Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SteelMentor posted:

Time to strap on the dong armour lads.

Oh oops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my daemon dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Liquid Communism posted:

I think there are a lot cheaper options for generic SF military minis, though.

Yeah it's called the entire Ultramarines range

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

goose willis posted:

Yeah it's called the entire Ultramarines range

We get it, you hate space marines.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

Nah, that was pretty good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JBP posted:

EC have always strike first and a second round of shooting strategem. loving what up.

:evilbuddy:

This Emperor's Children stuff is better than I expected. Going to have my beautiful boys kill so many Biglys.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

JBP posted:

EC have always strike first and a second round of shooting strategem. loving what up.

Don't forget the 5+ fnp psychic ability.

SteelMentor posted:

Time to strap on the dong armour lads.

:sparkles::respek::sparkles:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 1, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

bonds0097 posted:

Only the ones with slightly less spiky hats on.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013

Pendent posted:

I'm actually surprised you're happy with this. More than 12 puts you outside of even rapid fire for bolters.

Hopefully it works like Lord Arkos does in the FW Index, where he infiltrates more than 12 inches away during deployment rather than the first movement phase, which would be pretty good (and so much more vulnerable to going second but that's life.)

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Hummingbird James posted:

Hopefully it works like Lord Arkos does in the FW Index, where he infiltrates more than 12 inches away during deployment rather than the first movement phase, which would be pretty good (and so much more vulnerable to going second but that's life.)

Id imagine it'd work like the raven guard if anything where its at the start of the first round before the first turn, so if you aren't going first you aren't just throwing that unit away since you can put it elsewhere.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Tried painting something a lot darker than my usual palette, even used black primer for the first time in about 10 years. Quite happy with how this guy turned out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Going to point out that that second round of shooting Stratagem is not EC only. It's Slaneesh only. Meaning EC likely have a different Stratagem exclusive to them.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

These are some of the most gloriously foul models GW ever made.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

I think there are a lot cheaper options for generic SF military minis, though.

Well I quite like the primaris models. Have plenty of Infinity stuff already, and just looking for a change of pace really.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Galaspar posted:

These are some of the most gloriously foul models GW ever made.

I just love how happy they are, Nurgle is really showing up Slaanesh in the party department.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I've decided to take Big Boys to the goon meetup, so that'll be 37 more big boys to paint up.

So Reivers - knives and pistols or bullpup bolters? Was thinking of going with a 5 man squad of each, but is one a no brainer? I have a feeling it is knives and pistols as you deep strike into pistol range anyway. And they are AP -1.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Thundercloud posted:

I've decided to take Big Boys to the goon meetup, so that'll be 37 more big boys to paint up.

So Reivers - knives and pistols or bullpup bolters? Was thinking of going with a 5 man squad of each, but is one a no brainer? I have a feeling it is knives and pistols as you deep strike into pistol range anyway. And they are AP -1.

Knives if you're going for a max squad, Tacticool bolters if you're going for 5 man harassment squads.

Also decide if you want Grapnel Launchers or Grav-Chutes. Don't make my mistake and slap both on, gets expensive fast.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How do you guys kit out Wulfen? Worth taking grenade launchers on everyone?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
People tried running https://www.spacemarineheroes.com through google translate.

Best writing from GW in years.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Apparently someone has a better photo and translation of the new White Dwarf. Here are the actual Chaos Traits. And yeah, Word Bearers do get the worst of it:

quote:

1. Alpha Legion = -1 to hit rolls when they are more than 12" away.

2. World Eaters = Extra attack when they make a successful charge.

3. Iron Warriors = Ignore cover when shooting and (I think, I can't be 100%) re-roll saves when themselves are in cover.

4. Black Legion = +1 Ld and Rapid fire weapons count as Assault weapons if the unit advanced.

5. Emperors Children = Attack first in combat just like Slannesh daemons

6. Renegades chapters = Advance and charge

7. Word Bearers = Re-roll failed morale

8. Night Lords = -1 from enemy Ld when within 6" and can stack up to the maximum of - 3 (you could probs use the Raptors ability on top and make it drop an extra -1 too)

World Eaters have a Stratagem that allows them to fight again in the fight phase (so that would be a 3rd time for berzerkers)

Photos:
https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture2/2289/choastrait.jpg
https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture3/2289/choastrait2.jpg

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Iron Warriors loving hell, it's going to be 3rd edition all over again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TheChirurgeon posted:

Apparently someone has a better photo and translation of the new White Dwarf. Here are the actual Chaos Traits. And yeah, Word Bearers do get the worst of it:

Photos:
https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture2/2289/choastrait.jpg
https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture3/2289/choastrait2.jpg

Word bearers have always been poo poo at fighting.

