Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Nebelwerfer posted:

Book Euron diddled his brother's newly wed wife and then hosed off to Essos to get high on milk of the poppy and capture black mages to learn their secrets. The sudden storm before raiding fleet the snakes were traveling on was a hint of that. Book Euron was a cocky, hedonistic villain also but just a bit more subtle in his ways

So why is that other guy complaining about show Euron "hitting on his nieces" if book Euron did that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So why is that other guy complaining about show Euron "hitting on his nieces" if book Euron did that?

technically salt wives of the Iron Isles are not Ironborn so..

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I really liked season 1 of this show

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
:rip: lady sassmouth who died as she lived, talking soul-searing poo poo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Dany should stick to one of the made up languages where its not as evident that shes bad at it

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

What the gently caress was with the Bran/Sansa scene? Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea? Oh hey Bran, long time no see. Oh it's okay, it's only been years and I thought you were dead, but yeah cool just you sit there and act all loving wise-man mystical on me like the little bitch you are.

What's that? You can't explain what the three-eyed raven is? Even though it's the simplest and most boring aspect of the book? Nah, it's cool, I don't need to know.

Oh hey, thanks for bringing up my wedding. Y'know, that whole part about me being raped. Thanks for that.

Well I'm gonna leave you now underneath the tree. Hopefully you'll catch a cold and die and we'll finally be rid of your awful acting and plot line.

EDIT: Also Euron owns. Ramsey was just psychotic and was just a figurehead for all the lovely things the writers wanted to do for shock value. Euron is gives-no-fucks cool.

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 1, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I really liked season 1 of this show

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's not at all clear how Jamie destroyed all the Tyrells in like a week. His army must have basically teleported over to their castle. And I didn't see any siege engines or anything.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I was wondering why Euron looked so familiar. He was an Eurovision host, lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They're saving the battle budget for zombie ghost ice folk

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Zzulu posted:

They're saving the battle budget for zombie ghost ice folk

Unless the white walkers have a lot more magic powers than they've shown so far, once they get dragon glass weapons that battle should be pretty easy. Just launch a bunch of fire at the skeletons and shoot dragon glass arrows at the walkers.

I guess it could still be made into a longer battle if they have the army get to the wall before they come back with the dragon glass, but that's just setting it up for the incredibly obvious "jon snow rides in to save the day at the last minute" ending.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
does anyone else feel like characters reacting to dragons for the first time is almost all of the value of the dragons? at this point they will slowly fly around and burn stuff, at least one is gonna get smauged by the exact same style and size of crossbow that killed smaug, how fuggin exciting

also at risk of going full lotr nerd: the sequence of ladders, a secret sewer tunnel all in a row was just helms deep: not as exciting anymore edition

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Speaking of that, how did nobody notice the secret sewer tunnel after all that time? Surely guards would have patrolled around the castle preparing for the siege and noticed there's a quick and easy entrance to the thing and plugged it up, or at least posted some guards there.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nah

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
All that time Dany spent gathering together the Unsullied and the Sand Snake people and the Greyjoy woman and the Tyrells...and they all get destroyed in like ten minutes by deux ex Euronchina and Jamie. What was the point? All she has left now are the Dhothrhakkii and her dragons. I guess they had to put Dany and Cerci on equal footing to make the final battle more exciting, but that was a lot of build up for nothing. Hell, with her nearly omnipotent costume magic, Arya could go and kill Cerci right now.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

They need her desperate so that she will team up with jon snuuuuuuuh without having him bend the knee.

I mean, he'll bend it, but only to go down on his aunt, not to submit to her political authority.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They also need to get rid of some of these overwhelming armies because god drat, the Night King only has some skellymans on his side and they need THAT fight to be scary as well

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Zzulu posted:

They also need to get rid of some of these overwhelming armies because god drat, the Night King only has some skellymans on his side and they need THAT fight to be scary as well

Don't forget the zombie giant with no armor or weapons. He'll definitely step on some people before being set on fire and dying.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

"only" skellimans - which can be raised infinitely

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
didn't you see that battle where all the dead men and skeletons just stood up when the white walker king ordered them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sam alone has killed white walkers by accident

Sam did this

They're huge pussies

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dude who plays the Ice/Night king also played Joe Chill from Batman Begins.

Tsk tsk. Typecasting :colbert:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Bran is an incoherent freak.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They shoulda killed Bran and kept Hodor, imo

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

They shoulda killed Bran and kept Hodor, imo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hodor was a pretty annoying pokemon but he wasn't nearly as bad as Bran, so I agree.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hodor was packing too

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Hodor was packing too

"He's got some giant in him, or I'm the queen!"

I miss her a bit, did anyone else find her strangely attractive?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

whoflungpoop posted:

:rip: lady sassmouth who died as she lived, talking soul-searing poo poo

Coster-Waldau really sold his "I'm keeping my poo poo together only barely for the sake of knightly composure" reaction in that scene. i truly wasn't sure if he'd draw his sword and start spite-hacking before the poison took hold.

Of course now that she confessed he knows to a near-certainty that Cersei was railroading Tyrion and that might turn into something if he doesn't stay prisoner to her post-torture cockthirst.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
The cracks are forming in Jaime's blind adoration of Cersei.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The reason Bran was so chill about Sansas wedding night was because he knew it wasn't rape. He even commented how beautiful and evening it was.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Since it's likely they will inexplicably have Sam head back into the plot with Jorah, and Sam's current job is to scribe scrolls and books...

...does that mean that Jorah will be hauling a printer to Dany? :v:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"He's got some giant in him, or I'm the queen!"

I miss her a bit, did anyone else find her strangely attractive?

Yeah she's a uniquely beautiful woman

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Sam twists his ankle getting off the boat and J-Bear literally has to carry him for that long rear end walk to Dragonstone castle. When he finally walks in Kelly C is making out with Chad Snow.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
But seriously I think what the show was going for was having Bran explain his powers to Sansa without just using expository speaking and to make her understand just how terrible his abilities are so she doesn't think he's the same old Bran he always was. He could have gone with any number of events that would be way less awful and traumatizing for Sansa to relieve and gotten the exact same message across but again this show has never been written all that well.

Of course the counter-argument is that he really can only see as far as the creepy trees go so he wasn't able to see Ned get beheaded or the battle of the Blackwater or Lady Aryn get moondoored or whatever so Sansa marrying Ramsay may literally be the only event he could have related.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bran just didn't want Sansa to push him out a window.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

We were all shocked when Jaime kicked out him out the window - but really Jaime foresaw all this.

Jaime did nothing wrong.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, he does have bad taste in women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

He looks like a russian rear end in a top hat Dota player.