Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Grimdark Volstagg. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Thanks

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 1, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Sorry, I don't find Grimdark Volstagg badass at all, it's just kinda depressing and poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Also the public library called, they say there's already a norse god of war.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lurdiak posted:

You will accept that Thor is a title and not a name and you will like it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

And today's his day. :neckbeard:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I do find the panels badass but I also find the last one kinda funny; the word bubbles say "Calm-ish, firm voice" but his face says "WAAAAAAAUUUUGH"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I’ve said this in this thread or another before but I guess it needs to be repeated.

Do not post panels with a huge watermark telling you where to pirate comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Onmi posted:

You will accept that Thor is a title and not a name and you will like it.

Yeah, a title for the god of thunder. Not of war.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So while we're talking about how inaccurate the comics are to the original mythic eddas why isn't anyone complaining about Odin making a murderbot

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KaosMachina posted:

So while we're talking about how inaccurate the comics are to the original mythic eddas why isn't anyone complaining about Odin making a murderbot

Jack Kirby is an honorary Viking, so he's allowed to do that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

KaosMachina posted:

Odin making a murder machine to circumvent fate only for it to fail miserably is totally in keeping with the eddas.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the worst offender for changes from tradition is Thor being blonde.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

violent sex idiot posted:

the worst offender for changes from tradition is Thor being blonde.

In his only appearance they gave Cuchulain red hair though so it evens out.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, a title for the god of thunder. Not of war.

Thor was also a god of war (in norse mythology gods had multiple aspects and also multiple gods of war).

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Those Norse sure did love their war

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Thor was also a god of war (in norse mythology gods had multiple aspects and also multiple gods of war).

Then "War Thor" is a redundant title, like War Ares would be. There's no universe in which War Thor doesn't suck.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Then "War Thor" is a redundant title, like War Ares would be. There's no universe in which War Thor doesn't suck.

It makes sense when there's 2 Thors running around (Ignoring Spider-Men, Hawkeyes and Wasps, and I guess now Hulks since She-Hulk dropped the "She")

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It makes sense when there's 2 Thors running around (Ignoring Spider-Men, Hawkeyes and Wasps, and I guess now Hulks since She-Hulk dropped the "She")

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Erma is a webcomic about a cute little ghost girl.

Found here.

https://tapas.io/episode/795808

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Those Norse sure did love their war

It was like their main source of slaves after all. Sorry, thralls. Important distinction.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Say Nothing posted:

Erma is a webcomic about a cute little ghost girl.

Found here.

https://tapas.io/episode/795808

I must say that slamming the door in the face of someone who just helped you pass the nail polish is indeed very rude.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Constantine loving with the devil.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

How many "the devils" has Constantine hosed with? This looks like the fourth that I know of.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Doc Hawkins posted:

How many "the devils" has Constantine hosed with? This looks like the fourth that I know of.

"The devil" is probably distinct from Lucifer. Haven't read nearly as many Constantine books as I should have though, so who knows.

This The devil looks like a punk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's all the same guy and he sucks at his job.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lurdiak posted:

It's all the same guy and he sucks at his job.

Funny, though I was thinking in particular of one of the all-time great Hellblazer stories, which hinges on there being three co-rulers of hell, who I think have that position in the absence of Lucifer "Actually The Devil" Morningstar, who went off to run a bar or whatever.

I like Vertigo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Funny, though I was thinking in particular of one of the all-time great Hellblazer stories, which hinges on there being three co-rulers of hell, who I think have that position in the absence of Lucifer "Actually The Devil" Morningstar, who went off to run a bar or whatever.

I like Vertigo.

That is from Dangerous Habits. The turning of beer to holy water is what causes the first of the fallen to lay claim on his soul

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

I like Vertigo.

It's a bit complicated, but basically at some point Ennis said "No, this one devil guy is The Enemy for real, the coalition was just a trick god played on them".

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

It's a bit complicated, but basically at some point Ennis said "No, this one devil guy is The Enemy for real, the coalition was just a trick god played on them".

Hell seems very convoluted, but that would make sense.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hellblazer has a ton of writers going "Nah that was BS" about previous writers' cosmology and world-building, but somehow that seems appropriate for a book about a con man.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Plus it's loving Hell, poo poo changing all the time actually makes sense when you think about it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hellblazer is the oral history passed down by Constantine while he's drinking to forget.

He's trying to make himself look good in these stories.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

"The devil" is probably distinct from Lucifer. Haven't read nearly as many Constantine books as I should have though, so who knows.

This The devil looks like a punk.

That Devil is The Adversary. He's distinct from the Lucifer in Sandman, but for the purposes of this story you can just think of him as the main The Devil.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Plus it's loving Hell, poo poo changing all the time actually makes sense when you think about it.

At the rate humanity keeps inventing new sins these days, that seems legit to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ultimates 2 #100

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's a radical panel, but i can't for the life of me figure out how his left hand is moving in that direction as he twists his body the other way for that punch.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Who is that punching Hulk?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Fairly sure that's Blue Marvel, the premier non Hyperion kinda Supermany character in Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's a genius scientist as well.