Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kromlech posted:

i unironically want to see nudes of Ben. For science, not like sexually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Amazing Zimmo posted:

That could actually come true, with the emotional and financial investment that some backers have in this game they could end up depressed to the point of suicide. I'm not trying to be funny when I say that either, I think it's a real danger.

I think this is quite funny and I hope they do it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Except Humility. I love that poor lil guy and I worry about him every day.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amazing Zimmo posted:

That could actually come true, with the emotional and financial investment that some backers have in this game they could end up depressed to the point of suicide. I'm not trying to be funny when I say that either, I think it's a real danger.

Toops posted:

Except Humility. I love that poor lil guy and I worry about him every day.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

https://youtu.be/gs6oPhWcsG4

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Kromlech posted:

i unironically want to see nudes of Ben. For science, not like sexually.

What the gently caress?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Star Citizen: I kind of remorse, sort of.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Star Citizen: I kind of remorse the gently caress, sort of.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/BCubist/status/892176697830854656

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

e: nvm

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i been out of the loop for a few weeks, what's the happy haps

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

3.0 was delayed post Gamescom (to September), and reddit had a meltdown about it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

i been out of the loop for a few weeks, what's the happy haps

Ben finally murdered Crobberts in a fit of nerd-rage... and is now feasting on his engorged insides like a hyena

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Kromlech posted:

Post some funny OG goonart for us relative goonoobs.

The Original Bootcha Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUrpmnIap0

Things got weird after that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdmbhLDwM1k

Artsy, almost...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppdnbrylevc

Then came self reflection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1CQ5IDo6Q

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha post the new juicy info this is a lawyer

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kromlech posted:

Post some funny OG goonart for us relative goonoobs.
Also from my Photoshop shitturds:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Would. And after that I'd..... yeah, would.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Related question: Noted existing non-game No Mans Sky is being shoveled out for 10€ for the PS4 version in a local electronics store.
Is it worth literally :10bux:?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And never forget...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Bootcha posted:

Also from my Photoshop shitturds:

love this so much

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Thank god all those negative threads are not longer on the frontpage

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Hopper posted:

Related question: Noted existing non-game No Mans Sky is being shoveled out for 10€ for the PS4 version in a local electronics store.

I'd say so. I hadn't really bought into the hype about No Mans Sky so I didn't know too much about it. I steam family shared my cousin's copy and enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't have been too happy to pay full price for it, but :10bux: seems reasonable.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Out of curiosity, I read the comments sections on some of the SC Alpha 3.0 delayed till September articles and what's really fascinating is that there are a bunch of stalwart defenders of the faith in some places (PC Gamer especially) but elsewhere it's just endless criticism and mockery. Hell, one of the shills on PC Gamer said that CIG had issued weekly patches for Star Citizen this year, which is certainly an interesting interpretation of reality. Oddly enough, it's a point that I haven't seen anywhere else, which was rather odd.

Anyways, what I found interesting about this was that the former united front of backers/shills vs the mocking masses has become decidedly more one sided than it used to be. Either backers aren't as invested anymore or someone isn't paying the shills to post all over the internet anytime negative news breaks. I'm sure people with more privileged information know the exact reasoning behind this withdrawal of a pro-SC voice from the larger internet, but it sure is fun to speculate as to how bad the money situation is that they can't even afford to hire people to post in web article comment sections anymore.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Sappo569 posted:

Bootcha post the new juicy info this is a lawyer

He's having to port it to LumberYard, so a couple more days.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

I won it during a giveaway back around release and I still don't think it was worth bothering with, even if the language stones gradually making alien dialogue understandable was a neat little idea.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AlmightyPants posted:

Out of curiosity, I read the comments sections on some of the SC Alpha 3.0 delayed till September articles and what's really fascinating is that there are a bunch of stalwart defenders of the faith in some places (PC Gamer especially) but elsewhere it's just endless criticism and mockery. Hell, one of the shills on PC Gamer said that CIG had issued weekly patches for Star Citizen this year, which is certainly an interesting interpretation of reality. Oddly enough, it's a point that I haven't seen anywhere else, which was rather odd.

Anyways, what I found interesting about this was that the former united front of backers/shills vs the mocking masses has become decidedly more one sided than it used to be. Either backers aren't as invested anymore or someone isn't paying the shills to post all over the internet anytime negative news breaks. I'm sure people with more privileged information know the exact reasoning behind this withdrawal of a pro-SC voice from the larger internet, but it sure is fun to speculate as to how bad the money situation is that they can't even afford to hire people to post in web article comment sections anymore.

