Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotASmartMan
Jul 28, 2017

Some Numbers posted:

I don't see how that's any more of an exploit than stacking up on Cast 1 and Cast 2, but okay, whatever.

Think it was because the effect of a Bell quartz and Master quartz was additive rather than multiplicative. So two lots of 50% delay reduction became 0 delay rather than 25% delay. I don't think this was intended because it was changed for CS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally getting back into crossbell after a billion distractions. What's the secret OP method for early game, cause I'm kinda just hitting stuff and having Ellie effectively give unlimited heals+CP right now.

Also, the hell happened to Joshua and Estell's face

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new character designer drew them weird

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Baccano guy's design for Estelle is so weird and jarring especially when you compare to her official falcom art during that time:

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 1, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is Randy the Rean of the group, because the first 6 hours have been him spamming his delay attack all day.

I hope I find out what Lloyd's niche is, because he's kinda just attacking a lot without much else.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Randy is the Fie
Lloyd is the Rean Estelle because he's got the group buff and you're not going to get to take him out of the party ever

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 1, 2017

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Crossbell stuff is a blast. I beat Zero and I'm making good progress on Ao. I'm sad that they nerfed Holy Bullet for Ao... but they kind of had to in all honesty.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

NotASmartMan posted:

Think it was because the effect of a Bell quartz and Master quartz was additive rather than multiplicative. So two lots of 50% delay reduction became 0 delay rather than 25% delay. I don't think this was intended because it was changed for CS2.

Yeah, that's why I was calling it an exploit.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sounds like there will be a new fan translation of Zero coming out possibly beginning of next year

https://geofront.esterior.net/2017/07/07/fifteen/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Logicblade posted:

Crossbell stuff is a blast. I beat Zero and I'm making good progress on Ao. I'm sad that they nerfed Holy Bullet for Ao... but they kind of had to in all honesty.

What's bustes about holy bullet?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Its very strong HP recovery, but if you get all your party members under it, it'll net you 40 CP total in Zero. in Ao you can't target Elie herself with it, and it costs 20 CP more, so at the very best you can get neutral on CP.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Logicblade posted:

Its very strong HP recovery, but if you get all your party members under it, it'll net you 40 CP total in Zero. in Ao you can't target Elie herself with it, and it costs 20 CP more, so at the very best you can get neutral on CP.

So it's Blessed Arrow, but way worse?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cold Steel releases in +-24 hours and we still don't have a trailer lol

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
What exactly determines which classmates you have flashbacks of in CS2? I ended CS1 dancing with Alisa, and she was the one to send Rean off after he got ruined by Crow, but I just flashed back to her and Millium with their faces pressed up against Valimar's viewscreen, and Millium had the lowest link level in the file I sent forward. I think it's been said that it checks for who could have been in that position, but I'm not sure.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Terper posted:

Cold Steel releases in +-24 hours and we still don't have a trailer lol

It's totally gonna bomb and then we will get CS3 in a half-assed NISA translation :(

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I think it's been said that it checks for who could have been in that position, but I'm not sure.

That's exactly right. You'll get a couple extra lines out of anyone you could have picked at the dance, not just your actual pick.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

OddObserver posted:

It's totally gonna bomb and then we will get CS3 in a half-assed NISA translation :(

please don't post like slur. this thread is better without doomsaying about how trails is going to die and we'll never get more games based on literally nothing

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 1, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

please don't post like slur. this thread is better without doomsaying about how trails is going to die and we'll never get more games based on literally nothing

Well, Slur hasn't been here in a while, so I guess he felt a need to take that job opening.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

So it's Blessed Arrow, but way worse?

Exactly. Because Trails of Cold Steel was definitely fair and balanced about CP lol.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

What exactly determines which classmates you have flashbacks of in CS2? I ended CS1 dancing with Alisa, and she was the one to send Rean off after he got ruined by Crow, but I just flashed back to her and Millium with their faces pressed up against Valimar's viewscreen, and Millium had the lowest link level in the file I sent forward. I think it's been said that it checks for who could have been in that position, but I'm not sure.

Yep, everyone who you had the choice to dance with gets a flashback in CS2, which can be really jarring.

