they were decrying "lock her up" but now they're the ones saying it, almost as if their "way of life" is being threatened or something, but they don't realize that their "way of life" is a privilege afforded ironically enough same as everyone else ~

u rite

It's the same way they've been reacting when the local government tries to build affordable housing in their neighborhoods or add a bus route from the city into their suburbs. liberals are die hard allies right up until the second their way of life is even remotely challenged in any way :shrug:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
seriously how do you get to 104 people dunking on you without a single rt/like holy poo poo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Squizzle posted:

san dimas high school football rules

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Willa Rogers posted:

:swoon:

willa –

Thanks so much for your ongoing support.

Let me take this opportunity to give you an update as to what's been happening in recent weeks.

As you all know, the disastrous Republican "health care" proposals have, for the moment at least, been defeated. They weret least a temporary victory by defeating horrific Republican proposals, that is not good enough. We need to go on the offensive, not simply remain in a defensive posture

I appreciate the positive message but I wish Bernie would acknowledge the repeal failed not because of millions of Americans fighting back but because John McCains tumor made him decide he wanted to gently caress over Trump and McConnell at least once before he died. We're on the edge of a cliff with regards to Obamacare and if McCain keels over during recess and the governor Appoints someone worse, the first vote when the senate gets back will Be to finish the job.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

The Nastier Nate posted:

I appreciate the positive message but I wish Bernie would acknowledge the repeal failed not because of millions of Americans fighting back but because John McCains tumor made him decide he wanted to gently caress over Trump and McConnell at least once before he died. We're on the edge of a cliff with regards to Obamacare and if McCain keels over during recess and the governor Appoints someone worse, the first vote when the senate gets back will Be to finish the job.

glioblastoma man is a villain not a hero

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Condiv posted:

glioblastoma man is a villain not a hero

No argument here, but For now it's more of an "enemy of my enemy" situation.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Nastier Nate posted:

collins and murkowski probably woultnt have voted against it if it their reelection didnt depend on it so actually standing up against it and it being deeply unpopular is the reason that threshold allowed mccain to do that in the first place

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the issue is that millions of voters basically convinced the leadership to give two people a safety vote on their dumpsterfire bill

a differnece was made, but it was so small it really tells you how insulated dc is lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i like centrists trying hard to rehabilitate mccain's image so they can say "you should've been nice to mccain!"

like claiming bringing the bill up for debate prevented it from being reconsidered or somesuch bullshit instead of mccain being a dumb poo poo more devoted to decorum than the needs of his country

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mccain voted that way entirely for post-mortem press fellatio

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I will stand by Nina Turner as she actually got both sides of the NV state democratic caucus to calm down for forty five minutes.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Better than out of state officials literally calling half of the delegates insolent children that deserve nothing (boxer)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/891885393519534080

"ACA improvements" feels like i've heard this before 🤔
just a reminder that this is what democrats mean by "ACA improvements":
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/30/15878560/congressional-democrats-fix-obamacare

quote:

Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA): use an individual mandate to lower costs
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV): improve savings, efficiency in health care system
Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT): need to get “good-thinking senators” into a room
Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA): reintroduce “copper plans” as a way to insure those not covered by Obamacare
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN): lower drug prices, introduce “reinsurance” plan
Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY): stop the assault on the Medicaid expansion
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY): “We’re just fighting to save health care”
thanks dems
thems

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

remember when hillary threw the dnc election team under the bus and blamed them for her not campaigning in wisconsin lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

It's one thing to understand at an intellectual level that people are having to make these kinds of decisions, but stuff like this makes it more visceral and hits me in the chest. Then I remember that the democrats response to poo poo like this is that these people should spend more time on the ACA exchanges shopping for better deals and I want to start hitting them in the chest.

https://youtu.be/zeBQC7h37DQ?t=118
when some uninsured poor making 30k a year asks obama how the hell he's supposed to afford healthcare under obamacare, barack obama's first response is to essentially shame him for cable television or phone bills

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

congresspeople likely play games with votes. the party and congresspeople will vote in ways to maximize their popularity instead of reflect their actual support of a bill if they know what the final outcome of a vote will be. the final vote tally may not reflect the actual support for a bill.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

quote:

The 2015 tax returns filed by U.S. Senate candidate Kamala Harris and her husband, Los Angeles attorney Douglas Emhoff, show that the couple earned $1.17 million that year, according to reports.

Harris’ tax returns, which were viewed and first reported by the Sacramento Bee, also showed that the California attorney general and her husband paid $450,000 in state and federal income taxes.

Harris campaign spokesman Nathan Click said journalists are being allowed to view the tax returns by appointment only.

Harris’ rival in the Senate race, Orange County Rep. Loretta Sanchez, provided her 2015 tax return to the Orange County Register and will not make those tax records available to other journalists until after that news organization publishes its story, said Sanchez campaign spokesman Luis Vizcaino.

Harris and Sanchez have net worths that likely run in the millions, according to federal and state financial disclosures.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-kamala-harris-and-her-husband-made-1476735863-htmlstory.html

hmm i'm sure this aloof coastal millionaire who seems to constantly be in the spotlight cares a lot about the plight of the working class and the destitute.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

man oh man

that kamala

she's so down to earth. she truly knows what it's like to be down here with the rest of us

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Aug 1, 2017

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

anime was right posted:

dont quote me or my posts ever again

Thank you for the chuckle.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"You should ask a police captain to do protest training!", lol just lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

UHD posted:

why does anyone post in the suck zone

The map got turnt
Or the river took out the bridge
But we can’t get out
The way that we came in

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jBrereton posted:

"You should ask a police captain to do protest training!", lol just lol
add another item to the democratic list of word replacements

instead of saying crowd and riot control training, say protest training in a mild-mannered but warm tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Scent of Worf posted:

man oh man

that kamala

she's so down to earth. she truly knows what it's like to be down here with the rest of us

rofl how did you dig this up

• Locked thread