That -1 to hit alphas is a weird rule. They're still hulking nine foot bastards in power armour.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Weird that they would give alpha legion the exact same one as raven guard, and iron warriors the exact same one as imperial fists except better.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It really should be IW ignore cover and fists reroll saves but ehhhhh.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
This does seem like something of a kick in the teeth for Imperial Fists players. It's fitting, really, given the rivalry between those two legions.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
That iron warriors one is loving brutal.

That puts them at a rerollable 2+ against small arms when in cover.

Pendent posted:

This does seem like something of a kick in the teeth for Imperial Fists players. It's fitting, really, given the rivalry between those two legions.

The fists one is a direct counter to the iron warriors one though which is also fitting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Artum posted:

That iron warriors one is loving brutal.

That puts them at a rerollable 2+ against small arms when in cover.

Yeah, or rerollable 2+ vs AP-1 if they're bringing terminators.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Corrode posted:

Iron Warriors loving hell, it's going to be 3rd edition all over again

I like the bonus for being in cover, because it encourages you to bring a fortification or two.

chutche2 posted:

Weird that they would give alpha legion the exact same one as raven guard, and iron warriors the exact same one as imperial fists except better.

Yeah I'm not super-wild about it, but I guess it kind of fits a "stealth" image. Will depend a lot on what their strategem/relics are.

THECHIRURGEON'S RANKING OF NEW LEGION TRAITS BASED ON THIS NEW PROBABLY STILL FLAWED TRANSLATION

TIER 1: Good p much all the time
1. Black Legion (imo the most useful all the time)
2. Emperor's Children (good offensively and defensively)
3. Renegades (advancing and charging gives you a lot of movement)

TIER 2: Situationally useful
4. Iron Warriors, if they re-roll saves in cover
5. World Eaters (Berserkers are already all-stars)
6. Alpha Legion (This could also go in Tier 3, probably)
7. Night Lords (sick with raptors and a cool way to make sure you finish units off in combat)

TIER 3: Still decent but completely boring
8. Word Bearers (do Cultists get this too? I don't remember)
9. Iron Warriors, if they just get +1 to cover saves

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Guess I need to bring out my old IW dudes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well, if that's the case, I'm absolutely using C:SM for Alpha Legion. Because why wouldn't I, when the C:CSM version is just "Raven Guard but without the great RG stratagem".

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Haha christ

People are adding poo poo up and with -3 from night lords, -1 from raptors, -1 from chaos spawn, and -2 from butcher cannon that's -7 LD.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Well, if that's the case, I'm absolutely using C:SM for Alpha Legion. Because why wouldn't I, when the C:CSM version is just "Raven Guard but without the great RG stratagem".

Because that's a bitch move for chumps

Also Alpha Legion will have their own strategem

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Iron Warriors getting a direct buff from cover is interesting, because it sort of goes with the hidden incentive for Fist players to get fortifications.

Consider: a Fist player makes cover not do anything for opponents, which means that by bringing a fortification, you've turned literally any scenario you can think of into a siege scenario where your opponent has no cover and you are at an advantage as a defender. Iron Warriors might be able to get rerolls even if they don't get the bonus from cover, so they're a natural counter to each other, but then the Fist player also has a bonus to damaging fortifications - not just enemy forts, but also the ones the Fist player bought in case they're lost. So the mostly useless Fist secondary thing (marginally useful for shooting your own lost forts down before) becomes super relevant against their biggest nemesis, because they want to get forts too.

If fortifications were cheaper/more viable this would be a hell of a series of gambits to try out. What's the word on units in buildings getting captain aura bonuses again?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheChirurgeon posted:

Because that's a bitch move for chumps

Also Alpha Legion will have their own strategem

It's going to have to be a hell of a strategem to be better than "Give any infantry unit infiltrate for 1CP".

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's going to have to be a hell of a strategem to be better than "Give any infantry unit infiltrate for 1CP".

Honestly I will be pretty surprised if it isn't just identical to that

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I want them to have a 30k style bring a unit onto the board when your opponent tries to deep strike or etc.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Maybe there'll be good Chaos stratagems idk, maybe wait for the book to come out

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Corrode posted:

Maybe there'll be good Chaos stratagems idk, maybe wait for the book to come out

That's not nearly as fun as rampant speculation and panic.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Iron Warriors have the same exact chapter tactic as imperial fists.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/legion-focus-iron-warriors-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rulebook Heavily posted:

People tried running https://www.spacemarineheroes.com through google translate.

Best writing from GW in years.

"Is it the annihilation of the enemy? Sergeant, is what I want." - that's the Star Justicars warcry. Dibs, no one else can use it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Rubrics gonna be tough to shift with that psychic power.