Logicblade posted:

Exactly. Because Trails of Cold Steel was definitely fair and balanced about CP lol.

Trails of Cold Steel is completely fair and balanced in every way.

After all, it's not like Class VII actually beats anyone with all their overpowered Crafts.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

After all, it's not like Class VII actually beats anyone with all their overpowered Crafts.

Speaking of not beating anyone at all, I'm mildly cheesed that a lot of those boss fights have AP conditions tied to them. I had to weaken Fie's old jaeger buddies via losing to them three times before I could meet the requirements.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

lol

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Speaking of not beating anyone at all, I'm mildly cheesed that a lot of those boss fights have AP conditions tied to them. I had to weaken Fie's old jaeger buddies via losing to them three times before I could meet the requirements.

Wait, what? I just got them to quit after I got one them to half HP, which wasn't the easiest thing ever even then.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Wait, what? I just got them to quit after I got one them to half HP, which wasn't the easiest thing ever even then.

For that fight, you can get 3 AP if you get one of them to something like 40% HP before it times out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm fine with this as long as Angelica still swears like a sailor

VVVVV I do think their delivery was fine before, but that seems like an improvement

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 1, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Is there any reason to not start Cold Steel on Hard difficulty, I heard Normal is too easy.

I do not believe that it's censorship. They re-recorded some lines and the new ones have better delivery.

Terper posted:

My spellcasters in Sky very rarely had access to Fire arts because lol why would I want to reduce their defense??

I'm getting near the end of my Sky SC re-play, and I've stopped putting Defense quartz onto Zin because it makes him worse at attacking, and I very rarely need someone to actually tank (but Normal difficulty).

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 1, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So did they fix/backport Elliot's Ibackyouup!! and Alisa's burning arrow lines?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Is there any reason to not start Cold Steel on Hard difficulty, I heard Normal is too easy.
Well, you don't start with very many options, but yeah, Hard is probably fine. Just abuse your Crafts.

Tae posted:

Elliot's Ibackyouup!!
I legit thought he was saying "I'll take you on" until Cold Steel 2.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
All of the screenshots that have been released of TOCS3

http://imgur.com/a/8TUR2

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's another new screenshot on the niconfalcom twitter but I think it might be a surprise best kept unspoiled.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I know there's a dedicated Cold Steel PC thread now, but Cold Steel just hit Steam, GOG and Humble.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I really like Duvalie stuffing her face at the inn in Legram while she whines about her life.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Duvalie is pretty great in general. Not the greatest, but still, probably better than half your party.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Double posting, but SC spoilers:
[Bracer Guild Sign]
A metal sign removed from the Zeiss branch of the incompetent Bracer Guild by the genius and dashing Phantom Thief Bleublanc. While its financial value is insignificant, the shock to Guild members is likely considerable, and reading this now must fill you with shame.

Bleublanc: Still the best/worst.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Bleublanc invented the concept of shitposting before the in-universe internet was even invented.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

Divine knight details

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think this is about the time when I start asking where the hell the damned gunpla is for this game.

I mean...it wouldn't be gunpla, per se, but I am ready and willing to build some soldats.:colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

That's so cool. Hard to believe it comes out for real next month. Then begins the long wait to localization :sigh:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These fights with the mud guys in 3rd are garbage.

What a way to bring the player down after that dramatic moment, loving hell.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
Not on topic to the CS3 stuff, but I'm really glad Cold Steel is finally out. That port felt like it had a bit of a troubled development, but Durante's involvement (Durante is awesome) helped it turn out really fantastic in the end. It feels like I'm going to have to live up to the quality of Cold Steel with my configuration tools in the future, if I can.

The reason I'm not posting this in the CS thread instead is that I wanted to say I'm already taking some small steps to at least try to bring the Sky trilogy to some level of parity with that awesomeness, although it's not much yet. The Steam versions of Trails in the Sky will no longer require Steam to launch from now on, just like Cold Steel, although Steam will still be required for Steam features of course. I'm definitely working on redoing the configuration tools too, but it's going to be a much longer process... as will adding more graphics options, though I do hope to someday!

As far as CS3 goes though, drat. Every single new release of info is making it look better and better and at this point I almost feel like some part of me is starting to go "Sure... but what's the catch?"