Right now the shills are kinda hibernating, it's been a long winter with nothing to feed on. But just you wait until CR works his magic in gamescon. Those hands will fly! the non-promise promises will be regal. Networking, Fidelity, Cargooooo! You name it. MoMA will come strut to this thread, tumescent, barely able to contain himself.

And then... the ship sale. It will be glorious.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

No way, I'm gonna be leader of a band of marauders who doxxes and then murders anyone who doesn't like blue cheese on their tacos.

You're hosed, buddy.

I might have to join your side here. What is your policy on pineapple pizza?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Kromlech posted:

e: i remember INN, they were the ones cosplaying newsvan hobos right?

This one is actually timely again, since Dolvak has apparently returned to mod the subreddit.

On the INN gang-- some of us had a lot of fun jumping into Jake and Dolvak's twitch chat when they switched to Overwatch last year. I think they both have reached an enlightenment stage, really. I am glad of it.

Even as they ascend, Erris seems bound for a total meltdown if he doesn't get his fuel rods back in the water ASAP. That Relay episode AP linked in was :argh: :argh: :argh:

Erris, seriously, it's just a game. You may have spent enough on it to have bought a car with money left over for the airfare to present Chris with another handmade award chiseled on surplus headstone marble at the next convention, but it's only money, man. Peace of mind is worth a lot more.
Find yours!

:gary:

Also, some random moments, grabbed without really searching from a directory stuffed with them. It made me laugh to see them. I miss RTV.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 1, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vrf50dZrv4

Star Citizen Dual Universe is coming along nicely. Showing some really cool, though boring, features.

I could prolly script a "ben fat, kill" for all my spaceship doors.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Thoatse posted:

The Final Meltdown

We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
If there's a release, who can tell?
I guess there is one guy to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final meltdown
The final meltdown

Oh

We're heading for refunds (refunds)
And still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us (seen us)
And welcome us all, yeah
With so many years still to go
And things looking down (looking down)
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so

It's the final meltdown
The final meltdown

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bf--uHYLM&t=684s

:gary: :gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bf--uHYLM&t=3564s

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Ok. this is completely stupid. The new narrative that is. By which the 3.0 is totally more than what is was.

No it still isn't though. When they had shown 3.0 last year, it was clearly stated that they won't release that secret build right then and there because 3.0 was supposed to have all of those other things that weren't ready, and that that demo (which was fake) was only a polished build for the GamesCom demo.

So yeah. 3.0 was even when originally presented supposed to be released with everything shown on GameCom and MORE. Which Crobblers kept stressing while he was presenting it. It would have AI, it would have the new planets tech, it would have more planets(!) and lots of other parpy promises that someone with more patience than me could list.

It's definitely not that they suddenly changed the scope of the 3.0 (alpha, lol). They rather started cutting it down (since last CitizenCon mind you) in 3.x slices, and they still are not able to do whatever that 3.0 slide listed in CitCon.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i'm still thinking it's going to be

'here's 3.0 the mvp we promise to add more to star citizen in the future no more refunds'

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

Ok. this is completely stupid. The new narrative that is. By which the 3.0 is totally more than what is was.

No it still isn't though. When they had shown 3.0 last year, it was clearly stated that they won't release that secret build right then and there because 3.0 was supposed to have all of those other things that weren't ready, and that that demo (which was fake) was only a polished build for the GamesCom demo.

So yeah. 3.0 was even when originally presented supposed to be released with everything shown on GameCom and MORE. Which Crobblers kept stressing while he was presenting it. It would have AI, it would have the new planets tech, it would have more planets(!) and lots of other parpy promises that someone with more patience than me could list.

It's definitely not that they suddenly changed the scope of the 3.0 (alpha, lol). They rather started cutting it down (since last CitizenCon mind you) in 3.x slices, and they still are not able to do whatever that 3.0 slide listed in CitCon.

:kayak: Welcome to the Dream Refactory :kayak:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

:kayak: Welcome to the Dream Refactory :kayak:

Now I want to change my av :smith:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
CIG blew their load too soon and now have entered their refactory period. :flaccid:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The professional FUD fighting brigade really must have logged a few hours this last 'gate. Just look at this

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qoscs/perspective_30_is_the_secondtolast_phase_in_scs/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qimt8/better_safe_than_no_man_sky/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qjnll/full_support_for_cigs_decision_to_delay_30_yet/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qi2ec/people_often_claim_that_the_upcoming_alpha_30/

None of these are commandos either, some of them have shittier karma than I have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Another one lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qqo2n/for_those_that_may_not_know_the_difference/

That one's so low-effort it might be genuine though